Author Topic: Adult Party Planning  (Read 1982 times)

orangelove

• GirlTalker
Adult Party Planning
« on: January 29, 2015, 08:27:26 am »
Not really sure if this is the correct place to put this post. I tried to search din and wanted sana ng isang thread para sa adult party planning :)

We're planning for my dad's 80th birthday party and have some questions.
- May program ba for this type of event?
- Do we still need a coordinator for this?
- Any recommendation for bands? My dad would want a band sana to play din during the event. I talked to a friend and nawindang ako kasi iba-iba pa pala ang mga bands. Hehe! May mga sinasabi kasi sya na showband etc. And kung ano ano pang terms na I really don't have any idea of :P Is there a specific band for parties and iba rin ba yun sa weddings?
- Same goes for hosts, iba rin ba yun sa weddings and sa parties? Please recommend na rin. Mostly ng nakita ko dito is for kidde birthday parties kasi.

Thanks in advance!
Life is all about timing. The unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It's all about timing.

pomelo06

• GirlTalker
  • Inay ng makulet na bata
Re: Adult Party Planning
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:27:33 pm »
Hi Sis. Last nov we held my mother's 70th birthday. My program kami during the event with the help of our host. Parang debut ang peg.. Hehe.. For the band naman. My mother prefer a kundiman singers or you could ask your dad un specific nya n music or it depends sa theme ng party. Un sa mother ko kc barrio fiesta un theme kaya okay un kundiman type of music. Meron din kami games para mag participate din mga bisita. Di na kami ng hire ng coordinator, ako na [textspeak!] nag asikaso.

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:36:54 am »
- May program ba for this type of event?
Mas ok kung meron since this is a grand event (unlike the usual party of just eating and bonding). However, make sure that your dad is ok to be the centre of attention. It is for him after all :)
The type of program, activities in it, etc. will depend on the preference of your dad (ano ba ang trip niya?) and the guests (ma-appreciate ba nila? magparticipate ba sila?).

- Do we still need a coordinator for this?
If you want less headache and have fun on the day, get a professional to do this.

- Any recommendation for bands?
Nako di ko sure ito haha! Ano ba type of music ng dad mo? :)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 01:07:30 am »
When it comes to parties with "Very Senior" celebrants  in our family -- we really scrutinize the celebrant.

1st:  health issues.  Kaya pa ba to stay up late?  Kasi may mga health constraints yung iba, must be in bed by 9PM.  So, we do a lunch event.
(Any birthday 60 and over is a Big Deal to us, where quite a number die before reaching 60.
So, we tend to go overboard in such celebrations.)

We get Rita Neri to coordinate.  Our planning starts a year before, and goes into full gear 6 months before.  To cut on costs, we usually purchase the theme decor and giveaways from the US or China.

Yes, there must be a program.  Presentations, toasts & speeches.  Meron gusto may Mass before the dining and wining and singing and whatever.  O sige.
There are presentations by generation or family.  We also locate close friends of the celebrant and try to get them to present something (they usually sing.  though may mga frisky, ayaw paawat sa dance presentation -- with their DIs.  susko nga)
Of course, there is that walang kamatayang video presentation.
We also have games -- simple games for old and young ones alike.  Nothing energetic, nothing complicated.

We prefer at least 3 family members doing the hosting.  It is more fun coz they are familiar with the guests and family.

Yes, we get a string quartet for the pre-dinner & dinner.  Then, we have a dance band after the activities.  We do not get a showband.   

What else?  WE hire DIs. 

GeorgeReece

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 11:38:46 pm »
We have a party rental business and in every business you need a co-coordinator.

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • To God be the Glory!!!
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 02:25:21 pm »
My brother and sister organize a surprise 70th Birthday Bash for our mother, there were no band pero my mother's Zumba team danced.
I am the host, kasi I know the visitor and my mom too well so I know how to manipulate the entire party
Food nag hire ate ko ng cook sa garden ng ate ko held which was a good thing kasi nakapunta lahat ng Zumba friends ni mama.
They all enjoyed the party my mom was in cloud 9

Guests were actually asking if next birthday niya may party ulit kasi pupunta sila..hehe
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

goddessella

• Junior GirlTalker
  • label jars, not people
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 08:18:08 pm »
We organised a party for my Grandma a while back when she was still with us.

Afternoon event sha kasi maaga na yung bed time ng mga senior nya na friends.

Terno terno kami based on the family of her kids. tapos for program, nagperform yung mga sons/daughter in law nya, yung mga anak nya and kaming mga apo. kanya kanyang dance/song number or paandar.

We hired a gay performer/comedian lang na medyo kilala to host the event and perform a few songs, pero yung mga guests din kasi had special numbers (we have a lot of musically inclined family friends), pati yung mga senior citizen nya na friends, hindi nagpatalo, nagdance number din. tapos may pa-games din kami na medyo naughty, tapos yung mga senior citizens din yung naglaro. towards the end of the event, may mga DI to dance with the crowd.

yung tropa naman ng grandma ko before, soshal, her kids hired pilita corales as one of the performers ng birthday nya.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:20:10 pm by goddessella »

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close