Author Topic: Separation of Properties after Marriage (forgot to file Prenup)  (Read 1460 times)

supladitang cute

  • Guest
Separation of Properties after Marriage (forgot to file Prenup)
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »
Hi sises. I'd want to know if anyone can share their experience with this. I recently got married but forgot to file the prenup.  I read from a news clip that you can file for a voluntary separation of properties after marriage but I can't find a template unlike sa prenup. We both consented to this agreement naman. Do we need to file this in court? Hope you can share it with me. Thanks!

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Separation of Properties after Marriage (forgot to file Prenup)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:15:14 pm »


I'm not sure kung need sa court but you can consult a lawyer regarding cash/liquid assets. Pero when it comes to purchasing properties, you can opt to have a document that says isang party lang may ari and the other spouse doesn't need to co-sign. Tendency kasi mga agent nagmamadali maka benta so para mabilis e ipa sign sa buyer then co sign ng spouse. But as far as I know there's a way out for purchase of properties. Sa ibang assets, not sure.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Separation of Properties after Marriage (forgot to file Prenup)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:58:07 am »
I strongly recommend you get a lawyer to handle your pre/post-nup concerns.  Let the lawyer tie up all the ends, so all your Is are dotted & all Ts are crossed.   Do not risk going the DIY route for this serious matter between you spouses.   

Take note that what is a clear & mutually agreed upon arrangement can be turned into a toxic circus when love no longer rules a relationship, or when a 3rd party covets.   Fairness, even the Truth -- are thrown out the window. 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close