watch now

Author Topic: Informing your boss that you're pregnant  (Read 2177 times)

charmed30

  • Guest
Informing your boss that you're pregnant
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:51 am »
Hi sisses. Not sure if may nacreate na na topic about this.
I am having a dilemma right now. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and i haven't told anyone in my workplace (most especially my boss) that i am  pregnant. I am not yet showing kaya totally wala silang idea. I am afraid that my boss would take the pregnancy negatively and may be disappointed :( Very important pa naman sa kin ang career ko and my image in the workplace. I know need ko na sabihin before i start showing, but how??? Should i send a formal email? Or talk to them personally?

Sisses, please advise :(

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: Informing your boss that you're pregnant
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:13:22 am »
Hello sis! Suggestion ko: Set a meeting with your boss to set both of your expectations. I think at this point, it's very important to let them know that your work is important to you too and that nothing much has to change except for your scheduled check ups and you'd still work hard! Identify people who could take up your work while you are away on maternity leave and discuss that too.

The office admin was the first person I asked about maternity leaves. Luckily, when I was 13 weeks pregnant, we were doing our mid-year performance appraisals and I have a scheduled meeting with my boss. We had the performance review first then after that, when she asked kung meron ako questions, etc, I told her about my pregnancy and not to count me out yet, because I do love the company and my job and she was very happy about the news and that I would like to get back to work after my maternity leave. Her secretary of 4 years resigned last year to be a full time mom kaya sabi ko I have every intention to go back after I give birth. Also, 3rd na ako sa office namin nabuntis under her management kaya mas madali na din siguro kahit no kids and not married siya. :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Informing your boss that you're pregnant
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:44:02 pm »
There's never really a "good" time to be pregnant when it comes to work. Work is work and it will alwaysbe there and i would think your boss would understand. Better to inform your boss early so they can plan ahead rather than leaving it out. My line of work is project based and projects go in for months at a time so it's important that my boss knows so they can review what projects to give me.

Before i got pregnant with my second baby i told my bosses ahead if time (i think back in 2013 pa) that i was planning on having another baby in 2014. I told them as soonas i found out i was pregnant.

Anither reasonto inform your boss-you needto file your sss mat-1

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Informing your boss that you're pregnant
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:56 pm »
I agree that there's never a good time to be pregnant. Companies are aware of this risk that's why some still prefer to hire men than women (sadly). Pero wala naman silang magagawa eh saka right naman ng mga babae to be out of the office due to pregnancy.

Just go and schedule a meeting with your boss (do it as soon as possible) and say something like, "I'm excited to share some good news! I'm pregnant!" haha positive approach ;)
Or whatever works for your boss kasi depende din kung ano ba ang personality niya (married ba? with kids? does he/she like kids? or does he/she celebrate life milestones of employees under him/her?)

Paano maiwasan ang negative image at disappointment sayo? Siguraduhin mo na pag sinabi mong importante ang trabaho mo para sayo, you show it in both words and actions.

These are some scenarios that you should have a plan for work-wise:
- check-ups
- bed rest
- maternity leave
- walang yaya
- nagkasakit ang bata
etc etc

Sa dati kong work meron puro bed rest tapos nung nanganak na, nagresign dahil walang yaya. Stressed mga taong kawork niya (yung mga gumawa ng trabaho dahil wala siya) kasi wala pala silang inaantay.

I hope this helps and it turns out well for you :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close