Author Topic: DIY Wedding Part 11  (Read 68076 times)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #520 on: July 29, 2015, 08:00:31 am »
yup, it's really important to plan your diys ahead of time :)

for the invitations, ours cost us $0.85/pc for an a5 size cardstock. i think it's still cheaper than in ph, where prices are usually php50 up for the invitations.

oh and sis bonzaigirl, i hope you received my email :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #521 on: July 29, 2015, 08:15:05 am »
I had to go through a lot of junkmail before I actually saw it. Thanks 120515. It's very lovely. I wish I can do the same and give justice sa aming DIY :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #522 on: July 29, 2015, 12:16:45 pm »
Hey bonzaigirl, raising my hand on DIY invites :) I've absolutely no creative bone in my body but the fiance and I aren't particular naman with the ultra-stylized stuff. Just made Pinterest my downloadable font bible, consulted websites on proper wording, and done! Just waiting to finalize na lang our colour motif so I can put that in too.

Printing-wise, most of my guests are based overseas so I'll just email them the PDF invitation suite. They wouldn't mind not receiving a physical copy kasi I'm guessing they'd throw that out anyways. I will print around a handful of copies though for pictorial purposes hehe Will backread in the Invitations thread, I remember there was mention of printers who help with invitations.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #523 on: July 29, 2015, 12:29:19 pm »
Thank you girls,  so if I'm underdstanding this correctly, it's still cheaper to do DIY invitations even if we live abroad? Albeit of course its time consuming of course, but if like me, i've got the time on my hands, so it's still feasible?? Is that it? Pasensya na kung medyo makulit ako. hehe

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #524 on: July 29, 2015, 01:17:13 pm »
hi bonzaigirl, for me, it's still cheaper to diy invitations, especially if you have a nice printer on hand. if you don't have a printer like us, then you can just go to a print shop and check how much their printing charges are.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #525 on: July 29, 2015, 01:22:09 pm »
Thanks thank you so much. At least I will have some argument on hand just in case the hubby wouldn't agree. hehe.  One more question, my problem is how to out the graphics in. And yung fonts, how do I install them? I'm sorry if my questions are rather pretty basic. Hehheehe. 😰😰😰

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2015, 01:32:31 pm »
for installing fonts:
1. go to control panel
2. double-click the "Fonts" folder
3. copy into the folder the font file you would like to install

that's it! :)

for graphics, if you're using a microsoft program, you just go to "Insert" then choose "Picture." a pop-up window will appear asking you which picture you would like to use. just click on the file and it will show up on the document you are editing.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2015, 02:05:21 pm »
for installing fonts:
1. go to control panel
2. double-click the "Fonts" folder
3. copy into the folder the font file you would like to install

that's it! :)

for graphics, if you're using a microsoft program, you just go to "Insert" then choose "Picture." a pop-up window will appear asking you which picture you would like to use. just click on the file and it will show up on the document you are editing.

Wow thanks. I've unstalled some fonts in my desktop but never did get to see them I'll go check how I can retrieve them. Thank you oh so much :) 

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2015, 02:12:32 pm »
120515: dear where do you source your graphics? I need to put in a sample photo of a tux and long dress and couldn't fine matino dingbat fonts (which are my shortcut to everything hehe)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #529 on: July 29, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »
hi anneshirley, i got them from etsy, the supplier is pink pueblo. she has a ton of wonderful graphics.

i have a lot of chalkboard graphics but none of them are of a tux or long dress. they're mostly lights and florals. if you want them, i can share them with you, just pm me your email address :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #530 on: July 29, 2015, 04:45:32 pm »
Thanks so much dear! Question lang: upon purchase, are the colours of the graphics customizable? haven't decided on a motif yet and I'm very particular about matching colors eh hehe

klover1217

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #531 on: July 29, 2015, 05:03:47 pm »
Finished product ng aming wedding invites. :) Bumili lang kami ng tracing paper for wrapping tapos nagdesign and print ako ng parang magiging band na maghhold sa invites. tapos bumili rin kami ng gold envelopes at ako na nag dikit ng monograms namin sa envelopes at nag calligraphy kuno ng names. hehe poor lighting lang ang pics pero happy naman ako sa kinalabasan. :) I designed the invites myself then pinaprint ko lang sa Urbanista. :) I know maaga pa for our July wedding, pero excited akong ipamigay sila kaya sinumulan na siya idistribute. After holy week tapos na kami mamigay. :)

Invites:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qei1tylebjw8eqe/PatDawn071115.e-vite.jpg?dl=0

Actual invites:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ujph6v8o6v6pyw/DSC_2510.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u7ukqzm2h11rsj/DSC_2516.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/37g61qsmhpigkkj/DSC_2525.JPG?dl=0

hi sis, nice invites! what font did you use for your monogram? :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2015, 06:41:38 pm »
hi anneshirley, if you use microsoft word, you will be able to change the color when you insert the graphic into your document :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #533 on: July 29, 2015, 07:28:31 pm »
Awesome, thanks dear!

smld

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #534 on: July 29, 2015, 11:34:30 pm »
I agree that it's cheaper to diy the invites, pero madaming considerations for this, if you'll be printing them at home.

One is the size, make sure na standard sya para di ka mahirapan maghanap ng envelope
Next is the quality ng paper. I think malaking factor to sa overall look ng invite.
Another would be the printing quality, just make sure to do test prints. Most of the time, the colors you see sa monitor won't come out exactly the same when printed.
Lastly, make sure you'll be able to cut it out well. Mas professional tignan pag malinis.

emceenglot

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2015, 09:12:33 am »
girls, ano ok na printing company for invitation/wedding program? Thanks!

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2015, 09:42:21 am »
hi emceenglot, i think there might be printers listed or suggested in the invitations thread :)

emceenglot

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #537 on: August 03, 2015, 02:29:39 pm »
thanks sis 120515

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #538 on: August 03, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »
^ Thanks mga sis 120515 and smld. :)   I will start pa lang our STD's this month because we want to send it out soon. Especially for those who are base overseas :).  I also bought a calligraphy pen with various nubs. hehe. Will try and experiment with that one then we'll see. hehe :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #539 on: August 03, 2015, 06:12:35 pm »
hi bonzaigirl, check out this list...it helped me A LOT while i addressed our invitations: http://www.vandelaydesign.com/calligraphy-fonts/

i just googled the calligraphy font i liked and checked out google images for the alphabets :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close