Author Topic: DIY Wedding Part 11  (Read 68164 times)

smld

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #500 on: July 23, 2015, 07:51:06 pm »
^ great blogpost, smld, we basically did the same thing  ;D ^

Thank you, sis 120515.I think yun yung madaling way hehe =) I was thinking of adding lace din, but it costs more kaya I settled for ribbons. Ang hirap mag maintain ng blog, but it's my way of giving back since local blogs have helped me a lot. =) hopefully I get to write more the coming days.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #501 on: July 24, 2015, 04:43:27 am »
Sis, I used bbq sticks na mahaba, I bought it sa grocery.

I'm trying to make a blog of the DIYs I've made, first entry ko ito: http://chapters1108.blogspot.jp/2015/07/how-to-make-ribbon-wands.html

wow nice work sis smld :D ,  My wedding is still next year, I have 10.5 months to go. I was thinking, since I've now moved to my hubby's place and am still waiting on jobs, I might as well start doing my DIY's.  I know there are some negative comments regarding paper flowers as decor, I find that it's quite a stress reliever to me, when I make my paper pompoms hehehhe... I was thinking of hanging them on trees. I was also thinking of hanging frames like these https://www.pinterest.com/pin/322781498262873810/.  What do you guys think?

Has anyone done their own invites? Nothing too fancy, pero I'm still looking for free templates, and looking on how to make my own calligraphy.  I saw this in pinterest,  http://www.itrydiy.me/2014/08/how-to-fake-calligraphy.html, but will still keep on looking. hehe. 

My wedding isn't so fancy. Thus we didn't opt for the normal reception places.  Our reception and preps area is a Bed and breakfast with lots of grounds and asian bric a brac.  So we're trying for the bohemian, eclectic , rustic and  yet still chic look hahaha.   Hope we can pull it off.  My MIL was not pleased with me, when I told her where the reception place would be,as she wants me to have the wedding in Fernwoods, or in Mahogany Place. hehe.  I have nothing against them, but it bothers me at times, because we can afford them, but have no plans of splurging on a wedding when we can go splurge on other things.  Plus, we are not ostentatious people and it's probably just me, but I find both places too grand for me.  We really like the simplicity and quaintness in some things. hehe.  Hope these DIY's will be given justice, when I make them hehe

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #502 on: July 24, 2015, 08:19:09 am »
bonzaigirl, i'm also having a fresh-flower-free wedding! when i told my mama that i won't have any fresh flowers, she gasped "but fresh flower are a must!" and i was like "no, they're not! and they're expensive and they will just wilt!" then she just left it at that, no further comments! i love my mama! ;D

i think you should just go ahead and start making DIYs because they do take a lot of time. we have the same rustic vibe :)

tissue paper pom poms take time actually. i'm already making them in gold and pink. i'll be making about a hundred so i can cover the ceiling with them together with string lights. so you can already start on them. just leave them at the penultimate stage for easy transport.

i also designed our own invitations and we have started distributing them. i just designed it on microsoft powerpoint and saved it as pdf to preserve the sizes and format. i can share with you the chalkboard vectors that i used, which i got from etsy :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #503 on: July 24, 2015, 08:34:02 am »
bonzaigirl, i'm also having a fresh-flower-free wedding! when i told my mama that i won't have any fresh flowers, she gasped "but fresh flower are a must!" and i was like "no, they're not! and they're expensive and they will just wilt!" then she just left it at that, no further comments! i love my mama! ;D

i think you should just go ahead and start making DIYs because they do take a lot of time. we have the same rustic vibe :)

tissue paper pom poms take time actually. i'm already making them in gold and pink. i'll be making about a hundred so i can cover the ceiling with them together with string lights. so you can already start on them. just leave them at the penultimate stage for easy transport.

i also designed our own invitations and we have started distributing them. i just designed it on microsoft powerpoint and saved it as pdf to preserve the sizes and format. i can share with you the chalkboard vectors that i used, which i got from etsy :)

Hahaha, I was thinking of transporting them already folded, and since I'll be in Manila 5 weeks before the wedding, that's the time na I'll unfurl them hehe.  But, we will see.  I did that before when I did the baby shower for my friend.  Anyways,  yes please. Oh do send.  I've found some free templates from pinterest, but it's quite difficult when I was trying to put in the letters.  Seems I have to install the fonts hehe.  I have so many ideas, but it's kind of hard to simply put them on paper.  :D

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #504 on: July 24, 2015, 08:46:39 am »
^ just pm me your email address :)

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #505 on: July 24, 2015, 02:06:16 pm »
For the mason jars printing, I was thinking it would be something like how they print on mugs. Something like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ae/5a/65/ae5a65605e31dd703484eaf0aea11ff9.jpg

I think this is possible sis. I saw a similar photo sa IG feed ni iya (villania). Parang they have the same favor nung wedding nila.  :)

*Back reading girl here, sorry kung off topic na  :))*

jhot17_ece

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2015, 04:01:23 pm »
Hi mga sis.. Tanong ko lang, would you know kung saan ako pwede makabili ng anchor embelishments or pendants na kahit maliliit lang? Mejo need ko ng marami.. Pati na din artificial starfish.. Would you know mga sis kung san part ng divi pwede makabili? Hope you can help me.. Thanks mga sis..

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #507 on: July 25, 2015, 06:44:12 pm »
Hi girls, I've done na my stationery suite and pretty happy with it :) I have a couple of specifications for guest attire though and think it would be better if I have graphics on the page. Do some of you know where I can get sample graphics of suits and dresses?

ellesor

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2015, 07:28:11 pm »
Hi mga sis.. Tanong ko lang, would you know kung saan ako pwede makabili ng anchor embelishments or pendants na kahit maliliit lang? Mejo need ko ng marami.. Pati na din artificial starfish.. Would you know mga sis kung san part ng divi pwede makabili? Hope you can help me.. Thanks mga sis..

sis naghahanap din ako ng artificial starfish pero tunay na starfish lang nakita ko sa may Tabora sa divi

jheajen

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:24 am »
Mga sis any idea magkano picture frame sa divi?large frame sana na lalagyan ng picture for photo gallery.mga 15x20 size or mas malaki pa.magkano kaya yun?TIA.

simang

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #510 on: July 27, 2015, 06:40:57 pm »
DIYed our marquee letters. Gagamitin namin first time sa engagement shoot :)

jhot17_ece

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #511 on: July 27, 2015, 07:47:49 pm »
sis ellesor oo nga.. gusto ko sana artificial para di smelly..

Mga sis baka may alam kayo bilihan ng artificial starfish maliban sa tabora, divi.. tsaka mga sis anchor embelishments, yun para pendants.. Thank you..

Nostalgic24

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #512 on: July 28, 2015, 04:39:29 am »
Hello All!
Newbie here, i want to personalize our wedding by adding DIYs
Medyo nakakareceive pa din ako ng "Ohhh" reaction from people whenever i say that
and my H2B is also hesitant cause he doesnt want me na ma stress on our special day
Medyo na explain ko naman on how im planning to execute it with the help of my friends
so ayun ok na sya
I just have to organize my idea to start
So far im learning a lot from you guys :)

BTW my wedding is on Jan 2016
so goodluck sakin
less than 6months to go na :D

mindiegirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #513 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:14 am »
^wellmanson in quiapo has a looot of trinkets sis. Baka meron dun ng hinahanap mo. :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #514 on: July 28, 2015, 01:44:44 pm »
so the fiance's trying to DIY our misalette and aprub sken agad. Galing hihi.  Wala kasi akong talent sa ganyan HAHA. Pero subject for approval pa din ng church. I wanna share some pics here kaya lang i do not know how hehe.

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #515 on: July 28, 2015, 07:10:12 pm »
^ hi yannuh, join a photo-sharing site like imgur. joining is easy and it's also anonymous :) ^

happy diy-ing to all fellow diy brides out here! you can do it! plan well and execute! ;D

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #516 on: July 28, 2015, 07:47:53 pm »
Sige nga sis i'll create an account there:) thank you sis!😘

smld

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #517 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:48 pm »
bonzaigirl, i'm also having a fresh-flower-free wedding! when i told my mama that i won't have any fresh flowers, she gasped "but fresh flower are a must!" and i was like "no, they're not! and they're expensive and they will just wilt!" then she just left it at that, no further comments! i love my mama! ;D

i think you should just go ahead and start making DIYs because they do take a lot of time. we have the same rustic vibe :)


same here sis 120515, pati reaction ng mom hehe =)

Sis Bonzaigirl, I suggest making a list of your DIYs then set a start and end date for them. Tama si  sis 120515 - they take a lot of time, and patience =) I watch series/movie while making the diys, 7 movies and nasa season 3 na ako ng Friends =)  Not counting the time spent infront of the laptop for the templates and printables.


bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2015, 03:17:08 am »
Wow thanks for the infos. I have a question, is it cheaper to DIY invitations? Since some supplies are more expensive here? My husband and I are discussing this kasi. Kasi I keep bugging him that we should start to take some photos for our STD's. And that we should have a mockup of our entourage soon. The earlier that we have the invitations, the better.  Pero ayun nga.  Haiist... Ang main concern nya kasi is the expense for printing. Any thoughts on this?

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2015, 06:31:50 am »
^^magstart pa lang kami sa DIYs, 45 days to go before our wedding. sana kayanin hihi. mostly, misalettes and wedding thingies for pictorial na lang naman hihi. Nice idea to put a start and end date for each para maestimate din how long it will take us to finish everything. Thanks for the suggestion sis!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close