watch now

Author Topic: Do you participate in your child's activities?  (Read 3935 times)

kiz_me1109

  • Guest
Do you participate in your child's activities?
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:10:38 am »
Hello Mommies. :)  I just want to get your opinion about this.

Do you mingle with your co Moms at school or participate to your kids school activities (kahit optional naman)?

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:13:22 am by kiz_me1109 »

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:53:38 pm »
Yes, I do.  :)

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:23 pm »
My baby is only less than a year old so I don't have actual experience on this. But based on my observations sa mga pamangkin ko, it is important for parents to participate in their children's activities, when needed, and to at least be civil with the other parents.

Sabi din ng SIL ko yun sa akin. You don't have to be chummy-chummy with everyone naman, just be nice. And she said it's natural to have small close groups within the parents' circle too, like a clique/barkada.

KVsWahmmy

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 09:53:31 pm »
My husband and I make sure to always be present in my child's school activities. Basta puedeng nandoon ang parents, we will be there. Hubby will take a leave talaga, and I will change my writing sched to accommodate the activity. I want her to feel our all-out support.

To answer the other question though, well, I am nice and civil naman to other parents. Hindi lang talaga ko siguro 'friendly' or ma-PR type, but if they talk to me, I talk to them. But not really yung nakiki-close or parang barkada. Iwas 'chismis' and gulo din. :) Minsan kasi mga ganyan pinagsisimulan ng alitan, comparisons, etc. :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 10:11:23 am »
I participate everytime my daughter has an activity in school. I'm also friends with the moms of my daughter's classmates pero hinde sobra. Sila kase everyday magkakasama since they're stay at home moms. They take their kids to school, hang out somewehere tapos pick them up.

I love my daughter's preschool cus they have a lot of activities. Not all parents appreciate it though but for my husband and I, we do naman. Iba ang feeling ng kids when their parents are there with them participating in the activities. Kahit as simple as me visiting her or picking her up from school, she's super proud na agad.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:12:59 am by twelvth_goddess »

swtgrl_bee

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:37:59 am »
Yes, we do! Daddy and Mommy tandem palagi kami ni Hubby :) Sa school ng anak ko, madaming activities at medyo strict ang school nila. Kapag nakikita nilang walang participation ang parents sa anak nila they will call the parents. Small talk lang naman, kasi kasama sa orientation na dapat mag participat e ang parents sa mga school activities.

hi_landprincess

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 02:29:09 pm »
We do but since preggy ako ngayon mas si hubby ang nag-attend except nung Christmas presentation nila, nag-attend din ako. :)

thebratinella

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »
We do. We can see our daughter's happiness when she sees us sitting there watching her, may it be in the assembly or Christmas program. Hindi naman mahilig sa activities yung school nila. Halloween party, Christmas program and the occasional assembly where the kids get to lead the prayer, singing of the national anthem lang. Big deal sa kids yung presence ng parents. In the morning, I stay with her for 30-40 minutes to wait for the teacher. I'd buy her food at the canteen then watch her play at the quadrangle. Yun na bonding namin. If I can't make it to an activity, husband ko would pitch in.

I don't hang out in school though for hours kasi like what KVsWahmmy mentioned mahirap makibarkada sa ibang moms. Yung halos everyday magkakasama. Hindi maiwasan na magkaissue. I only have 1 mommy friend there na kasabay ko umuwi after maghatid ng mga anak namin. Civil kami dun sa ibang parents.

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »
Yes i do! i am also a "parent volunteer" in their school.

when my kids were still in kinder, i became friends with the moms there kasi we were all SAHMs so we'd all hang out while we waited for our kids.
now both my kids are in primary, i only get to hang out with other moms during events, workshops,etc.. but not really close, just civil, friendly, ganun lang...

if mga major events like graduation, performance, concert, etc, both hubby & i will attend..pero pag mga minor events lang like orientation,parent-teacher meetings,health week, etc, ako lang talaga usually pumupunta and my husband stays at home with our kids.

mightymommy

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 06:43:28 am »
Yes we do! sacrifice talaga on our part to take a leave from work, sayang din yung leave without pay PERO super sulit naman when bonding with our little one. Hindi mapapalitan ang saya, ang good memories, ang bonding :) i highly appreciate though the school where my daughter studies since start of the year pa lang, they give a Calendar of activities already so i can plot out the leave that i need to take for the major activities.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 07:26:39 am »
yes I am involved with my kids' school activities. pero not to the point na Im part of the PTA or something. If it's orientation or small meetings in school, im the one who usually attends. if may mga performances, both of me and my husband watch it. for my son's preschool, they make sure that parents are involved actively. like yesterday, my husband did a story telling. last year naman, i was in school to do an activity with their class.

wifeynikawin

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 01:17:09 pm »
Sa DMA of Valenzuela ibang klaseng curriculum ang ginagamit, kasama kami na nagri rate sa kids namin kapag culminating program/ oral exams nila. Parang Nanay -teacher ang dating. kaya laging kong kausap ang principal nila na super hands-on to discuss the child's progress.

hyder0926

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 05:44:32 pm »
Yes I do.. i make time to see him at school when they have activities.. i have never missed a school activity.

Seeing him beam at me from his seat / the stage makes me happiest.. almost always he calls out to me and say thats my mommy to his friends..

momxfive

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 06:20:00 pm »
Yes, I make sure na may time ako for my kids' school activities para aware ako sa mga strengths and weaknesses nila outside our home. Active na active ako sa mga PTA and even kami ng ibang mommies nakakapag-bonding. I'm a SAHM by the way 😃

Dacian

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »
yes.

mommamymy!

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 10:53:31 pm »
My husband and I always participate in our kid's activities in school although si hubby sometimes hindi nakaka-attend because of his business trips abroad. Pero whenever he's around or if his work permits, siya pa mismo magsasabi or mag-reremind na may activity si 4y/o namin. I'm a WAHM naman kaya I bring my work with me kapag hahatid/susundo sa son ko. I love it whenever my son's face would light up kapag nakikita niya ako after a long day in school.  ;)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 06:31:42 am »
I'm 100% there all the time.
meetings, field trips, etc. present ako
I'm a working single mom. I really make the effort. Kaya sobrang thankful din ako sa Solo Parent Leaves na I can avail.


I don't want my daughter to feel na I was never there during those times.
Plus its a good time rin to know about her strengths, weaknesses, mga kalokohan  :P
Kasi that's what happened to my sis and I, my mother never attended to any of those school activities. It made me feel embarrassed, lonely, and not prioritized   :-[
gets ko naman na my mom had to raise 3 of us kids alone kasi single mom narin siya nun.
 

chiqmom

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 08:40:55 am »
Yes, I always do :) I'm a single mom, and it's my way of showing them that despite the absence of their dad, they need not to feel alone or lonely. Yung friends ng mga anak ko, usually friend ko din yung mommies and during school occasions, we always stay together.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 10:41:08 pm »
My husband and I make it a point to attend PTAs, activities, field trips etc. If the school event is done on a Saturday, present kame parehas. Pag weekday, one of us will go on leave or adjust work schedules so we can attend. We want our daughter to feel our presence. Chaka eto pa yung time na pinagmamayabang pa nya sa classmates and friends nya na her parents are there so I want to make the most out of it.

sensi

  • Guest
Re: Do you participate in your child's activities?
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 10:04:05 am »
fiance and i are always present...kahit may meetings siya, magbook nako ng appointment ko with him 2-3 days before my daughter's school day, so he can put aside his meetings...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close