Author Topic: Wedding Prep Dress  (Read 17675 times)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »
^Chili1113, how about using Hollywood tape to pin the nightie on your skin?

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »
@chilli1113: really? Thanks! I was wondering if it's nice or not! I'll probably order that then, even if I order a different robe :)

I agree with rowan. Double sided tape should do the trick! Although if you're not comfortable having such a low neckline in photos, maybe it would be better to find another option?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2016, 03:28:51 pm »
thanks rowan and stella for the idea!! =) Double sided tape does work wonders. Although the nightie I have is super low, like as low as a a bikini top! haha. I think I will bring both on my wedding day and see what I feel like wearing, and have a back-up also.

Its funny because this bridal robe thing, got me conscious of what I wear to bed. Just last month, my mom and sister told me I gotta buy new house clothes when I get married daw because mine are just so ratty, with matching holes and all. Good thing I have a stash of sexy nighties that were given as gifts. It is so surprising how much good sleepwear can cost!

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »
@Chili: Haha that's why I bought my Natori robe and nighties, para di naman oversized shirt na threadbare na ang suot ko! Though I'm sure initial lang yung nighties, I think I'll probably be going back to oversize shirts after a few months especially if the hubby will just be wearing his usual :P

@stella: actually mas worry ko yung top(cleavage) ko than the bottom kasi feeling ko medyo lowcut ang bagsak niya sa akin. Although I would be wearing silicone bra na underneath(stick on), I just think I would feel much more comfortable if I still have a chemise/nightie on underneath.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2016, 05:03:37 pm »
Thanks sis stella021817 yes i'll just really have to fit it before the wedding to see if it looks good or if i have to buy a new one. Medyo nanghihinayang pa din ako sa 500 pesos na kasama nung Heart robe especially if meron naman na ako pwede gamitin.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2016, 05:17:45 pm »
@meixin: You can always safety pin the top of the robe together, so it doesn't "open" up, and you can adjust how low it is. If you do it properly, it shouldn't be obvious (just make sure you do it well, because I saw a photo on LT's ig where it looks like the bride safety pinned her robe and it was really obvious).

@MS_JanDel: haha me too! P500 is still P500 lol. I think your body shaper should be fine! :)

@chili: I need to buy some! i just wear a big shirt and boxers to sleep also, lol. Though yes, nice sleepwear is very expensive :S Hopefully I'll get some cute ones at my bridal shower, haha!

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2016, 09:36:10 am »
Sis stella021817 yes! hahaha.. Sayang pa din.Thank you sis!

Sis Chili1113 I'll be buying some too since I usually wear old clothes and shorts to sleep kasi yun yung comfortable. hahaha.. Kailangan ng magipon ng nighties for the married life  ;D ;D

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2016, 11:10:54 am »
Hahaha I enjoyed reading your comments. I also loved wearing old/oversized shirts and shorts before I got married. Got lucky that friends and cousins gave me really nice lingerie during my bridal shower. So unfair though. Dapat sa bachelor's party they also give the groom nice boxers/undies hahaha. After the wedding I wore my new and sexy undies tapos the husband kept wearing his worn out shorts. Where's the justice in that?! Hahaha

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2016, 11:18:38 am »
Hahaha! Men apparently don't care about what they look like at home :P

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2016, 11:37:35 pm »
Hi all! Since im not into robes, can anyone suggest a nice prep dress? Does it always have to be in white color?

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2016, 09:47:00 am »
Mga sis ano footwear na balak niyo ipair sa robe? nakabarefoot lang ba kayo?  ;D

^Sis  lyr3hs hindi naman yata required na white pero yung iba nakita usually blush or white or pastel colors. Pwede ka sis mag dress pero yung may zipper or pwede hubarin pababa at hindi masisira make up mo. Yung cousins ko cute dresses yung prep attire nila. :D

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2016, 10:50:44 am »
^^Oversized polo shirts. Chambray is a nice color.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2016, 01:19:04 pm »
Hello ladies!! For those looking for shapewear and undies to wear under your prep robe, gown, or for boudoir shoot... Rustans has a mother's day sale till Sunday :) All items 20% off. Not sure about Natori though. But their intimate apparel is on sale including Spanx.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2016, 06:20:56 am »
@lyrhs - it doesn't have to be a robe. Just as long as you can easily remove it. Preferred ang robe kasi madalu syang usuot and tanggalin but anythibg that can be donned easily with a tie wrap or a back zipper or buttondown will do. I am wearing 2 bridal prep attire. One is a playsuit, another is a robelike wrap maxi. The playsuit I bought is white from Forever21. The maxi wrap is champagne gold (since my motiff colours are shades of green and gold), this I bought online.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2016, 01:16:22 pm »
Hindi ko mahanap yung gusto ko. :(

Gusto ko yung Olivia sa La Tercera, gusto ko kasi yung lace na long sleeve. Pero gusto ko sana mahaba sya katulad ng Heart. Ayoko yung braso ng Heart eh, maluwag, gusto ko kapit sya katulad ng Olivia.

Trying to search here sa dubai wala talaga. Natatakot naman ako mag risk na sa pinas nalang maghanap paguwi, kasi pag wala ako nahanap, no time na to order sa La Tercera.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2016, 02:50:02 pm »
^ If you're still a bit hesitant in ordering sa La Tercera, you can try searching on the web. I bought my preps robe online and when I got here sa Manila, I bought some lace sa Divi and asked Kimi Go (the one who made our entourage gowns) to attach it para magkaron ng collar. Well it's not exactly a robe but more of a long sleeved maxi dress. It's really long and medyo mababa yung neckline nya. Kaya I decided to buy some lace to attach sa neckline. All in all, I believe parang 2K lang ang nagastos ko (kasama na yung alteration).

Or you can also check out LT's Carmen robe. It's quite regal though, long train with nice sleeves. I just couldn't see myself splurging kasi on a robe (8.5K).  Lalo na, I will also be wearing another prep attire which is a white playsuit. Kaya I decided not to get LT. I also checked Amelia in Lace, Surco, and silk something. Amelia in Lace, wala pa silang long prep robes. But they did inform me na magkakaron na sila hopefully mid of this year. It might be a bit more expensive than LT though, kasi when I checked their knee length lace gowns already cost 3K and up while the Patty and Talia robes of LT are like 2.5 K- 3 K and up, depending on the lace used.

You can also try checking your local department stores. I saw some pretty ones in Nordstroms Rack (like an outlet store of Nordstroms), they sell some satin and lace bridal robes for about $40- $60. Kaya baka meron din sa local area nyo.  Good luck sis. At least you still have some time to look and prepare :)

By the way, when I inquired at Amelia in Lace they also now sell some nice cheeseboards and cheese plating sets comeplete with cheese knife set. If you still do not have PS gifts it might be worth it to give them a try. I just messaged them via FB.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2016, 02:50:08 pm »
kaya nga super mahal na ng Carmen. Ok na ako sa Olivia. Possible kaya mag customize si La Tercera? Di naman customize, yung hahabaan lang sana hehe. May nakita ako actually sa IG nila olivia yung suo nung girl, super haba sakanya. Baka pwede naman pahabaan nalang?

May iba pa pong mga online seller? share naman po. :)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2016, 03:27:10 pm »
^ You can try asking sis. But of course it would probably come with an increase in price.  Ano ba yung height mo sis? Most probably kasi, baka kaya mahaba yung Olivia dun sa nakita mo, baka maliit sya. That is also one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to avail of the Heart robe, despite the fact na gusto ko sya talaga. I'm quite small in height kasi. I feel as if it would drown me.

I bought mine sa Nasty Gal online. The maxi dress I bought was on sale that time kaya naswertehan ko. More than half the price. Other online shops I looked into are and SheIn, asos.com, and choies, etsy and ebay.  I bought my  entourage prep robes sa ebay.  It was a gamble but I chose the one with 100%  client feedback and it paid off. Maganda din yung mga prep robes ng entourage. Good luck sis.

nikkipedia

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2016, 10:32:07 pm »
^Hi sis hermione28, have you had a look in Nayomi? May long robes din sila with laces :)
Meron din silang set yung may slippers,etc.

La senza and La Vien rose have naman the normal silky robes with Bride at the back.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2016, 12:12:16 pm »
I'm also somewhat reluctant to get a LT robe kasi medyo namamahalan ako sa 4k especially ang dami kong nakita sa Zara and H&M na cute white dresses and maxis na my buttons and zippers and are less than 4k. You can check them out sissies baka may magustuhan kayo at yun  atleast ay masusuot niyo after ng wedding. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close