Author Topic: Wedding Prep Dress  (Read 17676 times)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 01:44:08 pm »
^Uy ako din, I want the melissa robe! Either that or the marian robe pero yun din naiisip ko won't it be too long 5'2" lang kasi ako and since its long nga baka di ko na magamit sa sunod.. tapos kasi I bought Natori Robe(think robes and nighties sa gossip girl) din kasi na full length na so I'm thinking mas ok kung shorter nalang yung bilihin ko for prep :)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 02:18:51 pm »
Thanks sis!! Btw I think Nikki and Heart robe are both silk chiffon. :) It's very delicate and flowy. OK ka rin with Heart robe because you can wear it again and again. Mahirap kasi Nikki robe, the pearl appliques are heavy so feeling ko mabubutas yung chiffon  if you use it many times hehe. Plus dry clean only because of the pearls.


Yes sis yun din naisip ko na pwede ko magamit yung Heart robe after. Pwede siya pangouter wear ng mga nighties kaya at least hindi masasayang yung money. Okay ba yung length ng Nikki sis? Mukha siyang mahaba sa pic eh.  :)

And thank you sa idea ng online bridal registry.I will try nga din, favorable for out-of-town brides! ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:21:19 pm by MS_JanDel »

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 02:23:37 pm »
@meixin: nice! Why don't you use the natori robe for your preps?

I'm actually more worried that the shoulders and billowy sleeves of the Heart robe will be too big on me since i have a petite frame (rather than it just being too long). Plus, I doubt I'll be able to use it after the wedding. It's a little much for lounging around the house, haha! It's so pretty in photos though!

The melissa robe is very pretty! And since it's short, we could totally use it again :) Leaning towards that since it's more practical.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 02:34:59 pm »
@stella021817 bright pink kasi yung Natori robe ko e haha baka maupstage sa pics yung wedding gown :P

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 02:47:21 pm »
^hahaha! If only they had somewhere we could try on the robes! it would be so helpful...

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 03:25:32 pm »
oo nga e.. I asked them before pero wala daw e. Sayang parang they joined a fair last year, kung napuntahan ko lang yun sana.. :p

Question pala regarding yung mga prep robes, do we need to buy pa something to wear underneath? I noticed kasi sa heart medyo see-through siya so provided din ba yung parang dress underneath?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:27:44 pm by meixin »

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 03:30:38 pm »
sis stella021817 meron naman sila measurements pero ang hirap pa din iestimate. ako naman sis nagwoworry baka sikip..hahahaha

sis meixin mainipis nga ata siya. balak ko suotin yung parang body shaper ko underneath nung robe since ang paghubad naman nun pababa so hindi masisira make up. Baka pwede yung parang nightie sa hehe

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »
^haha! i think you shouldn't have a problem with it being tight since it wraps around. Just buy one of the looser sleeved ones, like the Heart :)

@meixin: They sell a silk chemise for the heart robe for an additional P500. They told me that some former brides "ruined" the look by wearing shorts underneath, so now they sell a matching silk chemise for it :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2016, 03:51:00 pm »
Question pala regarding yung mga prep robes, do we need to buy pa something to wear underneath? I noticed kasi sa heart medyo see-through siya so provided din ba yung parang dress underneath?

For the sheer/see through ones, you can wear a nice nightie underneath. Try it on before wedding day ha. I made the mistake of not trying my newly bought nightie so I had to adjust it a few times during pictorials. Hehe

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2016, 04:35:21 pm »
Could you explain further? I mean shempre iffit naman natin yung nightie kasi before buying, so are you saying to try it with the robe, baka kasi kita? or is it baka low cut kasi kaya kelangan iangat angat during the pictorial? hehe  ;D

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »
sis stella021817 yep yung heart bibilhin ko kasi yung armhole. Sana lang pala maganda yung length sa arms, sana hindi bitin. eto yung usual problem ko sa long sleeves.

sis meixin try mo lang siguro sis kung bumabagay ba siya sa robe?or okay ba sayo yung magiging look niya sa photos.. pero i think kung skin-toned naman yung nightie okay nman na sguro yun..Mine kasi is skin toned at hapit siya sakin so okay na ako dun.  :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2016, 05:10:55 pm »
Yes, sis. Try the nightie with the robe. If bagay and if fit/style is okay with you. My family is slightly conservative so I was a bit shy and apprehensive to pose because I felt that my nightie was a bit too sexy (kahit may robe naman haha). So I had to keep adjusting it, pulling it up during prep shoot. Before my dad went to check on our relatives, he was watching the shoot kasi. Dyahe! Hahaha

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 05:15:40 pm »
@MS_JanDel: haha I'm worried that the sleeves will be too long! lol.  It actually looks quite long in the photos. So I think you'll be fine. If it is bitin though, baka you can just pull the sleeve up a bit so it becomes 3/4 sleeve. That might look nice also :)

What do people were under robes that aren't sheer? Do you still wear a nightie even if you're planning to keep your robe "tied" and not open?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:18:21 pm by stella021817 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 05:52:24 pm »
@stella - with the Heart and Nikki robe, one does need to wear something underneath, as its chiffon silk. Super sheer :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »
MS_JanDel: Sis, Yung Nikki robe medyo shorter in front then it has a mini train. But on me, hindi masyado halata yung train because I am on the tall side. I was worried also about the fitted sleeves because my arms are a bit big. But it fit OK! =) The sleeve length is perfect for me. I would say the robes of La Tercera fit a medium size perfectly... then a bit more loose and flowy on a size S figure, and a bit more figure hugging on a size L figure.

If you arent't sure about the length of the sleeves, get one that's just 3/4 sleeves, or kahit fitted sleeves basta no buttons near the wrist. It's easy to have it altered naman. If you want to wear a long robe for prep, you can also have it cut short later on to use around the house. Mahirap kasi gamitin at home when your robe has a mini-train dragging on the floor.

I saw some pics of a maternity shoot, where the mom used a la tercera robe =) Nice din! So that is another use na pwede for the robe if ever para masulit.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2016, 10:19:27 am »
Hi @Missus O: haha yes, if ever I buy the Heart, i'll buy the matching chemise.  But do people still wear a nightie/chemise under robes that are not sheer (like the melissa)?

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:04 am »
I plan to :) I'm just a little scared kasi na baka makitaan, male kasi photographer and videographer ko e. and medyo di ako sanay sa plunging/revealing clothes :D

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2016, 12:00:06 pm »
Sis stella021817 oo nga sis, kunwari 3/4 nalang siya. Ang hirap pag on the big and tall side ka, laging kabado sa mga ganito na hindi nasusukat before hand. I think ladies still wear under something under the robe kahit hindi sheer just for comfort lang siguro. kasi syempre magalaw ka nun for the photoshoot. To be safe lang. hehe

Sis Chili1113 ooh! I'm on the large size. So dapat siguro mas maganda yung suot ko under kasi mas obvious sakin cause its figure-hugging.Tama ka sis, babawasan mo nga yung length kasi magiging mop ng floor yung train kung gagamitin sa house.  Nakita ko din yun sis na ginamit for maternity shoot, gusto ko din gamitin yung bibilhin kong robe for that, kaya puputulin ko yung train after na ng maternity shoot. hahahah.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2016, 12:52:58 pm »
@meixin: haha, my photographer and videographer are guys also. Was thinking it might look nicer without anything under the robe (no weird lines), but I'm worried I won't be able to move around! Will try to look for a nice slip to wear under. Or maybe cycling shorts, since it won't be seen anyway, haha! Para I won't have to worry at all :p

@MS_JanDel: i think your body shaper should work since it's fitted. Though since the Heart is sheer, you'll probably need to fit it with the robe to be sure they look good together.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Prep Dress
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2016, 01:40:36 pm »
stella: if you get the heart robe, the chemise that La Tercera has for addtional P500 is actually nice! =) It is like a plain short spaghetti strap nightie.

I have a question: I went through my negligee stash and found one that matches the Nikki robe. I like that it has lace trim and is v-neck. My problem is it is a bit too sexy and low around the bust area. And Since the nikki robe has a very low V front, I am worried it might be too low and it might move around during pictorials?

Any thoughts on this? I am worried that I might have to keep adjusting the nightie and pulling it up like Caleeice on her wedding day. But it does look sexier and more luxe since the lace trimming on the hem is seen through the robe.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:33:12 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close