watch now

Author Topic: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"  (Read 6477 times)

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
"Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:43:16 pm »
Hi mga sis!

I sometimes get the expression "manganganay ka ulit" whenever someone asks me when will we have our next baby. Our daughter is going 4 next summer, so I get unsolicited advice na it's about time na sundan.

I'm wondering how many years (at least) would be the gap between two kids before one could truly feel na nangangay ulit sya?

For others na more than 5 years ang gap ng first at second child, mahirap ba?

daisy_duck

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 09:12:51 am »
In our case sis, our son will turn 5 this Jan and Im due to give birth also this Jan. Feeling ko first time mom ulet ako, parang nakalimutan ko nang mag-alaga nang baby. Ive been reading a lot though to refresh my memory on handling the baby but I believe in mother's instincts. hehe

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:13:08 pm »
What's nganay?

Totoo yung start from scratch pag malayo yung age gap. My mom planned us just a year apart para daw one time big time rearing.

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:52:14 pm »
panganay sis, pag may gap na malaki parang feeling daw ng iba panganay ulit un ipapanganak nila, parang first time kumbaga......


kiz_me1109

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:01:31 am »
My son is already 5 years old and my husband and I are planning na sundan na siya this 2015. Im am emotionally and physically ready naman although we have plans pa sana next year. Like getting a new house and a new car. Im not sure if its the right time to have a baby again. Im more worried na baka magselos lang yung panganay ko.

sachism

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 03:54:30 pm »
Our daughter will turn 5 this yr and we are also expecting a baby boy this year. Feeling ko first time ulit magbuntis. Medyo nakalimutan ko na yung iba nung first pregnancy ko. As for my daughter, she's been asking for a little sister/brother (more on sister) for years kasi nakikita sa school and sa movies siguro.

^Just prepare him emotionally as well. Make him feel secure. Time comes na ready na sila to be big bro and big sis.

Kanya kanya naman tayo ng preference, tayo makakapagsabi kung kelan tayo ready. Personally ok na sakin ang gap na 4 yrs kasi mas independent na ang nasundan to do things on their own.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 09:31:45 pm »
Hi moms, thanks for your time to reply and share.

What made me post this thread was that I was torn between finishing my masters first or second baby na muna... and was waiting for parenting experiences in rearing kids with more than 5 years age gap.

But I decided to finish the coursework first and try to get pregnant during thesis. So I guess I just made  a compromise between the two, assuming that I will indeed get pregnant as planned. And that would make my little girl 6 y/o which looks like mangangay ulit ako...

Though as per my child psychologist groupmate, mukhang mas maganda ang magkalapit ang age gap. Oh well, ganun talaga...

Thanks again!

AlphaFemale

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 02:33:31 pm »
Hi sisters! I am 28, mom of a 12-year old child. Yes, I was that young when I gave birth to my son ;). Now, my H2B and I want to have a baby together and another one maybe 2 years after that. We are not yet married (engaged) and are not financially ready for a baby but we want to have more children while we are young. H2B fears that he would be too "old" to play with our children if we will wait for financial readiness.

 I love babies but I am scared of giving birth again and going through all the not-so-happy things that I had gone through in raising my son. Alam niyo yun the whole 12 years part 2, reloaded, version 2.0! Ang layo na ng gap nila. May takot na kasi I gave birth 12 years ago pa. I know it would be different this time around though because I have a loving and supportive H2B.

For sure manganganay ulit, Basta parang gusto ko na ayaw ko na kelangan na. Ewan!

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 04:01:46 am »
Hmm not financially ready but you want to have a baby and another after a few years? Kung sa tingin niyo may steady stream of income by the time mag baby na, it would be great. Otherwise, more than panganganay ang worries niyo in the future..

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 05:22:25 am »
I have a four year old son which will turn 5 this December and I don't have any plans na magbuntis pa ulit. Although my mom has been telling me na mahirap daw pag isa lang ang anak. Even my aunts, ganun din sinasabi- na sundan ko na raw.

We are somehow financially ready pero ewan ko ba, I don't see myself having another child. Gusto ko ng baby pero ang gusto is yung time lang na baby pa yun son ko. Tsaka ayoko na pagdaanan yung pain ng pagle-labor. Hubby is fine with that naman. Mas gusto rin naman mag-ipon pa, mag-business and travel.

Ako lang ba ang ganto? Na ayaw nang ibang baby (bukod dun sa unang niluwal na)?  :-\

harley18

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 09:09:31 am »
Para sakin mas ok yun malaking age gap para mas matutukan yun baby-toddler years ng mga bata. Mas maeenjoy yun pagka-baby ng bawat isa lalo na yun mga milestones nila. For example: first time to walk ni baby. Sa panganay kasi sobrang big deal to e. Sa 2nd child, big deal din, but not as much, kasi naranasan mo na sa una, lalo na kung sobrang liit ng gap nila.

So kung malaki yun age gap, manganganay ulit. Mas mafi-feel na the new baby is a whole new experience kasi halos wala ng comparison sa una dahil nakalimutan na.

Saka mas madaling magalaga kung yun ibang anak e mejo marunong na mag-asikaso ng sarili nila, atleast marunong na kumain magisa or maghugas ng sarili after toilet time.

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 09:34:03 am »
our daughter is 2 years old and we have plans na sundan na sya soonish... I don't want a big age gap kasi I don't want them to have a generation gap rin while growing up... like, yung isa may teenage angst, tapos yung isa kukulit kulit na primary school student. Ayoko magkabwisetan sila all the time. I want them to be able to understand each other kahit papaano. I speak from experience kasi my brother is 7 yrs older than me, I'm bunso and naku naman away talaga kami ng away hanggang college na ako and nagwowork na sya ;D ayoko nung ganun.

Ideally, dapat pregnant na ako ulit ngayon but we're delaying muna until siguro early next year... I'm eyeing kasi a senior position sa work so tingnan muna if I'll apply talaga or baby na unahin namin.

Our daughter will be 2.5 yrs old by then (when we start trying) and she'll be more than 3 yrs old when I give birth. Ayoko ns mas malaki ang gap.

AlphaFemale

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 10:01:32 am »
Harley18 thanks for your post.

"Mas mafi-feel na the new baby is a whole new experience kasi halos wala ng comparison sa una dahil nakalimutan na."

I quoted this part of your post because while this is really what manganganay ulit means. I had never looked at it as a positive thing. I am always looking for reasons not to have a baby. As for the financial issue, gusto ko sana kasi maraming surplus, as in naipon ko na funds niya hanggang mag tapos ng gradeschool ba. Safe na safe. Ganyan. Hehe. Sa panganay ko kasi ginto na tuition kaya yun may takot.

Kayo ba sisters how will you prepare financially for a new baby? I got knocked up when I was 16 eh kaya talagang no planning yun. LOL
 
Thanks!

thea_girl

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 01:05:43 pm »
I'm 33 weeks pregnant and my first child is 7 y.o na.. ang layo ng age gap but still very thankful because hirap ako magbuntis. Yes, start na naman ako but still super excited. ;) :)

AlphaFemale

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 09:27:26 pm »
Congratulations Thea_girl! My H2B and I have decided that for the next 3 months we will prepare our bodies for my future pregnancy. Quit na muna ang bad habits and we will both try to get fit. I see babies everywhere! Even in my sleep!

Sana lang talaga mawala na din yung fear ko ng labor!!! Katakot and sobrang sakit eh.

thea_girl

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 12:12:21 pm »
Congratulations Thea_girl! My H2B and I have decided that for the next 3 months we will prepare our bodies for my future pregnancy. Quit na muna ang bad habits and we will both try to get fit. I see babies everywhere! Even in my sleep!

Sana lang talaga mawala na din yung fear ko ng labor!!! Katakot and sobrang sakit eh.

Thank you AlphaFemale! Goodluck on baby bump planning  :D

bluish_mommy

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 02:59:26 pm »
gusto ko na maramdaman ito!! hehe... my only child is almost 7yrs old, and trying na rin kami ni husband ulit for the 2nd child.. ngayon palang nanganganay na ako haha... babydust to me!

AlphaFemale

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 06:14:46 am »
God bless you and your plans bluish baby! Update mo kami! :) Nakaka excite na nakakatakot. Hehe

izabelle

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 11:31:05 pm »
6 years ang age gap namin ng sister ko pero wala akong matandaan na issues namin kahit malaki age gap namin. In fact, we are like best of friends. Maybe kasi, parehas girl? parehas kami ng mga gusto. We really love to spend time together.

For me, yung ideal time para sundan ang 1st baby really depends on the couple. What are your plans? are you ready not only in terms of money pero sa lahat ng aspeto? sino mag aalaga? sino mag iintindi sa bata? sa bagong baby? stuff like that.

Kami kasi ng husband ko, yan ang number 1 issue, walang mag aalaga. Wala kaming aasahan na in laws or parents na pwede pag iwanan, and Big NO na iwan lang sa yaya. So talaga it is a matter of planning for us.

Iba iba ng situation, standards and priority.

My daughter is turning 4yrs old this January but to be honest, i don't see na susundan namin sya in the next 3 to 4 yrs.

TysLolakins

  • Guest
Re: "Manganganay Ka Ulit"
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 01:18:41 am »
my kids are 5 years apart, just didn't get pregnant naturally in between.  i've always dreamt of having 4 to 6 kids born one after another but it didn't happen that way.
and it paid off that there are some years apart when they were older.  it's not cheap sending kids to college here so it worked out that one graduated before the other one started.  whew!
even with the age gap and being of opposite sex,  daughter and son are very close to each other, daughter is the 'ate' in the truest sense of the word ('dominante na maliit na nanay')and son is the 'mabait at masunurin' na bunso.
I don't remember feeling that 'nanganganay' while pregnant with the second one.  Actually, it was an easier pregnancy overall good experience in everything  than the first.  :D [size=78%] [/size]


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close