Author Topic: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang  (Read 12359 times)

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« on: December 03, 2014, 01:07:36 am »
Hi girls. We are planning to get married Dec2016 (I know it's too early and I'm too excited haha) but I am based here in the States and I wanna atleast try to decide about reception venue and church as early as now. And I am torn between Makati Shang and Manila Pen (my parents want in Makati area).  I, honestly, have not been on either hotel and I don't have time to visit the hotels soon so I hope you can help me and share your opinions. Pleeeease!! Thank you!!! xoxo

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:09:42 am »
I like the vibe of Shangri-La better. But decide soon- I wouldn't be surprised if both hotels are *already* booked for December 2016 affairs.

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:27:06 am »
Shang won't book me until Sept 2015. And Manila Pen until Oct 2015. But I have them put me on waiting list na to be sure I have the date. Some say Manila Pen has better interiors than Shang. Some say naman food is better sa Shang. Nakakalito! Haha.

lvjincheng01

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 11:04:04 am »
Look for one now, it's hard to find believe me! i suggest SHANG foods are great, interior above good. but if you want to have a great interior rather than food then choose PEN.. share with us your decision!

patriciasy595

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 11:51:19 am »
Hi sis! In terms of the look of the hotel, for me Manila Pen wins. It's a lot better and there are lots of nice places to have your pictorial (unless you really want the traditional shot on the stairs of makati shang). In terms of service, almost same lang both hotels though medyo mas mabait kausap ang manila pen. Food, no contest, makati shang wins :)

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:55:59 am »
OMG. So true nga that Makati Shang has better food. This is really getting difficult to decide hahaha! I called them na. Sabi nila they have the date under my name na. Though I have to wait pa Sept-Oct 2015 to finally settle the down payment. Pero I got the first bid for the date. I told them I cannot lose the date because it's before my bday! :)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 08:09:42 am »
I would go for the one with better food. You can do many things to make a venue more beautiful (get a stylist, have beautiful flowers, daanin sa magandang lighting, etc) but you can't do much with so-so food.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »
A friend narrowed it down to these two and chose Manila Pen.

insanelypurpleprincess

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 09:39:36 pm »
Recently attended a debut party at the Manila Pen and it was lovely. Food wasn't bad naman... it was yummy. So, mas yummy lang talaga in Makati Shang, but Manila Pen food is not bad at all.

LGV

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 11:08:13 pm »
I got married last Dec 2013 and Makati Shang was our venue, yes its true food is superb, all of the guest raved about the food at super dame nakapaguwi pa karamihan. (Though hindi ako nakakain nung wedding pero medjo madalas kame magCircles ng husband ko.) With the interiors it was not bad naman, Shangrila is Shangrila parin eh kahit hindi na sya masyadong modern. I got an event stylist pero simple/elegant vibe lang naman pinagawa ko not so grand pero super okay naman. I got the Manila A and B ballroom and the Patio for our cocktails back to back kasi ang event pag Dec so while preparing sa function room nasa Patio ang visitors having ther chitchats.

More than a year prior to our wedding my husband proposed naman in Manila Pen, yes the place was so romantic I mean as a whole ha, hindi ko maalala ang lasa ng food kasi hindi ako nakakain. I think both hotels are promising naman pero since I had mine in Shang, I prefer Shang. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:11:57 pm by LGV »

pilates

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 11:20:40 pm »
^sis would you mind sharing what was the menu you chose? Was it a sit down menu? Thanks!

LGV

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 01:22:28 am »
Sis will try to retrieve my files ha or atleast mga pictures hindi ko kasi memorize basta ang natatandaan ko was kasama ang japanese food like sushi and sashimi since fave namin and syempre yung carving station which was ribeye tapos the usual pork, beef and chicken and soup chaka lotsa desserts and meron din seafood. Cold cuts, pasta and salad station.

Sit down sa VIP (both families and sponsors) then the rest buffet including suppliers though hindi sila kasama sa bilang ng tables and chairs kasi kulang na sa space so may sarili silang spot para kumain but the food came from the buffet table.

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 01:44:41 am »
Thank you girls for sharing. Grabe ang hirap talaga mamili. Ang true na pinaka importante talaga is yung food. So far talked with Manila Pen na. They offered to call me kahit nasa States ako. I am eyeing for the Conservatory sa Manila Pen. Sa Shang naman I want to rent part of the ballroom since 120-150 lang kame. Still deciding...

Miss LGV : Did you choose a different Sit Down menu for the VIPs. Or same buffet food pero nakaplate lang?

LGV

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »
Yung japanese food and steak from the buffet din sya the rest iba na pati yung dessert they have their own mas konti compared sa nasa buffet pero allowed parin sila kumuha sa buffet since usually sinosobrahan naman ang serving.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 03:19:13 pm »
We have had repeat family events in both venues.

The Pen food is superior in taste.  But will the difference matter?
BUT the interiors are darker.  The ballroom's  narrow entry is another consideration. 
We spend more for the flowers & decor when we hold events at The Pen. 
Plus, the Shang is more accommodating in providing a function room (bigger) to serve as your florist's set up area,  dining area for the stylist's personnel & coordinators, &  for the photographer's set for the family photos. 

When they put you on the wait list - ask what your number is. Kung hindi ka ang #2 - Eh, maghanap ka na ng ibang  venue. December, not June, in the Phils is the "marrying-est" month. 



andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 05:10:54 pm »
Hi Sis Aquacharly. Thanks for sharing. Actually I am #1 sa waitlist ng Shang. I am having a hard time arranging my waitlist stat with Pen naman. It wasn't clear if they can actually waitlist or not. Pero I emailed them telling them na Shang have put me on priority sa waitlist. If they cannot guarantee me na ako ang priority sa date na yun, I'll go with Shang. Told them my date is a do-or-die date. I hope I'll get a positive reply.

trissy0906

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 05:34:57 pm »
^^ Andeegirlxoxo, if I'm not mistaken, 14 months before the event lang din ang pencil-book ng pen.. mukhang wall silang waitlist so you just have to get in touch with an event coordinator maybe 15 months in advance then she will pencil-book you na pay nag sakto na 14 months :)

and re: your other post, may maganda interiors ng conservatory.. madrama siya kasi floor-to-ceiling glass windows ganda ng effect if may curtains na naka-tie and drapings pa
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:39:47 pm by trissy0906 »

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 08:45:31 am »
^ Hi Sis Trissy! True. Sobrang pinilit ko yung event coord na i pencil book ako. Sabi ko I cannot lose the date talaga. Panu if may mag book na 800guests, baka dedmahin nila ang 120guests ko diba. Haha. Sabi niya "I will try my best Mam". Malabo pa rin diba. Oh well, told them priority ako sa Shang, but if they will put me priority rin I will choose them (Pen). Hahaha sana it will work. :)

aneille

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »
This is just a thought. One of the wedding preparations I've attended though was in EDSA Shang. The room's interior looks luxurious, and there's ample lighting from the large windows which will make your photographers happy.  :)

trissy0906

  • Guest
Re: Manila Pen vs Makati Shang
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 06:06:14 pm »
^^ Sis Andeegirlxoxo, Di nila dedeadmahin yun! :) Kasi yung conservatory naman max 180 guests so most likely sayo na yun :) mas okay if conservatory ka kasi if dun sa balagtas balmori thing maririnig mo minsan yung ingay ng kabilang ballroom lalo na if malakas sounds nila and open yun doors! eh sa conservatory wala ka katabi so quiet lang talaga :)  if december 2016 ka mga september 2015 start ka na mag email email sa events coord nila :) inquire inquire ka ulit since june 2015 may price increase sila :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close