Author Topic: Yoga Thread 3  (Read 26634 times)

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Yoga Thread 3
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 11:42:49 pm »

anyways, mababait sila sa mga beginners. lagi mo lang susundan yung mga nasa paligid mo tsaka pakikinggan yung instructor. ang goal lang on your first vist is to remain inside the room. nung 1st time ko kasi parang nahihilo ako tsaka masakit sa ulo pero sabi nila normal lang daw since yung oxygen umaabot na sa brains natin kaya nagaadjust pa.

Yup remain inside the room for 90minutes. Mahirap sa start, but if you hydrate well, take in water kahit 1-2 hours before 500ml to 1L would be good. Then during the session, may dala akong water ulit 1L to 1.5L. Then after, I take my coconut juice.

Refreshing.

Ang alam ko masakit sa ulo at times if you're not hydrate well, ibig sabihin kulang  water intake.

I've been doing Bikram Yoga for 4 sessions, 1 per week. It was introduced to me by my friend. The location of the Yoga place that I go is at Tomas Morato, Quezon City. Bikram Yoga at that branch are very friendly and also their staff. They are very accommodating and welcoming with beginners. P650 per session. I just recently enrolled 5 sessions for 1 month for P3000. I'm hoping to make it a regular routine for me to do yoga once a week, hopefully other people would also be interested in Bikram Yoga.  ;)

How is it so far sis? My BF just surprised me with a 50 session Bikram. Alam nya kasi I like it but I just can't find a good time to enroll, lagi ako may reason - like work, studies, etc. Sabi nya if niregaluhan nyako, wala akong choice, mapilitan ako umattend.

True enough, I'm back! I must say, sobrang himbing ng tulog ko. My skin is detoxified din, glowy. Yung pain before sa right hip ko nawala from doing yoga.

Best thing? Bikram burns 600-1000 calories per session. Tingin ko max ko in my gym class is just around 300 calories per session.

I'm still struggling with the triangle pose, hopefully in time, will get it right. 😉
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:54:49 pm by Girltalker2 »

CHApter46

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »
Mga sis, do you know of a good yoga place/class in Las Pinas? Near Philam/BF Resort sana.. :)

roxyhart

• Junior GirlTalker
    • theroxychronicles
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »
I sort of practiced yoga (along with pilates, but more of pilates) for a little while almost three years ago. Loved pilates. As for yoga, I didn't find myself so in sync with it. I don't know, parang -- nababagalan ako? LOL. Or maybe I just did not like the ways of the instructor. I was into endurance sports din kasi that time (still am). Of course, it complements endurance sports like running. Hindi ko lang siya masyadong bet that time. But now I'm giving it another chance, and I mean to take it more seriously this time. :)
Live happy! :)
http://happymomster.com/

My ever-after joy :D
SDE - http://vimeo.com/55948641/ Onsite photo AVP - http://vimeo.com/55916710

chelsea1212

• GirlTalker
  • If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All the Fun
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 06:34:49 pm »
Weird question.. sorry.. is it true that yoga has chanting? I mean of course aside from the "Om" thing.

May konting chant sa Kundalini ang Yin Yoga, not sure sa iba ;)

rasee16

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »
Any yoga buddy in Makati area? I attended 4 sessions of hatha/vinyasa lang. it was an outdoor yoga kasi one of my yoga-mates asked the instructor to hold the class in the pool area of her condo. Ok naman sana, it was very peaceful and windy. 3 lang kaming students so super natututukan kami ng instructor. Kaso pag may hindi pwede sa aming tatlo, cancelled na ang class. So ngayon, 3 weeks na walang class. Huhu. I need new yoga buddies!!

gypsiechick

• With God all things are possible. ;)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • ♥ God's best. Love ♥ Happ day!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 12:20:35 pm »
@rasee16 Hi Im looking for a yoga class in Makati near Ayala lang.. Usually what time classes nyo? 😊 btw beginner ako..
With God all things are possible.
Matthew 6:33

Instagram: lovejoyfaithonlinestore

cornflower

• Probationary
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 03:18:03 pm »
Hi Yogis!

I have residence in Ortigas but right now I'm a humanitarian in Roxas City, Western Visayas doing Typhoon Yolanda response.
One session costs Php 200 and taught by a German expat.
I might make a move soon in MNL and I think this price per session is not possible in Manila?
Could anyone please suggest budget-friendly yoga studios, if there are?

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 02:10:58 am »
since malapit na ang apartment ko sa office and sa kabihasnan, i think i'd have more time to do yoga kahit 2-3 times a week. i am looking for yoga studio na ok for beginners. and i actually dont know which yoga i should do, if yung hot yoga or other yoga na meron since i am not really familiar with the terminologies.

i am looking for yoga buddy din para may kasabay ako. i am from QC :)
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 10:01:08 am »
There are various forms of yoga, you can try Hatha Yoga, which is just the basics of yoga.  You go at your own pace.  Power yoga and Bikram Yoga are both practiced in heated rooms, Bikram in 40 degrees Celsius, you have to perform all 26 poses in the one hour and a half.  Power yoga is also practiced in a heated room but the temperature is slightly lower than 40 degrees celsius and you either follow Hatha, Vinyasa or Ashtanga.  Personally, I prefer Power yoga because I like the variety.  In Bikram you follow a certain sequence that was taught by the yoga guru Bikram. 

When I started yoga, I just followed you tube videos.  Then I enrolled in a Bikram yoga studio, but because the studio was not really that near to go to, so I just wasted the fee, as I only went there twice.  But there was a power yoga that was about 30 minutes from our place so I bought a groupon voucher, and that was when I got addicted to Power Yoga.  I went there for 2 - 3 x a week for 2 months.  When I moved places, now I just practice at home.  I follow Kinoyoga, and beachyogagirl in youtube and IG.  I mix it with Emily Skye's Fitness videos from her FB page.  :D 

What I've noticed is that if I do yoga, my back pains decrease.  Kaya I practice it regularly.  :D
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

rarity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 09:47:53 pm »
^ Hi sis me too! I love yoga and started at home. I fell in love with yoga with Adrienne in You tube  it really incorporates overall wellness - mind, body and spirit. Pati diet ko minsan I find  myself saying no to meat and sticking to veggies or fish parang di na siya hinahanap ng katawan ko.

Anyways I want to try Yoga at the studio kita ko may unlimited deal sa metrodeal for around 600. I was wondering if anyone has tried yoga there or Bikram. Is it too intense ( 40 degrees omg!!) pero I admit ang sarap pagpawisan whilst doing yoga.

luna laxa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 02:10:08 pm »
^^^sis honeybunny. I too am looking for a QC yoga buddy. May ka-joiners ka na? There's a bikram promo via metrodeal, should be a good way to get into it. I only do it at home but I feel I need to do it in a studio to make sure I'm getting the poses right.

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 01:26:25 am »
^wala pa sis. where exactly in QC ka? anong studio yung may bikram promo sis?
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

luna laxa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 12:41:03 pm »
Bikram yoga- they have one in timog. I'm from Mindanao ave ; a bit far but it should be worth the commute. The voucher will be until the 15th Lang. Planning to start with it next week. San ka sa qc sis?

To update:
Purchased already sis. Planning to start on Sunday or maybe Monday. One week unli is just p499. :) pm me sis ( or if anybody else is interested) so I can send you my #. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:15:06 pm by luna laxa »

karenvillaflor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 06:00:20 pm »
parang nakita ko na yan sa QC. how much yung promo nila?
We we're born to be real not to be perfect.

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 07:16:41 pm »
hi girls, im in desperate need for a studio that offers hot yoga in libis/cainta/taytay/antipolo area. Ive been practicing bikram eastwood for years and now it seems that they are slowly easing it out in favor of other yogas like ashtanga and vinyasa. They have already changed their name so I dont think they plan on keeping bikram in the long term. Im not sure lang ah, the people there dont really say much about their plans. Right now Im starting to practice ashtanga for toning but I want it to be in combo with bikram or hot yoga(any yoga done in a hot room) as it keeps my weight off. May alam ba kayo na studio in those areas? thanks in advance :)

luna laxa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 01:48:29 am »
^^ sis karen, P499 yata if Im not mistaken, for a week.  Promo is still up if you wish to avail :)

mimai1122

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 12:22:26 am »
I started yoga upon the recommendation of your family doctor. At that time, I had pectoral tendonitis. I was also working in front of the computer (seated) for practically 8 hours. My back hurt a lot. The very first yoga I did was courtesy of my Yoga Zone videos. I then shifted to P90X Yoga, which is a little bit hardcore. Two years ago, I found out I had slight scoliosis, which explained the pain in my back. My yoga practice at that time was on and off. After the doctor told me about my scoliosis, I went back to daily yoga and it worked wonders for me!

I do variations of yoga so my practice won't be boring. My favorite is Ashtanga, but I also like some Hatha Flow from time-to-time. I practice at home, but I make sure to go to yoga classes at least two times a week. Practicing with a licensed yoga instructor is good because you'll get some guidance, and you'll be more energized with your routine.

My most memorable yoga experience was when I joined the 108 Sun Salutations challenge sometime last year (2014). I felt incredibly wonderful after the practice!

I plan to go back to P90X Yoga, although I already do some hardcore stuff courtesy of Sadie Nardini. P90X was the one that really helped me get back on track.

Namaste, everyone! :)

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2015, 04:04:52 pm »
^namaste sis. :) I've currently stopped taking yoga classes since I need to drive around where I live right now. But at the moment I dollow beachyogagirl, kinoyoga, and yoga by candace. I also do some pilates variation on the side. I love doing poweryoga. I hate sweating, but wven if I sweat buckets doing poweryoga, the immense feeling afterwards really helps. I feel like jello after, but you can really appreciate the surge of endorphins. Namaste sisters. Let's get our ommm back 🙇🙇
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

fran

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 11:30:14 am »
I tried Yoga + Express in Manila. Weekly Unli Rate is 1000k -- P800 if you're a student. I've tried the Yin class and the Warrior.

Okay yung Yin if you are an athlete and you just need yoga to de-stress. Warrior is great if you really want a more active approach. Back pain talaga issue ko and ang sarap sa likod nung warrior-- nastretch talaga which is why I prefer this type. :)

Because look, we have an appearance. Not all of us are beautiful. But we can appear fine looking. So we should. Feeling good about an outfit is the point at which that outfit finally becomes good.
- Fran Lebowtiz
http://primpandpaper.com/

luna laxa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 11:59:26 pm »
my first time today at bikram yoga timog (and at bikram) wow so intense! Is it odd tho that i find it odd that there isn't much interaction between the students?  :o :o Im sure they are nice ppl and all, di lang nila siguro bet and small talks. sana i can get a yoga buddy (anyone?) it would be nice to have someone to talk to about the practice esp so cos im new at it. nauumay na kasi bf ko sa kwento ko e wala naman sya relate.  :D

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close