watch now

Author Topic: Hair Treatment for Preggers  (Read 21216 times)

FayeP

  • Guest
Hair Treatment for Preggers
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:45:46 am »
mga sis,

naitanong ko to sa OB ko last time and she told me na hot oil lang and un sa bahay lang dapat gagawin, never sa salon...other treatments, bawal, after giving birth na lang daw...

may mga suggestions ba kayo on kun ano pa ang pwede bukod sa hot oil??? I hate my hair huhu  ;)

zira

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:40:35 pm »
^ feeling ko kaya bawal kasi machemical yung mga treatments eh. ako din eversince nabuntis hindi na ako nagpaayos ng buhok. ginagamit ko lang once in a blue moon yung natira kong pang hair wax binili ko lang siya sa watson pero parang conditioner lang siya. yun lang tapos binababad ko sa hair ko mga 10-15 mins lang then banlaw na. pero pag naubos na yun try ko yung hair treatment ng human nature.

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:20:49 am »
mga sis, im not pregnant anymore but i still breastfeed.. i want try icure/keratin treatment but im worried baka it contains formaldehyde.. anyone who has experience on this?

foxlady

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 10:08:39 am »
Problem ko din to... before I got pregnant, regular akong nagpapa-rebond, color and hair treatment sa salon... syempre ng mabuntis, aware naman ako na bawal ang mga to because of the chemicals that are harmful for baby...

But now, I super hate my hair na.. lagpas na sya ng konti sa shoulders and super frizzy, dry and PANGET!  ;D  Buti na lang at working from home na ko so kahit hayaan ko syang nakayangyang maghapon keber lang, pero kapag lumalabas ako pag weekend I  make sure na nakatali na sya once dry na dahil nagwawala...  :'(

I think even after giving birth lalo na kapag breastfeeding hindi pa rin allowed ang mga chemical-based hair treatments.. how about kaya yung mga organic or natural ang ingredients, allowed pa rin kaya?  :-\

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:17:13 am »
when I was pregnant, I had my hair coloured (kasi I didn't want regrowth... eh before I got pregnant, I had highlights and lowlights. I needed to get rid of them). Sinabi ko sa salon na I'm pregnant and use the safest hair dye possible. So they used INOA by Loreal on me (natural and ammonia free)

anyway, why don't you try deep conditioning hair masks at home na lang? Redken (diamond oil intensive), Kerastase (nutritive masquintense) and L'oreal (mythic oil masque) are good ones. I've tried them all and they are super moisturizing!

But... like with anything... ASK YOUR OB for clearance. Dalhin nyo sa clinic and ipabasa nyo sa kanya yung ingredient list

pandoralover

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 06:05:42 pm »
Same problem! I have my hair regularly rebonded and colored, and now I can't do anything but to leave it long and uneven. :(

My relatives keep convincing me to have my hair cut kasi daw napupunta sa buhok ko yung nutrients na dapat for the baby. How true is this?

Also, is henna wax (herbal) safe to use during pregnancy?

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 04:55:15 pm »
Ob says hair treatment with chemicals can be done. Diba they heat up the scalp pa, bawal din gun as it affects the brain.

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 10:41:43 pm »
i read a column from philstar. alex carbonell colors hair sa mga preggy.. he uses organic or hair color from highly botanical sources. he also said it must not touch the scalp area..

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 10:18:11 am »
^that's where I got my hair colour done. I was about 8 weeks pregnant when we went to the Philippines. They used the INOA on me.

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 12:22:50 pm »
^ how much inabot ng treatment sis?:-)

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 01:16:01 pm »
^wasn't a lot... I just dyed my hair dark brown because I can't maintain coloured hair while pregnant and even after I give birth (because I was planning on breastfeeding)

I think it was about 1.5k to 2k pesos? I didn't add na any other treatment cuz they didn't recommend any... my hair just went past my shoulders. Bit long-ish.. not short but not long either...

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 01:17:46 pm »
forgot to mention, yes they were super careful not to touch my scalp area. I mean, they went as close as they possibly can of course!

lordknight_aiz.18

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 01:28:45 pm »
^ i see.. thanks for sharing your experience sis..

breastfeeding ako til now. my baby is turning 2 years old na. never ako nagpacolor ng hair nung pregnant ako pero nung malapit na mag 1 year old si  baby, nagpacolor na ko.. yung ordinary color lang and pati scalp ko kinulayan.. di ko pa kasi alam noon yung do's and donts..

coolhair

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 04:11:24 pm »
Same problem! I have my hair regularly rebonded and colored, and now I can't do anything but to leave it long and uneven. :(

My relatives keep convincing me to have my hair cut kasi daw napupunta sa buhok ko yung nutrients na dapat for the baby. How true is this?

Also, is henna wax (herbal) safe to use during pregnancy?

Hi sis! Henna wax, hot oil, hair spa, cellophane for me treatments lahat to para ma moisturized yung hair. Wala naman silang harmful chemical unlike sa mga iba sa amoy palang meron na. Kung uneven yung kulay ng hair mo try mo mag pacellophane yung may kulay, yung washable, na wawash off lang siya every time na nag shashampoo ka, well ask mo pa din sa ob mo para sure.  :)

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »
I cannot use anything with chemicals at this point pero I get dandruff due to stress I suppose. I find that calamansi really helps control the itch.  Try niyo siya.

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Hair Treatment for Preggers
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 05:56:18 pm »
forgot to mention, yes they were super careful not to touch my scalp area. I mean, they went as close as they possibly can of course!

How long was your hair and how much did you pay for the hair colour and treatment?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close