watch now

Author Topic: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth  (Read 4229 times)

Len0523

  • Guest
Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:28:25 am »
I am not sure what is is this pain in my wrist I a feeling right now.( Wrist tendonitis?)
It giving me a hard time to carry my baby. It is too painful and not so bearable.
Pakiramdam ko namamaga yung loob or baka ugat? Pero yun joint part lang. Ang hirap lag kase si baby
Lalong bumibigat. Di pa ako nakapagpacheck up. Naransan nyo ba to?

mjp

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:58:52 am »
I've had that before after giving birth to my eldest and experience it again when I got pregnant with my 2nd. I feel shooting pains at certain positions and it hurts to turn faucets/doorknobs. I was told it is carpal tunnel due to hormonal changes related to pregnancy and was advised to keep my wrist stabilized using a wrist brace. I wrapped my hands from below the fingers down to my wrist with a stretchy bandage.  I wore the bandage even in bed and made sure there is no pressure on it while I slept. Mas maaga mo maayos Mas mabilis gumaling. I knew what to do when it happened again kaya mabilis nawala 2nd time around. After a day I felt relief already, so sa gabi Lang ako nag bandage after. [textspeak!] mga 3 nights lang nawala na.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:05:32 am »
Could be De Quervain's syndrome, it's common among new moms. I had it when I had my daughter and several friends too. Try getting a brace to stabilize your wrist.

Len0523

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:03:07 pm »
I researched it to see how it looks like and yeah I guess its what you said sis Khriseeee. That part actually. SO I'm gonna buy wrist brace na lang almost two months na rin kase to. Thank you mjp & khriseee.

belle4beauty

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 02:46:38 pm »
Im experiencing pain in both of my wrists too. I gave birth last Sept. Mas nararamdaman ko yung pain pagkagising to the point na hindi ko makarga baby ko. :(

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 02:56:28 pm »
I have not given birth yet but I had De Quervain syndrome in 2011. You can check if it is DQS by pulling down your thumb. Grabe ang sakit nyan. :( May isang araw ako na sobrang hirap ako maligo at magcarry ng bags ko...so I'm sure mas mahirap at baby ang i-carry niyo kais mas precious yan.

For a couple of months naka ganito ako: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKJPEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 maganda siya kasi sa wrist na part talagang protected at wag kayo bibili nung maiksi lang (kelangan buong wrist covered)...yung local brand na binili ko natusok sa wrist ko edi lalo nanakit. The doctor I saw for the pain also recommended Futuro.

LeAnEn

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 02:57:44 pm »
Yes Sis, I was diagnosed with De Quervain's with my first child. I had wrist therapy which included wrist exercise and putting my hand in tolerable hot water putting the exercise. It helped a lot. Buti na lang I didn't need to go through what a patient went through. The doc had to snip a vein. Minor operation lang daw yun pero mas,hassle.

-munchkins12-

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 12:55:49 am »
Meron ako nito after 1 week of giving birth. Grabe ang sakit nito sobra. Nung una left wrist after few weeks right naman. Meron pa rin until now mejo bearable na yung pain compared before. It helps to soak my hand sa warm water.

Len0523

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »
Ay grabe! 3 months kong ininda yan. Buti na lang wala na ngayon. Minsan minsan ko na lang napifeel.

marssie

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »
Currently suffering from this, more than one month of pain, i ignored it kasi then i went to medication for 15days nung tumindi na ang sakit, nag improve naman but may pain pa rin so i was given an injection (steriod), hopefully maging okay na kasi ang hirap kumilos lalo na sa pag aalaga ng bata at gawaing bahay.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:13:29 pm by marssie »

gwyne21

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:40 pm »
Na-experience ko ito after giving birth. Sa right wrist lang. What I did was to alternate between hot and cold compress to ease the pain tapos mga 2 days akong di nagbuhat ng mabigat. Nawala naman yung pain after one week.

abbmg

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:44 pm »
meron din ako nito, siguro kasi lagi gusto magpakarga ng baby. minsa nga masakit kahit iniistretch ko lang ng kaunti eh.

marianne1413

  • Guest
Re: Wrist Pain Before and after giving birth
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 09:29:12 am »
From day 1 after giving birth, until now (4mos na si baby), i experience this. It was worse on the first 3 mos lalo na nung papabigat na si baby. I cant use brace kasi ako lang pwedeng mag alaga kay baby maghapon, minsan lang ako nahahalinhinanan sa pagbuhat ng mother ko, mahirap namang buhatin sya na may brace. Pero ngayon, medyo umookey naman na, minsan na lang sumasakit, kapag may biglang galaw lang, o kapag may inaabot ako na kailang istretch ang wrist ko. Like pag nagkamot ako ng likod or nagsabon. Sana it will get better totally soon.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close