Author Topic: Question: About wedding suppliers  (Read 6083 times)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 02:42:18 pm »
^ You can just deposit the payment in their bank accounts. Most if not all banks allow interbranch deposit naman.  Also, its better to wait for the contract first so supplier and client obligations are clear to you. Like for example, so suppliers want full payment before the event date. Is that agreeable to you? And for the receipts, yes they email the receipts or they state it in the contracts that you have already paid downpayment. Lastly since you havent met or seen any of them, please make sure those suppliers are legit and dependable. Maybe research for online reviews or do you know someone from Cebu who could check them up for you?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:44:11 pm by rowan »

anchan

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 07:30:06 pm »
Wow rowan, thanks for the detailed answers! ;D

Actually, I don't know anyone from Cebu kaya super research ako ngayon ng mga suppliers to make sure I won't book the shady ones.

Now, I'm on the fence about hiring an OTD coordinator thinking it might be more practical to hire a full-service coordinator.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 10:02:13 pm »
^^  my husband and I are both based overseas. What we did was send the money sa mom ko, and she will send us pics of the deposit slip.  Which we will send to our suppliers. 

1 week to go, and that is how we managed to pay off most of our suppliers. Especially those that needs to be paud a week in advance. We simply deposited the money sa bank, and then took a pic of the deposit slip. Hope this helps

cristia

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 10:24:34 pm »
Thank you sis rowan and j.adore

 I did not pay much for the time extension at the hotel but still!!!  I am giving him another week to reply and if not, I will start looking for another HMUA. Even if he said he reserved the date for me, the fact that he is not replying where  I will pay and thus no contract from him makes me really anxious! :-\
You guys are right if trial pa lang his attitude is already like that, not worth it kahit super galing pa. I did not ask why he was late and he did not seem apologetic....maybe he thinks its normal for them to be late??? but you guys are right, if the HMUA is late then affected na lahat.>:( Thanks for your help :-*

anchan

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 11:01:33 pm »
Thank you Missus O! That's really helpful.  :)

1 week to go, hmm I wonder how you feel. Hindi ka na siguro mapakali! hehe. More than a successful wedding, I wish you a blessed happy marriage!  ;)

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 06:05:55 pm »
Cristia Suppliers not replying for a week still okay, that's the maximum time. Just think they have other things to do, maybe booked gigs? Also there are certain instances that suppliers are late during meetings since they're probably busy but they should have told you the reason why and it should be acceptable. If not, then that's already a deal breaker. Time is very important and it should be valued. It depends on you if you want to take the risk of booking them or not, but if after all what they did to you pre-wedding, be sure to inform them that you dislike tardiness. Suppliers sometimes disregard people's time and it should be nicely noted to them.

Anchan I'm an overseas bride here as well.
Did you pay by credit card or through fund transfer? We paid majority of our suppliers through fund transfer and paid some cash through my relatives. It depends on their preference so you should ask them about it.
Do contracts come first before settling the payment or vice versa?
No, some give draft contracts though email or FB, depends on your portal of communication. If you agreed to it then you should pay the deposit first, send a copy of the bank transfer and sign the contract that they have sent you. Always make sure that the contracts are signed by both parties.
How about receipts, do suppliers mail it to your address?
Since you only pay deposits, you only get their signed contracts. For bigger amounts, you can ask for acknowledgement receipts. If you paid in full then its your right to ask for official receipts. Usually they only send scanned copies to your email.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 10:33:17 pm »
I always make downpayment thru bank transfer. Usually they are sending draft contract (pdf file). Then kapag ok na ako sa terms and conditions, i will send my downpayment na thru bank transfer. Tapos I will sign the contract (its just pdf file para madali mag sign) and my bank transfer copy/screenshot. They will send bank the contract with their signature na. Some are seding scanned copy official receipt. Yung iba wala na kasi may contract na eh.

anchan

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 02:32:55 pm »
Thank you sisses pinaydiaspora and hermione! I appreciate your help.  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close