Author Topic: Question: About wedding suppliers  (Read 6106 times)

rikki21

  • Guest
Question: About wedding suppliers
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:47:05 am »
Hi sisses! I just want to ask few questions about wedding suppliers.
1. On meetings with suppliers, do you give gifts to them? I am an overseas bride, I will be meeting major suppliers for final details on December. January naman is our wedding. We communicate via phone, email and facebook. I dont know if me and H2B needs to give them gifts on meetings prior to the wedding.
2. Where do you usuaaly do the meeting? Like sa restaurant ba, office ng supplier or other places?
3. After the wedding, aside from the full payment, do you give them tips or gifts?

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:07:16 pm »
It's okay lang naman to give simple gifts upon meet up. Pero ako sis siguro pag sa wedding day na lang after the reception.

MedChic

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 04:21:42 pm »
Planning to give gift after the wedding. If I am super satisfied. Besides, we have already paid them our hard earned money for their services. I think its OK even if you dont give after. :-)

raia_1303

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:13:58 pm »
Hello! :)

On our initial meeting with our OTD, she told me she came from a meeting with an overseas bride and that they were finalizing the program with their host. I couldn't avoid looking at her opened bag and saw a small gift that was probably given to her by the bride. The OTD told me that they got really close while planning the wedding as the couple got them for full coordination.

Probably, if you are happy with your suppliers, a small token is enough just to show them that you really appreciated their efforts :)

Ako naman may question, I'm quite OC with the preps, bordering on being manic na :) anyway, I want sana to make a box of supplies for my suppliers, probably you can call it a supplier's kit. The things inside this kit will include mints, energy bars, paracetamol, immodium, small chips and biscuits. So far yun pa lang, would any of you know what else I can include in my supplier's kit?

Any suggestions? :)

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 09:19:15 pm »
1) you don't have to. But if gusto nyo talaga,  perhaps a little token/pasalubong from where you're from. Pwedeng food na popular sa panggagalingan mo. In my case, didn't give them gifts during the preps. Baka mawili e, lagi mag-expect, hehe..
2) we usually had our meetings sa resto/coffeeshop. Over lunch or dinner or coffee/snacks. For the gowns, syempre sa shop nya.
3) right after the wedding, we gave red packets (angpao) to suppliers. Except for one, the makeup artist. Kasi they arrived late, and kulang ng 1 tao sa agreed. Na-delay tuloy kami and I was late sa church. For the coordinator, we met pa the day after so dun na namin sya binigyan ng angpao and gift. Sya lang ang may additional gift, kasi sya naman pinaka-abala.

patriciasy595

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 10:28:54 am »
Hi sis!

1. I give simple gifts sa mga suppliers na love ko kahit meetings lang. Yung iba kasi super love ko na kahit thru email or phone pa lang kami nakakapag communicate. Especially yung mabilis mag reply. Hehe. But you don't have to, it's not a must :)

2. I meet with my suppliers kung saan convenient and safe for both of us. Usually mga restuarants or coffeeshops. Take note though that during December, wedding suppliers are really busy because it's the busiest month for them.

3. My wedding is till on 2016 so hindi ko pa masabi pero I think I can't help but give tokens to the suppliers that I love. Just a gesture that I appreciate what they did for me. Pero if sablay sila, "ok, thanks, bye" na lang. haha!

Hi sisses! I just want to ask few questions about wedding suppliers.
1. On meetings with suppliers, do you give gifts to them? I am an overseas bride, I will be meeting major suppliers for final details on December. January naman is our wedding. We communicate via phone, email and facebook. I dont know if me and H2B needs to give them gifts on meetings prior to the wedding.
2. Where do you usuaaly do the meeting? Like sa restaurant ba, office ng supplier or other places?
3. After the wedding, aside from the full payment, do you give them tips or gifts?

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 09:45:21 am »
Hi sisses! I just want to ask few questions about wedding suppliers.
1. On meetings with suppliers, do you give gifts to them? I am an overseas bride, I will be meeting major suppliers for final details on December. January naman is our wedding. We communicate via phone, email and facebook. I dont know if me and H2B needs to give them gifts on meetings prior to the wedding.
2. Where do you usuaaly do the meeting? Like sa restaurant ba, office ng supplier or other places?
3. After the wedding, aside from the full payment, do you give them tips or gifts?

1. We don't give gifts during meetings. But we try to pay for the food if it's in a restaurant, or coffee if it's in a coffeeshop. If they decline, just buy for yourselves. Most of the suppliers naman kapag nauna eh bumibili na ng food nila so you won't feel obligated to pay for them.
2. Foodtasting, definitely sa office. All others sa labas kami nakipag-meet usually in coffeeshops and restaurants. My couturier is a friend so sa house nya kami nagpupunta.
3. We did not gave tips, but we gave them box of cupcakes baked by one of my bridesmaids as a token. :)

deathwatchspider

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:00:57 am »
Hi sisses! I just want to ask few questions about wedding suppliers.
1. On meetings with suppliers, do you give gifts to them? I am an overseas bride, I will be meeting major suppliers for final details on December. January naman is our wedding. We communicate via phone, email and facebook. I dont know if me and H2B needs to give them gifts on meetings prior to the wedding.
2. Where do you usuaaly do the meeting? Like sa restaurant ba, office ng supplier or other places?
3. After the wedding, aside from the full payment, do you give them tips or gifts?

1. if first meeting pa lang, we dont give gifts yet sympre. pero if meet them sa resto, we make sure na kami ang bibili ng food for them.

2. restos, offices, malls, coffee shops. any place where you can talk freely without being disturbed. para magkaintidihan kayo ng mabuti

3. if your supplier did exceptionally well or went the extra mile, some brides usually give tips or gifts as a token of appreciation for a job well done. so depende pa din sa performance. it cannot be demanded as a right  :D

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 03:37:04 pm »
1) For initial meetings with suppliers we are still considering-- no gifts. We do not even offer to pay for meals and that's the way they expect din naman. They also do not offer to pay for ours as we are not yet in any agreement. For booked suppliers, I would say I'll only give them gifts after the wedding din. You cannot spoil them as they have not yet technically performed, and I don't want to seem easy to please na wala pa silang ginagawa satisfied na ako kaagad kaya gift agad. This will put them at ease and baka tamarin mag all out effort on the wedding day itself. I will give gifts to suppliers I am exceptionally happy with-- after the wedding.
2) We meet usually in coffeeshops. KKB.
3) Will give only exceptional suppliers small tokens of appreciation/ gifts after the wedding.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 11:42:52 pm »
^same thing for us. We want to see their performance first before we give them "awards." Always keep the relationship professional.:)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 03:34:39 am »
I gave my coordinator ( Bon of Events and Elements) just a simple gift of appreciation during our first meeting which happened last Monday during our prenup because she has been really good since day 1. As in really good! And gave something to my hmua as well coz we've known each other for 3 years na. I just gave chocolates to my photographers kase ang hirap mag isip ng gift for guys. I find nothing wrong with that. I'm just happy with their performance during these early times of wedding preps. We constantly communicate din kase and they've been very attentive to my queries. Pambawi narin kase I'm late during our sesh haha.

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »
Hi sisses! I just want to ask few questions about wedding suppliers.
1. On meetings with suppliers, do you give gifts to them? I am an overseas bride, I will be meeting major suppliers for final details on December. January naman is our wedding. We communicate via phone, email and facebook. I dont know if me and H2B needs to give them gifts on meetings prior to the wedding.
2. Where do you usuaaly do the meeting? Like sa restaurant ba, office ng supplier or other places?
3. After the wedding, aside from the full payment, do you give them tips or gifts?

1. We don't give gifts during the meeting, but we buy them food or drinks.
2. A place where you can talk, resto if lunch or dinner, coffee shop if merienda
3. I would rather give gifts instead of tip especially to suppliers I worked with the whole day, or maybe the entire engagement like the photographers. Videographers , coord make up artist

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 06:10:49 pm »
Worry ko din kung ano ibibigay sa supplier sa first meeting namen. kasi ofw ako, we've been chatting sa sa FB lalo na yung coordinator namen. Ok na siguro ang chocolates noh?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 07:09:26 pm »
So far I have only given my coordinator a gift because it was her birthday on tha day of our meeting. Then last Christmas when I went for a fitting I gave my designer a cake and she also gave me a gift as well. :)

As for meetings we dont give gifts but we always foot the bill.

For our wedding we plan to give token gifts. One box of chocolates for main suppliers and a big box of chocolates for sharing (individually wrapped)  for the photo, video, and coordinators teams.

I think the best we can do for our suppliers especially on the day of the wedding is to feed them well especially since they will be hard at work all day. This means that we will provide good food with generous servings. As well as allow them to order drinks at the venue for dinner. And provide coffee, and snacks they can munch on throughout the day. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:44:36 pm by Chili1113 »

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 09:11:50 pm »
1. We didn't give gifts during meetings. Most of the time, bukod samin ni hubby may kasama akong cousin pag nakikipag meet. Para pagdating ng supplier, cousin ko na ang mag oorder. Pag may dumating ulit na supplier, my cousin knows what to do. So hindi naiinterupt yung usapan namin.

2. Coffee shop or resto na di masyadong matao para pwede mapahaba ang discussion. With our p/v team, sa office nila kami nagmi-meet. Kasi nandun ang samples, output, etc.

3. We just gave monetary tips per member. Actually dad ko nagbigay kasi natuwa sa mga suppliers. ;)

nabiya

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 08:34:01 pm »
Hi mga sis! Ano pala mga questions inaask niyo during first meeting ninyo sa videographers?

Thanks!

cristia

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 12:21:53 am »
 Hi sisses! I just want to ask what are your deal breakers not to book a supplier? How many times or how long do you guys usually wait for them to reply before you change your mind?....... I am getting worried cause I had a trial make up done last weekend with this celebrity make up artist and he was very nice considering his status in the make up industry and I really liked the look he did. I texted him that I will book him already but it has been a week already and no reply yet as to where I will deposit my payment :( Also he was late during our trial so I had to extend and pay extra sa hotel where I was checked i so I am thinking if deal breaker na ba to. Thanks!

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 09:40:53 am »
Hi Cristia,

Yikes, malaki damage sa hotel? Did the HMUA even apologize and explain why he was late? Maybe he had a valid reason. Regarding his nonresponsiveness, some suppliers are not really very responsive especially if your wedding date is still very far out. You can ask for reviews from his past brides. Maybe he is one of those who dont really reply often but once you are booked or you got his word that he reserved that day for you, will still delivers well on the date itself. Lastly, it actually depends on your tolerance and how much you like that HMUA. Like for me, theres this one supplier who I initially crossed out after not responding for a week. I let them go and just inquired on other suppliers. However 3 weeks after, they finally replied and they were diligent in replying ever since. Try checking out others HMUAs na rin. Marami pa magaling dyan:)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 09:48:22 am »
Yes depends on your tolerance talaga. If it was me, deal breaker na yung being late  you incurred costs pa unless truly matter of life and death?
Weird din normally pag payment fast reply sila hehe.

Just think, if this is the supplier's performance sa trial pa lang, what more on your big day?
A late HMUA derails the entire schedule. Pictorial time usually mawawala. Are you willing to risk that given the talent of this supplier?

anchan

  • Guest
Re: Question: About wedding suppliers
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 01:41:20 pm »
Hi mga sis! 

I'm from Bataan and we're planning to have a destination wedding in Cebu.

Now, I'm at a loss how some b2bs handle making initial deposits to suppliers while they're based overseas. As much as possible, I'm hoping to settle payments securely without flying to Cebu. I'm now itching to secure our venue reservation but I'm still clueless how to do it.

For those of you who are in a similar situation:

  • Did you pay by credit card or through fund transfer?
  • Do contracts come first before settling the payment or vice versa?
  • How about receipts, do suppliers mail it to your address?


Hope you guys can help me. :)

Thank you mga sis!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close