Author Topic: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)  (Read 127460 times)

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #480 on: March 31, 2015, 04:14:42 pm »
sabog talaga sis sparklingjewel? LOL

I thought 4 events per month lang ang SMA? I tried imbitado din, booked na sila sa date namin. :( any other suggestions sis? gusto ko ng itry na din lang yung awesome events by mark para di na ko mastress.

kiracharlie

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #481 on: March 31, 2015, 04:49:27 pm »
SMA seems to be very organized and OC for her price. I met her personally, she was very pleasant to talk to as well. Just be careful because she has a LOT of clients already which means less focus on each wedding. May binabagayan din siyang clients; some find her suggestions off or corny. So it would be best to really meet her first. Overall, for me she is a far better option than Events by Thoffy (medyo sabog e) :)

Can you please elaborate kung bakit "sabog" ang EBT? Did you meet them already or naging client ka nila? It's unfair to throw such comments na wala namang kasamang explanation. I'm a client of EBT and they're definitely not sabog.

ms_joyvi

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #482 on: March 31, 2015, 05:00:21 pm »
Hi sis ece!ano e-mail mo?

Maple19

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #483 on: March 31, 2015, 05:24:20 pm »
Sis ece, I'm a recent bride of Sheena last March 14 lang. Grabe she didn't tell me na she will be getting married just 1 week after. And yet, she still accepted me as a client. I have nothing but kind words and praises for her. She only accepts max of 5 clients in a month. Yan ang alam ko when I booked her early last year.

During preps, she's always quick to respond and she always gives helpful suggestions whether sa timeline, program, dos and donts or suppliers.

During wedding, my family and our entourage and even some of the guests noted how organized they were. And nasunod ang timeline, daming time for photo ops during preps. Syempre lutang na ako di ko na yun napapansin. Even my assistant Mia wala din akong masabi. Pumunta pa sa ilalim ng table during change sa reception para tahiin ang length ng gown ko dahil natatapakan ko. Wala akong complaints.  Yung naturnover ding supplier balances and pocket money sa kaniya, lahat accounted yung incidental expenses.

As much as possible di nila pinapaalam sakin yung mga naging problems, sila na nagsosolve without consulting me. Example nito nalate family ni groom sa church dahil nawala sa daanan, sya na nagmanage sa super strict na church coordinator ng magallanes who was vehemently insisting na magstart na yung march without the parents and the siblings of groom... And she also managed yung mga unexpected guests na dumating and sya na din gumawa ng paraan sa dinner crew meal (wala kaming binayaran :P)

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #484 on: March 31, 2015, 05:48:20 pm »
sis Maple19 wow! nakakatuwa naman yung ginawa nya. ang astig. parang wedding planner lang na movie? hehe.. naexcite naman ako sa kwento mo, sana di pa cya booked sa wedding date namin.  panget naman kung sabihin ko na sana di pa cya  busy, buntis or manganganak by that time. hehe

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #485 on: March 31, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »
ay sis Maple19, congratulations and best wished senyo ni hubby nga pala! hehe.. nalimut ko sabihin. naexcite sa kwento. :-* ;D

Maple19

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #486 on: March 31, 2015, 06:01:35 pm »
No worries ece! Go lang kay sheena, ako kasi mabilis ko sya nakapalagayan ng loob. Like mentioned before, kahit gano kagaling depende din kung magjive personalities nyo. Good luck! :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #487 on: March 31, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »
Can you please elaborate kung bakit "sabog" ang EBT? Did you meet them already or naging client ka nila? It's unfair to throw such comments na wala namang kasamang explanation. I'm a client of EBT and they're definitely not sabog.

I met them already back when i was planning to get them for otd, I had no intention whatsoever to ruin their name or anything (since i WAS considering them in the first place, and second, as if naman may mapapala ako by doing that), but i've already shared here previously what we had talked about during that meeting and why i didn't book them. But for your benefit, the gist being he shared with me stories of some chaotic weddings he believes he was able to manage (including one where walang nadala na projector stand so they made one up out of stacked chairs tied with strings--this simply to me could have been easily avoided by thorough checking beforehand, plus, stacked chairs--- umm I just do not consider it 'well-managed'). Anyway, i already shared the details before. It's not a story i would be proud enough to share to a potential client had i been him since it only made me imagine it at my own wedding...
But trust me i was not asking him for such details just to write a review on it. I just tell it like it is. I'm a very no-filter kind of person lang, i will share firsthand info good or bad. It doesn't necessarily mean he will perform that way at all his weddings.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:11:35 pm by sparklingjewel »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #488 on: March 31, 2015, 11:07:27 pm »
^Maple19 awww she got married too?! Crazy! Well, she does sound crazy efficient. I mean, she was even replying to clients' text in the lull moments of our meeting. Kaya pala mabilis talaga magreply. Saka thorough talaga. I am so happy she pulled off your wedding well! Congrats! :)

kiracharlie

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #489 on: March 31, 2015, 11:26:01 pm »
^ Thanks for the explanation. It's only proper to always add it, kahit maiksi lang, why you're making such claims. Since ang layo na ng previous post mo. Wala kasi sila to defend themselves.

Anyway, my experience naman with EBT was great. We didn't have any major problems during the day. Considering I started getting ready around 10am na and never kami naghabol ng oras. Still, the wedding started on time. My mom was so happy that our wedding was well managed, and she's not easy to please.

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #490 on: April 02, 2015, 09:51:42 am »
I got bon of e&e as my otd coord. Good thing her bestfriend was my classmate in postgrad school. She's pressured daw to be at her best for my wedding para di mapahiya bff niya. 😉

simang

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2015, 10:20:00 am »
Hi mga sis. Help me naman. Plan kasi namin before is wag na kumuha ng OTD coord, will get na lang out relatives/friends tapos mag assign ng tasks sa knila. E parang hassle and ayaw namin macompromise yung wedding kaya we've decided to get my officemate na lang na rumaraket ng coord. Tapos I asked her if she can bring two more para 3 sila and we'll pay na lang the additional. So okay na dapat. Lately ko lang narealize na parang kulang ang 3 coords and since friends2 kami ni officemate,takot akong baka dahil walang contract at ang informal ng lahat ng discussion, maraming mamiss na details. If nag add pa ko ng additional coords from her team, mahal na aabutin. Now I am planning to get 7ten5 events. Problem ko lag is paano ko sasabihin sa officemate ko etong plan. I know it's my fault talaga pero wala pa din naman kaming concrete plan, etc. Paano kaya ang tamang approach? Hmmm

Hi sis. kun nakapag coordinate naman na sya ng weddings, baka naman you don't need to be worried as much. Also, babayaran mo naman sya so i guess you can be very very specific sa details. Let her/him know kung anong mga detalye ba ang concerns mo. Pwede ka din naman mag ask ng kontrata from your officemate for the security of you both.

If you're decided already on getting a professional team na, then just tell your officemate na lang honestly. Maybe go around things like you want her to enjoy your wedding kaya ka kumuha na lang ng iba. Or pwede ka din magsinungaling lol sabihin mo the OTD coord team was gifted to you by someone kaya di mo maintindihan (lol sanay sanay eh, had to use that line when we had to change one of our suppliers haha sorry ✌️). I'm sure maiintindihan naman nya.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2015, 10:43:50 am »
^thanks sis simang:) iisipin ko nga ng 100x to haha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2015, 12:17:56 pm »
Hi mga sis. Help me naman. Plan kasi namin before is wag na kumuha ng OTD coord, will get na lang out relatives/friends tapos mag assign ng tasks sa knila. E parang hassle and ayaw namin macompromise yung wedding kaya we've decided to get my officemate na lang na rumaraket ng coord. Tapos I asked her if she can bring two more para 3 sila and we'll pay na lang the additional. So okay na dapat. Lately ko lang narealize na parang kulang ang 3 coords and since friends2 kami ni officemate,takot akong baka dahil walang contract at ang informal ng lahat ng discussion, maraming mamiss na details. If nag add pa ko ng additional coords from her team, mahal na aabutin. Now I am planning to get 7ten5 events. Problem ko lag is paano ko sasabihin sa officemate ko etong plan. I know it's my fault talaga pero wala pa din naman kaming concrete plan, etc. Paano kaya ang tamang approach? Hmmm

Nako sis baka pas mapamahal ka pa by getting your officemate and hiring additional people. Plus she's not really a coordinator so hindi sulit babayarin mo sa kanya. Kasi usually kasama sa fee ng coordinator ang mag suggest ng tried and tested suppliers, to give budget forms/checklists, plus to give you advice on etiquette etc.

I have nothing against yung mga ruma-racket lang. But iba kasi yung basta may biglang nag volunteer lang na siya yung coordinator mo tapos wala naman siya alam na suppliers man lang, or kung pano yung proper lineup ng entourage sa church, or that kailangan nila supervise yung set-up and even do a lights and sound check before the event.

Heheh If I were you sis, Id tell my officemates na ---sorry  but we will be getting a professional OTD coordinator. Just say that it wasnt your choice and that the family of your husband is insisting on someone they know, and that it will be a gift to you and you wont pay for it. Your officemate will understand because sino naman talaga mag say NO to a free coordinator na sponsored by a family member. This may be a white lie. But then I think this is better rather than hurting the feelings of your office mate.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:42:02 pm by Chili1113 »

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #494 on: April 02, 2015, 02:21:35 pm »
Hi mga sis. Help me naman. Plan kasi namin before is wag na kumuha ng OTD coord, will get na lang out relatives/friends tapos mag assign ng tasks sa knila. E parang hassle and ayaw namin macompromise yung wedding kaya we've decided to get my officemate na lang na rumaraket ng coord. Tapos I asked her if she can bring two more para 3 sila and we'll pay na lang the additional. So okay na dapat. Lately ko lang narealize na parang kulang ang 3 coords and since friends2 kami ni officemate,takot akong baka dahil walang contract at ang informal ng lahat ng discussion, maraming mamiss na details. If nag add pa ko ng additional coords from her team, mahal na aabutin. Now I am planning to get 7ten5 events. Problem ko lag is paano ko sasabihin sa officemate ko etong plan. I know it's my fault talaga pero wala pa din naman kaming concrete plan, etc. Paano kaya ang tamang approach? Hmmm

when is your wedding sis? sabihin mo na ng mas maaga, para di na din cya mastress at ikaw din. if ever na di na cya ang magiging coordinator mo, will you still invite her? ganito nalang, sabihin mo, para di cya ma stress sa araw ng wedding mo at maenjoy nya ang moment na din, nakakuha ng coordinator, or someone sponsored the fee for a coordinator.. mga ganun na palusot. hehe..  ang hirap nga noh?

Elise1915

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #495 on: April 06, 2015, 04:40:00 pm »
@ece

    GirlTalker
    **
    Posts: 40
        View Profile

Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #468 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »

    Quote

mga sis, how about la belle fete weddings and events? thanks!

Planning with Ycoy Sitchon of La Belle Fete was such a blessing! My Planning started a year before “D-Day”. I thought I was a bit early. She said to me, nothing is too early when it comes to wedding planning. But she warned me not to book All of my suppliers early on the planning stages. Why? I guess you need to be one of her brides to find out! Haha! Anyway, on the onset of the planning I said to myself, I might just get an OTD coordination since I have a lot of time planning and since I’m on OC person, I can manage to pull off planning my own wedding. So my fiancé and I started our search on the internet for THE one. Believe me, I emailed a good number of events coordinator and only a handful responded to me promptly. Out of that, only a few people made sense in their replies. And Ycoy’s La belle fete stands out. There is a feel of professionalism on her responses. I don’t know, maybe it was just me. That’s one of my criteria in searching for a planner/coordinator. Then she referred me to her facebook page where most of her works are posted. My gosh! What I loved with her works is the consistency. You will know instantly that it was her event or something like that. I instantly told my fiancé that we have to meet this girl asap! When we met Ycoy, she explained to me the process, requirements, the budget we have in mind, the whole nine yards. When she gave me a copy of the wedding timeline and suppliers I need to book, it dawned to me the arduous tasks of planning my own wedding. She is one of the planners I know that give her own concept/take on the wedding based on the couple interest and theme. Artistic and professional, that combo is really hard to come by nowadays. My jaw dropped when I saw her rates. I mean full planning with theme conceptualization and rsvp services; I knew this would cost us a lot. But believe me when I say that her rates only cost half of what the “top” coordinators in the industry are offering. I was even contemplating of getting full planning already instead of my initial plan of just having an “otd coordinator”. So yes, I eventually got her full planning services.
The planning stage went through smoothly. I could not ask for more. I remember, I even cried when she sent me her set of pegs and moodboard for our wedding. It was perfect! What’s good about planning with her is that, she works around our set budget. I mean, yes we got her services for a premium but now we realized the value of her being around. I heard from my friends that some coordinators force their supplier of choice even if the price is way beyond our budget or the approach of that supplier is different from what we have envisioned. If I have a supplier in mind, she will just give me her review on that supplier together with a list of her recommended supplier but not to a point that she will force me to book that team. Overall, it was a stress free planning. We felt very pampered and spoiled customers. I did not encounter problems with any suppliers that we have booked since Ms. Ycoy was always on top of everything. Funny, what we just need to do is decide and pay the suppliers directly.
On our wedding day, everything was perfect! Being an OC bride, I decided to let go of all my anxieties knowing the Ycoy was by far more OC than me! She was able to cope up and even exceeded my expectations with my OC lists of to-do’s! I was really impressed with her team. My family noticed their politeness, efficiency and promptness. Everyone was so astounded with our theme coming to life! From the invitation, gowns, cake, flowers, styling setup, stage and program were all cohesive to our theme! Every minute detail was carefully considered. I could not ask for more. 


I think we got a bargain considering the value of service I got from La Belle Fete weddings team. Thank you Ms Ycoy for giving me a memorable wedding!


ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2015, 05:49:43 pm »
"My jaw dropped when I saw her rates" sis Elise1915, pwede malaman kung magkano? :) kahit price range lang, not the exact rate just to give us an idea. seen her works in fb and ig, maganda talaga mga events nya. thank you!  :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #497 on: April 07, 2015, 06:28:55 am »
thanks sissies, pag iisipan kong mabuti lahat ng inputs nyo:)

bugem25

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #498 on: April 07, 2015, 12:18:29 pm »
sis ece, naginquire ako kay La Belle Fête Weddings & Events and eto ang range niya.

Diamond- 70k
Gold-55k
Silver- 40k
Bronze- 38k

Kakasend lang niya sa email ko today.. haha!

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 3)
« Reply #499 on: April 07, 2015, 02:43:58 pm »
thank you sis bugem25! reasonable naman pala ang rate nya sis, maganda ang outcome ng weddings nya based on fb pictures. hehe.. nag message din ako sa kanya, un nga lang, unavailable na sila on our day.  :(

events: simplified and 7ten5 otd lang ang meron sila, di ko kase sure kung kaya ko magbook ng suppliers, overseas bride kase ako,

between kredin and events and elements, which one kaya? help me decide sisters please. thank you!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close