Author Topic: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?  (Read 11038 times)

lisse

  • Guest
For the life of me, I never thought that I will be seeking advise here on this matter: my husband is cheating on me.
Months ago, when we were still LDR (me living in his home state and him in another state for work) he came home to visit me over the long weekend. Before siya umalis pabalik sa work, I chanced upon his cellphone. May passcode but since I know him well, it is very easy for me to unlock it. I know it is not good to snoop through personal stuff, big mistake. But what I found out is even more wrong. I saw him emailing with different women about sex. He even sent them his selfies. There are lots of email exchanges. Nanlamig talaga ako and I confronted him about it while crying and sprawled helplessly on the floor. Another big mistake, I should have printed out those emails. He grabbed his phone, deleted those emails and said that his email was hacked. Yeah, right. I asked for divorce but he wont hear of it. I talked to his mom and sis about it. Another big mistake. They stood up with him and tried to convince me na na-hack nga account niya. Hindi naman ako bobo to fall for it.
Since I love him, I dropped the whole thing. Swallowed my pride, shoved the matter under the rug, gave him a clean break. I stopped asking for him to man up and admit it, give me an explanation why he did it, and for him to show remorse for what he did. Sakin kasi, as a married man, you are not supposed to talk to other women in that way.
We continued to live our plans. I gave up my job to move to the state where he works now. We put our house under the management of a property manager, and we bought a condo. Last week on a drunken state, he said he wants to hang out with his guy co-worker. I don’t want to let him go because he cannot drive in that state. He said he will take a cab. Hindi ko talaga ma-gets bakit need pa niya pumunta don, why not invite the friend over. We live where everything happens – we’re smacked in the middle of the city. He said he will just have a couple of beers with him, he will not stay long because this guy’s girlfriend will be home at 5 pm and since they have been working night shifts, they will want some quality time and privacy. Which made it even more odd bakit need pa nila mag-hang out, of all time, eh ngayon. I finally let him go, provided he will not drive he took a cab. Then after more than an hour, he’s back, we went to dinner and went to bed. In bed, I heard his cellphone dropped. It was unlock and it was on the messages screen. Lo and behold, nakita ko may ka-text siyang girl. He asked if she is home alone. She said yeah she is. And he said he might come see her and will let her know. She said ok. Then finally he said he will be in a cab and he’s got an hour.
I confronted him about it the next day. He got mad because I was snooping thru his stuff. I asked for an explanation. He said he will on Monday. Which I cannot understand, may date and time ba dapat magsabi ng totoo? That was a Saturday. I am already asking for a divorce. Then today, he said that that girl is the gf of another co-worker whom he and that guy friend he hung out with visited to repair the door locks because she is being abused. To be honest, I cannot buy that BS.
I still love my husband. He is a good man, I am well cared for and everyone can see he loves me. But I cannot trust him anymore knowing that he is making a fool out of me, twice now. Never ding umamin. I deserve better than this. My problem is that there’s a lot at stake here. We bought a new condo. We just rented out another house, plus we have our home base in his home state. We have 2 houses in the Philippines. Plus he pays for my 2 siblings’ schooling. I do not have a job now. I have some savings enough to hire a lawyer, plus my former boss, a lawyer is willing to help me. I don’t know what to do. I truly love him, and I really feel sorry for him kung iiwan ko siya when he’s got everything invested in all of these. But I cannot trust him anymore. Should I give him another chance?
FYI, today is our 4th wedding anniversary. Oh the irony!

sarah29

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:56:04 am »
PLEASE do not give him another chance, unless he shows you that he really is repentant over his infidelity.

Unang una, mali na hinayaan mo lang na hinde nya aminin yung pagkaka-mali nya sayo nun. Sis, without him truly hating himself for what he did to you - please do not expect a change. He lies to you, because he can. At sya pa galit nung nakita mo sa phone nya? Kitang kita how he is NOT sorry that he is cheating on you.

You say this man is a good man - pero ang core ng marriage e hinde lang good - but dapat faithful kayo sa isa't isa. Maybe it's time for a separation. Sis, please be tough. Confront mo sya. Pag ayaw nya, maging firm ka sa mga susunod mong decisions. Maybe it be a divorce, or separation. Wag mong hayaan na lumipas ito ulit.

You say you don't have a job - better start looking now. And kung magdi-divorce kayo, then you should have some of the property, and get a bit of money from him as well. Since sya naman nagkamali. Whatever it may be, wag mong hayaan na lumipas ito. Wag mo hayaan na tumanda ka with an unfaithful man. This is not how a married life should be.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:58:19 am by sarah29 »

PinKisH_23

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 05:27:49 am »
Hello sis.

It really is painful when your husband cheats, I know the feeling kasi I've been in that situation before. Yung akala mo hindi nya magagawa at all, nagawa na pala.

Ganyan din husband ko at first, yung mga simpleng selos at nalalaman nyang pinakialaman ko phone and laptop nya at dun ko sya nahuhuli, sya pa galit, it's their normal self defense, yung privacy kuno.

If you really feel that your husband's cheating, gather up evidences first, get pictures, screenshots bago ka mag react, then when you're ready and confirmed mo na, slap the evidences to his face, itatanggi lang nila yan ng itatanggi, promise. Kung baga, be the better player, tapos mag start kana mag save under your name, yung pwede mo makuha kahit mag hiwalay man kayo. Be ready sa kung ano man ang magiging decision mo. Be the wiser person in the marriage. Kung ako sayo, wag ka muna magresort sa divorce, obviously twice mo na ginagawang ithreaten sya, di sya natitinag because he knows hindi mo kaya.

In any case though, magagamit mo rin yung mga evidences na yan to strengthen the case vs him kung mag file ka man ng divorce.

Basta yun lang ma advice ko for now, be financially independent while gathering up evidences na pwede mo rin mapakita sa family nya.

In my case, yung mom ng asawa ko, she was constantly telling me this line, "Jo, sigurado ako hanggang chat lang yang anak ko, wag ka mag alala, makunat yan eh". After I found out about the affair and nalaman ko yung babae pa ang nanlibre sa motel, ni screenshot ko lahat yun, sinend ko lang sa fb ng mother in law ko. Ito na ang linya nya after, "Jo, wala na ako masabi, wala na akong mukhang maihaharap sayo, from now on di ko na yan kakausapin, ang sakit ng ulo ko sa kanya."

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:44 am »
You are not playing your cards well. You are being careless, to your great disadvantage.
Never let the opponent "read" your cards.

1st:   IMO, your husband is not into Remorse  & Reform.  With how you have been on a Discovery Tour of  his Monkey Business --  he is now thinking of better Cover-up Ways & Means.   
Rest assured, his lame lying will level up to match your IQ.  The day will come, all you will bank on is your Intuition, no more incriminating stuff for you to discover.  It's the cellphone that trips him --  oh, he surely is thinking of how to get around that which gets in the way of his Monkey Business.
Do not be surprised if 1 day you discover he has another cellphone -- for all his juicy sexy stuff.
In short, I doubt if he will stop with his activities that hurt you.  I do not doubt he will get better at managing it beyond your  discovery skills.


2nd:  The  specter of Divorce is what is making you 2 behave.  Both of you will be set back in the SHORT -TERM if you divorce.  Change always come at a price, Any Change.   But see, Divorce can be glorious & liberating: for you both, in the long-term.

You say "there's a lot at stake".  Really?  You mean, there's not much beyond the current financial comfort?  I thought "a lot at stake" referred to your happiness, peace of mind, self-determination, self-worth, self-love, self-actualization --  your long-term future happiness.   
But if you look at it:  Divorce will make you gain financial assets clearly under your name.  He will likely have a diminished portfolio.  There is gain for you in Divorce.

But well, who knows but yourselves  if the prospect of divided assets is enough motivation to stay together, though unhappy.


3rd:  Threats should be taken seriously.  You always threaten him with Divorce. 
Sure, he is taking it seriously -- that's why he does not give you more grounds for Divorce. The lame lying, the curbed anger.  And IMO, his now  better strategizing for his tactical moves pandering to his Monkey Business.
What about you? Are you doing your homework? You haven't been playing your cards well, it seems. You have reason to consider Divorce , but you have zero evidence -- though you have read a lot of evidence.
Sis, control your emotions -- use your head more.  If you threaten, you must be prepared to be on the advantage, always.  Ironic if 1 day, your threat is used on you & you are caught flat-footed. 
Please do not make empty threats.  Do not publicize your threats, until the time is right to inflict the
Disabling Strike.   


4th: You "love him truly".  But of course you do, and you will continue to do so.  Even if you cannot trust him anymore, you will still love him, truly.
What may change after some time ---  is how your self love will weigh versus your love for him. 
And that comparative timbangan will depend on how much you can suffer, hope, and wait. 


You ask:  "Should I give him another chance?"
Is he asking for another chance?  I don't think so.
But he is assuming you will get over this recent discovery, and play along -- Life goes on.
Tinimbang ka na nya: with what you get out of this marriage, & where you are positioned now.  He knows your threat of Divorce is all just talk. 


What to do? What to do?
Give yourself Another Chance, to take better care of yourself and your interests.
See, you are lucky you are smart, you are employable & have ready access to legal advice.   ACT on all that then.  Act smart, get back to being financially empowered/independent, & work on legal advice given you. 
Do not waste time on The Past, it has nothing new to tell you. But learn your Lesson from History, so your Herstory does not repeat.  If he does not learn His Lesson, and History repeats itself --  your Her-story will be better than His-story. 
Just do your best for yourself, your marriage, your interests.  If sh1t should hit the fan 1 day, it won't stick to you -- you won't be The Loser.  There is always an opportunity or silver lining in clouds, even in Divorce. But don't rush into it. Give yourself Another Chance.   




snowberry

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 08:20:01 pm »
^ I always like sis aquacharly's reply

Agree with this and the truth is I learned a lot and followed her advise to resolve my own problem.

Just like you sis lisse, I caught my husband's cheating thru his cellphone. True enough , he became smarter and had another phone kept away from me. But, I became even smarter and still found  out the other phone. But , my discovery did not stop him from cheating.

But, the smartest thing I did is to separate from him, which surprised him as he thought ,I cannot do it.
It hurts at first, but as they say, time heals all wounds and I can say I have recovered.

If you can still bear the pain of living with a cheater, then go on. But  I tell you, there's no peace of mind and it gets more painful knowing that he doesn't love nor care for you anymore.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »
For the life of me, I never thought that I will be seeking advise here on this matter: my husband is cheating on me.

Don't worry.  Everyone thought the same. Ang pagkakaiba lang, at least ikaw alam mo na while yung iba, kunwari di pa nila alam at ang iba, hindi pa talaga nila alam. Well, it will just be a matter of time.



Since I love him, I dropped the whole thing. Swallowed my pride, shoved the matter under the rug, gave him a clean break. I stopped asking for him to man up and admit it, give me an explanation why he did it, and for him to show remorse for what he did. Sakin kasi, as a married man, you are not supposed to talk to other women in that way.

I think regarding this matter, it can never be "case closed" unless he is sorry, he understands it is wrong, "aligned" kayo na hindi iyan gawain ng isang married guy.



I confronted him about it the next day. He got mad because I was snooping thru his stuff. I asked for an explanation. He said he will on Monday. Which I cannot understand, may date and time ba dapat magsabi ng totoo? That was a Saturday.

Your instincts are on the right track. Kung totoo ang sasabihin mo, hindi kelangan mag antay pa ng 2 days, especially for the person you care for (assuming he loves you), especially if your marriage is at stake.



I still love my husband. He is a good man, I am well cared for and everyone can see he loves me.

Why do you say he loves you?  Or pakitang tao lang nya sa iba?
Do you feel loved ba sa pinagagagawa nya, hindi naman siguro?


But I cannot trust him anymore knowing that he is making a fool out of me, twice now. Never ding umamin. I deserve better than this.

You're right.

My problem is that there’s a lot at stake here. We bought a new condo. We just rented out another house, plus we have our home base in his home state. We have 2 houses in the Philippines. Plus he pays for my 2 siblings’ schooling. I do not have a job now. I have some savings enough to hire a lawyer, plus my former boss, a lawyer is willing to help me. I don’t know what to do. I truly love him, and I really feel sorry for him kung iiwan ko siya when he’s got everything invested in all of these. But I cannot trust him anymore. Should I give him another chance?
FYI, today is our 4th wedding anniversary. Oh the irony!

In your mind, you are on the right track of pursuing divorce. Pero I think timing is important.  Consult your lawyer - what you need to prepare without letting your hubby know first.  Para anything you do from now on, will be helpful in your divorce and in your financial situation.


aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 09:58:46 am »

If you can still bear the pain of living with a cheater, then go on. But  I tell you, there's no peace of mind and it gets more painful knowing that he doesn't love nor care for you anymore.

The plain unvarnished Truth.

Best Advise, heed it, LISSE. 

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 10:14:04 am »
A good man but apparently not a good husband.

Plus as has been pointed out here he doesn't seem to be remorseful. If this continues you'll be acting the role of the paranoid/desperate wife while your husband ups his game so you'll have difficulty catching him next time. I suggest you have a long talk with your husband first and see it from there. As you said sis, you deserve better than that.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 10:52:08 am »
lisse, so sorry to hear about this unfortunate development in your married life :(

what irks me with your hubby is that he does not want to admit and is not remorseful in what he has done or has been doing. that is a sign that change will not come easy or will not come at all.

head the advices here that you should plan and gather as much evidence as you can. remember that his family will protect him as much as they can. in law ka lang. do no go on outburst and just quietly plan and keep him off track.

what he did is unforgivable in a wife's point of view but there are reasons why he did it. it would be good to know why - is he a cheater through and through? he is bored? something is wrong with the relationship? I'm not saying to understand him but knowing why will better equip you to either help him or help yourself.

keep your cards close to you and think of yourself and happiness. if it is divorce, then so be it.

hugs to you!

Queen Chokolah

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 03:25:38 pm »
A good man but apparently not a good husband.


This.

Why give him a chance if he's not asking for it?

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 12:36:12 pm »
Sooo....I am back in our original house before I decided to move and join him in another state, and we have filed for divorce just the week before Thanksgiving. Let me tell you the full story, and how the advices of our sissies here helped me.

So after reading the posts, I heeded your advices: be calm, play smart, play my cards right, reign in my emotions, etc. I layed low, I acted as if I have forgotten about the whole thing but I let him feel that I was hurt. I know he will become careless again, and true enough, that moment came. As usual, lasing ulit. We went out for dinner, went back home, then he wants to go out for drinks daw. Alone. I felt bad, pero sige, go. Little did he know that I followed him. I saw him enter the bar, barely half a block away from our condo. I dared not enter because pano kung nasa bukana lang siya diba. I waited in the bitter cold for 15 or so minutes then lumabas sya, cellphone on hand, looking from left to right. Punches something in his phone, then looked left and right as if waiting for someone. Suddenly, a cab pulled up to where he was standing, a woman was there, and he happily went in with her. I swear mga sis, if only may bridge that time, baka tumalon na ko. Ang sakit. I went home to calm down, because I need more evidences. He came home after an hour and a half, drunk. Very chatty. When he passed out, I hacked his phone, and he was not able to erase the text exchange between him and the b*tch. I screened shot those texts and sent them to my own phone, then erased any indication of my snooping. The following day, he came home from work with the printed messages laid out on the kitchen counter. Aba soya pa galit. Until I started to tear up and told him that I saw everything too. Hindi na nakatanggi. I said that's it. It's over. He won't let me go, we spent 3 weeks in torture, kept on saying that he loves me and can't live without me. Hindi pa natapos, those same words that he's telling me? Well, nahuli ko lang naman na sinasabi din niya sa kabitch niya thru text. I called on him the very moment kasi akala niya siguro I was sleeping. Eh kiting-kita ko mga messages nila.
I did not hurt him, although he deserves slashed tires on his brand new car, o mabato ng pots and pans sa ulo. I did not say mean things to him. I was sensible and calm, if not teary lang because of the pain. He finally let me go, and we divided the properties to have a clean-cut, uncontested, and un-nasty divorce. I get the 2 houses in the Philippines, I co-own the house that I live in now, he pays for everything. I did not go after his other properties especially those that he owns before we got married.
Both our families already know, and surprisingly, they did not take any sides. I think my calm demeanor and our civil relationship made the difference. He is really a good person, as long as you are not married to him. And I don't think it is not right to damay pa our families and friends.
My former boss, our lawyer, while so sad, jokingly said that I probably am the nicest ex-wife in the history of divorce, lol!
So now? I am alone. Very few friends of mine know what I am going thru. I am no longer angry or vengeful, what for pa diba? But I am still very very sad. I have my own savings, so I am still good while finishing school and looking for a job if ever I cannot have my old job back. I don't want to rely on the soon to be ex's promises kasi of support. Mahirap na. I did not ask for any alimony. I know this will sound strange pero our relationship improved when we decided that the only thing that we can salvage is a good friendship, nothing more.
And in conclusion, I want to share this bible verse: 1 Peter 5:10 - "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."

Queen Chokolah

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 08:53:32 am »
Very nice sis. I can only imagine how hard it was to keep you calm. I think you did great! I know some people would've wanted you to save your marriage, but for me you did the right thing. Time heals :)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 11:17:03 am »
Congratulations, Lisse...you did good.
I know it's a hard time right now, but you have passed already the hardest part of all I think.
You are a brave and smart woman, I hope in the future you find someone who truly deserves you
Right now, take the time to lick your wounds and heal.

God bless you.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:19 pm »
KISSE, you did good. No, correct that:  you did The Best.

Congratulations.

The pain will pass.  Peksman

Just continue to do what's best for you, always.

akthung

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 06:31:07 pm »
Mahirap na. I did not ask for any alimony. I know this will sound strange pero our relationship improved when we decided that the only thing that we can salvage is a good friendship, nothing more.



God will give what you deserve in other ways or form. just wait and you'll see.

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 08:53:26 am »
Update: - Our divorce is almost over: waiting for the Judge's signature na lang
- Ever since we decided to separate, sunod-sunod blessings from God. One of the best gifts which God gave me is this new job: I am now working at the Supreme Court, with full health insurance and benefits (retirement, etc). My ex used to dangle this kasi karga niya ako sa insurance niya and panakot niya na automatic daw his insurance will take me off his and it will be very difficult for me. Another is I will be graduating this May with high honors.

For now, I will be focusing on healing, my new career, and fostering a stronger relationship with our Lord. Thanks for all the responses and advises!

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 09:07:58 am »
^congrats sis!! you've come a long way! you're so strong and focused. galing. High honors pa inspite of that sh!t you went through. Hats off to you  :D May God bless you more

lisse

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 09:59:26 am »
^Thank you sis! I am still a little sad but definitely not bitter. Sorbing naka-move on na ako, pero saka na lang yung love life. Yes, may mga umaaligid na, pero I am not yet ready. And this time, I already know what my non-neotiables are. I just leave this aspect of my life to God. Everything shall happen according to His will. Mahirap pa din siyempre, especially financially. Pero kakayanin naman. :)

purplemommy17

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 11:30:12 am »
Hi sis @lisse, na touch ako sa bible verse. Thank you,. I need this. Godbless sis,

RAC

  • Guest
Re: Please Advise - Husband Cheated,Should I Give Him Another Chance?
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 06:03:42 am »
Omg same here. 4 years married only. I found out thru his phone. Im at a loss on what to do. We have a 1yr old son and a 3mos old baby that will be baptized next week. I am not ready yet to tip the balance til after the baptism. But after next week i cringe at what will happen when i confront him. I want to talk to his sister because she is level headed but im so afraid.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close