watch now

Author Topic: How do you help your child do better in school?  (Read 1849 times)

MissFemaleNetwork

  • Guest
How do you help your child do better in school?
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:38 am »
Mommies, concerned ba kayo sa grades ng mga bata?

Meron ba kayong ginagawa para matulungan sila to do better in school? Please share naman your tips.


bluelikejazz

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 11:28:56 am »
Syempre gusto ko rin mag-succeed ang anak ko sa school. It also gives him confidence pag alam niyang good ang performance niya.

My son is 9 years old. Ever since, I supervise his study and homework time. Titgnan namin ano yung mga kailangan niyang readings or yung assignments niya. Tapos I let him be, but I'm just around if he has questions. Tapos after a certain time, I check on his work or ask him questions to review. Also pag study time, no TV, no gadgets para hindi ma-distract.

I also regularly talk to his teacher to get feedback about him. Para alam ko rin how he is doing and how I can better help.

poisonivy0325

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:00:07 pm »
Pagkasundo ko sa kanya sa school, tinitingnan ko yung mga assignments niya tapos tinuturuan ko siya. Kailangan lang talaga consistent na bantayan at tulungan ko siya para masanay din siyang mag-aral every day.

mei-mei

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »
For younger children, make sure to guide them in doing their homeworks, and be very encouraging when you answer their seemingly endless questions. They're curious and that makes it the best age to make them learn so many things. Once may iisip na ang kids, train them to be more responsible students by limiting distractions like TV, computer, gadgets, etc.  and teaching them to use their time for studying. Weekends lang dapat ang "distractions". If they're finished with their school work during weekdays, they can read books -- either educational or fictional is ok and much better than playing games in an ipad.

Angelite

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:27 pm »
We study together. I teach him the concepts and not just to memorize the rules. In this way, he appreciates why he needs to learn the subject instead of just 'blindly' learning it.

I think it also helps that we do practice quizzes then I give him small prizes if tama ang sagot. I praise him also to boost his confidence.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 02:49:15 pm »
It's my daughter's first year in school and she enjoys it to bits. Right now, we don't pressure her into learning a lot of stuff although we of course supplement at home. I like that she learns while having fun and through simulations and activities.

I'm a firm believer in 'traditional' things like reading books, playing, and the likes. I limit her TV exposure to 2 hours per day. I also do not have her use an ipad or a tablet although she knows how to use one because we own one. I just dont want to expose her to too much technology at an early age.

hayne22

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »
Hi mommies, hindi ko kasi alam kung saan ko pwedeng i-post tong dilemma ko. pero it has got something to do with studies. my son is turning 4 y.o so kinder 1 na sya ngayon..he's taking OT because of his attitude..may plans na mag ST din sya kasi he's also delay sa speech..

now, ang problema namin is his memorization.. he can't recognize the numbers, he knows how to count from 1-10, minsan 11-20 hindi pa perfect.. minsan pag pinakita mo yung number sa kanya after 10 seconds na balikan namin nakakalimutan na nya..also ganon din sa alphabet..hindi nya pa alam yung alphabet..may week na kumakanta sya ng alphabet song pero since delay sya sa speech nya hindi pa rin maayos..tapos ngayon hindi na nya alam kantahin yun..pero ibang lessons naman alam nya.. like animals, part of the house, mga occupation.. mga ganon alam nya.. hindi ko alam kung pano ko sya tuturuan..naiiyak na lang ako minsan pag nakikita ko syang ganon kasi parang nakakaawa..

mei-mei

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »
Hi hayne22! Have you tried asking for a doctor's opinion re: your son? I think they can better help. Kasi once they can identify what's causing his disinterest in the lesson, the easier it is to address the problem. I hope everything turns out well. :)

edinanne

  • Guest
Re: How do you help your child do better in school?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 11:24:46 am »
We give Fish Oil for kids sa aking mga pamangkin along with their vits. One key in a child's academic performance is their ability to focus. Their supplements give them the proper nutrients while fish oil gives the right amount of DHA and EPA for both mind and body growth. Consistent honor students ang aming mga chikiting without hiring tutors. Motivation lang minsan. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close