Author Topic: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12  (Read 116896 times)

jentotmd

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2015, 10:08:27 am »
^ sis try JJCA. :)

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2015, 01:18:39 am »
i've been a lurker here and have asked almost all the suppliers posted here for their rates and i just realized that they are out of my budget! but photo and video coverage is the only thing where you can reminisce every moment that's why this is one of my non-negotiables.. (i might give up my budget for my bridal gown and just go for RTW for this! haha)

photo

gail bitoon - 70k + 6k Out of town fee until Feb 8 only (magtataas na kasi sya) - nanghihinayang ako sa 15k album.. kaya nagiisip pa ako dito.. kung sana 3 album including the parents pwede.. any feedback how good the layout+album is? or the 100k na complete package (still thinking about the pre-nup kasi Im planning to do it in UK)

manny and april - 65k + 5k Out of town fee - ito na yata pinakasulit ko na nakita na package, complete with parents album and kasama sa Top 10 ng W@W. + 12k for pre-nup

michelle pineda - either cameron package 55k or powell package 75k

I wanted Pat Dy before, I mean I've met him and Francis Perez but they're too expensive kaya na-attract din ako kay Gail knowing na trained sya dun kaso budget wise ako.. im really torn.. sabe ko kasi 150k max nako sa photo and video kaso mukhang malabo...

here are video..

notion in motion - 75k as per one GT sis and highly recommended ni Gail and hindi ko pa pala natanong ang package inclusions but ang ganda ng saab wedding

treehouse story - 100k - 110k - this is splurge.. but okay sige can be considered kasi ang ganda ng aerial shots nila!

cinemaworks - 80k - 100k + 5k Out of town fee, recommended sila ng family friend namen but wala akong nabasa dito sa GT about them

aisle 1401 - hindi pa ako nakapag-tanong dito pero naging interested din ako dahil sa W@W as Top 1 in supplier, any inputs with them and their packages?

who else did I miss? im really after the output kase ito ang magrerecord ng lahat tungkol sa wedding.. help sisses! thank you

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2015, 01:23:07 am »
Go for Treehouse! Madali kausap and creative. :) Treehouse bride here. Pero they have increased their rates. 60k na daw ang prenup, and if malayong out of town, add 15k pa plus accommodation, food and airfare (if applicable). I dieee. In a few years Bob Nicolas level na ang rates nila. We're still getting them though because it was a super gorgeous prenup video that got us to book them for the wedding in the first place. Hehe.

Aisle 1401, honestly, never liked any of their videos sa site, lacks elegance for me. Hindi classy/ glamorous yung dating unlike Mayad or other top videographers. But surprisingly when my friend got them for her wedding, boom, ganda bigla! Kakagulat. But could be because close friend nila. Iba yung gana. Still, kung ganon hit or miss sila.

Chestknots super ok for outdoor / destination weddings :)
You can also check out Toto Villaruel, Filterpan, Camzar (dami may gusto nito altho for me way too yellow), Nicolai Melicor (pero disapproved din to sa fiance ko, sobrang amateur daw ng angles, magttripod nalang daw sya kung ganun lang! Lol).

J Lucas Reyes up until recently i thought was super ok too, kaso when we viewed his photos bakit puro blurred? Yung iba mukha pa blurred. My fiance declined to book him for our prenup tuloy, and im still looking for a prenup photog!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:28:36 am by sparklingjewel »

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2015, 01:41:01 am »
^true ang mahal ni Bob Nicolas kaya hindi ko na din sinulat dito.. regarding 1401 some videos are good some are not kaya talagang nagsscout ako dito.. sige sis check ko yung iba..

How about Paul Vincent? I think he's good? plus may Euro trip sila ng Aug 2015 timing sa date ko baka meant to be to, waiting for their packages.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2015, 02:01:52 am »
^ Glacy_rein,  Cinemaworks is good. My bro and sis-in-law got them for all 2 pre-nup videos. My bro and SIL are picky and got Jason M for their wedding, but happy talaga sila with Cinemaworks pre-nup videos. I almost booked Cinemaworks but when I told my sis-in-law about their current rates nagulat siya because they were so much cheaper in 2013. Their rates increased so much. HEHEH and me being me... ayaw ko na tuloy mag book!!

Anyway, what you can also do is really narrow down your priorities. So I saved by getting a new but able videographer, but booked a top photographer. H2B and I aren't particular about videos as long as the editing is not cheesy or dramatic, but light instead like wedding videos abroad.

My advice is don't be afraid of booking new talents, as long as you do your research and know that they are professional and have good work ethics. All these top suppliers all started small and much cheaper once upon a time! =)

Example: Threelogy in 2005 was only 20k and I didn't hire them because I felt they were low-end even if their work was good. I ended up with a much more expensive supplier that became "laos" by the time Threelogy made it big only several years after the wedding!!  A friend who got married in 2009 didn't get Veejay Floresca because again masyado mura quote niya! Veejay was only asking for 25k that time, and now everyone knows who Veejay is. Last example: Mayad was only about 30k in 2012!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:36:10 am by Chili1113 »

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2015, 02:26:16 am »
^kakacheck ko nga lang sis ng Threelogy and my god they are whooping 135k!

i got your point sis, now nasa isip ko if paul vincent's rate is good plus the london pre-nup package baka sa kanya nako dahil wala nakong hirap na maghanap sa UK ng photographer so very convenient and then the video ang hindi ko alam... cheapest na maganda na nakita ko now is Notion in Motion and Cinemaworks, I wonder if nagdidiscount sila sa mga Bridal Fair? or do they even attend?

lahat halos ng videographer na nasearch ko more than 50k talaga ang package e..

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2015, 05:15:12 am »
I'm a Cinemaworks + J Lucas Reyes Bride and I highly recommend both!  Both teams are very professional and amazingly talented! Super dali nilang kausap and katrabaho, wala ding kaarte arte  ;)  Napaka-friendly nila and hindi sila nakakaintimidate.  I watched/browsed hundreds of portfolios when I was still doing the preps and what sold me to book them is yung mga shots nila with ordinary looking/imperfect people (like us!) as their subjects.  Kahit na hindi artista or mukhang artista ang subject nila, their work speaks elegance and beauty.  Cinemaworks is very consistent with their videos too, lahat maganda but still unique on it's own unlike sa iba, merong maganda meron ding hindi..  I don't know, maybe it's just me basta I love them to bits!  ;)

I wonder if nagdidiscount sila sa mga Bridal Fair? or do they even attend?

Sis - Cinemaworks do attend Bridal Fairs, I saw on their FB page they were at the last month's fair.. I'm just not sure what they offer during such..  :)

LuckyMe!

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2015, 09:10:27 am »
thank you for the suggestions. i sent email to some suppliers na. Manny and April are good but really out of budget na. 35k without prenup is too much for us. :( will try VidLens too. Mura daw sila e, ok na rin SDEs nila. Pero other than VidLens and Dreamechanics, may suggestion pa kayo for video?

Hi sis rubymae, try to inquire sa P/V ko in my wedding on May. They're Peekxel Photo-Video Production. May mga packages sila na pasok sa requirements and budget mo. They can also customize their package for you, I got a customized package with them. Happy preps.

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2015, 09:53:22 am »
Go for Treehouse! Madali kausap and creative. :) Treehouse bride here. Pero they have increased their rates. 60k na daw ang prenup, and if malayong out of town, add 15k pa plus accommodation, food and airfare (if applicable). I dieee. In a few years Bob Nicolas level na ang rates nila. We're still getting them though because it was a super gorgeous prenup video that got us to book them for the wedding in the first place. Hehe.

Aisle 1401, honestly, never liked any of their videos sa site, lacks elegance for me. Hindi classy/ glamorous yung dating unlike Mayad or other top videographers. But surprisingly when my friend got them for her wedding, boom, ganda bigla! Kakagulat. But could be because close friend nila. Iba yung gana. Still, kung ganon hit or miss sila.

Chestknots super ok for outdoor / destination weddings :)
You can also check out Toto Villaruel, Filterpan, Camzar (dami may gusto nito altho for me way too yellow), Nicolai Melicor (pero disapproved din to sa fiance ko, sobrang amateur daw ng angles, magttripod nalang daw sya kung ganun lang! Lol).

J Lucas Reyes up until recently i thought was super ok too, kaso when we viewed his photos bakit puro blurred? Yung iba mukha pa blurred. My fiance declined to book him for our prenup tuloy, and im still looking for a prenup photog!

Hi sis! Mukang pareho tayo ng taste when it comes to photo/vid. I got the same observations:) i also like the treehousestory but they are way too expensive for us!! 100k right? Nagbibigay ba sila ng discounts? Any other videographers that has the same style but cheaper?

As for the photog, we are also eyeing for Chestknots or J Lucas Reyes. But Im still not that convinced. I like Chestknots for morning photos, pero pag night, some of his shots look oily hehe. As for J Lucas Reyes, I havent seen any blurred shots by him, but Im not a fan of B&W photos. Who do you end up with sis?

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2015, 10:01:31 am »
I'm a Cinemaworks + J Lucas Reyes Bride and I highly recommend both!  Both teams are very professional and amazingly talented! Super dali nilang kausap and katrabaho, wala ding kaarte arte  ;)  Napaka-friendly nila and hindi sila nakakaintimidate.  I watched/browsed hundreds of portfolios when I was still doing the preps and what sold me to book them is yung mga shots nila with ordinary looking/imperfect people (like us!) as their subjects.  Kahit na hindi artista or mukhang artista ang subject nila, their work speaks elegance and beauty.  Cinemaworks is very consistent with their videos too, lahat maganda but still unique on it's own unlike sa iba, merong maganda meron ding hindi..  I don't know, maybe it's just me basta I love them to bits!  ;)

Sis - Cinemaworks do attend Bridal Fairs, I saw on their FB page they were at the last month's fair.. I'm just not sure what they offer during such..  :)

How much si J Lucas sis?

Got a reply from Paul Vincent and the UK pre-nup is at 60k.. he offers a PVP+CCC (im still asking who are they) photo and video tie up for 150k plus the UK pre-nup 60k I am way overboard! But by researching they said he has a good eye with candid shots and that's what I need because my husband is a bit grumpy when it comes to photography! haha!

Now I am really confused..

Anyone here who got Phoeben Teocson Video services? I love the video of Kathryn's 18th birthday.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2015, 10:15:04 am »
^^Sis unfortunately Treehouse does not give discounts, 100-110k na talaga rate nila. They also took out their SDE only option (90k, 95k if Tagaytay) which is what I booked a few months ago.
Their prenup went from 40k base rate to 60k, but again I got the old rate. I feel though na warranted naman yung rates nila, they are very talented, catch up quite fast on trends, and have a unique, more creative style (Im not so classic because I dont want a video that already looks like every other video).

Im not sure sis who has the same style as Treehouse, pero if you want more classic/ less creative, less glamourous, I think Notion in Motion is worth their price. Sila second choice ko...it just came down to style and uniqueness for me so i chose Treehouse. Note though that I never considered the likes of JMagbanua, Mayad, Bob, etc kasi for me overpriced na masyado--im sure theyre really good, but I cant afford na :)
On the other hand, masyado naman na malayo yung class ng iba--- Zoombox, Blacktie, Aisle 1401, etc for me so i also didnt go down to that tier either. Minsan kasi too fun/ casual na parang hindi naman wedding.

For photo i got Chestknots. Not worried about night shots-- di ko naman balak paabutin late night yung shots, mostly preps, cocktails, reception lang. The talent for outdoor shooting is more impt to me, lalo na garden reception ako. J Lucas Reyes, wala e i cant consider na for prenup kasi ayaw talaga ni fiance...i did see 3-4 blurred photos when he pointed it out. My fiance is a budding photog too kaya he is very particular hehe.

pilates

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2015, 02:00:11 pm »
Any feedbacks sa vidlens productions? Ok naman sdes nila for me but i mean their reliability since theyre new pa ata sa industry

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2015, 02:47:52 pm »
^sis glacy_rein
How much is your budget for your photo/video supplier? If you're looking at getting good quality photos without hurting the budget, I'd say go for manny+april. They have budget friendly rates, and di ka magsasawang tumingin sa photos. They are husband-wife tandem too saka both are architects by profession so kung tamang angle lang paguusapan..they're good at it. My cousin got PVP as their main photographer and MAP as auxiliaries (when they're newbies pa) but guess which shots are loved by many?? :)

If you're planning for a prenup in Europe, is it really 60k only for PVP? what if plus wedding coverage how much are they askin? :)

AngelSings

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:47 pm »
Sis glacy_rein check for 45k ni Michelle Pineda. You might find it fitting all your photo needs. Upto this week lang ata

Pero ask lang Kung ok ba si Michelle Pineda? Kasi may nag nag comment sakin na sine arch Nya it seems yellowish photo Nya.. I don't know if sa certain theme or Lahat. Recommended siya?

Also do I need cinematic highlights sa video?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:09:13 pm by AngelSings »

momniloisse

  • Guest

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2015, 09:18:13 pm »
^ sis i also considered michelle pineda because of her good reviews and experience since galing siya well known team of photographers, plus her rates are really affordable.

nag back out lang ako when i saw the raw photos of a friend's wedding that she covered. observation ko lang, parang hirap siya sa night photos, mostly blurred yung shots. portraits din niya medyo off yung focus. maganda mga kuha niya sa umaga pero nung wala ng natural light hindi na masyadong okay.

but still, i like her style kasi she's more natural lang and not too posy. if you're not specific about the things i mentioned above, go na :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:19:53 pm by bzbee »

chiarm

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:13 pm »
Any feedbacks sa vidlens productions? Ok naman sdes nila for me but i mean their reliability since theyre new pa ata sa industry

What do you mean by reliability? Nasa Supplier Review thread experience ko with them and we have a lot of other brides here na sila din kinuha :)

AngelSings

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »
Sis bzbee I am having an indoor well lighted na venue, pag ganun ok ba? Also if out of 100 ilang shots ang blurred? Chuch shots Nya ok naman?

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2015, 10:30:55 pm »
@belle_v2g

Before 70k lang iniisip ko na budget but now I am open to 150k for photo and video kaso parang kulang pa din! wah! (pero super splurge na beyond this). I've seen manny and april's kaya nag-inquire din ako and sulit sila sa package na 65k, ok ba sila for candid shots too? plus factor na nag-top sila sa W@W.

PVP is asking for 60k for pre-nup in UK alone, if i-avail ang wedding itself nasa premium package yung may pre-nup na 165k + 40k for UK since out of the country so whooping 205k agad sa photo lang. may PVPlite package sya+video ni Chug Cadiogan pero naghihintay pa ako kung pwede na si Phoeben Teocson nalang since they are good friends pero hindi pa nagrereply sakin, yan 150k.

But now naiisip ko why not get Manny & April at 65k tapos Phoeben Teocson (nakita ko while browsing PVPs IG and ang ganda ng cover nila for Kathryn's 18th and others, damang dama) 75k sila sa basic package so pasok ako sa budget.. Pero wait nagtataka ako.. yung wedding video ngayon sadyang maiigsi na? hindi na uso yung mga 1hr? iba pa sa SDE to..

i have to check notion in motion's packages din.. golly magulong magulo isip ko..

but re-considering pre-nup with PVP in UK
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:55:03 pm by glacy_rein »

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: All About Photographers and Videographers Part 12
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »
hi sis glacy_rein, are you in the UK, I am London-based myself, if you don't mind getting photographers from London, if kung prenup photos lang ang gusto mo na mas mura ng konti.  I know a group.  Before they were based in Norwich, but they have moved to London. 

Depends on how much is your budget as well for photos and videographers in the Philippines.  There is Randolf Evans, I really liked his shots, unfortunately kasi eh 45k na sya without prenup photos pa. But if you're okay with his budget, he is very easy to talk to. Replies immediately to messages sent in fb.   But, we really needed to set a budget.  ;D  We are happy with Bliss and Berries, I haven't seen a lot of praises from them here sa GT but judging from their outputs that are published online, we approve.  They do photo and video.  My fiance is quite choosy when it comes to photos and videos because he is also an amateur photographer,  and since he approved of Bliss and berries kaya okay na ko.  We availed of their blackberry package.  Their rates are published in their website.  Ka tie up sila ng Black tie project.  Sila ang junior team.  Hope this helps

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close