watch now

Author Topic: Ordering from US  (Read 16193 times)

anniegurl

  • Guest
Ordering from US
« on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:38 pm »
Hi sisses.

Ill be ordering most of my baby stuff from the states, can you give me tips kung ano yung mga sulit bilhin from there? i Noticed kasi parang mahal mga damit kung oorderin.

Thanks

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:39 pm »
Hi sis, we're definitely buying a stroller from the US (Britax B-Agile 4) kasi ang taas ng dagdag nila sa mothercare dito (x2 ng presyo sa US) saka mas maganda features nung nasa US (based sa reviews). Isa din yung Ergocarrier...pero nagcocompare ako ng US vs. HK prices ah...

anniegurl

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:29:53 am »
sis from which site ka mag oorder? amazon or walmart? kasi parang konti ang choices sa walmart.

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 06:55:16 am »
Yung stroller na yun sis sa toys r us ako magorder kasi wala sa amazon eh...exclusively sold at babies r us lang siya. Pero mga accessories nung stroller (rain cover, foot muff, mosquito net) and other stuff sa amazon ako bibili kasi 99% of the time free shipping to my MyUS.com address sa Florida. Yung ergo carrier sa amazon :-) nakakaaliw din kasi may app yung amazon..madaming reviews kaya nakakabasa ako ng pros and cons at mapapakita ko sa asawa ko :-)

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 07:35:35 am »
I also bought majority of my daughter's stuff from the US. Babiesrus.com, talagang I clicked on parang lahat na ata... from feeding, clothing to bedding... tapos I also went on carters.com, gap.com

mas di hamak kasi na mura sila kesa dito sa Australia. So talagang I hoarded

chimponzi

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:09:43 pm »
clothes, i buy from carter's when they have good deals like discounts, free shipping, extra xx% off on clearance, etc. i also buy from toysrus, babiesrus, diapers.com. sa diapers.com, they used to have a coupon before na for new users, they take 20% on your total purchase.

stoller din.. we bought our stokke in the US because it's waaaaay cheaper. 

thermometer, infant grooming kit, sulit doon. yung safety first na na nabili ko sa US grooming kit nasa PhP800 lang tapos dito nasa PhP2000+. laki ng difference.

before you buy, try to look for coupons in the internet. take advantage din of amazon prime free trial if you haven't availed yet because of the free 2 day shipping (lalo na if you have planned your target purchases and alloted a budget to buy whatever is on your list. the amazon prime free trial is only good for a month). menos gastos din yun free shipping. :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:14:23 pm by chimponzi »

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 02:25:24 pm »
I bought stroller, car seat, wooden cot, pack n play, clothes, towels, wipes, breastpump etc all from the us. Ang binili ko lang here is crib sheets and waterproof mattress cover.

nikki

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 10:38:01 pm »
All my baby's stuff I bought from the US (clothes, feeding bottles, warmer, sterilizer, bath / toiletries, stroller, changing pad, rocker, booster seat, even a few organic baby food, car seat, etc.). Even stuff I needed like disposable breast pads, milk bags, breast pump, diaper bags, etc.. Kung pwede lang pati diapers, lol :)

I bought stuff mostly from amazon, Carter's/Oshkosh, babies r us.. Had it shipped at my parents house and they send the box/es to me. 

Wooden crib and mattress lang we bought from rustans.

Adam1025

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 11:23:45 pm »
How about bulky items like playpen, kasya ba yun sa normal na balikbayan box? I have a friend kasi sa US plan ko sa kanila ipa-ship then ipa-box na lang nila, malabo na kasi ako mag-avail sa pobox.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 12:09:26 am »
Wooden crib ko pina ship ko from the states. Umabot ako 90 usd for the fee. Yung box ng stroller ko costs me 60usd since irregular din yung size. Mas mura kung yung pack n play since it is significantly smaller but it would depend on courier.

_AiaH_

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 11:40:58 pm »
^ sis ano ginagamit nila courier to ship it here sa philippines? lalo na yung stroller. kasi nakita ko folded dimension ng travel system ng graco, masyado malaki. parang 150usd+ yata quote nila sakin sa shipping.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 07:35:48 am »
I used 4a's cargo. I dunno kung meron sa ibang states pero i shipped mine from california. Pinapick up ko nalang yung items sa house ng in laws ko. Pag irregular size meron silang computation for length×width×height. I asked Atlas shippers too pero they charge waay more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:38:51 am by vain_kixie »

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:45:32 am »
With my second baby I'm purchasing all if not majority of his items from the US. Not only is it cheaper but I like the quality better.

Clothing I buy from carters, I check regularly for sales - especially the additional discount on clearance items. I was able to buy a pack of 5 onesies for 8-9$ only. Sets for around the same price.

All other items - BM storage bottles, diaper cream, etc I purchased from Amazon.

I will also be buying his stroller from Amazon - the brand and stroller I want isn't available locally.

My daughter's carseat was purchased from Amazon as well and I use PO Box for shipment. Shipping fees were pretty expensive as the box was odd shaped but it turned out to be the same price as what I would have paid in Rustan's. Rustan's just didn't have the model I was looking for.

You get free shipping on Amazon if your order is over $35 (must be fulfilled/sold by Amazon so do check who the vendor is). With Carter's you usually get free shipping for orders over $50.

Downside lang is that sometimes they send the wrong item so you really can't check and return (unless you have it delivered to a relative who can check for you). I once ordered Orzo pasta and they sent me Pastini. But I only got my box like 2 months later so I couldn't do anything anymore.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 11:17:17 am »
Carter's online ba naga-accept ng PH credit card?

Gusto ko din sana The Children's Place online, dun ako naka-hoard ng $2 items last Feb when we went to US. Pati mga pamangkin nabilhan ko ng madaming stuff.. E di pwede ang PH cc sa online shopping nila..

lakwatsa

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »
same question kami ni sis bagaholic_chewy, nag a-accept ba sila ng mga PH-issued credit cards?? gusto ko rin i-take advantage na mag order from the US tapos ipadeliver na lang sa bahay ni SIL para si SIL na lang magpa box dito sa pinas.  :D

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 01:24:13 pm »
I've only been successful with Carters and Amazon when using my PH card. Target and Old Navy don't accept PH issued cards so I haven't been able to buy. If I really need something - I ask my brother to buy for me instead.

nikki

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 07:22:37 pm »
The children's place do not accept PH credit cards unfortunately. Babies r us do..  I agree, Carter's did send a wrong item to me once.  Good thing it's just one pair of shoe. Funny thing my mom did not even tell me it's a girl shoe while ang apo niya eh boy :)  nakarating na sa kin sa Manila ang box before I found out.

We have been shipping boxes through Atlas shippers for over 10yrs now. If I remember correctly, our maclaren techno XLR cost $75 (or $70) shipping fee. Still way cheaper bought in US (plus shipping) than buying it here in Manila.

evilwoman

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 07:55:40 pm »
So far,nakabili na ako sa amazon, old navy, carter's, children's place, rl, walmart. Ph issued card lang. Sa target pa lang di inaccept cc ko.

Before ako manganak, namili na ko ng damit hanggang pang 18months. Toys ng bata sa amazon ako bumili although meron mga sale na nagpatumpik-tumpik pa ako at naubos ang stocks, laking panghihinayang ko.mga bottle brush at nipples namili na din ako kasi mahal dito. Supplements ng panganay ko online ko din binili.

chimponzi

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 08:44:57 pm »
carter's, they accept PH issued cards. ako nga, gamit ko bpi ePrepaid. sometimes, your order will be put on hold because you need to confirm your billing add. what i do, if the status doesn't get updated in 3 days, i email them or chat with them (they have this feature on their website. you need to stay in the page for like 5 mins for the chat button to appear). ayun, if there's a problem with your order, you'll know agad.

preggygielian

  • Guest
Re: Ordering from US
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 04:11:39 pm »
Hello mga sis, Naglagay ako sa cart ko sa Carter's ng mga 18 items (mostly body suits saka pants lang yan - winter baby kasi eh)...inabot ako almost USD300...napapaisip ako tuloy..is it really cheaper to shop on their site kesa sa Amazon? In the coming weeks ang check ko naman ang prices ng mga damit kasi alam ko may Carter's warehouse dito sa HK pero hahanapin ko pa saka meron din daw sa Stanley market na maraming baby clothes.

Nakapagdecide na kami na stroller sa US bibili kasi x2 talaga ang price dito saka iba pa ang features nung andito (baka regional?) tapos ang Graco pack N' play naman, almost x2 din pero sa bigat ng playard at through myUS.com (air cargo) di namin mababawi sa shipping from US kaya sa toys r us nalang kami bibili. Baka meron sa inyo pupunta dito sa HK for vacation, sa Toys R Us sa Windsor House sa Causeway Bay nakadisplay ang 3 pack n plays ranging from HKD749-1199 (on sale til Oct 12!) pag hindi sale...dagdag lang ng HKD100.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close