watch now

Author Topic: Yaya of your baby  (Read 7838 times)

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Yaya of your baby
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »
How much is the current salary of your baby's yaya? Also whats the scope of her job aside from taking care of your baby? Does she have to wash and iron your baby's clothes or the other helper would do that instead? Currently i take care of our baby and our helper washes and irons my baby's clothes. Pero hindi ko na kaya mag isa so i'll get a yaya na but i dunno if si helper parin dapat mag asikaso ng clothes ni baby. If the baby wakes up at the wee hours of the night who takes care and of the baby, si yaya parin ba? 

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 01:20:48 pm »
I just got a new yaya after 6 months of being yaya-less.

Eversince naman, our yaya is just there to fix our daughter's things, look after her when we're at work, wash my daughter's clothes, make sure she's not pinapawisan etc. Whenever we're home from work, we do everything -- bathing, feeding, putting her to sleep, etc.

My daughter's a preschooler now and part of the yaya's duties will be to acocmpany her to school. Actually nasanay na naman my daughter na walang kasama sa school bus but she feels alone and left out. Since wala naman gagawin si yaya because we also have another helper, samahan na lang nya anak ko.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »
Currently I pay my yaya 7K per month. She looks after my daughter fulltime - her sole responsibility is to care for my daughter lang. Laundry of clothes, ironing, prep of food, the HH does all of that, tough sometimes when my daughter is with me, yaya will help to iron, clean and cook also. I work odd hours so my daughter sleeps in her own room with yaya so yes, if she gets up at night, yaya is the one to look after her.

I work from home, but work long hours, sometimes my telecons are back to back for 6-7 hours straight. Sometimes my daughter will play by my side but if it's an important meeting (especially if I'm facilitating or presenting) I have my yaya take her.

With our upcoming second baby, the current yaya will become the newborn's yaya. The HH will become my daughter's yaya. Planning on paying the HH 5K and it will be her sole responsibility to look after my daughter. We plan to get another all around for other tasks.

nikki

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:10:22 pm »
Current salary of my 2 yayas is 5k, but hubby and I are talking about increasing it soon.  They look after my boys when they wake up in the morning up until bedtime. I put my babies to sleep and they co-sleep with me since my hubby works the night shift. Yaya takes care of the feeding (I cook, sometimes our all-around does the cooking), bathing, afternoon nap, cleaning of the nursery, laundry/steaming, cleaning of feeding bottles, sippy cup..

baby_peanut

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 02:29:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback mga sis. Kailangan ko din ng taga alaga for my son kapag natapos na ang ML ko. Sayang yung kausap ni MIL biglang nag abroad.

Mga sis san nyo mga nakilala mga yaya nyo? Kamag anak or kakilala? Any recommended agency for hiring a yaya? Ang hirap kasi magtiwala ngayon, uso pa naman kidnapping ngayon. Last resort ko talaga is magresign kapag wala akong makitang yaya.  :-\

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:41:51 pm »
Same question as sis peanut. San kaya okay na agency?... i know its a hit or miss kahit sa agency but i prefer someone who has experience na. Nagiging monster/super sungit ko na because im the only one taking care of my baby. Sometimes hubby helps me but most of the time ako lang and i need ME time naman noh.

The cousin of my hubby is super lucky with her yaya. Imagine she was the one who potty trained the child and super bait nung yaya (came from an agency). She pays her 7k now at 2 years old, dati nung newborn 5k. Yun nga lang super maka-yaya yung niece ni hubby. As in pag umiiyak, doesnt call her mom but calls her yaya.

baby_peanut

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
Aww. Dapat talaga kahit may yaya, andyan pa din tayo to guide our child. Masakit isipin na mas pinipili ni baby yung yaya kesa sating mga nanay.  :'(

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »
^That's true sis. Kaya samin, maswerte ang yaya to the point na kinatatamaran nila work nila kase everytime we're home, wala sila talagang gagawin. Kame talaga nagaasikaso sa anak ko.

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:43 am »
I just got a yaya from the agency referred by my friend.  Basta guys, don't ever get from EL SHADDIAN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY.  I got my all around from them, and she told me that the owner, Myra and Jun don't really have a screening process. 

Under DOLE, legit agencies should ask recruit/ yaya/ maid to give birth certificate, NBI as well as Medical Certificate.  Napatawad ko when they gave me a super arte yaya na that same night I had to ask her to leave, kaya lang yung replacement na binigay sakin bleeds for a month (according to my HH), and has tuberculosis/ pneumonia according to her lab results.  D*** it!!  Napaka pabaya nila 6k halos inabot ng binayad namin sa agency nila.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 01:31:51 pm »
Scary!!! Nakakainis yan mga ganyan agency those yayas will handle infants tapos ganyan. How arte was the previous yaya? Its really a hit or miss when it comes to agencies. Well ganun din naman sa referrals. I hope to get a yaya soon.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 05:41:30 pm »
My mom was telling me that the rates of newborn yayas in the binondo area can go up to 10-15K! Everyone just pirates yayas by raising the rates :( Kaya I don't really want my yaya hanging out at my daughter's school as she could be pirated.

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 05:36:13 pm »
Scary!!! Nakakainis yan mga ganyan agency those yayas will handle infants tapos ganyan. How arte was the previous yaya? Its really a hit or miss when it comes to agencies. Well ganun din naman sa referrals. I hope to get a yaya soon.

I understand naman na hit or miss, pero to not even ask for a medical when the freakin admin fee is 4500 plus 20% so almost 6k initial cash layout, i think that's super sh***y.

The first yaya Dolor has been with El shaddian na tambay for a long time na, in short, reject siya by other employers.  And we were just in dire need of a yaya because I just gave birth lang that time so we took the risk.  She didn't have medical with her, and when I ask her if she can wash nalang baby clothes, kasi we only have 1 all around and if ever 1 yaya para she can help out naman.  Aba, ayaw!  Never daw niya ginawa yun and she told me to ask for a replacement na lang - at 9pm?  I will make nalang a separate post regarding my experience with El Shaddian so hopefully ma avoid na sila.  The name of the owners are myra and jun. 

khriseeee

Overprice naman ang 15k.  At that rate, better narin to get a nurse nalang than a yaya na you don't even know kung may experience ba talaga or wala.  May nag apply sakin now, mabilis naman matuto pero hindi talaga siya marunong when I got her and I have a feeling she might eventually go back to Oman.  Nagiipon lang siguro ng placement fee.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 06:27:17 pm »
Everyone just pirates yayas by raising the rates :( Kaya I don't really want my yaya hanging out at my daughter's school as she could be pirated.

This is true, Khriseeee. My daughter's school directress advised me against having a yaya wait for my daughter in the lobby kase puro chismisan na ginagawa, napapa-pirate pa.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 08:41:46 am »
Grabe naman that yaya Dolor. Isnt it supposed to be under their job discription, to wash baby's clothes, bottles etc? I also agree that 15k is too much. Id get a nurse with that amount. I think most good yayas are already abroad. 

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Yaya of your baby
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:53 pm »
vain_kixie

Exactly my point!  Walang pakisama and unfair for us kasi she should have informed us before we paid na she has limitations, and the agency should not have given her to us if they were thinking of our welfare.  Imagine, she knew that I have just given birth and she was already stressing me out?  The husband of the owner is bastos pa. 

So far, except for the bf issues of my current yaya, she is not bad at all. I just have to chika with her about her bf issues and she's good with my baby.  Matiyaga nga magbuhat, spoiled na kasi si baby in that way.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close