Author Topic: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)  (Read 117940 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #560 on: February 03, 2016, 04:04:56 pm »
^altheabride, Chili1113, It's true, kind of a humbling experience din ang preps... because sometimes no matter how hands on you are, there are things that will happen on the day that you'll no longer be able to control.  Sometimes your cheap suppliers will pleasantly perform well on the day and the ones you least expect to, do. I had a load of smaller suppliers who really pulled through and we were super happy with them. Some had mixed reviews but ended up ok naman. And then you have reputable ones who weren't "perfect". Mataas expectations ko rin sa kanila so konting mali I notice. But ganon talaga eh, you just try to be OC during preps to prepare for the best possible result, but it will not be perfect. Anyone who says perfect ang wedding nya, well then siya na. Hahahah! But ako i am just sharing the reality because i owe this forum a lot. :)

In fairness to Sensitivity, Meanne herself met with us and Kutchie beforehand and they were ok to deal with regarding payments. Pero i wouldnt go all bridezilla on her during the wedding itself.

tulip0419

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #561 on: February 05, 2016, 10:27:50 am »
Hi!  Can I get the email address for 5th Element Lights and Sounds?  I left a pm on their FB but no reply. I live abroad kasi.. Thanks!

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:03 pm »

After more than a month of being married and adjusting to married life, I finally have the time to rate my suppliers. But first of all, I’d like to thank all the beautiful brides and brides to be who have helped each and one of us to make our weddings, and wedding preps as well, more memorable. And to all those friends I have gained here at gt, thank you as well. Here are my ratings:

CHURCH: Santuario de San Jose 5/5

There was a personal reason why we booked this church. We both had our confirmation at this church when we were in grade school. During my younger years, I thought San Jose was St. John the Baptist. I know, so stupid of me. When I came to realize that it was St. Joseph, I immediately told my fiancé that we are getting married in that church. Go book it! Hahaha! St. Joseph is known as the patron saint of good husbands. So there.

We were given the option to upgrade the flowers since flowers coming from the church were very minimal. Fortunately, there were three weddings that day and one of us, upgraded church flowers. I instantly had a flower arc while walking down the aisle.

RECEPTION: Crowne Plaza 4/5 

Venue: Ballroom A

This is the biggest ballroom that Crowne has. Very spacious and had high ceilings. The problem was, to make the ambience more intimate, since this place can hold up to 500 guests and we only have half of that, ceilings should be fully draped and styling had to be upgraded. Ergo, extra cost.

Food (c/o Crowne)

I was only able to eat during my retouch inside our room. Just the soup and salad and I can say they’re really good. When we asked our guests how the food was, they all said it was delish and that they enjoyed it.

Cake: Wedding Concepts (part of the package)

I’m not very particular with this. I just chose a design from their catalogue, flavor of cake and that’s it .

Bridal Car: Trans Abi (part of the package)

Again, not much importance on this part. As long as I will be at my destination on time, safe and sound then that’s good for me.

Styling and Entourage Flowers: Angelo’s Flowershop (in-house florist)

I upgraded the basic styling that was included in the package to compensate for the high ceiling of the ballroom. Also, I got my ento flowers from Angelo’s but not included in the package. I don’t want too many suppliers to follow up on. Flowers are also not a big deal for me. As long as they look fresh and descent, then they’re A ok.

Hotel Preps: Crowne Plaza (part of the package)

The only problem I had with Crowne was checking in the day before. I checked in late, around 5pm. The room given to me was what was said in the contract, an executive suite with executive floor benefits. At first, the front desk told me that there was no executive floor benefits. I was ok with that. But when I entered my room, the view was that of the mall’s roof which looked like a factory. Niloko pa ako ng brother ko na factory nga daw view ng room. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind that kind of view but this is my wedding. Photographers will be taking pictures of every view, angle they could take and I don’t want to see a factory-like view in my wedding album.  I went down to the front desk a couple of times asking to be given a room with a nice view.  Booked na daw, or madowngrade yung room na available with a nice view. Until I couldn’t hold it any further and burst into tears. Hanggang ngayon, natatawa ako kapag naaalala ko. I said (verbatim) “Ma’am kasal ko bukas, pagod na pagod na ako these past few days. Yung stress level ko sobrang taas na, please naman. “  But in a very mahinahon way because pagod na talaga ako. I guess she got scared of me and gave me what I was asking for.


PHOTOGRAPHER and VIDEOGRAPHER: Daniel Lei Studio 5/5

Every time someone asks me who my photographer will be, I get the same reaction or question from them. Sino siya? There was a time I got scared because since my p/v is not so known, I assumed maybe they’re not that good. I gave my fiancé the burden of choosing our p/v kasi nahihilo na ako kakapili. So when he decided to get Daniel Lei, I didn’t oppose his decision.

I was happy with the outcome of our prenup and wedding photos and videos. They exceeded my expectation. I also learned something from them, backlight. Hahaha! Also, their team is composed of young pros and I felt so at ease posing in front of the camera for them. Feels like your friends are taking your pictures.

They were also the ones who arrived first at the hotel. I was still in my PJs when they arrived. Very professional talaga si Mr. Daniel and his team.

ON-THE-DAY COORDINATION: Events and Elements 4/5

Bon is a very pleasant person. Well-mannered, and the way she speaks, very gentle and relaxing. During my meetings with her prior to the wedding, I felt very at ease and that’s what I like about her. I gave her a 4 because of a few incident lang naman. Nagkamali sa line-up during the processional, nagkulang sa room ng groom yung food during lunch and my assistant, she was helpful but maybe she needs to be trained more in assisting brides.

But as a whole, Bon and her team did a good job. Yung picture taking with the guests, I was surprised na natapos ng mabilis.

HOST: Moxx De Vera 5/5

I booked Moxx few months before my wedding. I read about him through gt and texted him immediately. I didn’t realize na I saw him already where I used to work. Anyway, he was a good MC and is very articulate. He also doesn’t have the typical matining voice of female MCs (although not all female MCs have matining voice, mostly lang).

BRIDAL GOWN: Mel Orlina 4/5

Mel created a beautiful gown that enhanced what has to be enhanced and hide what needs to be hidden. hehe. Good job in terms of the gown. I got a lot of compliments thanks to her. The only problem was, I was supposed to have bridal assistance during my wedding. It was stated in her sketch, which serves as her contract na din. Her assistants were supposed to dress me on my wedding day. Come my last fitting, I was told that they will just deliver the gown the night before the wedding at my preps area because Dec 30 is a holiday. It was written on her sketch na dec 30 wedding day ko and all those fittings that I had, she didn’t mention it to me except during my last fitting. Anyway, I was fine with it until my wedding day. Medyo nahirapan bridesmaids and even my photographers na tanggalin yung gown sa bodyform and isuot sakin. Also, I deposited 3k for the bodyform and will be given back to me once I return the bodyform to her shop. I emailed her and told her na I will return the bodyform maybe last week of Jan or first week of Feb because I was busy with our new home and then honeymoon after. Then I got a reply saying forfeited na yung deposit and that I should’ve returned the bodyform 1 week after the wedding. Medyo off lang dito. First, I wasn’t informed that I should return the bodyform right after the wedding or 1 week at most. I was only told to return the bodyform. Second, it would be hard to do so because newlyweds usually take a break after the wedding, go to their honeymoon right away or in my case, attend to their new home and then honeymoon. Ang problem lang, what to do with the bodyform. I have no intentions of becoming a designer someday naman. hehe.

ENTOURAGE GOWN: Nino Angeles 5/5

I liked all of my ento’s gowns. They all looked good both in person and in pictures. Some of my older colleagues were even asking where I had my ento gowns made. Magpapagawa din daw sila for their upcoming events.

BARONG: Lumban, Laguna 5/5

Both our families had their barongs made at Lumban, Laguna. In terms of pricing, they’re way cheaper than what we have here in Manila. Very sulit the long trip especially if you’re buying a lot of barongs.

HMUA: Justine Navato 6/5

He’s my most favorite amongst all my suppliers. I initially booked another hmua but had a change of heart. I already mentioned him several times in the HMUA thread but still, I love love my look during my wedding day. A lot of my friends and guests during the wedding asked who my hmua was. One of my guests already booked him for prenup.

PHOTOBOOTH: Flipbooks 5/5

 Our guests had fun with this especially the kids. Worth it.

INVITATIONS: Wink 5/5

We wanted it to be simple, and of course affordable and wink is the best option for that. Affordable rates, office is near my place and simple yet classic designs. Our AE was very attentive to my details and concerns.

BAND FOR CEREMONY AND RECEPTION: SOUND SALAD 6/5

They were so good! Especially the singer for the ceremony. I didn’t specify songs to be sung during the ceremony except for the entourage and bridal march. But when the female singer sang the prayer during communion yata, grabe talaga yung galing. Gusto ko na lumingon sa likod at silipin yung singer e.

PRINCIPAL SPONSORS FAVORS: Leather passport holder by Leather Fellow

My fiancé stumbled upon leather fellow while searching for anything leather. I then checked her work and ang ganda talaga ng mga gawa niya. Bags, wallets, basta everything leather. I even tried to order a simple tote for myself but unfortunately, she doesn’t accept orders as of the moment dahil natambakan na daw siya ng orders.

LIQUOR: S&R 5/5 and Duty Free  4/5

We bought Asti Spumante and Johnnie Walker for adult guests. Initially, my fiancé then bought 15 bottles at duty free. Then a week later, he went to s&r and found out that prices at s&r are 1/3 of that of duty free.

WEDDING RINGS: Luvi Jewelry 5/5

Very good quality, good craftsmanship and honest transaction. Didn’t have any problem with Geraldine.

SUPPLIER’S MEALS: ARMY NAVY (BFAST), KENNY ROGER’S (LUNCH), c/o Crowne (Dinner) 5/5

 Army navy serves good bfast pala, I didn’t know. I was supposed to buy Mcdo for bf but my brother insisted on Army Navy. Ok naman pala. For lunch, I just gave money to my coordinator and instructed them to order from Kenny Rogers. Then dinner, came from the buffet.


sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2016, 07:42:43 am »
Unfair yung dressform :( I returned mine to my designer like 3 weeks na after my wedding and she had no complaints. I also wasnt charged any deposit.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:29 pm »
@mdnextdoor-  how much did mel rent the bodyform out?

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »
@sparklingjewel yes, kind of unfair and i was supposed to have bridal assistance as per my contract/sketch. If I only the assistants were there to help me dress up, then I wouldn't have any problems returning the bodyform because they would have brought it with them after dressing me up.

@missus o, i deposited 3k for it.

ece

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »
Finally, nakapag sulat din.

10- highest
5- think twice before booking

January 9, 2016

Church: St Martin of Tours, Camp Capinpin - no rating. our home town's Church. All our requests were granted naman. hindi sila strict given the fact na sa loob siya ng camp.

Reception and Preps: Sierra Madre Hotel and Resort: (10)
PROS: we got the Sierra Madre Hall, masyado malaki for our 150 guests pero okay na din. evening yung reception, inside the hall, hindi malamig, pero outside, kelangan ng jacket. they cater 1 event per day. super mabait si Ate Cha.
CONS: medyo hindi lang picturesque yung loob ng rooms nila for preps.  Medyo mainit din kahit may AC.

Caterer and Reception Styling: Madel's Cuisine (9)
PROS:  Masarap ang food! One of our ninong said he asked for their Spanish Caldereta 3x! and my niece naman loved their buko pandan jelo.
CONS: Less 1 point lang sa styling, they did not follow my requested peg for the backdrop. Ito yung ‘you get what you paid for’ na sinasabi nga.

Coordinator: Events: Simplified (9.5)
10 sana, pero we booked their Partial Coordination package, we booked all the major suppliers, minor ones sila na magcoordinate, pero  come 4 months before the wedding, parang wala padin ako naririnig from them, so I started booking the others na. though pag may questions ako, nag rereply naman sila.
 
Come wedding day, when they arrived, kumilos na agad sila, and from then on, stress free na talaga. As in! wala na ko inisip at ginawa kundi sundin ang mga utos nila. Mabait at maalaga sila. Kelangan mo talaga iendorse lahat and say everything you want para magawa lahat ng gusto nyo.

Photo/ Video: Nicolas Photography and Videography (10)
PROS: Magaan katrabaho. As in para lang kaming naglalaro. 
CONS: Medyo sayang lang kasi wala akong picture ng whole abay ko, separate shots ang sa BM at SS. Pati post nup, wala din kasama ang whole entourage.

Photos: Imagine Nation Liz Ranola (10)
PROS: Same din, magaan at masarap katrabaho. ‘At home’ feeling.

Prenu Stylist: Indie Hippie (9.5)
PROS: Okay ang make up ni Gerly. Pati ang mga dress. Feeling artista ka talaga at pati pawis mo sila magpupunas.
CONS:  Medyo nakulangan lang ako sa props ng isa naming peg. At kahit sa pictures, kaunti talaga siya. 
HMUA: Mary Letim (10+++)
PROS: One of my favorite supplier. Since the day na nibook ko siya, pag may tanong ako, mag rereply agad. I admit medyo kinabahan ako months before ng wedding kase parang feeling ko ‘dry’ ang make up niya, pero nung wedding day, ang ganda ganda ko! Super gaan ng make up na parang feeling ko wala lang.
 Plus din na siya yung nagpapakalma sakin. Medyo stressed ako early morning pero palagi nyang sinasabi, hayaan mo na yan, hayaan mong coordinator mo mag asikaso mamaya. 
Another plus na nagstay siya to do my reception look. Akala ko umalis na siya, at iba na ang mag retouch pero siya padin. Plus! (andami. hahaha) ang ganda din ng Mama ko! Sobrang satisfied ako sa gawa nya.
CONS: Medyo nagka problema lang sa lower outer eyes ko, kumakalat palagi yung eye liner.  But still, ang ganda padin.

Groom’s grooming: The Union Station/ Spoiled Groom Package (10)
PROS:  Supposed to be a surprise gift for hubby pero nakita nya yung contract. Nag enjoy daw si hubby at gustong gusto nya yung gupit. 
CONS: none

Bridal Gown: Rich Fontanilla (10)
From the very first time na nakita ko ang works  nya, I told myself, siya ang gagawa ng gown ko. True enough, kahit mahirap siyang macontact, I still took the risk. medyo iba lang yung naging output sa sketch nya, pero maganda padin.

Female Entou and Mother’s Gown:  Tita Fenny (5)
Isa sa nagbigay ng heartache sakin. To the point na 2 nights before ng wedding I asked my mom na pumunta na kami ng SM at bumili ng bagong gown especially sa FG ko.  Sabi nalang ng sister ko, ‘okay lang yan sister, daanin nalang sa face value.’ True enough, thank you talaga sa HMUA, nadaan sa ganda at confidence. hehe..

Invitation: Print Divas (10)
PROS: Our coordinator booked their bridal fair promo. Included dun ang unlimited revision, at sulit na sulit iyun! All transactions are made thru email lang.
CONS: none

L/S: RejectKrew (10)
PROS: Okay ang sounds at okay din ang lights.
CONS: none.

Musicians: Sound Salad (8 )
PROS:  Booked them because of Sandy and Teejay. Pinalagay ko pa sa contract na sila ang chosen singers ko. Sent the list of songs 1 month ahead of deadline para mafinalize agad.
Magaling ang singers.
CONS: ibang singers ang dumating. Ms Nina explained it thru mail kung bakit and even offered again a huge discount kung hindi daw namin sila magustuhan. Ni let go ko nalang.

Florist: FullBlooms by Inah Anupol (10+++)
PROS: another favorite supplier! Mabilis at magaan kausap. Nasurprise nalang ako sa church at napa ‘wow’.
CONS: none

Prep Dress: La Tercera (no rating, gift ng cousin)
PROS: Malambot at masarap isuot ang robe.
CONS: hindi ko alam kung kaninong fault, my cousin or la tercera, pero hindi nakita ang embroidery nya. Blush silk and cream Chantilly lace, pati embroidery cream.  sana niclarify din muna nila bago nila ginawa since alam nilang same color. Kahit naka zoom, hindi talaga siya Makita.

Monogram Seal: Sweetscapes (10)
Pros: Mabilis kausap si Leeann, mabilis din magreply at pagkabook, ginawa agad nya the monogram.
Cons: none

Monogram for Souvenirs (SANA): The Pretty Palatte by OJ (3)
HEADACHE. Nagkwento na ko before about my experience with her. At since malapit na talaga ang wedding, at hindi na talaga siya nagamit for our souvenir, nagpatulong na ko sa Coordinator namin to reach her.  Sayang bayad noh! I paid in full.
I asked her kung pwedeng instead ng monogram, gawin nalang nya door signage, para atleast hindi masayang ang payment ko.  She gave us naman the requested signage, kelan?  2 days before the wedding! At least? Hay nalang.

Lifesize letters: Limeworks (10)
PROS: won in an auction. Pero before pa nun nakakausap ko na si Ms Bunny. Mabilis siya magreply and smooth transaction. Nice din yung Letters.
CONS: none.

Souvenirs: 7prints Designs (10)
PROS:  eco bag. Naubusan lang kame nung size na gusto naming, but our fault din naming since last minute na kame nagconfirm, dahil nga inaantay pa namin sana yung seal. We got the smalle one nalang, pero makapal.
CONS: none.

Piece of advice, like most of the other brides, ito lang din ang masasabi ko, enjoy the moment! Sobrang bilis nya, as in! savor every moments and don’t look for faults. Let go and Let God do the magic.  I admit, andami kong napansin na mali and some disappointed talaga ko, pero hinayaan ko na din lang. don’t let a small fault ruin your most precious day.

Isa pa pala, wag din iasa sa groom ang decision makings on that day, have someone na mag aasikaso din. Lutang din si groom, and besides, kasal nya din yun.

At isa pa, ienjoy ang preps! Mamimiss nyo ito for sure! :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:21:34 pm by ece »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2016, 05:57:34 pm »
^congrats ece :)  thank you for the review :)

pogi02

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2016, 11:13:16 am »
Congrats sis ece! Ang pretty mo sa mga wedding pics mo. ♥

belle_pepper

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2016, 11:07:56 pm »
Hi sis juyjuy, ask ko lang po magkano wedding venue rate sa alpadi estate. May mobile no.ba sila na pwede tawagan ? Nag eemail kasi ako sa kanila wala akong response na natatanggap. Hope you can help me sis

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #570 on: February 15, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »
^ Congrats mdnextdoor and ece :)

Same designer tayo sis mdnextdoor but why is it you still deposited 3k if Greenhills area ka lang naman? Because of your review napa double look ako sa contract ko with her and it was stated there na its only for out of town weddings. Bridal assistance is also given for Metro Manila area brides. Didn't you say anything to her regarding the bodyform? Aanhin mo naman yun diba? By the way can I have Leather Fellow's rates? Thanks.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #571 on: February 16, 2016, 02:12:43 am »
Congrats and best wishes mdnextdoor and ece!! So happy for you. Mukhang ok ang mga reviews nyo at sobrang konti ng flaws.

I agree sis ece. Walang perfect wedding diba. So magkakaroon talaga ng flaws. Just let go and enjoy lang. OMG na excite ako bigla! Haha.

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #572 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »
Best wishes sis mdnextdoor and ece!

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #573 on: February 17, 2016, 11:22:09 am »
Thanks for the well wishes, sisses!

Sis pinaydiaspora, if i remember it right, 1st 3 brides with the same wedding date na magbook kay mel will have bridal assistance. 2nd bride ako na magbook with the same date so meron talaga dapat. Nakalagay sa sketch niya yun. Then during my last fitting, 1 week before the wedding, since my wedding day is a holiday, wala daw pasok assistants niya and wont be at my preps area to dress me. At first ok lang sakin. Then yun nga, i have to deposit 3k because some brides before didn't return the bodyform. Nung wedding day na, nahirapan ako bihisan ng bridesmaids and photogs tumulong na din kasi syempre, di naman nila alam paano gawin yun. When I emailed mel na mababalik ko yung bodyform last week of jan or first week of feb kasi busy ako, forfeited na daw deposit ko and bumili na daw ng madaming bodyform sila mel and wala na space for the old ones. Parang indirect way of saying na don't return the bodyform as I won't be able to get my deposit anyway.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #574 on: February 17, 2016, 06:15:59 pm »
Sis mdnextdoor did you complain to Mel na it was actually written in their contract na may bridal assistance ka dapat on your wedding day? It was definitely an oversight on their part. Dapat nga nag sorry pa sila and hindi ka na pinag deposit ng 3k hehe.

I suggest, benta mo na lang sis sa OLX or sa FB wedding groups.

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #575 on: February 17, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »
Hello, ladies! It's been a while since my last visit here :) Just got married a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to give my rating to the suppliers I worked with as a way of showing them appreciation, and to hopefully help other b2bs as well.

Church: Santuario de San Jose 5/5 Beautiful church, not much decor needed. I didn't even need to add any more flowers, just the ones that the church offered in their package. I also availed of their church musician, Sir Ronald, and soloist - I just added 3k for select songs I wanted to be sung during the ceremony. The people in the parish office are also usually easy to work with (Ms. Nancy can be somewhat moody at times…)

Reception venue: Oasis 3/5 Ay, nako. Yun lang. They have beautiful grounds. Everything else was difficult to work with. Their AEs kept changing and you have to be the one to follow up on everything, otherwise they won't contact you unless it's time to make another payment. Then, all of a sudden, ang kulit nila. And please, DO NOT GET THEIR VENUE + CATERER PACKAGES. Their partner caterers are very limited, and you have to pay corkage to bring in an outside caterer.

Caterer: Josiah's 0/5 Ugh. Hands down, our worst supplier! And I was banking on their reputation in the industry! Kainis! I should've listened to all the warnings! The food was COLD. The people in the VIP tables who were supposed to be served Russian style were given all the food in one plate that made everything look like pig slop! Galit na galit yung family ko and there was so much left over - no one wanted to touch it! The set up of the couple's area was also very cheap looking. It wasn't at all how it looked in the pics that they showed during the detailing - which by the way was also such a big fail. At the time, they served us the wrong food and included items we didn't even ask for. We should've known.  Parang patapon lahat ng gamit nila sa reception. Sobrang fail talaga.

OTD: 7Ten5 Events 6/5! Lowell and his team really took care of us. I was a bit worried that he might have difficulty dealing with my groom and his family since they were foreigners, but they really did an awesome job. They took care of everything and were very detailed and careful. I honestly didn't feel any stress during the whole time, from start to finish, kahit yung sister ko who was my MOH. Everyone agreed they were our best supplier :)

Couturier: Kat Corpus 4/5 The dresses of the secondary sponsors, flower girls, and one MOH were beautiful. The rest - MOB, one MOH (I had 2), bridesmaid, bridal gown, reception dress, and groom's barong and pants - had problems. Most of it had to do with the fit of the dresses. It's really important to come religiously for fittings and to SPEAK UP if you feel like something is not right. At the end, the dresses weren't awful. They were actually quite lovely, just not quite the perfect fit. But Kat was very very nice to work with, and she also sent an assistant to come on the day and also lent us a body form for free.

Photographer: Catilo photography 5/5 I love them. I really went after them. Sulit. Love love love!

Prenup video: Aisle 1401 5/5 I loved working with them. We had the most fun time and they kept things very relaxed. They were also completely professional and very thorough in the prep. Ana and John worked very well thrashing out creative ideas and they were very mindful of us and our love story.

Lights: 5th Element 4/5 Very easy to book and correspond with. Very professional to work with. I have no complaints.

HMU: Lindsay Lin 4/5 I loved how she did my HMU and everyone else's. Her makeup style was different for each person, and yet everyone looked beautiful. The only complaint came from the mothers (mine and the groom's). They felt they had too much makeup.

Bridal and entourage bouquets: Garden Blush by Carmel de Torres 5/5 I've worked with Carmel and so I know that she's very trustworthy and has a very good work ethic. I loved working with her because I was able to just give her my budget and discuss the kinds of flowers we can use. All the other florists I talked with already have a specific set of flowers lined up at a specific cost. I loved Carmel's flexibility and friendly accommodation :)

Tokens (keychains, luggage tags, necklaces, lockets): Istorya 4/5 I chose Istorya for its uniqueness and sentimental quality. It's nothing fancy, but Joanna makes sure that you are happy with your items.

Instacards: Photobook Philippines 5/5 Instead of the usual guest book/framed picture for guests to sign, we made instacards with pictures of me and my groom taken by a friend during the prenup shoot. Guests were told to write their messages there. It felt a lot more personal receiving individual notes from our guests.

Wedding cake: Joy San Gabriel 5/5 LOVE WITH EVERY BITE. Lovely to work with. Enjoyed even the messy leftovers!

Wedding prep: Oakwood 4/5 Rooms are beautiful and suppliers love the hotel because they are easy to work with. I recommend staying for 1-2 days only. We stayed for 10 days (2 separate bookings - before and after the honeymoon) Food is okay but very overpriced. Service is very good - at the front desk. You have to call to have your room made up, complementary water replenished, coffee and creamer replenished, and dishes taken away. Better for you if you stay in the room while it is being cleaned up. When we did, that was the only time they vacuumed the carpet and wiped the counters, but then they forgot their rag. Make sure to also rinse the dishes and utensils before using them. I found something dried and stuck to the coffee cups on the cupboard. On the other hand, we took advantage of the washer-drier in the room and did 3 loads of laundry :)

Bridal car and family transportation (vans and sedan): JT Lakbay 5/5 We've worked with them on several occasions. They are very nice and easy to work with. We've even gotten to know their drivers already. Just make sure to always always provide for the driver's meals and other fees. What we usually do is, we give the drivers cash allowance for the whole day to cover all possible expenses (gas, food, parking, etc.) and just ask for the receipts. They are always mindful of their expenses :)

Invitations, party favors, and reception music were DIY.

I hope these help. In the end, my wedding was far FAR from perfect, but it was fun! Mine and my groom's family had so much fun. My friends stayed til end of the reception, which we don't normally do, given that it was a Friday and the start of a long weekend. Everything that did not work out, in the end, did not matter.

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #576 on: February 17, 2016, 10:27:50 pm »
^sis regarding sa oasis, because i'm an oasis bride to be, i asked them if pwede ako magdala ng food like prawns or anything na hindi ko kukunin sa hizons and they allow it naman. They just told me to ask hizons and i will also sign letter na walang sagot ang hizons if ever for example May guest na sumakit ang tyan or something because of the food kasi nga magdadala kami ng food. I plan kasi magpaluto sa ibang chef ng prawns and other dishes mga 2 dishes lang naman. But i'll ask them again about this and will make it clear. Thanks for your evaluation sis, now we know what to do like me. Congrats and best wishes!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:05:50 am by prettylove »

charmed30

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #577 on: February 18, 2016, 12:32:05 am »
Sa wakas natapos na din. Namimiss ko ang preps in fairness ha. We are super satisfied and pleased with the outcome.

Church: St James The Great Parish 4/5
- i love the church. But medyo pinahirapan nila kami sa precana considering na overseas based pa kami. Lahat ng inquiries and requests namin hindi nakakarating sa parish priest, hinaharang ng front desk. Kinailangan ko pang ipakausap yung officiating priest namin para lang i-allow kami to have precana outside of St James.

Reception: The Palms Country Club 6/5
Isa lang ang bukambibig ng guests and suppliers ko, super sarap daw ng pagkain. Best wedding banquet daw na naattendan nila. The staff are cooperative and they worked closely with our coordinators. Super maalaga and makikita mo talaga na well trained sila.

Full Coordination: SMA Weddings & Beyond 6/5
- Sheena and her team are the best. i didnt see or hear any issues during the wedding. For me, almost plantsado lahat in all aspects nung wedding day. Super helpful si Sheena during sa scouting ng suppliers. She would tell me the pros and cons kaya i didnt feel na biased siya when it comes to booking the suppliers. Highly recommended talaga.

Bridal Bouquet & Entourage Flowers: Serge Igonia 5/5
- super like ko my bouquet and the entourage flowers. He got talaga the color combination and style that i want. Super last minute ko pa siya nabook like less than a week before the wedding. I love it na pumayag siya sa last minute.

Bridal Gown: Mel Orlina 5/5
Isa pa tong highly recommended. Mel and her staff were very accomodating. Didnt have any problems at all with them. I love what they did with the gown. Pulido ang tahi, you are really getting your money's worth. They listen to what i like, whether i want to add or remove something from the gown. It is a really good decision to have my gown designed and made by Mel.

Bridal Car: Bridal Cars Manila 5/5
Nothing much to say. They are one of the few na 5 hrs ang rent. On time naman sila. Kakwentuhan ko pa si kuya driver while i was inside the car waiting for my wedding march. I was so nervous pa at that time

Hotel Preps: Vivere Hotel 5/5
I got a 3br suite for my family, and a 2br suite for hubby's. Super malaki ang suites lalo na yung sa kin na may second floor pa. Hindi kami naging siksikan. The staff are also very attentive and accommodating.

Host: Joy Catubig 5/5
Super patok with our crowd. Very eloquent and unique. Walang nag eat and run sa min. Everyone stayed till the end of the program because of Joy. Highly recommended!

Entourage Gowns: Desino Dulce 1/5
Need i say more. Just read na lang the thread about entourage gowns. Eto lang talaga ang supplier na nagpasaway all through out the time na nabook ko sila hanggang a day before the wedding.

Event stylist: The Contemporary Florals 5/5
Cesar worked within my budget. He got the pegs that i want when we were discussing. Used local and imported flowers. I was even more suprised when i saw the vip tables because super nice. Not super duper bongga, just right and i am very pleased. The color combinations that i want, super nagets niya talaga ko.

Cake: Hearts and Bells 5/5
On time. Ok din the design. They followed exactly what i told them to do. Di ko masyado naappreciate yung cake during  the program because we were so busy. But my sister and her colleagues super liked daw the cake. We got the red velvet cake.

Groom's suit: Intrend Master Tailors
5/5
SG based supplier. The groom super liked his suit. Very good ang fit, on time. The materials used were what was agreed upon. Highly recommended for the SG grooms na based here.

Calligrapher/invitation designer: Made By Lai 5/5
Very fast transaction and pagdeliver ng output. Never had issues with Lai. Smooth na smooth ang lahat g transactions namin.

Photo: Rule of Thirds by Jr Salonga 5/5
We love his shots! I feel na underrated si JR pero magaling siya. Very accommodating and friendly. Never had any issues with him. Super satisfied kami with him and his works.

Video: Dreamechanics 5/5
We loved our SDE! Our guests loved it also and waiting na din sila for a copy so they could watch it again. Accommodating and friendly their team. Very satisfied!

Entourage suits: Gardini 5/5
Highly recommended! Rent lang for our entourage and pagawa talaga for my dad. Perfect fit lahat ng suits most especially my dad's, isang fitting lang ok na agad. Veteran na talaga sila sa paggawa nn suits

....to be continued...

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #578 on: February 18, 2016, 12:58:08 am »
Thanks sa review mo sis! I was thinking of getting Cesar of the contemporary Florals. Pm kita chika mo naman saken how is he. Hehe. Thanks!

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #579 on: February 18, 2016, 06:55:32 am »
^^sis charmed30, best wishes. share na your sde hihi




OTD: 7Ten5 Events 6/5! Lowell and his team really took care of us. I was a bit worried that he might have difficulty dealing with my groom and his family since they were foreigners, but they really did an awesome job. They took care of everything and were very detailed and careful. I honestly didn't feel any stress during the whole time, from start to finish, kahit yung sister ko who was my MOH. Everyone agreed they were our best supplier :)


yay congrats sissy! high five tayo kay 7ten5. we loved them too! their rate is super sulit for their service noh?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close