Author Topic: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)  (Read 117965 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #540 on: January 29, 2016, 09:41:30 pm »
Part 3: Wedding Suppliers (Minor)

ENTOURAGE GOWNS: Teena Sabrina Tan (4/5)
I booked Teena because after i thoroughly scouted choices in my budget range i wasnt happy with the others. She was a newcomer but had some good output in her portfolio. The gowns she made for us looked okay, but some took a lot of fittings to fix and she wasnt cheap either. I expected them to look better actually. She is one of the nicest suppliers I've met though and didnt cause me any stress nor horror stories--- halos di ko inasikaso to and she delivered on time.

ENTOURAGE HMUA: Kzee Antonio (5/5)
She's my prenup shoot HMUA too and all my bridesmaids loved her. Very natural and youthful makeup.

BAND: Infinite Soul Acoustic (4.5/5)
I barely witnessed them perform but some guests were asking who they were, magaling daw. I entrusted everything to Monica even my march. Im glad they pulled through because we initially had probs with them, them being the only supplier who stood us up for a scheduled meeting. She was also more than an hour late to our actual meeting. (Sorry, i consider everything padin in my rating)

PARTY DJ: Rammy Bitong (5/5)
This came free for us but he's a young cool guy we didn't regret getting.

EMCEE: Chuck Gacuma (5/5)
Chuck is professional and easy to talk to, best of all affordable. Emcee isnt one of my priority suppliers and Im glad we gambled on him rather than someone expensive.

CHOREOGRAPHER: Regina Bea Cruz (6/5)
She's a member of hotlegs and dances professionally. Was very patient with us and gave us so much time than we paid her for. Loved our dance!

COFFEE BAR: Base Mobile Bar (6/5)
Fabulous looking garden setup and they said the coffee was good it ran out! Followed our agreements  to a tee. https://www.instagram.com/p/_6Gs0fngDR/

LED WALLS: Metrotech (6/5)
Hassle free service, affordable pa. When our initial plan didnt work out their technician was able to come up with a radical solution (unique specs ng wall namin) and pulled through on the day itself.

CREW MEALS: Packed Gourmet (5/5)
Looks like everything that was agreed was followed. Easy transaction.

SOUVENIRS: Boom's Cold Brew (6/5)
Guests loved our honey in a jar so much naubusan yung iba and no extras also. They said it's yummy. Owner is easy to talk to and very warm, didnt stop until we got the cloth and look exactly the way we wanted it.

RECEPTION TENT: Forscink (4.5/5)
It was a dream come true we could afford to book this vs. a regular white tent because it upgraded the look of our reception so much. Kaso parang their clear tent isn't clear even if they cleaned it the day before. Or maarte lang ako. Haha. No issues working with them.

INVITATIONS: Annaesthetic Designs (6/5)
Works fast and effectively. Super easy to talk to and no complaints regardless of the many many revsions. I got my invites 5 weeks after and 3 months before the wedding. Super recommended.

And that's it! Wedding preps was quite a ride i super enjoyed <3

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:39:38 am by sparklingjewel »

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #541 on: January 30, 2016, 09:42:09 am »
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Sparklingjewel!:) Bigla akong kinabahan kay Sensitivity haha!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #542 on: January 30, 2016, 10:20:44 am »
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Sparklingjewel!:) Bigla akong kinabahan kay Sensitivity haha!
Buti nalang talaga sya lang yung sablay and a lot of my other suppliers pulled through wonderfully. I made sure the owner knew para maimprove nila sa future weddings.

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #543 on: January 30, 2016, 11:48:22 am »
Here is my suppliers review. Anyone who gets a 4 gets a recommendation from me.

Pat Dy: 6/5 I booked him for sentimental reasons and I did not regret it. I LOVE my photo SDE. everyone loved it and my friend from another country is planning to get him.

Treehouse Story 5/5: Alesi is fun and engaging to work with. Good vibes with him and Pat Dy. We liked our SDE. he is not the same level with bob nicolas yet but I am happy with the output.

SMA Weddings: 4/5 Sheena's amazing. She's responsive and has a take charge attitude. I can say she can recommend low, high and mid end suppliers to cater to your budget. I just don't think her people are close to her level yet or has worked with her for a long time. Cant wait to chat with her as I want to give constructive feedback so she can improve the team.
2 different people complained after our wedding about the lady in charge at church. She wasn't being proactive and not doing anything helpful even when the entourage was lining up. They were asking questions and their questions  were being deflected to the point one of my friends told her " are you a coordinator or a florist?".

I think Sheena got drained from handling our event din coz our families and sponsors wanted us to start the program since reception was 90% full but we couldn't go down yet since we have no go signal from her to proceed until 10 mins after. The final story: when I got called, I had a wardrobe problem and needed another 10 mins. So my guests got agitated waiting. I do think she will go places. Maybe some of her team members are new?

Hannah Kong: 5/5 My gown is super different from the sketch (long story). I am a super chill bride so when my bridesmaids were panicking that I was doing my third and last fitting 2 days before the event... they panicked. I didn't care as long as Hannah delivered. Yes, I had to pay more to get my ideal look but I am happy Hannah's accommodating. I got the fully embroidered "modern" look that I wanted in my gown. No long trains, no puffy or tulle skirt but beaded all throughout. =)

For those asking about her embroidery, I believe the word " you get what you paid for" applies to the quality of your gown.

Fairmont: 5/5 Carla my AE responds to emails within 2-3 days. She allowed me to view the in house projector of fairmont 2 days before the event and I am happy that she is a practical and honest AE.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #544 on: January 30, 2016, 12:00:01 pm »
^Sis, same experience tayo sa gown. I had to pay more also because the initial design was far from what I wanted. Joe eventually got it right but it cost me like 16k more to have it turned into another dress nalang. Buti nalang i needed a dance dress anyway.
And sa "you get what you pay for" this is so true also... hindi ka talaga magkakaswarovski on your gown with a midrange one. Then again, all boils down to budget :) Congrats sis!

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #545 on: January 30, 2016, 02:28:37 pm »
Makeup Artists:

Cherry Pacheco:5/5 she only did my hair and makeup. On time and she delivers. She left just before I was leaving for the church ceremony and went back in the evening to change my look for the reception.

Kaycee Lim: 5/5 My bridesmaids and sister love her. Friendly, fresh makeup. My bridesmaids fake lashes did fall of before church ceremony but it could be her doing din.

Keighty Wong: 1/5 My NIGHTMARE supplier
I really do not like posting bad reviews on GT but she is very UNPROFESSIONAL.
December 7: I reserved and she confirmed that she and Fen will be doing our hair and makeup.
December 8/9: she texted something and I tried to decipher what it meant. wrong send daw
January 8: wanted to ask if I can add a few more bridesmaids and if the rate will be lower.  got a vague answer.
January 9: texted if I can call her to explain and mentioned baka vague ako magexplain via text. So i got to talk to her over the phone to RECONFIRM that she was doing my moms and sisters makeup. This was a clear as crystal coz my mom wanted KEIGHTY to do her makeup and no one else. She said YES. Then she further explained that she can't give me a discount even if she is doing 5 pax coz it will be unfair to her brides who get an entire package. Fair enough.

Jan 13: I received a call from Keighty re: she lost our viber message and does not know the call time. Said I cannot talk over the phone (meeting with Treehouse at that time). I texted later and reiterated that she is doing my sisters, moms and ninangs makeup at the hotel room. Room TBA. Gave her my coordinators number. When keighty asked if we can start at 8am for 3 pax that has a 1pm call time. My coordinator took over wanting to know why she wanted to start super early. Baka may other client etc. I got feedback from coord later that she needed to go to church in the morning or late morning so wanted the earlier start time. I said 10am start time is fine.

January 22 -23: Keighty asked for the same information again from my coordinator re: call time and venue etc indirectly suggesting that its is better my coordinator does not let me know.  Coord mentioned it to her again but told her she needs to tell me about this incident.

January 24: on the day, she DID NOT SHOW UP. no phone call, no viber. Did not inform our coordinator. She asked someone else to go on her behalf. My sister gave the MUA full payment without realizing Keighty was not going to show up. I do not know the exact wording of their convo but I believe they were made to think she was just late at first. (as to why the payment wasn't turned over to coord, it was coz my family and friends were paying for it and they were in the bedroom while I was in the preps room. no idea what was going on until damage was done and my mom wanted to talk to me about it).  I personally did not complain anymore as my sister said she will handle it. It is difficult to complain when I wasn’t there in their preps room to hear the story.

Mom, sister and ninangs makeup turned out okay. I think her rate is close to Keightys but the point is Keighty said she will show up. No message, no apology and no explanation. My mom was very very unhappy that my other suppliers noticed this and affected the aura of my bridal preps room.

Florist: Scenta (3.5/5- NEUTRAL)- nice to talk to. They do not jack up the prices compared to other suppliers. If you do not care much about flowers, get them. On the day, they forgot a few things that they mentioned to the groom. my bridal bouquet had roses that looked sad but the orchids were beautiful. Overall setup is how I imagined it to be. Just missing an item or two and my photos were not in frames (possible this is coz we couldn't print it in the size they wanted)

5th element:5/5 joel is prompt and assured me his team will deliver. He replies fast ad his rates are competitive. They delivered. If there was a hitch, I am not aware of it.

MSM:5/5 Theo is not very responsive through emails but he and his team performed the songs I wanted. I enjoyed their music =)

Holy Trinity 5/5: My only choice for church venue. Perfect for small and intimate ceremonies.

Cornells 5/5: for the suits- we gave them the fabric. They had it tailored in less than 1 month. Impressive

Traje de boda: 5/5 shirley did not give me any headaches. Like Hannah, we had a bit of miscommunication about the beading but it was quickly resolved. Overall, the moms and entourage were all happy with their gowns. If Shirley is in the shop, she really takes care that the fit is good etc so better message and make sure she is there for any adjustments.

Atom Ungson 5/5: he delivers. only problem I had was he was 1.5 hours late for our one and only meeting before the wedding. My mom and cousin thought he was great on the day!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:18:55 pm by papemelroti »

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #546 on: January 30, 2016, 02:34:58 pm »
^congratulations sis !!! May i ask how much hannah charged you for your gown? Kahit range lang? Horror naman yang make up artist na yan, exag!

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #547 on: January 30, 2016, 02:49:50 pm »
^ update lang: my other sister had her hair and makeup supplier friend ask why Keighty did not show up. So she did a bit of investigation. this is what happened daw.

She had an emergency at the wedding fair booth. The person who was supposed to take care of the booth did not show up so she had to go there. She mentioned to the hair and makeup artist (of my other sister) that she is super sorry for not showing up.

I appreciate her apology even if it was done indirectly. And I can posts here her side of the story.





lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #548 on: January 30, 2016, 03:05:06 pm »
Grabe talaga wala manlang personal apology!

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #549 on: January 30, 2016, 03:54:06 pm »
^congratulations sis !!! May i ask how much hannah charged you for your gown? Kahit range lang? Horror naman yang make up artist na yan, exag!

Hi sis, I asked Hannah last December and her range is around 60-100k.
My sister messaged me her side. She has her reasons naman as I posted above. Just disappointed with how everything turned out.

I forgot to post two other suppliers

Global 4/5: They are quite slow to reply and you need to customize your own invite. Whatever I designed they printed without double checking so one caught my mistake of having 2 types of "lavender" color etc. that was my mistake though lol. Quality of invites is good.

Vangie 5/5: such a caring dance instructor. I never felt pressured to do complicated dance moves with her and she even fixed my dress.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:17:47 pm by papemelroti »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2016, 04:22:34 pm »
thank you for your reviews Sparklingjewel and Papemelroti!!! =) =) Papemelroti I am glad everything went well with 5th Element since I also got them.

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #551 on: January 30, 2016, 04:43:42 pm »
You were of big help and blessing to me Sparklingjewel from the start. Praying for a blissful marriage!

And for all the insights and review here Salamat learned a lot. 8months to go for us!

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2016, 05:25:26 pm »
^Sis, same experience tayo sa gown. I had to pay more also because the initial design was far from what I wanted. Joe eventually got it right but it cost me like 16k more to have it turned into another dress nalang. Buti nalang i needed a dance dress anyway.
And sa "you get what you pay for" this is so true also... hindi ka talaga magkakaswarovski on your gown with a midrange one. Then again, all boils down to budget :) Congrats sis!

Thank you sis! congrats too! I look at the budget first before deciding to book a supplier. The only thing i went over budget is with styling coz in my head 100K for everything is already enough. So it was me who was not realistic with styling expenses lol

Grabe talaga wala manlang personal apology!

Oo nga. oh well. At least I did my part in warning other GTers to be careful in dealing with her.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #553 on: January 30, 2016, 07:25:34 pm »
^Your HMUA is really annoying and unprofessional ha. Then again, weddings are not perfect. Merong suppliers who wont meet expectations, we've all been there in one way or another. At least the major ones pulled through. :) Looking back, grabe na i spent extra 9k on the 2nd embroidery.. haha pero if i panicked then baka nastress lang ako. At least i was finally happy with the gown i wore on the day, and thats all I remember :)

You were of big help and blessing to me Sparklingjewel from the start. Praying for a blissful marriage!
And for all the insights and review here Salamat learned a lot. 8months to go for us!


Thanks dear! I've learned a lot from here, hoping to give back. Tagal mo pa! Haha things will speed up at 2 months to go!


rowan

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #554 on: February 01, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »
Sparklingjewel, I noticed you got Chuck Gacuma pa rin. Glad he did a great job on your wedding!  I was backreading on emcees kasi and I read about the issue haha.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #555 on: February 02, 2016, 02:34:46 am »
^Ok naman sya. I would have loved to have Atom but my hubby didnt allow me na to change booking given emcee isnt a big priority for us. Haha medyo you have to bear lang with his rants on fb, medyo nega sya and puro promote (as in he posts, done meeting with Dec bride xxx! Or, 2 more bookings today! Ganun haha) ... and like they have tarps sa weddings nila where sila coordinator.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2016, 11:43:32 pm »
sparklingjewel, I'm actually surprised you took the risk given he has an issue here haha. ☺

mark9729

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2016, 10:35:12 am »
Good morning! Just want to contribute to this forum regarding our wedding. Groom here and I made sure I helped as much as I can sa preps. I actually think I helped too much lalo na sa budget. Hahaha. We were blessed with awesome suppliers as shown below. Please take note that we were on a budget of 400T for 150 guests, and we exceeded by 10T lang. Yehey!

P/V- God’s Grace-  the best! Very professional and our SDE was awesome. Even our guests were gushing how kind and attentive they were. Highly recommended si Raisa and Dave.

Coordinator -  Absolutely Knot – This group via Kimmy made our life so much easier. Very organized and may concern talaga when it comes to planning. You will hear the words “ako na ang bahala” often which is so nice to hear when medyo stressed na.  We got Kimmy as our host and she was awesome.

Flowers – Everlasting Flowers – we were able to meet Blessie here in Makati and everything went well up to the delivery of the flowers. We just went for their basic package pero ang ganda ng arrangement. Sa ganda, lahat ng flowers inuwi ng mga guests na may car! Hahaha

Souvenirs -  Wine from Santi’s, Whiskey from Puregold, Ikea Lamp, gluten free walnut cupcakes

Bride’s Dress- Dan Cadiz - We were blessed enough na nadaanan naming yung shop nya in Las Pinas (where my wife is based) and no problems whatsoever. The bridal and ento gowns were beautiful.

Groom’s suit - Gardini Fashion Center – no offense but I don’t see why I would spend 20 thousand on my suit when I can have one made to order at 7 thousand. Suit was really well made and had it designed na I can still wear it sa office.

Lights, Projector/Screen – PurpleMix – I found them sa Wedding Suppliers Philippines sa FB. Super bilis sumagot and Chris was easy to talk to. Booked them for basic lights, projector and screen.

Invitations – Printed Matter – I was surprised how fast and easy it was dealing with Printed Matter. Sila pa nag uupdate regarding the invitations. Better lang to go to their Makati Shang office during off hours para kayo lang andun. Very small lang kasi yung space nila.

Wedding Rings – Ty Po Huat – They were very nice to us and gave good pricing for our rings.

Venue/Caterer- Light of Love – Hizons – Stephanie and Kesy promptly answers our questions regarding our reception. May mga improvements lang with the food service (e.g. the other buffet table didn’t have a soup/salad station, late na nun ma-realize nila)but with the package we got, okay sya.

Photobooth – Party Treasures - Found them in FB also. Madaling kausap and their set up just took a small space sa venue kaya hindi magulo. They were the ones who designed the layout and it was really nice.

Hotel - Cocoon Boutique Hotel- medyo pricey but the Bridal Suite was really nice and spacious. Also, their breakfast meals are delicious!

There yeah go! At the end of the day, what is important is you realize that there is no perfect wedding and what actually makes this day perfect is that you are with the one you love. Happy wedding preps everybody!

altheabride

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #558 on: February 03, 2016, 12:26:21 pm »
@sparklingjewel- looking forward ako sa mga supplier's rating mo, nakikita ko sa mga posts and ratings mo kung gaano ka kahands on sa lahat, ganyan din kasi ugali ko that time na nagbook ako ng suppliers ko at ng suppliers ng brother ko, we have the same band and totoo super galing nga nila although ako naririnig ko rin talaga yang band and the lights and sounds if sabog ba, di ko maimagine if anong reaction ng band mo sa "sabog issues" ni Sensitivity, malaking company na kasi si Sensitivity kaya nakakadisappoint talaga if mahal na package kinuha mo tapos sabog lang, baka naiyak nako if i were you, masyado pa namang sensitive ang mga oldies sa sounds kaya sila mismo makakapansin nyan, dapat pa nga sila ang "sensitive" sa ganyan because of their name hahaha!

Part 3: Wedding Suppliers (Minor)


BAND: Infinite Soul Acoustic (4.5/5)
I barely witnessed them perform but some guests were asking who they were, magaling daw. I entrusted everything to Monica even my march. Im glad they pulled through because we initially had probs with them, them being the only supplier who stood us up for a scheduled meeting. She was also more than an hour late to our actual meeting. (Sorry, i consider everything padin in my rating)


EMCEE: Chuck Gacuma (5/5)
Chuck is professional and easy to talk to, best of all affordable. Emcee isnt one of my priority suppliers and Im glad we gambled on him rather than someone expensive.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »
I noticed no matter how OC you are and how well you do your research you will always get some suppliers who don't reply often or give you more headache than others! Hay nako. What more pa kaya pag hindi researched yung suppliers.

The ones who are giving me a difficult time is the AE of my venue, and lately lang my stylist. Before I never had a problem in contacting my stylist Robert B., but lately hirap talaga. I expect top notch service from my stylist since he is one of my most expensive suppliers.

Since planning my wedding I have also changed 2 suppliers because I didn't feel they could cater to my needs and requirements. Thankfully I got my deposits back. My cancelled suppliers are: Dreamechanics and Teena Sabrina Tan.

Then I also have my favorite suppliers so far who have gone above my expectations in terms of service. These are: bridal and entourage gown supplier, Richie Ortega Torres, and 5th Element Lights and Sounds, Invitation layout supplier Sweetscapes, and my coordinator Ruby Ines.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:29:34 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close