Author Topic: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)  (Read 118086 times)

f878

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2015, 12:22:55 pm »
thanks sis 120515! i hope your prenup shoot goes well too. :) wag na lang kayo magpalate masyado dun sa wedding na pupuntahan nyo kase mahirap magmadali since it takes time did to prep for the shoot. looking forward to read about your prenup experience soon! ;)

aaww..:) thanks sis sparklingjewel and even if you opted for no prenup shoot, i'm sure naman your wedding photos will be gorgeous!

thanks sis reese17! sana talaga ma-execute namin ng maayos ang b/w wedding at ma-appreciate sya ng family and friends namin especially those na di pa masyadong convinced sa motif. hehe :D

kaya yan sis pogi02. basta sis pag turn mo na, share your experiences din ha? i really love reading reviews and nae-excite din ako for all the b2b's here. :)

thanks my ka-school theme bride sis yannuh! saya mag-prenup no? :D love your pictures na nasa page ni serge. :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2015, 01:04:39 pm »
thanks sis 120515! i hope your prenup shoot goes well too. :) wag na lang kayo magpalate masyado dun sa wedding na pupuntahan nyo kase mahirap magmadali since it takes time did to prep for the shoot. looking forward to read about your prenup experience soon! ;)

thanks, f878! good thing solemnizations here only run for 10-15 minutes then we'll high tail it out of our friends' wedding  ;D we hope we'll have as much of a fun experience as you.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:40 pm »
Sis f878, apart from the lovely photos, you look so young!! As in baby face! :) I felt very old tuloy hahaha!

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2015, 11:38:04 pm »
Super pretty, sis f878 :) very fresh ang aura, and yes, you look so young! :)

f878

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2015, 06:18:20 am »
wow sis 120515 ang bilis naman! hehe pero malaking advantage talaga sa inyo yun. :) basta don't stress out on minor things and just have a happy disposition and i'm sure your prenup shoot will turn out great. :D

thanks sis belle_v2g! siguro nakakabata lang yung pagkabungisngis ko sa shoot. hehe i hope lang ma-achieve ko din yung bonggang bridal glow like yours during your wedding. ;) super love your photos by gail!

thanks sis janagirl! prenup nyo this month right? or tapos na ba? hehe share your review din ha? :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2015, 11:23:20 am »
Agree with the baby face comment :) great photos sis f878!

f878

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2015, 12:29:02 pm »
thanks sis juwie! parang kelan lang ako yung nasa halfway mark ngayon 5 months na lang kayo! bilis. :) happy preps sis!

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2015, 01:13:45 pm »
June 23 kami sis f878, sa greenery. Sana kasing blooming mo din ako non :)

jentotmd

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2015, 01:50:13 pm »
Very nice photos sis f878! Love the black and white concept. And the super simple shoot. Di ko rin like madami props etc. Very pretty sis! :)

f878

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:17 am »
thanks sis jentotmd! and i love naman your wedding photos! lalo na yung sa page ni mv for flowers. ang ganda mo sis lalo na't ang happy and bright ng aura mo. :) super like din your gown and bouquet ah. ;)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2015, 11:04:51 am »
Hi ladies. I will break down my review in parts because it will be a LONG read. Hahaha.  ;D So here goes Part 1 of my review for our June 2015 wedding.

COORDINATOR
OTD Coordinator: Hazel Escarilla
Rating: 5/5

Our wedding was really fun and stress-free! My aunt also shared that some of our relatives told her that our wedding was one of the most organized weddings they have attended. Credit goes to our OTD coordinator Hazel Escarilla and her team!

I'm not sure if she's ever been mentioned here before, but she deserves to be! She is an accredited coordinator of Glass Garden. I got to know her and witness how her team worked when my cousin got married a month before I got engaged. Mum and I noticed that my cousin's wedding was really nice and organized.

Our first meeting with her was already productive. Hazel was already taking notes when we were discussing things with her even if we just met her just to see whether it would be in our best interests to book her. She already gave her suggestions and would give constructive comments for us to consider. When we were discussing her packages, I was initially considering her partial coordination package. However, she was the one who suggested that I only needed OTD services because I do not live overseas and that I am a very hands-on bride.

When we booked her and had another meeting, she was reviewing her notes with us. She would also share her experiences just so we'd have an idea what or what not to do.

During preps, I would text her if I have questions and she replies within the day. When our photographer got sick, I also informed her and she replied right away and said she'll call me. She no longer called that day because it was already late (I think it was almost 9 PM when I sent the message) and apologized when she called me the following day. She was asking me the status of the situation, what my plans were, etc. I was already on top of everything, so I said that everything's okay and we just need to book and finalize with our new photographer. I sent the finalized contract and just told her to confirm that we want the lead photographer to be there. She said she'll also confirm this with our photographer. When we were suddenly informed by our church a few days before the wedding that our coordinator, photographer and videographer all need to sign a permit, I informed Hazel right away. She called the church then me that she will go there to sign the permit. It was the first time daw that this policy was implemented.

She gave me a workbook complete with check lists, suggested song lists, budget table, etc. During our last meeting, which was 3 months before the wedding, we finalized our plans for the day. She then sent me a personalized check list based on our last meeting. We then had to check whether the items are already okay or whether we're still working on it or if we're doing away with it. We also had to send electronic copies of our invitations, misalettes, program, among others. She reviewed our contracts and called our suppliers. She then sent us a list of food for the suppliers via email. When the food for suppliers alone reached PHP33,000, my husband replied and said that we preferred to give packed food instead of allowance because packed food will come from our ninang. Hazel called concerned suppliers to negotiate and sent us the revised file. SO we only had to pay around PHP6,000 to PHP7,000. That was huge savings! So we have to commend her for that.

She came in early during the wedding day. She used the personalized check list when she was doing an inventory of the items. They were the ones who removed the items from the balikbayan boxes and placed it on the bed for the photographers and videographers. I was also assisted by her or one of her team members throughout the day. Before going to church, she was personally with me. She also briefed my husband, both our parents and me before the ceremony.

She was on top of everything so I honestly don't know if there were any hiccups during the day regarding other suppliers. hehe!

I've repeatedly thanked her after the wedding for a beautiful, smooth-sailing and stress-free day! I highly recommend her for brides to be! :)

PHOTO/VIDEO
Video: Jason Magbanua
I won't give any rating first because the wedding video won't be released until months later. All I can say for now is that Jason Magbanua is Jason Magbanua. You pay him big bucks for a reason! WE LOVE HIS SDE!!!! I've watched it like a gazillion times already!!!  ;D I love how he captured and included clips to show how happy and kulit we are as a couple and how my now husband really loves me (hahahahaha).

Wedding Photos: Pat Dy
I also won't give any rating for now because the photos and albums have not been released yet. All I can say for now is that I LOVE PAT DY!!!!!!! The universe conspired for me to get him. His rock show? It really rocked the house! :)

Engagement Photos: Dino Lara
Rating: 5/5

I'm a photography enthusiast because of my communication arts background so I am VERY particular with our P/V and splurged on these. During the start of wedding preps in 2014, I only considered Pat Dy and Dino Lara. But I stopped considering Pat because when I called their office to ask for their rates, they didn't send me one. I didn't make any follow-up calls because I want to feel valued as a client. Hahahaha. (Pero Pat's assistant sent me his rates 1 minute after our phone conversation in late May 2015 so okay hahaha!!!)

Dino was so easy and pleasant to talk to when we met him back then. He brought his photos and albums with him. Sobrang ganda talaga! I love B&W photos which Dino is really good at!!! Photos were dramatic and had a story behind them. He has a photo journalistic style which I also loved about him. He is able to capture important moments during the wedding.

During the engagement shoot, we felt at ease with him and his team. He was really nice and super mabait!!! If you want natural and candid photos, I highly recommend him! If it weren't for my make-up mishap, everything would have been perfect!!! I'm just fortunate to have Dino's and Aira's (our engagement stylist) teams to save the day so we still had good photos!!!

Not only is Dino talented, but he also has the initiative! He didn't like the venue that we had because it was a "prenup venue". So we went outside the venue and he looked for viable spots. He also wanted it to be more personal to the couple that's why when the now husband told him that I really wanted to shoot on our then house-to-be, which by the way was an hour away from the venue, he readily agreed! He told us that we should wrap things up before 4 PM, so there would still be some sunlight when we reach the house. Ang bills nila mag-work! Aira Franco even remarked that she enjoys shooting with great photographers like Dino because they're really good and confident with their work so hindi matagal! Unlike other photographers who take more than 1 hour for just 1 pose. We were able to do 5 sets during that day :)

The photos were really good!!! After service is also great!!! His assistants were so easy to talk to. They also worked fast. Actually sila nag-follow up sa amin if the draft layout is okay so they can have it printed before the wedding. My husband and I had to beg off telling them that we don't have time yet to review and decide regarding the layout hahaha.

It was just unfortunate that Dino got hospitalized before our wedding (but he's okay now :) ). We had to cancel because I was not at ease knowing that he won't be there. He assured us that he made special arrangements to compensate. Don't get me wrong ha, but his team is really more than capable ha! It's just that, I'm EXTREMELY OC and VERY particular with my photos. As in maarte kung sa maarte talaga ako!!! I booked Dino because of Dino himself so without him, it's like booking Dino Lara without Dino or getting Jason Magbanua without Jason. Hahaha that was my thinking.

I also have to commend Dino for his utmost professionalism. I felt bad that he was not feeling well physically and yet he personally sent us messages and even had a phone conversation with my husband. It must be really stressful for him to deal with that. But he told us that if we were to push through our contract with him, he made special arrangements and would discount the costs because he won't be around, or if we have decided to cancel the agreement, we can just send him a formal letter and he will refund our money (he already did).

Sayang lang! We were able to forge a good working relationship with him. We even had dinner and a few drinks with Dino's and Aira's teams at our house after the shoot. All I can say is that he's a super talented and a really good person.

If you like his style, I highly highly recommend him! :) You won't go wrong with Dino!!!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2015, 11:19:01 am »
Ahhh si Dino Lara pala original photog mo? Omg magaling nga sya, he did my brother's wedding along with Jason M! Pero im glad you were happy rin with Pat Dy! Can't go wrong with the best naman i think same level sila :)

Congrats caleeice!! I bet your wedding was super gorgeous with all your top of the line suppliers!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2015, 11:28:20 am »
Ay really sis? Maganda nga Jason-Dino tandem!! They are also good friends so they really work well together! :)

Thank you sis! Pero our suppliers is a mix of high end, mid-range and even low-end ones hehe! :) It's just a matter of priorities. I chose to prioritize my P/V because I'm really OC when it comes to pictures. We were also lucky because we had family friends/family suppliers whom we have worked with for x number of years already so we got friendly rates for those! :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2015, 11:44:36 am »
Oo good tandem :) Me rin mixed of high, mid and even low haha (for stuff i dont really care about!) pero mostly midrange lang since it's not a super fancy wedding..sawa na sila don! Haha I think its only my coordinator who is really high-end lol minsan i feel i am maarte but actually i am a bit scared that her standards are way higher than mine hihi :))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:46:51 am by sparklingjewel »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2015, 11:57:09 am »
Your roster of suppliers is really good sis! :) I'm sure your effort in doing research will definitely pay off. It;s not about being high-end or mid-range that matters, but the talent and the professionalism of that particular supplier. For example, Mayone is mid-range, but I am way more than satisfied with her work! :)

For low end ones, well, that's a different story. You have to really trust and have faith in that supplier. My first HMUA for the engagement shoot was low-end whom I trusted all these years! Sad to say, output was horrible. So if you have low-end ones for those items you don't really care about, it's okay. Pero I won't recommend it for non-negotiables and those that will affect the outcome of the wedding. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2015, 11:58:28 am »
Sis caleeice.. omg may review kana.. and I'm still not yet done with mine.. haha! :) I still have part 3, or maybe even part 4. I saw Dino's status few weeks before your wedding that he had an operation. Glad he's ok now.. and I'm happy too that everything went well despite the last minute bookings for your main photographer :) I saw your sde by jmag and you guys are sooo cute & looked makulit and very happy on the video clip (while you two are dancing). :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:11:52 pm by belle_v2g »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »
Sis belle, that's just part 1. I think it'll take some time before I complete it. Hahaha! We are still shopping for some appliances, fixing our honeymoon and we always home to my parents' during weekend so it's hard to find some time to do the review! But I owe it to everyone here especially because of the tremendous help GT has done for us :)

Hahaha yeah super kulit lang. Even my vow was makulit. My maid of honor nga nahihiya because she got teary eyed which I think was caught on Pat's camera samantalang ako, my husband and both our parents didn't even cry! Hahaha

Yes, I'm super happy that Dino's okay now. I'm even thinking of a good gift to give him because he's such a nice person and I still feel a little bad for canceling hehe.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2015, 12:12:15 pm »
I strongly agree that having high end/low end suppliers doesn't define a beautiful wedding/marriage. Our wedding is not high end, but it was clearly beautiful because of the people surrounding us that day. :)

It's been 2 weeks since we got back overseas and I still have holiday hangover. I hope to finish the reviews soon coz I always feel I have utang with GT whenever I remember na di pa tapos ang reviews. (Pressured? Haha)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:16:49 pm by belle_v2g »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2015, 12:15:24 pm »
That's true sis! Ours was also mid-range, but it was also beautiful because we were happy to celebrate that day with our family and really close friends. You just have to let go and enjoy the day! :) After all, sayang the months or even years of painstaking research and planning if you won't be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor! :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Suppliers Rating (Thread 4)
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2015, 12:22:30 pm »
Haha cute! My hubby's vow is makulit, the bishop even commented silently "may pagka joker pala itong si brother ____" mine brought tears to some guests.. But both our parents?? Walang umiyak din sa kanila. Walang natouch hehe :)

I'll wait for your other reviews sis.. my moh also booked dts for her 2017 wedding! :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:03:57 pm by belle_v2g »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close