Author Topic: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?  (Read 17062 times)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:42:05 pm »
When we had our Civil Wedding in 2012, it was held in a resto in QC. A pastor (my hubby's uncle--na uncle ko na rin) officiated the ceremony. However, we did not prepare, or shall I say, we did not think of preparing our wedding vows. I remember when we are on that part of the ceremony, we were giggling the whole time.  ;D But now that we are having our Christian church wedding, I think we'll prepare something special for each other. :)
How about you girls, will you be allowed to use your own wedding vows? I think some churches won't allow?  :-\

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:18 pm »
We verified with our church (Santuario de San Antonio) that we can write our own vows so we will. It feels more special that way kasi since you guys can really air out what you feel. Kami kasi, we've been together since I was 13 (I'm now turning 24) and I got knocked up when I was 20 and was in my last year of college, so parang I want to touch on everything we've been through.

Imagine, I grew up kasi really sheltered so until junior year HS, we were hiding from my parents. I used to pay off my yaya and driver to leave us alone when I snuck out of the house to see him. Got into way too many fights na with may parents kasi I went against their orders (haha orders talaga) and stuck with him. Even ran away from home at one point. It'll be nice (and super emotional, I bet) to reminisce.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:04:44 pm »
Hi sis Jailalee,
That will be pretty emotional, I think you'll put everyone into tears.. pero masarap sa feeling yon kasi malalabas mo mga saloobin mo.. (get a good make up sis hehe) iba kasi kapag matagal ang pinagsamahan.. lahat ng nakakakilala sa inyo talaga ay makaka-relate.. :) that's something to look forward to! pag may SDE kana sa vow mo, paste mo link dito ha? :)

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:09:08 pm »
Will do! Hagulgol lang kaming lahat so disclaimer ko na ngayon palang na expect chaka. ;D Si fiance medyo gusto niya tigasin image niya pero aminado siya he'll cry lang daw the whole wedding.

Feeling ko eeksena din yung son namin sa altar. Makulit yun e, gustong laging kasama.  ;D

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:32:54 pm »
^may baby na rin kayo? how old is he? mine is 5 y/o and syempre, ring bearer! :)

nekochan

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »
This is a must! :)
hahaha will actually do this kahit I know super shy si h2b..
Tsaka there are church na nag-aallow ng ganito.
Bet ko rin kasi dahil moment na eh to say out loud how I love him so much.. cheezy...  ;D

chiarm

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:51 pm »
Did not have any because the church doesn't allow it.. It was also a relief since we don't have to make them anymore :P Besides, we can always tell each other whatever.

When watching SDEs, the personal ones are touching though there are those that are too stiff..

nekochan

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »
aww really.. anyway you're right you can still say it aytime to him haha :)
nakausap ko yung video namin (Thinking Chair) i forgot what church yun di nag-allow pero naisingit pa din nila just after the wedding.. maganda kasi daw talaga yun sa wedding video/SDE. :)

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 09:13:32 pm »
^may baby na rin kayo? how old is he? mine is 5 y/o and syempre, ring bearer! :)

Yup, 2 and a half.  ;D 3 na siya by the time we get married, nasa makulit stage pa rin. Automatic ring bearer din siya siyempre hehe.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »
awwww that's cute!!!  ;) ako din, and iteterno ko yung suot nya sa suot ni daddy nya.. naku sis dapat talaga waterproof make up at smudge proof din, mababaw pareho ang luha nmin haha

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:35 pm »
I'd want to compose my marriage vow for my h2b. Moment namin iyon eh. Sana i-allow ng church namin. I have written one pero sabi nila dapat daw during that day gagawin ang vow pagkagising na pagkagising siyempre at the present moment iyong feeling e. I'd also want to sing for my h2b since we both sing well but not professionally. Plan namin magduet sa reception hihi cheesy naman nuon if ever yay

coral

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 12:44:14 am »
Girls, you may want to check with your Parish Priest kung saan kayo ikakasal kung allowed ba yung private wedding vows kung kayo ay Catholic wedding. As per our priest hindi po Catholic rite ang gumawa ng private vows. This is for Christian or civil wedding daw. Meron naman daw na pumapayag basta maikli lang.. Anyways, you should check it kase may mga simbahan na medyo strict. So kami, since Catholic wedding kami wala kami own private vows as per consultation. Sabi ni Father pwede daw kami magbigay ng private vows during program sa reception.

chizzyness

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 07:38:50 am »
we will compose our own wedding vows however, our pastor said to always include the "til death do us part" at the end.. because others forgot to put it daw.. :p you vowed everything daw but not the til death. that's one of the most important part..

purplegravity

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 09:50:44 pm »
No, we wont.  We will just follow the church marriage vows.

We are very vocal about our feelings with each other and that is much more important to us.

ziontrec

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 09:54:00 pm »
ako i would  ;)

looking forward to making one in the future.

mrsA

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 09:15:02 am »
sa chosen Church (catholic) namin allowed daw. pero iniisip ko pa. dati pag nakakakita ko ng nag eexchange ng vows, gusto ko ako din pag kinasal. kaso now, di ko na sure. haha! mahiyain ang peg? lol. di ko sure kung kaya ko baka maiyak lang ako ng bongga hahaha!

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 08:47:07 am »
We'll make our own too.. It is allowed  naman in Christian weddings e. But true nga na dapat gawin sya on the day of the wedding? Di ba ako mastress lalo non at wala ako maisip na sabihin? Haha

coral

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 03:53:05 am »
We'll make our own too.. It is allowed  naman in Christian weddings e. But true nga na dapat gawin sya on the day of the wedding? Di ba ako mastress lalo non at wala ako maisip na sabihin? Haha

sis, pwede naman basahin yung vows. May mga nakita na ako na Christian weddings na binabasa lang during the ceremony.

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 05:13:00 am »
During the wedding preps, I was drafting my wedding vows at the same time; may mga teary eyed moments pa ako, haha! When I was finalizing our missalette, sabi ko kay hubby, oh dito yung part ng vows naten tapos sabay ayaw niya, wenk wenk, haha! Hindi naman talaga siya ganun, na magsasalita sa harap ng crowd, about 'love love' pa, so naintindihan ko naman - he's more of sa actions.

But I still had to read my vows to him, so siningit ko siya during our thank you speech. I was thanking everyone etc etc then I suddenly stepped away from his side and faced him and read my vow to him. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: WEDDING VOWS: Are you composing your own?
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 11:19:08 am »
Yes. When I told fiance, he was game. Pero he was teasing me na puro jokes at pang-aasar lang sasabihin nya. hehe. Well, okay lang, aasarin ko din sya! :p Pero syempre, may serious and sentimental part din. Pero shocks, parang ayaw ko maiyak! I've never cried at weddings kasi. Hahaha.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close