Author Topic: Unconventional/unique wedding gown  (Read 5457 times)

charm0220

  • Guest
Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:17 am »
Hi..

I just like to know your thoughts, ideas and experience with unconventional/unique/colored wedding gown? When I say colored, not white, ivory or champagne.

I will be wearing a colored gown. Im done with my second fitting and Im happy with the color that I chose. Kinilig ako even if hindi pa siya complete but I know that people will either love it or hate it especially mga traditional.


juwie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:21:56 am »
Hi TS, ano color ng gown mo?

jentotmd

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:36:25 am »
a colored gown is ok. although i hope ma distinguish ka from your entourage which has colored gowns too (i guess?). depende siguro sa cut and sa style. sometimes kasi parang debutante kapag colored.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 03:09:46 pm »
Hi sissies, I am wearing a colored gown too! :) sooo excited about it!

chiarm

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 08:42:35 pm »
I really don't like conventional gowns kasi they all look the same to me.
Mine was very light blue with blue, white, and silver beadwork. Everyone loved it :-*

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 10:35:02 pm »
^would you mind sharing a pic of your gown sis?  :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:43:32 am »
Mine is nude pink! :)

charm0220

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 02:21:11 pm »
My gown is peach with touch of champagne. :) all of our guests and entourage will be wearing white.

chiarm i saw your sde pala sa fb ng vidlens. your gown is lovely and unique :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:29:12 pm by charm0220 »

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 02:30:53 pm »
There is a symbol why brides SHOULD wear white wedding gown on their wedding day. My aunt/Ninang/couture and tailoring shop owner told me about it and I was amazed on how she give me the whole details. May symbolic meaning pala sya. At nagulat ako sa symbolic meaning nya. I am thinking of unique wedding gown too but I realized I should follow the Catholic church's requirements. Therefore, I just wear a unique 'thing' which I will wear para may uniqueness pa din. I can't give the whole details of the symbolic meaning, baka magkamali ako ng explanation. Better ask a priest or someone who works sa church as a catechist tungkol dun. :-)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 02:41:17 pm »
Kami naman, we are having a Christian wedding and we are not into symbols naman and pamahiins as far as I'm concern.. :)

charm0220

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 02:53:39 pm »
we're not having a Catholic wedding and same with vitug.annie hindi kami into symbols and pamahiin.
But like i said..  people especially mga traditional would either love it or hate it :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »
Actually sis charm0220, nabanggit ko nga lang sa isang friend na sasagutin ko ang shoes ng girl entourage (secondary), sabi agad malas daw.."whaaaat???" kaloka!

mcyhein

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 03:15:26 pm »
Actually sis charm0220, nabanggit ko nga lang sa isang friend na sasagutin ko ang shoes ng girl entourage (secondary), sabi agad malas daw.."whaaaat???" kaloka!


ngayon ko lang to narinig sis. ??? counted ba dito ang pagbigay dinsa entou ng free dress?

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 03:26:53 pm »
chiarm, your dress is gorgeous! I wanted a blue or green dress pero hindi ako fashionista so I don't think I can pull it off. lol.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 04:08:15 pm »
^sis mcyhein, i think okay lang sagutin yung dress.. :)

chiarm

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 07:27:17 pm »
Yup sa amin nga yung most recent video post from Vidlens :-* Such a nice feeling to have a unique gown!

The white wedding gown was started by Queen Victoria and then everyone else followed. They then made the symbolism of purity and innocence that was adopted by religious sectors.

Wala sinabi sa church namin na kailangan ng white wedding gown although they did say na yung secondary veil ay white, which we followed.

sevenstars, ask your designer maybe he/she can work something out :) O kaya yung ginawa ng iba na white ang base gown pero colored ang beadwork.

charm0220

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 08:41:23 pm »
vitug.annie now ko lang din narinig yun.. although wala naman din kasi ako alam maasyado na wedding pamahiin. :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 08:48:55 pm »
Sis charm0220 pamihiin chinese daw..

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »
chiarm, I haven't chosen a designer pa naman so I still have time to think about it. Ang ganda talaga the colour of your dress, it's such a lovely shade of blue :)

chiarm

  • Guest
Re: Unconventional/unique wedding gown
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 01:15:03 pm »
Thanks a lot :-*

Difficult to find daw yung tela hehe. I can give you the contact number of my designer if you want? Baka he could help you.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close