Ang ganda interview nia sa Manila Bulletin
Here comes the bride
by Jacky Lynne A. Oiga
'What I will wear will be worthy of him’
The future Mrs. Dantes, this year’s most gorgeous bride, wears couture wedding gowns by top Filipino designers as she lets us in on the many details of 2014’s most awaited wedding.
In the past weeks, the whole Philippines was witness to how GMA Primetime Queen Marian Rivera—unquestionably one of the most beautiful faces in show business—could look even more achingly beautiful when she’s extremely, illimitably happy. She was a thing of beauty, flushed and barefaced, in a photo with fiancée Dingdong Dantes and his family moments after he proposed to her (for the first time) at the Butterfly Dome at MGM Macau. She looked lovely when, despite her best efforts, she burst into tears when Dingdong went down on his knees to propose to her again, this time in front of her own family, on national TV. Yet, all these too familiar images of Marian’s consummate elation and beauty were nothing compared to how she looked in the empty courtyard of San Beda College, dazzling in dreamy couture wedding gowns created by some of the top fashion designers in the country, talking about her dream wedding, Dingdong’s other funny wedding proposal plans, her quest for the perfect custommade pure white gown, walking down the aisle with her lola, having babies, and spending the rest of her life with a great man.
ON DINGDONG’S BOTCHED WEDDING PROPOSAL PLANS:After we got engaged in Macau he told me all about his other proposal ideas. Apparently, he initially wanted to propose here in the Philippines. We’d board a flight to somewhere and then kunyari the plane will crash! Tapos sa bingit ng kamatayan, he’d pop the question with a ring in hand. Nakakaloka! He also planned to propose to me when we visited Papa in Spain. But he didn’t want to spoil our father-daughter moment so he decided against it. What he did instead was tell my dad about his intentions to marry me.
ON HER DREAM WEDDING:My dream wedding is simple. It has to be in a church, I have to be in a pure white wedding gown, and my lola (Francisca) should be the one to walk me down the aisle. [All of which she’s getting, only her Dec. 30 “royal wedding” is anything but “simple.”]
ON OPENING THEIR WEDDING TO THE PUBLIC:Our fans are a big part of our story so it’s only fitting that we share our wedding with them. Everyone’s invited through our GMA TV special, a few of the DongYan and Marian fans are also invited at the church wedding, but definitely not all of them because we can’t fit all 20 fan clubs with 200-300 members each.
ON HER WEDDING GOWN:I haven’t talked to the designer, as to who that person is hindi ko pa rin alam. But it will definitely be a Filipino designer. I still don’t know if my ideas and the designer’s ideas will jive. Pabago-bago pa rin ang isip ko. Iba pala ‘pag ikakasal ka, lahat ng naiisip mo, bago ng bago habang papalapit ang kasal. What I know for sure is that whatever gown I choose it must be worthy of the Lord. Dapat ’yung katanggap-tanggap sa mata Niya.
ON PLANNING THE WEDDING:We have wedding planners but Dong and I have the last say. It’s not easy to balance our work with planning the wedding. It’s crazy. But we’re enjoying it. We want to go through every grueling detail together.
Now I know mas maarte pala siya sa akin at mabusisi. He wants everything to be perfect, he wants the best of everything, and he’s doing it all not to impress everybody. He’s doing it all for me. Ang haba haba talaga hair ni Yan
ON PRE-WEDDING JITTERS:Maligalig ako eh. I think I’ll be the kind of bride who wouldn’t sleep on the night of her wedding day for sheer excitement! Ayoko ma-stress! Sayang naman ang wedding.
ON STARTING HER OWN FAMILYI’m so looking forward to wedded bliss and starting the next chapter of our lives together. And the babies! Kahit isang dosena, why not? (Laughs) My lola raised me in a way that I feel spoiled but I don’t act like a brat. I want to raise my own kids the same way. Gusto ko lagi kaming masaya.
ON DINGDONG:I’m so thankful that I’m marrying someone’s who’s patient, lovable, understanding, lahat na! He’s really the total package. At dahil alam ko na ang makakasama ko habang buhay ay mabuting tao. I’ve always prayed for someone who will take care of me and love me unconditionally. He’s my answered prayer.
Nakakatouch sinabi ni Yan about dong 