Author Topic: Husband has cancer :(  (Read 19727 times)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 06:40:08 pm »
So sorry to hear this, chocnats. I feel like I know you already, though I really don't. We used to post as 2014 brides, and I've also read your blog and followed your story. To hear this now makes me really sad.

I don't know what to say except that I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I believe in miracles, ever since my own dad got better from a liver disease the doctors were certain he would never recover from. I'm not one to spout religious hoo has, and it is what it is, so I'd rather not try to find an explanation for it. My point is, people get better every day and without meaning to trivialize your pain or give you false hope, I think there's really value in maintaining a positive outlook.

I wish you continued strength for yourself, your husband and your baby. Hats off to you for keeping your spirits up, and your husband's spirits up, during this difficult time. You have an inner strength that not many people have and you should count that as another blessing.

Maybe to keep your imagination from going haywire, or to keep yourself from succumbing to despair, try writing another blog? About your journey now and your husband's battle with cancer. Maybe you'll find a whole new support group there and you'll be able to inspire other people as well.

Take care chocnats. Tibay ng loob, lagi.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »
thanks sis! was actually thinking of writing about this in my blog para lang mailabas ko rin. And malay mo, added prayer warriors rin yung makakabasa nun. Ang hirap humanap lang ng timing minsan pero I'll do my best to write an entry about this.

I do believe in miracles sis and ever since this whole thing, mas lalo akong napapalapit kay God. I never considered myself as religious, but now, I really find comfort in prayers and in listening to religious songs. Pag nalulungkot ako, magdadasal lang ako kay Padre Pio and nalilift up yung spirits ko. Si hubby rin ganun, so I believe our faith is also helping us in this battle.

Please keep on praying mga sis. :)

Cheesecak3

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 07:49:13 pm »
I pray for your husband sis. Pwede din kayong pumunta kay Dr. Tan sa Binondo sis, marami na rin syang napagaling.

Stay strong.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:22 pm »
^ is this the same as dr gelvez-tan, ex-doh sec? kasi mga as in hopeless terminal cases ata mga px niya.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »
^tumawag rin mom ko may sinasabi rin siyang dr. Gelvez tan... sige try ko rin isearch siya

Cheesecak3

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 04:57:03 pm »
^I think magkaiba yan sis. Yong sa binondo kasi ay pure herbal ang pinapainom don. Sa may ongpin yon sis malapit sa Metrobank. Meron din syang thread dito sa GT, andon ang complete details.

Since ayaw nyo ng chemo and radiation, siya ang mas naisip ko na makakatulong sa inyo. Mas maganda kung mavisit nyo sya asap.


I will continue to pray for your husband sis. Stay strong.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »
Thanks sis! Sige sabihan ko rin siya if kaya naming puntahan. May appointment rin kami sa isang alternative medicine doctor na rinefer ng boss niya na cancer survivor rin..

Share ko lang rin, ever since he changed his whole diet na rin to alkaline-rich veggies, nawala na yung pagkakaroon niya ng kabag and parang bumabalik ang dati niyang lakas siya. Hinihilot rin namin yung tiyan niya every night with the blessed oil na bigay sa amin ng isang kamag-anak na devotee ni Mama Mary. At dahil dun, nararamdaman namin na parang lumiliit yung matigas na lump sa may pusod niya, which the doctor said was a metastatic lymph node. Dati matigas yung area surrounding the belly button, pero ngayon, nawala na yung matigas na part sa lower belly button. As in sa pusod na lang yung nararamdaman namin

Some may say na wishful thinking lang yun pero I believe na gumagana yung prayers namin and part yun ng miracle na hinihingi namin for his healing. So let's pray na magtuloy-tuloy ang paggaling niya. :) Thank you. :)

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »
Hi mga sis...

Not sure if ito yung right venue for this pero gusto ko lang kasi ilabas ang lungkot na nararamdaman ko. My husband and I have been married for 4 months now. Asa honeymoon stage pa kami kaya masaya naman kasi pareho pa kami nag-aadjust sa buhay mag-asawa. What's even better is binigyan kami agad ng early blessing; 19 weeks preggy na rin ako ngayon.

But then eto na yung pinakamatinding pagsubok na dumating sa aming buhay. Two weeks ago, my husband was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Sobrang nashock kami kasi he's super healthy. As in wala siyang symptoms na naramdaman except the usual kabag. I've been researching about stomach cancer and the prognosis is usually not good. :(

I know I have to be strong, not only for my husband, but also for our unborn child. Pero minsan, di ko rin mapigilan maiyak at isipin na napakaunfair ng buhay. Bakit ngayon pa? Bakit kami pa diba? 4 months pa lang kaming kasal and magkaka-anak pa kami, and yet, this disease is threatening to ruin our lives together.

We decided not to seek chemo or radiation kasi I don't want my husband to suffer from its side effects. Instead, we decided to go herbal and try other alternative medicines. Also, we became more religious, praying the rosary every night and the novena to Padre Pio. I still believe that there will be a miracle. So please help us pray for a miracle for my husband. Thank you.

so sorry to hear about this sis.
tama sabi ng ibang sisses, consider chemo. Kasi may officemate ako nagchemo and she is still young (30yo), and mas madali gumaling kasi kung mas bata.  She is ok now.


danda

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »
hug sis. :( stay strong.

jncheng

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 08:13:22 pm »
Sis, meron isang ok na chinese doctor sa hong kong. Dati based sya dito sa manila. Pagkaalam ko forte nya ang issues sa stomach.  His name is dr. Li huo chien sa north point.

Will be praying for you.  Stay strong.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 08:47:29 pm »
^ay sayang, asa hong kong siya based?

anyway, thanks for your prayers sis! :)

itsnikimendoza

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »
Hi sis @chocnats praying for your husband and for your strength too. May awa ang Diyos. :)

LGV

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 07:31:36 pm »
Sis Im so sorry to hear this, magkasama lang tayo sa 2013 weddings thread. I know no words can comfort you at this moment pero tama yan na maging mas religious kayo and Im very sure na yung pagdadasal nyo kay Father Pio will help a lot. Be strong for your baby and for your husband as well lahat naman nakukuha sa dasal syempre may kasamang gawa din kayang kaya nyo yan and I will pray for your family. I hope to hear a good news coming from you pagdating ng panahon na nalagpasan nyo na to. God bless you and your family sis.

krispygreen

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 06:31:21 pm »
Na sad din ako dito sa post mo sis chocnats. Before lang nakikita kita sa wedding preps thread. I was also a silent reader of your blogs regarding preps and food tasting and like you, newly wed din ako and parang ang hirap isipin na nag sstart pa lang tayo bumuo ng family yet ganyan agad yung trial. I admire your strengh and your outlook. Will be praying for your husband and your family Sis.

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »
Thank you sis LGV and krispygreen. Please keep on praying.

May times talaga na I feel bad dahil sa situation namin. Like kanina, nagpacheckup ako sa doctor and learned na we'll have a baby girl. Minsan naiisip ko na sana kasama ko siya nun para maexperience namin sabay ang milestone na yun, but of course di pwede dahil sa sakit niya. But then again, i still have faith na gagaling siya. :)

Romina

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 10:50:37 am »
My mom had ovarian cancer, she wanted to go the alternative way. We went to see an herbalist who specializes in cancer treatments. For 2 years, my mom was taking his concoctions religiously. But it did not help her. It was too late for chemo. The cancer metastasized to her lungs and spine. I suggest you go ahead and see an oncologist. My mom was super healthy too, except her for belly that looks like laging busog. Alternative medicine has it's benefits, but for cancer I think I would rather go modern. If I only I can turn back time, I would choose modern medicine for my mother's treatment.

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »
Sis, you can look up Dr Tam Mateo, lagi sya sa Salamat Dok.

It also wouldn't hurt if you check the thread about Anthony Vivero, there were stories that he healed cancer stricken patients. It might help.

Priceless

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 11:07:12 am »
Sorry to hear about your husband's illness - I pray for his healing, and your strength as a person (to sustain your spouse) and strength as a couple to endure this together.

IMHO, you should explore all available options, not just alternative medicine. In fairness, while maraming nagagamot sa alternative cures, ganun din siguro kadami (if not more) ang nagagamot ng mainstream medicine. I hope that even if you take the path of alternative medicine, you are still guided by someone who is professionally and medically trained. Like sis Romina said below, while you are seeking these alternative cures, and while your husband appears to be and feels well, you might be (unknowingly) reaching a threshold where your husband won't have any more options na.

I understand that you don't want your husband to suffer, and you want to be as supportive as you can for him. But don't let your own fears add to his and cloud your judgement.

 

chocnats

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 01:24:01 pm »
Thank you for all your advices mga sis.

We actually went to an oncologist referred to by his doctor, and unfortunately, the prognosis was still the same. surgery is out of the question, and chemo and radiation can only do so much, especially since medyo rare for his age yung cancer niya. Puro experimental drugs lang ang pwedeng ibigay sa kanya, which are both expensive and have no guarantee to succeed. In fact, ang sabi nga nila these drugs will only prolong his life, pero most probably he'd be too weak rin to function normally.

I asked him again what's his decision, and he is firm talaga na he does not want to risk it. He'd rather use the money na lang daw to save up for our baby.

So please keep on praying for him. :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:27:56 pm by chocnats »

Pogi_Din

  • Guest
Re: Husband has cancer :(
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 01:26:48 pm »
Eto simpleng payo lang.. no complications..kayang kaya nyo gawin to.
Just stay with your healthy living ( walang alak, sigarilyo, puyat )
exercise daily ( light, mild, heavy ) kung allin ang suit sa inyo.
Drink plenty of water, avoid na mga colored drinks sa mga convenient store.
Drink daily fresh Juice ( buy ka ng Juicer sa mall )
-Juice combination of fruits & vegetables
fruits = Apple, Pears, Grapes
Vegetables = Ampalaya, cabbage, cucumber, carrots, malunggay

if you can do that daily, i am 101% sure your hubby will live more than 20yrs++++

wag ka na mag-panic pa sa mga doctor etc.

try it.. its all pure.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close