watch now

Author Topic: Iron deficiency / Aneamia  (Read 11562 times)

morrigan-erinyes

  • Guest
Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:48:25 am »
Hello soon-to-be moms!

Who among you have been anaemic even before pregnancy or have developed aneamia during pregnancy? Were you able to address it? What did you do? What procedure you have to go pre and post childbirth?

My heamoglobin level (before I got pregnant) is at the minimum of the normal range. When I got pregnant however, it's lower than normal. I've been taking iron supplements (Sangobion) since 2nd trimester but to no avail.

I'm 37 weeks and me and my doctor is kind of worried.


iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:33:03 am »
^ sis do you take vitamin c? vitamin c augments the absorption of iron. or drink it with orange juice. ;)

morrigan-erinyes

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:20:43 pm »
Yup I do. 2 glasses of pineapple juice everyday. Baka nga pagsabayin ko nalang yung pag-inom ko ng iron tsaka nung pineapple.

Thanks you :)

sixteen_16

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:48:00 am »
Anemic nako before pako mabuntis..my ob told me to take pre natal na sangobion and eat dark meats and green veggies..iwasan mo sis coffee or caffeine drinks kasi nakakahinder un sa pagabsorb ng iron.. nagnormal naman ako nung the day na nanganak nako.. :)

Beng01

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »
Ako naman low blood talaga ako eversince kahit hindi pa buntis. I took Hemarate pero nasusuka ako pag tine-take ko dati, kaya my OB switched me to Sorbifer.

Sabi ng OB dapat everyday tinetake ang iron, para pag nanganak na ko hindi ako maubusan ng dugo, if not, blood transfusion ang mangyayari.

I am on my 32 weeks.

morrigan-erinyes

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:50 am »
Anemic nako before pako mabuntis..my ob told me to take pre natal na sangobion and eat dark meats and green veggies..iwasan mo sis coffee or caffeine drinks kasi nakakahinder un sa pagabsorb ng iron.. nagnormal naman ako nung the day na nanganak nako.. :)
Good for you. I rarely drink anything that has caffeine. Usually water lang talaga iniinom ko.

Ako naman low blood talaga ako eversince kahit hindi pa buntis. I took Hemarate pero nasusuka ako pag tine-take ko dati, kaya my OB switched me to Sorbifer.

Sabi ng OB dapat everyday tinetake ang iron, para pag nanganak na ko hindi ako maubusan ng dugo, if not, blood transfusion ang mangyayari.

I am on my 32 weeks.
Everyday naman ako nag te-take ng iron supplements ko. There was a time pa nga my OB told me to take 2 iron supplements everyday for 2 weeks to no avail.

I'm just hoping hindi ako dumating sa point ng transfusion :(

42yomom

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:10:42 am »
May ganun palang case na kahit may iron supplements eh anaemic pa rin? Baka your body is not properly absorbing the iron supplement, sis. What time do you usually take it? The best time daw is 1hr before meal or 2 hrs after. In short, empty stomach.

shinta

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 06:49:45 pm »
ganito din ako nung first pregnancy ko. in all my CBCs, laging bagsak hemoglobin level ko kaya si OB, adjust ng adjust ng iron supplements. it came to a point that I was taking 3 iron tablets everyday tapos yung prenatal vitamins ko with iron and folic acid pa. pero mababa pa din sa normal level, although di naman masyado mababa. di naman ako nangailangan ng transfusion when I gave birth via emergency CS.

now, 2nd pregnancy, ganun ulit. ang ginagawa ko ngayon is i'm taking iron supplement (sorbifer) with pineapple juice kasi vit. c aids in iron absorption. di ko pa sure if effective, di pa kasi ako bibigyan ulit ni OB ng request for CBC.

ladyrai

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 10:33:06 pm »
Hi mga sis 😊
im 37th week pregnant and anemic din. I used to take sangobion pero konti lang itinaas ng hemoglobin ko, from 8 to 9 lang.
kaya pinatake na sakin yung Sorbifer kasi mas mataas daw iron non. Effective ba sa inyo mga sis yung Sorbifer Durules?
Kaso ang weird lang, mas mura yung Sorbifer sa Sangobion haha

curlygirl

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:48 pm »
Hi mga sissies! I so envy you really kasi you're halfway there na to give birth. My story is this, I miscarried on Nov.3, 2014 and on that day, I fainted, had shortness of breath, heart palpitations, felt cold, and tingling sensation. All symptoms of anemia na felt ko on that day. I didn't know at first that it was due to blood loss. I was 14 weeks. Then on Nov. 8, 2014, I was admitted to the hospital again because I couldn't take all the symptoms, especially feeling cold and having heart palpitations. I had my blood tested (CBC), and it showed that my hemoglobin is 10, hematocrit is .30, and RBC count is 3.39. These were below the normal range. I don't know why the doc discharged me that time. He said I didn't have to be transfused with blood because it can be treated with iron supplements. He didn't seem so concerned of my symptoms, so I went home and suffered all the symptoms for two weeks. But I've been taking iron din naman EVERY DAY. Now, it's almost 4 weeks from my mc, and the symptoms have subsided naman, but I still easily get cold although it's scorching hot and feel exhausted most of the time.

So sissies, don't let anemia suffer you from the symptoms, nakaka stroke ang anemia, to be honest with you, and you won't like it. I wasn't anemic before I got pregnant, but I have anemia now because of blood loss. :( :( My concern now is that when will I recover completely? I was very energetic and healthy before I miscarried, but now I couldn't even walk a long distance from home. :(

iamABreal

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 03:03:29 pm »
Problem ko din to, now lang nung nabuntis ako. I'm 35th weeks now. Nung mga August, sabi ni OB na anemic nga daw ako, so i took my iron supp. twice a day up until now, sana pag nag CBC ako may improvement naman :/ I'm worried :/

Hindi ko alam kung may kinalaman yung work ko sa pagiging anemic ko now, kasi night shift ako, from 10pm until 7am. 

Any other ways para maging ok maliban sa pag take ng iron supp.?

Suggest naman kayo mga sissies..

Thanks in advance :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 06:10:28 pm »
You can also eat food rich in iron-leafy green veggies(the darker the better), lean meats, etc

iamABreal

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 06:50:34 pm »
khriseeee
Thanks sa suggestions sis! As much as possible talaga tinatry ko ganyan ang mga kainin. Sana talaga may improvement :)

Ingat sating lahat :D

arragalang

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 06:15:34 pm »
Hi fellow moms or moms to be, :)

Question po, kahit hindi anemic kelangan mag take ng iron vitamins? My doctor kasi niresitahan ako ng Hemarate for my entire pregnancy na daw yun. mejo expensive lang sya P20 per tab. Iniisip ko if pwede kaya ako mag generic para makatipid.

Ano po ang gamit nyong Ferrous Sulfate, mommies?

erza0916

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »
I wanna ask this din. Hindi naman ako anemic pero niresetahan din ako ng hemarate. Ang dami kong binili only to find out na hindi kaya ng tyan ko. Sobrang sakit sa sikmura kahit itake ko kasabay ng pagkain. Sabi ng OB ganun daw talaga pag Iron so pinilit ko parin pero hindi talaga. Pwede bang wag na itake competely hindi naman ako anemic?

betsyness

  • Guest
Re: Iron deficiency / Aneamia
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:56 pm »
i guess it's still better to follow your doctor's prescription to take iron. it will help you in the future because there will still be blood loss pag nanganak ka. i'm anemic too and having double dosage now. i hope it will help improve kasi lagi din akong puyat because of backache.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close