watch now

Author Topic: Single or multiple cities/ countries?  (Read 1911 times)

mameejhy

  • Guest
Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« on: August 23, 2014, 12:45:49 am »
How do you travel abroad? Do you visit a single city/ region only (i.e. Paris, France only, Paris + Bordeux, France)? Or, do you travel to multiple countries in a single trip (i.e. Paris, France + Madrid, Spain)?

letters_to_cleo

  • Guest
Re: Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 04:38:40 am »
It depends on the length of stay sis.  I live in Madrid and we have a lot of long weekends ( 3 day weekends) so for this,  I try to find cheap tickets out of Madrid months in advance.  Because three days lang usually one place lang talaga ang pinupuntahan ko.  I´ve visited Lyon, Lisbon, Budapest using these short three day weekends, pero one city at a time lang.

Pero on my summer holidays ( usually ten -12 days) I try to pack in as much cities as possible pero hindi naman yung ngarag.  Last year on my holiday I did Rotterdam-Haarlem-Brussels-Paris in 12 days.  I just came back from my 10 day bakasyon last week and i did naman Ibiza-Dusseldorf-Cologne-Hamburg.

Pero I think what is important is to know the pacing you want with your travels and also if you have kids and such.  I travel usually with just fellow single friends or alone so I can do whole day walks or wake up early and sleep super late during my travels.  But for those with families and kids, I suppose the pacing would be a little less harried.  So really, it depends on your situation/travel companions  :-)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:37 am »
If the place is new:  hit as many sites as possible.  On return trips: we stay longer in less places to really experience the city. 

mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 01:10:08 pm »
Siguro nga, it depends on the city's size and what it has to offer.

We currently live in Qatar and we can tour/ see the whole country for less than 7 days. On the other hand, we went to Turkey and we were only able to see (around 90%) Istanbul in our 10 days stay.

We are planning to visit Paris, France next year. Early as now. I'm trying to have a "plan" if we should just concentrate in France (Paris + Nice, etc) or also to visit Spain (Madrid + Paris)... for the sake of visiting two countries, at once! :D  If ever, we will do 10-25 days trip. Oh and yes, we have 3 kids with us. ;D

It depends on the length of stay sis.  I live in Madrid and we have a lot of long weekends ( 3 day weekends) so for this,  I try to find cheap tickets out of Madrid months in advance.  Because three days lang usually one place lang talaga ang pinupuntahan ko.  I´ve visited Lyon, Lisbon, Budapest using these short three day weekends, pero one city at a time lang.

Pero on my summer holidays ( usually ten -12 days) I try to pack in as much cities as possible pero hindi naman yung ngarag.  Last year on my holiday I did Rotterdam-Haarlem-Brussels-Paris in 12 days.  I just came back from my 10 day bakasyon last week and i did naman Ibiza-Dusseldorf-Cologne-Hamburg.


Do you take the train, bus or airplane? :)

If the place is new:  hit as many sites as possible.  On return trips: we stay longer in less places to really experience the city. 

Uy, gusto ko yan haha! ;)

letters_to_cleo

  • Guest
Re: Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 06:36:03 pm »
Hi Mameejhy,  I usually take the plane out of Madrid, then pag nandun ka na sa country na yun, you can choose either train or plane.  Sa totoo lang mahal ang longhaul trains sa EU almost kaprice na ng plane fares but must masaya mag train.  If you will do the Paris-Belgium-NL route mas masaya magtrain :-)  In Germany,  nagtrain lang ako from one city to another.  BTW, if you plan to visit Spain from Paris, better you visit Barcelona? Mas closer sya to Spain eh and also to be honest mas marami syang tourist attractions kesa Madrid :-) My point of view lang ha.  But I love Madrid! syempre biased ako, but given only a few days, you will appreciate the more flashy attractions in Barcelona than in Madrid.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 05:03:58 am »
Aside from length of time, depende din sa trip ninyo na holidays. Last holiday namin was in Turkey, 7 days but we stayed in one area (beach) lang dahil we decided na relaxing holiday. Normally kapag at least a week ang holidays namin we go to two cities.   But most ng travel namin is one place lang dahil long weekend lang or tipong 4 days.  Having said that kahit matagal holidays namin hindi din madami ang pinupuntahan namin.  Mga at least 3 days sa isang place.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Single or multiple cities/ countries?
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 01:26:34 am »
I'm a fan of multiple cities/countries in one go. Parang amazing race lang. I've done Thailand-Cambodia-Vietnam, Malaysia-Indonesia-Singapore, and of course, Macau-HK. Hindi ko kasi kaya na one week yung trip tapos stuck lang ako sa isang lugar. Okay lang sakin if one country tapos two or three cities/towns. In Korea, I went to Pyeongchang from Seoul via bus. In Japan, I did Kyoto-Tokyo-Osaka via shinkansen. And in Russia, Moscow then St. Petersburg via overnight train. I enjoy kasi living like the locals even for just a few days, so I appreciate experiencing din how they travel from one place to the other. And I like long land trips para I get to see yung rural areas din.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close