Author Topic: GT Silver Foxes  (Read 532 times)

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
GT Silver Foxes
« on: August 14, 2014, 04:32:45 am »
not sure kung may network thread na for 'not so young' GT talkers.  i'm curious if there are any other over 50 girl talker/s out there.  i thought to create one because let's face it,  we've experienced way more in terms of years,  plus our point of view regarding the current times is much different bec we're looking at it from somebody who's been around the block, some more than once.

anyway,  i don't like the term 'cougar' as that implies a negative connotation for me.  so 'silver fox' for me is better.  and i do have gray hair and proud of it!

so if you are 50+ or not 50 yet but an old soul, or you're prematurely gray, or you're a grandma/pa or if you're fond of old fogeys/farts,  share your life story/observations/musings/anecdotes/life lessons  here : 

i copied this somewhere and it's so right on to this topic:

Gray hair is no longer considered unattractive. It is actually quite the opposite. Gray hair equals pride, confidence, and independence, which equals SEXY. Be bold and embrace the gray!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:39:04 am by TysLolakins »
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

candygrenade

• Strawberry Girl, Banana Split Lady
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • 永遠に愛してくれてありがとう♥
Re: GT Silver Foxes
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:18:45 am »
Not a silver fox nor an old soul, but I just couldn’t help but agree with the quoted text about gray hair.

I always found gray or silver hair to be ravishing. Never understood older folks who darken it when there are people like me who wish they could achieve and maintain that sophisticated silvery ashen tone to our bleached blonde hair.

Oh, and I love that term too. “Silver fox.” Attagirl! 8)
Ego tells us that only when things fall into place will we attain Peace. But if we listen to the Spirit, our Higher Self will tell us that only when we are at Peace will things fall into place...

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
Re: GT Silver Foxes
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 02:06:33 am »
^then you'll like my hair.  see, the way they grow out,  it's not on the hairline by the forehead or by the ears where typically you'll see them.  also because i don't color mine,  i don't have the what i call 'skunk' look, you know the one where the roots is white.  mine looks like highlights,  as if i had it done that way.  people have mistaken it for regular highlights actually.
ha ha ha,  i guess i luck out in that area.

i let my gray come out 4 years ago when my grandson was born.  that time also coincided with the end of my monthly visitor.  it seemed his birth signaled the start of the next phase of my life, that of being a lola.  it's as if my body went into some kind of metamorphosis too.  :) .

but vanity does not go away just because age is creeping up.  i still blow dry and flat iron my hair everyday to tame those grays.  when hair turns gray,  it gets coarser in texture.

yes, i do embrace my gray.  each gray hair represents each conflict and challenge in life that i overcame.  and look at me,  i'm still alive !
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close