Author Topic: Surprising your hubby!  (Read 4343 times)

reeseay

  • Guest
Surprising your hubby!
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:16:09 pm »
hi everyone.. my hubby's birthday is coming up. please help me decide on the following ideas in mind. i can't decide kase gusto ko lahat gawin pero it is too much re: budget-wise.

1. Yummy Diet - this is a 1 week meal plan (breakfast, merienda, lunch and dinner). This is delivered the day before consumption. So if he starts Monday, they will deliver it on Sunday - 2PM. Planning to include notes on the delivery everyday. Problem ko lang is parang sobrang re-heat naman na ang mangyayare. hindi masyadong healthy knowing na sa microwave lang ito ire-reheat. (this is something new kase and might surprise him)
2. Shakey's delivery at their office - that includes 1 party pizza and 5 chicken with mojos. Problem is, hindi ba nakakahiya sa officemates niya kung kunti lang yung makakakain. Kase i'm sure hindi magkakasya sa kanila yung 1 party pizza sa dami nila. (shakey's is his favorite meal ever since)
3. 21 is holiday and 20 is his birthday. We will celebrate it at home. I will cook pero i still don't know what meals should I cook. Or magpadeliver instead. I bake cupcakes pero i am planning to order a beer gravity defying cake to a friend. (the usual thing i do every year)

by the way, aside from one of those above, i am planning to buy him a white converse shoes to partner with my son's white shoes.

kayo, which one do you prefer? i'm torn.

KimSuni

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:25:59 pm »
hi sis actual we got the same problem since malapit na din bday ni hubby, but anyway we have different option on what to do... on your given list I've prefer yun ikaw sis yun mag cook for him esp.if you never done that before..magpractice kana ng favorite nyang food...cook small servings first para matry mo if ok ba yun lasa and if presentable ba yun design na gagawin mu...patikim mu na din sa mga honest judge ha..yun alam mung magkicritize ng gagawin mu para alam mu if need improvement..

wag na din yun pa ulet ulet na option kasi if every year ganun na yun ginagawa mu expected na nya yun na pagbday nya ganun lang...ang mga lalaki din kasi nag eexpect and they want something new surprise..

about sa delivery ng shakeys for me ok lang..kasi yun delivery for your husband not for his officemate tama? so if hindi kakasya aba'y mahiya naman na sila..kung si hubby mu yun magtetreat ng shakeys at di kasya yun ang medyo nakakahiya..pero since ikaw yun magsusurprise delivery for its ok and worth it kasi magugulat talaga sya...lagyan mu na din ng love quotes kahit corny...corny din ang mga guys ha.. :) :) :)

reeseay

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »
^thanks for your input sis. actually yung cooking at home is 3 consecutive years ko ng ginagawa. i usually invite his friends sa bahay and i cook and bake for them. i decorate the house din with balloons. kaya least option ko na sana siya.

yung 1 and 2 talaga is something new to him.

nabuhayan ako sa opinion mo re: shakey's. so yes, 1 point na to shakey's. maraming salamat.

KimSuni

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »
your welcome sis..
pero di ako talaga interasado sa 1st hehe sorry..kasi for me when you say yummy its something fresh or newly cooked or baked..if i mimicrowave against na ako dun..but if your hubby is on a diet for me lang ha parang they make an effort on themselves na mismo agad..usually gym or work out ang guy then sinasabi naman nila sa partner nila na they want a diet meal para sabay kayo kasi for me lang parang nakaka-offend kasi kung bigyan mu sya ng diet then ayaw pala nya di ba? :)

kaiz

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:29:27 pm »
TS, gawin mo nalang 2 party pizza if di kasya yung 1

reeseay

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:35 pm »
^^thanks sis. actually he is on a diet. kaya ko din siya ni-consider. ok lang sana kung same day delivery i would understand that kase at least he can eat the breakfast right away. pero the thought of next day consumption medyo alangan ako. i find it sweet lang kase will give it with notes and it is a complete whole day meal na for him. i know he'd love it.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:38:33 am »

TS, ito ang suggestion ko....

1) Shakey's delivery - mas prefer ko sa bahay nalang. Para sure hindi magkukulang. Maraming makakapal muks ngyon eh haha

Or another option is you deliver the Shakey's pizza after lunch na para busog na mga tao haha

2) Is it possible to tell your hubby na wala ka munang preps gagawin this year, pero you are doing all the preps the next day.  Can you pull that off?  Parang make him run a difficult errand sa labas habang marami ka pang ginagawa. PAg uwi nya, lahat ng friends nya and yung food ready na waiting for him.

Yung Yummy diet - parang di ko ito feel. Parang iba parin kasi kung luto mo, mas may personal touch. Unless gusto nya talaga ito itry.


reeseay

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 09:47:05 am »
^^thanks sis. pero hindi ba siya magsasawa for another year of the same surprise? haha. last year kase i did this already. and i cooked all his fave meals. tapos i invited his friends at home without him knowing.

also, he works night shift kaya hindi ko yun mapapalayas at daytime.

he wanted a kikiam-squid ball-fish ball party the day after his birthday which is a holiday. kamusta naman?! hahaha.

Diane

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:28:51 am »
unique idea to sis!

kikiam-squid ball-fish ball party the day

nicola_juliano

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 10:18:20 am »
Umabsent ka on that day and ikaw mismo magdeliver ng home cooked meal for him. Tapos may cake and balloons pa (if kaya mo dalhin and have a car... )

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 12:50:04 pm »
What I did before, kinausap ko yung AA ni hubby. I coordinated for a merienda salo-salo sa office nila. I ordered food na gusto ni hubby - so pansit malabon, pork barbeque, pichi-pichi and drinks. Then me pinaabot ako card kay hubby during the merienda. Nasa 12pax sila, so I ordered for 15pax para me konting extra..

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:00 am »
My hubby's birthday is coming up in September and unfortunately it falls on a Monday and we both can't go on leave due to critical work assignments. Sooo, I'm planning to surprise him with an intimate brunch or dinner party with his family on Sunday. I'm still in the process of finalizing the resto reservation.

mommyysa

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 02:50:27 pm »
pinagiisipan ko if i will book an overnight stay sa hotel, then dun kami stay with our daughter, dinner, swimming and pa-massage kami, parang relaxing since halos everyday sya work, i want to pamper him.  or invite his friends/officemates in our house and mag cook ako foods? tia! :)

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 05:12:19 pm »
^ I vote for a staycation. Para chillax lang. Basta nice hotel. :)

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 05:44:18 pm »
my husband is celebrating his 30th this December and I'm planning on surprising him too. Gusto nya mag interstate na lang kami for a week but he doesn't know na I'm planning on whisking him away overseas! He wouldn't know until nasa international departure na kami :D I've got a fake itinerary na for Melb to print na rin. Iniisip ko lang what about hotel and car "reservations" in case he asks about them... But everything else, I've got planned na

- I'm using my CC (na I completely forgot about) to purchase the plane tickets and pay for hotel reservations
- everythinng we need, I'll buy myself secretly and just get them delivered to my office
- pack his things in my suitcase... so whatever he decides to bring to "Melbourne", keber na if magagamit nya sa real destination or not since I have everything na he needs in MY luggage

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 04:42:21 am »
Gusto nya mag interstate na lang kami for a week but he doesn't know na I'm planning on whisking him away overseas!

that's awesome.  i wish i could plan a surprise international vacation too.  make sure his passport expiration date is good to go.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 08:18:01 am »

sis oreo08, oo nga!  such a nice surprise!

pinklilac

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 02:17:03 pm »
Me din sis this early nag iisip na para sa bday ni husband sa November.
Medyo limited budget ko dahil wala pa naman ako work dito sa Australia.

oreo08

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 07:47:10 pm »
^ and ^^, thanks!! :D passports are all ok - his won't expire until 2022! Nakabili na rin ako ng pasikreto ng insect repellant and sunblock. Kelangan na lang ng boardshorts for him which I'll get shipped to my office na lang

I cannot wait to see his reaction. Now, because we have a toddler (15 mos old when we leave), I just have to make sure I pack lots of toys, books and LOTSSS of snacks kasi baka maging stressful lang for my hubby yun flight if di ko naprepare

so far, I've booked na our flights. Tomorrow I'll book na our first hotel. I want to go around Patong the first 3 days we're there and plan ko isign up sya ng Muay Thai session (as another surprise). Then, the remaining 2 nights, lipat kami sa ibang area na mas secluded at beach front... here, may final surprise ako for him which is a private dinner by the beach kami overlooking the Andaman sea.

hedonista

  • Guest
Re: Surprising your hubby!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 12:13:04 pm »
I am going through rough times in my marriage (3 years) and 7 years togetherness (7 year itch?) but when I came across this thread parang nabuhayan ako. Actually naisip ko yung Shakey's na yan kanina lang though d pa nya birthday, gusto ko ipadeliver kahit bunch of lunch and extras for his lunch. He works nightshift in Makati so effort ito tapos wait ko out nya sabay kami uuwi. Prelude sa bday nya sa october kesa naman yung "iba" gumawa if I give up agad.

I love this thread. Gave me a tinge of hope and naalala ko nung bago bago pa kami sa relationship. Pag pumapakla patamisin ulit pakornihan muna ulit. I still love him and my son. Dedma na if sira bday ko and my son and our 3rd wedding anniv.

When I read this thread, I told myself. May october pa. Birthday nya.

May the force be with me.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close