Author Topic: MID range wedding gown designers  (Read 199615 times)

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2017, 09:38:39 pm »
^ sis I saw na the reviews.. trying to look for more updated feedback on her baka naman nag-improve na ang fitting nya but can't seem to find one..

Super different nga ng style ni Boom vs. Richie.. I'll give an update again after I see their sketches..

I also want Mak Tumang din kaso over budget.. Though pwede pa naman kunin sa ibang items on the wedding like styling iyong budget haha.. So I'm also thinking if I'll set up an appointment with him..

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2017, 09:42:36 pm »
 Chili1113: Actually I just want elegant and romantic looking gown. Not too over the top beading, what I told her nga is that small, dainty details only. Nothing chunky and loud, no silvery details.. My wedding is also morning so di rin bagay ang super beaded gowns which is madalas ko makita now..

I'll wait for her sketch nalang. She said one week eh, usually ba she do send in a week or more pa?

rowan

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #562 on: February 27, 2017, 09:18:10 am »
Thanks Chili113! Im excited to see it as well! It's also a challenge for me to stay fit so I'll look good in it!:)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #563 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:46 am »
Hi mga sis, sharing to you my wedding gown last Feb 18 (photos are taken by the guests kasi wala pa yung official wedding photos namin) I'm just so grateful kasi super talented ng wedding gown designer ko. Si Rex Nicdao. All my guests are telling me until now na nagandahan sila sa gown ko.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5shcie1imo2im1y/AAC-3zqbMqY0-i_ZN508XCOia?dl=0

SDE:
https://vimeo.com/204861956

sophistique

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »
Sent my peg to different designers (a lace ball gown that has minimal embellishments, pa-Disney princess effect ;D). So far, some of them have quoted me:

Desino Dulce - 50k (although I have recently read reviews here)
Emman Ocampo - 50k
Jazel Sy - starts at 80k if laces and beads are until lower waist
Kristel Yulo - starts at 95k if details are until the hip area, 125k if until the hemline
(Kristel will launch an RTW collection as well next month)
Elizabeth Hallie Vy - 75k for half lace gown, 95k for a full one
Mel Orlina - 68 to 78k

I would really appreciate your inputs, thank you so much.  :)

kobekitten

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #565 on: March 07, 2017, 05:36:15 pm »
@hearty2017 I previously had a few evening gowns made by Teena Sabrina Tan, and it took 1-2 fittings only. So I got her for my entourage gowns. For my wedding gown, I got Vidal Clayton of Cecilio Abad.

Nokie

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #566 on: March 07, 2017, 06:16:07 pm »
hearty2017,  if you are going with very dainty beading maybe you can try Elizabeth Hallie Vy.  Her quote is very reasonable! I also inquired with Richie, I agree she's super detailed and very mabait. Nahiya nga ako nung una to say na I won't book her na hehe.

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #567 on: March 07, 2017, 09:52:35 pm »
hi sis nokie, how much is her starting rate?

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #568 on: March 17, 2017, 10:02:42 pm »
Hello Ladies! :) Any Kristel Yulo, Julianne Syjuco, Mara Chua, Aoui Regala, and Vania Romoff brides here? Just want to hear your feedback when it comes to supplier-client relationship.

The design that I'm eyeing for is A line, sleeveless, lace, with flower appliques, and minimal to no beading. Second look is okay but not mandatory. I already sent them my gown pegs and they already provided me their quotations. Sharing with you the initial quotation that I got:

Kristel Yulo - 75K to 90K
Julianne Syjuco - 90K
Mara Chua - 50K to 75K
Aoui Regala - 60K to 65K
Vania Romoff - 100K

I'm really torn which designer to choose. But my favorite really is Julianne Syjuco and Kristel Yulo because my gown pegs are really up to their alley. Aoui Regala is new but very promising. I'm also reading very good feedbacks towards her. Mara Chua's style is unique and very creative, I love how she choose the fabrics and the fitting of each gown is just wow. Vania Romoff is Vania Romoff, no questions about her design and quality of gowns.

Thanks, ladies and hope to read feedbacks from my shortlisted designers :)

Nokie

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #569 on: March 19, 2017, 10:13:38 am »
Hi hearty, she quoted me 65k for my peg (short sleeves beaded tulle gown with dainty details) when others quoted me 80-115k for the same peg. I inquired with Joe San Antonio, Rosalyn Lagdameo, Kristel Yulo and Richie Ortega-Torres.

hearty2017

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #570 on: March 19, 2017, 05:15:57 pm »
Hi sisses!!!

I just booked my wedding gown designer! I chose Mak Tumang! I really like his ball gowns and he's also very nice. He listens to the details I want but also suggest on things we can improve on. :)

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #571 on: March 20, 2017, 02:43:35 pm »
Hi decibel28, I'm happy naman with Vania Romoff. I really liked her aesthetic na before pa; I wanted something fairly simple lang kasi - no beads, no lace, but with pockets. :)

I think around three times lang kami nag-meet in person kasi I'm based overseas and could only fly in during weekends, and Vania is available on weekdays lang (she just gave birth din kasi - I knew this naman when I booked her). Pero they opened pa din on Saturdays to accommodate me, and then her assistants would take pictures na lang to send to her. When I wanted to change something din, si Bea na lang yung nag-relay ng request ko.

Whenever I'd go in for fittings they always had to make adjustments because I was still losing weight and they also had to keep fixing yung sa bust na part (hindi pantay hahaha XD) pero they never gave me any grief about it naman. And their dress-up service is great din, they were with me all the way to the church and held my dress up kasi it just rained. Funny kasi when my photog asked them to let go of the dress so he can take a photo they refused kasi maputik daw haha (even my coord din ayaw mag-let go sa veil).

I had a couple of minor issues lang, like sometimes when I come in for appointments I have to wait mga half an hour; hindi ako sanay kasi I was working in Japan then and I was used to everything being on time. And I noticed din na my contract and sketch indicated a horsehair trim pero wala dun sa dress ko; dinagdag lang nila when I pointed it out.

But overall, I'm satisfied naman. I think there may be cheaper options na just as good, pero personally I did not have time to shop around and I wanted to go with someone na sure talaga ako with the output, after so many bad experiences with dresses not turning out the way I thought they would. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:20:48 pm by littlemissbiatch »

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #572 on: March 20, 2017, 03:27:03 pm »
Hello littlemissbiatch :) Thanks for sharing your experience with Vania Romoff, much appreciated :)

I saw your gown nga and it was lovely! I want a simple gown din kasi, minimal to no beading and a bit of lace and other appliques sana, and of course, the powerful pockets ;) I am also an overseas bride so before our wedding on April 14, 2018, 6 times naman ang scheduled na uwi ko, so I hope kaya na yun for fittings.

It's nice to hear na their dress-up service is really good, because I think that is very important. And Bea is very accommodating sa e-mail, swift response and very detailed when it comes to her responses and questions with me.

Though among all my shortlisted designers that I've posted, Vania is the most expensive. You're correct, weekdays lang siya available kaya she's the only designer na na book ko on a separate day. Let's see. I wanna meet muna din the other designers and see if we'll have the rapport :)

Thanks again ha for sharing! :)

Xgbride17

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #573 on: March 21, 2017, 10:26:24 am »
Hello mga sis! Share ko lang, I just had a talk with my gown designer Manny Halasan and he's definitely a good find. For those who don't consider it a hassle to travel to Bulacan, his work is very reasonably priced  just tell him your budget. He is also a crown/jewelry designer who makes gowns for BB. Pilipinas/Ms. Earth candidates  so expect the intricacy of your beadwork design to be superb and unique. Super bait kausap (responds fast) and very open to your suggestions dahil gusto nya happy ka. I'm an overseas bride and our fitting schedule was already planned out for November, plus he allowed me to borrow prenup gowns for free.  8) 

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #574 on: March 21, 2017, 10:46:15 pm »
exquisitegem Pretty gown! Wawie ka ba? I think I saw that post before there :)
sophistique I'm a Mel Orlina bride. You can check my supplier review in our blog. Click the link below :) Just ask lang if you have any questions.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #575 on: March 22, 2017, 11:43:24 am »
Hi sis! Thanks!  Yup wawie din ako. Nagpost ako ng review dun. :)

Heyille029

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #576 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:58 am »
Got Edward Teng for my wedding gown nung wedding ko last year Jan 2016. Got it for 50k lang. :)

sophistique

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #577 on: March 22, 2017, 11:38:13 pm »
sophistique I'm a Mel Orlina bride. You can check my supplier review in our blog. Click the link below :) Just ask lang if you have any questions.

Thank you! :) I will check your blog. She quoted me 68-78k for a lace ball gown. I'm currently liking Elizabeth Hallie's style with laces but I haven't met her yet, same with other designers.

decibel28

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #578 on: March 23, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »
Hello sophistique :) To be honest this is my favorite thread here in GT hehe! Elizabeth Hallie Vy is in my list before. For my wedding gown kasi, I don't like beads, minimal beading lang to no beading sana and more on lace and other appliques. I'm also looking for soft fabrics. Now I'm considering Kristel Yulo, Julianne Syjuco, Aoui Regala, and Vania Romoff.

Did you already scheduled an appointment with her? Let me know your comments ha once you met her :) Thank you!

sophistique

  • Guest
Re: MID range wedding gown designers
« Reply #579 on: March 23, 2017, 03:25:10 pm »
We have the same preference, decibel28! As much as possible, I want to refrain from heavy beadwork, but that's also because I'll have an outdoor wedding. I have a schedule with her but for next month pa because of my schedule na rin. She is nice and accommodating naman, different from this one review that I've read.  Perhaps a little shy lang. I will let you know once we've met. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close