watch now

Author Topic: Foreign / Non-English Movies  (Read 6479 times)

castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 11:44:02 am »
^ South Korean ba siya, sis?

Another suggestion from me is a Japanese movie called: The Twilight Samurai.

FliPPy_LaDdY

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 12:02:12 pm »
keep it coming mga sis! pero para di OT share ko muna ang Miracle No. 7

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 06:00:48 pm »
^^Argentina yung The Secret in Their Eyes, sis. Susunod ko yung Cell 211.

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 03:25:58 am »
Maganda yung Cell 211 sis! Isusunod ko nga yang The Secret in their Eyes. Ang taas ng rating sa IMDB eh.

castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 07:23:51 am »
thanks! Meron sa Netflix nung The Secret in their Eyes. Familiar yung movie na ito pero I don't really remember the ending kaya I'm gonna have to watch again. yung Cell 211 hanapin ko siya sa Youtube.

ladyxylenz

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 03:55:44 pm »

thai movie:

- crazy little thing called love
- my name is love

korean movie:

- my sassy girl
- miracle in cell # 7

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 01:13:36 am »
I just watched Cell 211. Yes, it's a must watch, but I don't know what to feel. After the pivotal plot point, parang alam mo na that there's only one (sad) way to go for the protagonist. Tense, riveting, and goes dark fast.

Maka-feel good movie nga sa susunod, try ko nga yang The Billionaire.

Intriga ako dun sa mga banned and/or disturbing movies like Ichi the Killer (Japan), A Serbian Film (Serbia) but I'm too much of a sissy to watch. Binabasa ko pa lang yung summary sa IMDB, parang hindi ko na ma-take.

toinks.toinks

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 04:48:46 am »
Indian movie:

-My name is Khan

one of their best

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 07:13:22 am »
Ang isang di ko kayang panoorin, (na recommended ng workmate ko dati) is yung Italian movie na Salo or 120 Days of Sodom. Na-ban din ito because of x-rated visuals of rape and torture. The death of its director is even related daw sa movie.

Some people consider this an art film. I read the plot but I choose not to watch it. Parang di ko kaya. Check IMDB or Wikipedia about it.


****Napanood ko na yung The Secret in Their Eyes. There were some scenes na kinakabahan ako. And nung finocus yung eyes ni Gomez sa picture para akong kinilabutan. Yun lang, parang I was expecting a bigger twist in the ending. Parang yung 2hours kasi is a build up of an explosive ending. Pero okay pa rin.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:11:19 pm by entwife »

picara

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »
I recommend any of Akira Kurusawa's films. Rashomon in particular. Amazing movie, quite old but still very relevant.

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 12:30:07 am »
^Siya yung 7 Samurai right? Wala pa ako napanood na film nya, pero inuunti unti ko yung top 250 ng IMDB kaya makakarating rin ako sa kanya. :)

Pang-feel good lang, nanood kami kagabi ng Pee Mak. Thai movie starring Mauro Maurer. I actually enjoyed it. There were unbelievable and corny scenes, pero over all natuwa ako. Ang cute panoorin nung 4 guys na nagkukulitan lang specially nung sinasayaw nila yung hymn nila sa boat.  ;D


scruffs

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2014, 09:52:26 am »
Miracle in Cell No. 7. So heart-warming. Super iyak ko sa movie na ito.

pinklilac

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 10:43:34 am »
Mahilig ako sa mga foreign movies na may English subtitle...

kiyo

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »
Miracle in cell # 7. Grabe kakaiyak talaga to. A story of between a father and a daughter. I remembered "I Am Sam" while watching that Korean movie.

estelle21

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:51 pm »
MEDUZOT. worth your time, promise!

Zasha

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 03:10:50 pm »
Pan's Labyrinth - spanish fantasy movie parang alice in the wonderland pero dark.. nadiscover ko sya dahil mataas rating nya sa rotten tomatoes :)

Maria

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 09:23:11 am »
Just recently watched "Departures" (Japan -- my husband found it sad but I found it very beautiful), and I agree, there are so many foreign film gems waiting to be discovered!

I also watched "Departures" and loved it so much! 

I've seen several movies in Netflix but can't remember their titles right now. 

My uncle recommended a French movie, "Le Concert."  I haven't seen it yet but he says it's really good.

Will note your recommended titles here.  Thanks.

gentai_chan

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 11:20:40 am »
My husband and I watched Cell 211 and we both liked it! :) Thanks for all the recommendations sisses, but please keep it coming :)

My Name is Khan- Bollywood movie, medyo mahaba but worth your time. The story is inspiring.

 

klengmorales

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 11:33:55 am »
 -Pyaar Ka Punchnama
 -Taare Zameen Par
 -3 Idiots
 -Miracle in Cel # 7
 -Battle Royale 1&2
 -Malena
 -The doll master
 -4Bia / Phobia 2
 -Shutter
 -Dark Flight


Yan palang yung tumatak sakin. nakalimutan ko na yung title ng iba

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:39:54 am by klengmorales »

Maria

  • Guest
Re: Foreign / Non-English Movies
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 02:14:11 pm »
Where do you usually watch foreign films?  What channel has a lot of these?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close