watch now

Author Topic: Mommies Who Love to Shop  (Read 2152 times)

kimebies

  • Guest
Mommies Who Love to Shop
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:44 pm »
I am a Mum of 2 kids- a boy (6) and a girl (3), and I can't stop myself from shopping for their clothes, shoes, bags, et cetera.
I always end up in Ralph Lauren, Zara and Lacoste's websites scouting for something to buy! :-[ I try to stay away from my laptop during my free time at work but it seems like it's magnetizing me and provoking me to open it up and find something to splurge on! :(

Am I the only one here?

I try, and I mean, really TRY to fight the urge of spending money over something that I know will be easily outgrown; I also try to be logical and just think of how much money I can save if I don't buy any of those expensive clother but...

Well, I just clicked the Process Order button and now I feel giddy and guilty at the same freaking time!  ;D :-\

Anybody else who's in the same boat as I am?

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:48:19 am »
I was like that, I have a baby girl and I bought and would hoard so much clothing for her! There were some instances where she would only wear the outfit once, shoes included! Ended up she would wear her going out clothes at home!

I'm trying to manage the urge now - by not going to online shops/kids shops so I don't get tempted. I still have a lot of clothes for her so I try not to buy unless it's something she absolutely needs.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »
Kime, I'm like that too. But I can say that I've toned down so much. I used ot not care if I was spending thousands for clothes and shoes that she'd only wear for a month. My husband has been monitoring my purchases na but I still manage to sneak in and/or convince him pa din.

I noticed that when I'm bored (both at home or at work), I'm more prone to online shopping, so I try to do something else so that I won't spend so much  ;D My husband and I have a rule when I shop for unnecessary things now. Every amount that I spend, I'd have to double and add up to her savings or investment plan. Kaya now, I think twice na. I only do big shopping trips once every quarter ;)

kimebies

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:00:54 pm »
Good thing I'm not the only one here!  ;D

I agree with you Van-- when I'm bored, I tend to shop more. And Paypal is my number one frienemy! Lots of online sellers now accept Paypal so you can literally make a purchase from your laptop or phone! Horrible, horrible invention!

Kasi with those purchase that requires bank deposit, medyo you'll think twice pa kasi going to the bank and falling in line will take much of your time-- pero with Paypal, no more thinking twice, eh.

Oh well.

I'm in a couture headband shopping phase now, and after making another purchase a while ago, I thought, I'll just make some for my little girl. Super mura lang pala ng raw materials eh they sell it for like P400 a piece! :o

Anyway, let us support each other here. Let us encourage one another to just buy what is needed and just save up the money for a vacation or something that's of great importance. :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:53:14 am »
I just purchased toddler rockstud-type maryjane shoes for my daughter hahaha She has way too many shoes!!

Agree on the headbands, they are really expensive! I just bought 1 or 2 as my daughter doesn't like wearing headbands, even as an infant! A great place to find hair accessories is the landmark dept store, though sometimes it's a hit or miss depending on the stock.

clueless

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 11:38:18 pm »
i love to shop too. i have toned it down just a bit but there are still regular purchases.

i have stopped buying clothes and shoes online for her and i have now moved to buying stuff from SM department store. her pambahay clothes, pajamas, most of her school clothes (tees, jeans and leggings mostly) are now from SM. others are ones i bought months ago from childrens place.

i splurge more on shoes, that's really my weakness even with myself. mini melissas are still her favorites but she also some now from antho junior. and i love the ballet flats from cotton on kids kasi P550 lang! she has a few pairs of those din.

what i need to stop buying are toys. super dami and we're running out of space.

kimebies

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:47:19 pm »
I like to buy shoes, too! :) I wonder why most mommies these days splurge more on shoes? Eh ang bilis naman makaliitan? 

Oh well! :D

I looove Mini Melissas, too! Crazy lang kasi I bought the elusive black cats nung may stock kahit super sakto na sa daughter ko ang size 9. So after being used for 5x or less, I ended up selling na. Sayang.
Also, I love Zara Girls' shoes! :) And yeah, Cotton On and H&M are both affordable and cute at the same time. ;D

I'm also into buying bags kasi my little girl loves bags. I get ones from H&M yung may mga Hello Kitty and other characters that she loves and I bought two sa Juicy Couture din.

Nakaka-aliw kasi mamili lalo na sa baby girls-- real life Baby Alive. ;D

pinkpotato

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 04:24:27 pm »
Anyway, let us support each other here. Let us encourage one another to just buy what is needed and just save up the money for a vacation or something that's of great importance. :)

haha. kulit nito. :)

anyway, found this, might help : http://momhandsarefull.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/save-or-splurge-is-it-okay-to-buy-designer-clothes-for-your-kids/

Clothing is a necessity but do you really have to dress your kid like Suri Cruise? When it comes to designer or expensive clothes, stop, think twice and ask yourself first if your kids really need it. If you hesitated, then don’t buy. After all, kids’ won’t remember that once upon a time, they wore Karl Lagerfeld, unless you tell them.

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/819586/Are-designer-clothes-for-kids-a-do-or-don-t

Kime, H&M on sale now. Found nice skirts at only $10 & $7 :) I bought 1 for hershey, i sold it right away kasi 7-8yo cannot fit her. haha. tipid again.

Maybe a thread for Cheapest finds would help no? Those haul you get, nice clothes/shoes that are on 50-70% off after 1 month on display. Saya nun!  8)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 04:34:01 pm by pinkpotato »

kimebies

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 05:46:25 pm »
^ Thanks for rebuking me, sister. :)  I needed that! ;D Buti na lang when my S-I-L spent her 1-week vacay sa Riyadh, she came home with a bunch of H&H goodies for Kloé. :) Beyond sale pa yun dahil FREE c/o in-laws. Hihi

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Mommies Who Love to Shop
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 12:59:50 pm »
I have superior self control na pala :)  As in as of today, I have purchased just 2 major items palang - the graco crib and play yard and my medela freestyle pump.  My baby doesn't even want to sleep there, while the pump is now very useful.  I am able to use the computer and pump at the same time, hindi sayang sa oras.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close