watch now

Author Topic: Tokyo (Thread 3)  (Read 65971 times)

luvko23

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »
^ sis what was the name of the resort for snowboarding and if you can provide the cost. Thanks!

huit

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #381 on: December 17, 2014, 12:56:45 am »
Malamig pa ba sa Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka ng first week of March? Like March 10? Ano okay na outfit?

alexsy

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2014, 08:36:55 am »
pupunta ako sa tokyo sa january! excited  ;D

makapag backread na nga

candygrenade

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2014, 09:20:04 am »
Malamig pa ba sa Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka ng first week of March? Like March 10? Ano okay na outfit?

Slight. I usually go to Japan during the last week of March and malamig pa rin. Not as chilly as January or February though :)

valhiei_11

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:14 am »
mukhang masaya nga sa Hakone, sis @u8mypinkcookies san kayo nagstay? o nagdaytour lang kayo? May package kayong kinuha? Thanks!  :)

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2014, 09:28:34 am »
sis luvko23 try to google it you'll have all the information.  ;) usually in one place there are many ski resorts. and if you're planning to rent the gear and snowjackets and pants plus lift tickets it will cost you around 10,000-15,000 yen. the one I went to always is in Shiga kogen in Nagano Prefecture.

pinkat

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2014, 11:16:59 am »
Hi sissies! When start ng snow sa tokyo? Thanks :)

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »
^hindi talaga usually nags2now dito sa Tokyo super dalang lang so walang season talaga na masasabing start ng snow. usually it would only last an hour. Around February. Pero this winter nung isang araw ngsnow dito pero mga 5 mins lang. haha

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2014, 03:12:54 pm »
I traveled solo to Tokyo while Typhoon Ruby was in Manila. Took the Willer Express overnight bus from Osaka and stayed at the Kadoya Hotel, a small hotel in the Nishi-Shinjuku business district. Chose Kadoya for the price and location. It's near the Shinjuku Station West Exit, so the area is quieter compared to the chaotic entertainment streets on the other side of the Station. It's also a few steps away from the Shinjuku Post Office (for your postcard-sending requirements), 2 branches of Lawsons, and a Pronto Bar & Cafe that opens early (had breakfast there once when I woke up at 6:30 AM). Also, the Willer Bus Terminal (Sumitomo Bldg) is within spitting distance.

Like my last trip, I dined at Sushi No Midori at the Mark City Mall, Shibuya. Ordered the Chef's Special (app PHP 1,200) and had the time of my life. I will definitely keep going back whenever I'm in town. Other sushi places I tried are Numazukou (right under the Shinjuku Station West Exit; kaiten sushi, PHP 1,000 budget) and Sushi Zanmai (left side when you use east Exit 15 of Shibuya Station via Hikarie Mall; chirashisushi at PHP 570). Both are good, but Midori reigns supreme.

For katsu, I went to Hamakatsu near my hotel and had the Mixed Chicken & Pork Cutlet with Fried Veg set for PHP 450. For yakiniku, I had dinner twice at Jonetsu Horumon (Omoide Yokocho, the narrow yakitori alley northside of Shinjuku Station). They have an english menu, I recommend the beef rib. A meal cost about PHP 1,000 (2 plates of meat, medium rice, peach juice). For ramen, well, skipped that again. I don't like ramen very much.

It was a comfortably cool 6-8 degrees, so Coldstone and Godiva's Dark Chocolate Decadence cold drink were no problem. In the evenings, I had warm cups of Snow Maple Toffee Latte from Starbucks.

I did a LOT of walking and eating, some shopping, and visited two cat cafes - Hapineko in Shibuya and Calico in Shinjuku. Super cute chubby cats! And I'm not even a cat person.

I only wandered into Kabukicho in the mornings.

Fun trip!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:19:56 pm by Frozen Toes »

shii927

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #389 on: December 18, 2014, 05:40:09 am »
pupunta ako sa tokyo sa january! excited  ;D

makapag backread na nga

ako din! kailan ang flight mo sis? january 14 ako

angelvenus

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:36 am »
Me too, will be going to tokyo january 22-26.. super excited!!

Guys, ask ko lang ano temperature sa tokyo by that time? Also if we want to experience snow near tokyo saan kaya kami pwede magvisit?

Also for those who booked a hakone-mt. Fuji day tour saan po kaya yung advisable?

Here pala out iti please feel free to comment:

Jan 22- arrival narita (1pm)
Shinjuku, asakusa, shibuya,

Jan 23- disneysea

Jan 24- disneyland

January 25- hakone-mt. Fuji

January 26- departure

Parang nabitin ako sa short ng stay namin.. comment and advise po.. =)

fredprinz

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2014, 09:12:45 am »
Masyadong stacked ang January 22 mo, AngelVenus.

Hindi dikit ang Asakusa from Shinjuku to Shibuya. So you might want to reconsider.

I suggest going to Shinjuku and Shibuya, then Ikebukuro if your time permits it on day one.

But honestly, more than two cities for one day is too much, in my opinion. That's just me ha?

You might wanna check the suggestions of GTs living in Tokyo, too.

glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2014, 10:22:02 am »
^^tama si si fredprinz.

I think I have mentioned it a lot of times already but Narita is far from tokyo. So give at least 2 hours of your time to go to your hotel and check in. Or kahit sa hotel ka malapit sa narita you still have to travel to Tokyo. If you're arriving at 1pm malamang makarating ka sa tokyo nasa 3pm na. Better choose either shinjuku or shibuya for that day. Asakusa is better in the morning than night time. you might want to just choose one between the two disney resorts too.

design21

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2014, 05:42:00 pm »
^thanks for the reply sis. i will search for it.

shii927

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:26 pm »
sis, may nakakaalam po ba sa inyo kung pano mag-book ng overnight bus from tokyo to osaka?

esor

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #395 on: December 19, 2014, 08:36:40 am »
^his si shii927,
sa Willer Bus, need mo muna mag register as member(free naman to).
then book mo lang, need lang CC payment.

http://willerexpress.com/x/bus/dynamic/3/en/html/pc/reservation/

huit

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2014, 12:36:39 pm »
Slight. I usually go to Japan during the last week of March and malamig pa rin. Not as chilly as January or February though :)

Hmmm...need ba talaga ng boots or rubber shoes pwede na? Hahaha. Mga anong temperature by that time? Meron kaya snow pa sa Nikko?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2014, 03:51:54 pm »
We went last year ng last week of March to 1st week April. Malamig. Pero kinaya ko naman na naka Havaianas na wedge slippers. Hehe.. Even in Nikko na nag 2degC dahil sa ulan. Yun kasi pinaka-comfy ko. Tinamad na ako mag-boots. Medyo namanhid ang paa pero keri lang naman. Pag nasa car na, binalot ko ng electric(?) blanket na dala ng kuya ko. On other days, minsan naka-flats. Or boots.

huit

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2014, 05:39:09 pm »
^
ohhh. wala pa kasi ako boots kaya iniisip ko kung bibili ba ako or sneakers okay lang. hehe

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Tokyo (Thread 3)
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2014, 11:38:19 pm »
^ I think keri na sneakers. Baon ka na lang medyas na maninipis na pwede I-layer if di kinaya ang lamig hehe.. or bring thermal socks. Meron sa Marks&Spencer.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close