watch now

Author Topic: Tips on feeding 10 month old baby  (Read 5930 times)

bylan

  • Guest
Tips on feeding 10 month old baby
« on: June 21, 2014, 02:33:45 am »
mga sis, please share your strategies on feeding your baby....ano-ano ba pinapakain nyo kay baby?

my baby will turn 10 months next week and gusto lang kainin is pureed fruits like peach, pears apples and banana.... favorite nya rin graham biscuits.....

Priceless

  • Guest
Re: Tips on feeding 10 month old baby
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:49:50 am »
At 10 months my baby was already able to eat all sorts of vegetables, and fish. I steam vegetables then puree it.

Nung nag start kami mag solids, I started him on vegetables rather than fruits, kasi I worried na baka pag nasanay na ng matamis (fruits) baka hindi na magustuhan ang vegetables. So it wasnt a problem to introduce new food to him.

I would suggest try sweet potato (camote) and pumpkin, then bawasan ang sweet potato until pwede nalang sya sa pumpkin. Tapos pag sanay na sya sa pumpkin lang, try to steam with tomato. You can do the same with brocolli. Start with brocolli with a few pears, then gradually lessen/remove the pears. Tapos you can do all sorts of recipes with brocolli. Then you can do fish, etc.

Tapos my baby likes sabaw & soupy vegetables with rice, lugaw or quinoa. I'm gradually training him to eat the food na normally niluluto para sa amin (grown ups) para hindi na separate ang pagluto ng pagkain nya when he is a bit older.

bylan

  • Guest
Re: Tips on feeding 10 month old baby
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:35:45 am »
^thanks sis.... nag try ako the other day steam salmon....nagustuhan naman nya....

ask ko lang sa brocolli ba kasama ang stem sa pag puree?

Priceless

  • Guest
Re: Tips on feeding 10 month old baby
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:36 am »
Uy broccoli with salmon is one of my son's favourites! I steam it with a little bit of onions, then put the onions, broccoli, salmon, a little bit of milk and a little bit of grated cheese (I checked muna with the pedia kung ok lang to put a little bit of cheese), boom, happy baby na!

I usually pick the broccoli florets and the soft portion of the stems lang, steam it well, then yun na. My boy likes steamed broccoli on its own, sometimes nilalagyan ko ng carrots din.

cutemama

  • Guest
Re: Tips on feeding 10 month old baby
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 07:19:28 am »
My baby is 10 months old na rin, pinapakain ko sa kanya carrots, squash, mashed potato, mango, banana, sweet potato, porridge. For afternoon snacks earth's best from healthy options binibigay ko sa kanya.
Hindi ko pa siya natry bigyan ng fish eh, tsaka yung mga normal food na kinakain namin, kasi oily and salty food natin diba, kaya separate lagi pagluto ng food niya.
 yesterday binigyan ko siya boiled organic egg, pero konti lang 1/4 lang ng egg, advised kasi ng pedia para makita daw if may allergy siya, if wala daw pwede na daw bigyan  ng flu vaccine.

Priceless

  • Guest
Re: Tips on feeding 10 month old baby
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 09:46:23 am »
^Thankfully I live right next to an organic supermarket so I have easy access to organic cereals, snacks and juices. I used to give the cereals for breakfast and baby rice for lunch/dinner together with mashed fresh fruit (sa umaga) and whatever vegetables we have or sometimes I make a batch of his ulam on the weekends although very good naman si yaya at alternating kung ano ano ang mga ipapakain sa kanya. Ngayon we just stick to the cereals sa morning (oats, seven/mixed grain, etc) then lunch or dinner, we make our own congee o kaya he gets quinoa, brown rice cereal or pasta. I can tell it really benefits him kasi siksik sya na baby at hindi sya sakitin, maganda din ang bowel movement nya.

Because of the baby, we have started to become healthier na rin in our own diets/food. We only put aromatic spices sa food and only add salt or fish sauce or soy sauce after na nai-separate na yung portion for baby. Even then, I've noticed that we don't put as much salty stuff in our dishes as we used to. Nasanay na rin siguro.

Before we started putting him on solids, tamang tama there was an article that came out about when is the best time to introduce solids and introducing new food to babies. It said the best time was about  5 months, and then sabi ng doctor namin we should introduce at least 1 new food a week. So far effective naman sa amin. Ang hindi ko lang masyadong binibigay sa kanya is pork and never pa akong nag introduce ng kahit anong seafood sa kanya except fish.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close