watch now

Author Topic: Inverted nips  (Read 3532 times)

bearhuggs

  • Guest
Inverted nips
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:36:16 pm »
Hi! I'm planning to breast feed but my nips are somewhat inverted. Would you know the name of that thing used to push out the nips and where to buy it here in the Philippines? TIA

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:51:10 pm »
Have you consulted you ob about this sis?

bearhuggs

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:55:53 am »
I told her about this but she didn't check my nips. Sabi Lang niya depende daw if malakas mag latch yung baby.it takes willpower and heart to breast feed. Didn't really answer if there's something I can do with my nips

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 07:31:07 am »
Baka kasi pathologic na pala inverted nips mo sis.

Priceless

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 09:36:22 am »
bearhuggs, don't worry even if it's inverted, your baby will be able to latch. I've consulted a lactation specialist nurse, before and after I've given birth (as in kalalabas pa lang ni baby) because I have the same problem and true enough, wala talagang problema kay baby. In fact, after latching or whenever I wasn't direct latching, it would still stay inverted, and once maglatch si baby, mabilis naman syang nakaka latch.

I personally don't think you need those tools (I have the suction one and I never used it) to draw out your nipple, as long as baby is regularly latching, it would be easy for him/her to draw it out directly. The only thing would be for you to regularly clean them before and after feeding kasi when they go back in, sometimes may dead skin or milk pa. Clean lang regularly with water and soap.

katyap

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 01:29:49 am »
I also have the same worry because mine are also somewhat inverted. Although marami rin nagsabi sa kin na sa latch and patience yan ni baby (kasi mas matagal daw magsuck si baby pag inverted), I still bought Pigeon Nipple Puller, para lang may magawa ako sa side ko. Meron din ang Medela na Nipple Former naman tawag pero mas mahal. Other moms advised me not to go for the Avent Nipplete kasi matagal mo syang ilalagay sa boobies mo and they're uncomfortable. If you have breast pump, ok din daw yon para sa pag-pull.

catnap07

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:34:19 pm »
I used the Medela Nipple Former since I was about 4 months pregnant until I was ready to give birth. It didn't really help. I also tried the Nipple puller, which I think is a torture device, and it also didn't help. Those who said na makakapagbreastfeed ka pa rin even if your nipples are inverted are absolutely correct. My baby was able to latch on one nipple when she was 1 month old and on the other nipple when she was 4 months old. It was a difficult journey for us. I exclusively pumped for a month (better have a breast pump ready). BUT, meron akong kasabay na mommy, nakalatch agad baby boy nya sa nursery pa lang.  Depende talaga sa lakas ng suction ng baby.

bearhuggs

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 11:44:48 pm »
Thanks for your replies sisters. It's such a relief to know na May cases na kahit inverted ang nipple, possible pa din to breast feed. I'm hoping and praying na sana ako din magawa ko Ito :)

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 12:09:33 pm »
^ hi sis, parang pareho tayo ng case. yung sakin naman is flat ang nipple ko. kaya wala ma suck si baby. pero tinyaga ko lang i pa latch si baby. kahit todo iyak sya, kasi alam ko wala sya ma suck, evenutally ayun nakuha din nya. basta latch lang ng latch. :) makukuha nya yan.
Just trust your body sis, hindi hadlang ang inverted nipples sa pag papa dede :) yung pinsan ko ganyan din kasi, and ayun, mag 1 year old na baby nya, breast feed padin.

bearhuggs

  • Guest
Re: Inverted nips
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »
i finally gave birth. The first few days is  really a struggle since hirap talaga si baby. There was even a time na nag engorge talaga breast ko, and sakit. Mas masakit pa kaysa sa  suture ko. My OB helped me hand expressed it .  Next, I was advised to use nipple shield. It was ok naman pero  another problem came in ( Im still struggling with it till now)-  low milk production naman. I am using breast pump din--- and I think this one helped me with my   inverted nips. My baby can now latch without me using nipple shield. Sana nga lang lumakas na milk supply ko

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close