Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196895 times)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #560 on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:05 am »
Hi sissies! girltalk newbie here and its so hard to backread all the threads! Is anyone here a Von Lazaro or Jazel Sy bride? I am torn between the two!!

Si Von naman all his gowns look like they fit like a glove which is what i want, but when i spoke to him kasi he says it might be hard to do the low-back style dress that I want eh.

Si Jazel naman looks like she has no problem doing the low-back style, but then i heard that she is matipid with the beading??

What one has, the other doesnt, and vice versa! Help!!!  :'( :'( :'(

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #561 on: February 25, 2015, 12:56:16 pm »
^Sis Jazel can always add beads... swarovskis, even, but it will be beyond her initial quote and sometimes she will even ask you to provide them to her nalang. At least that's what happened to me. From initially 100k quote nya sa peg ko, naging mga 115k quote nya and wala pa dun yung additional beads na ako bibili. Since it was beyond my budget i ended up not booking her.

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #562 on: February 25, 2015, 01:44:46 pm »
^Sis, looks like we have about the same budget for the wedding dress. I was initially planning on spending way more, but then I felt bad kasi I already have a reception gown na, then to spend so much on a gown for the ceremony that I'll only be wearing for 1 or 2 hours hurt my heart talaga! Not to mention h2b was not going to get a designer suit. So I lowered my gown budget to 100K so that he could have a designer suit. kawawa naman eh!

that's so werid that she will make you buy pa your own beads!! why not just charge it to you nalang para less hassle! I'm still waiting for her sketch pa naman, but overall i'm still not too sure. Have you seen her gowns in person? I'm an overseas bride kasi so the fit is another thing I'm worried about!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #563 on: February 25, 2015, 04:10:19 pm »
^Haha yes, hassle pa sakin. My wedding is in December 2015, but i came to see Jazel i think last Nov or Dec pa. I liked her designs, and yes I saw her gowns, there are really pretty ones but they are ones that have the additional beads too. My honest impression of her is that medyo taga rin siya kasi she does not include the matching veil in her quotation, additional 10k pa ata.

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #564 on: February 25, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »
^ I guess I'll just have to wait for her sketch and quote talaga. At least naman Von quoted me 100k na, so if ever siya nalang!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #565 on: February 25, 2015, 06:25:57 pm »
^Update me sis :) I did not get a chance to look into Von's work when i deliberated on my gown but im curious to know who you'll end up getting, and how much Jazel will quote you :)

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #566 on: February 25, 2015, 07:03:19 pm »
imho rich fontanilla's works are at par in terms of beading and actual design but he only quoted me 55k. ;)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #567 on: February 25, 2015, 11:14:29 pm »
sis sparklingjewel, will keep you posted who I end up getting. I plan on deciding within the next few weeks na!   :)

Sis dcpdane, how is the fit of Rich Fontanilla? I actually contacted him also and ang bilis magsketch! His sketch was sooooooo nice as in one of the nicest ones I've seen kasi he really puts each and every small detail and he colors it pa! But my concern lang with him is the fit eh, parang I saw posts where the long sleeves of the bride had folds pa (I want long sleeves kasi) and was medyo maluwag. Oh, and also he hasn't replied to me within the past 2 days na. But grabe talaga his attention to detail, that's what made me want to contact him. Are you getting him sis?

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #568 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:06 am »
^Haha yes, hassle pa sakin. My wedding is in December 2015, but i came to see Jazel i think last Nov or Dec pa. I liked her designs, and yes I saw her gowns, there are really pretty ones but they are ones that have the additional beads too. My honest impression of her is that medyo taga rin siya kasi she does not include the matching veil in her quotation, additional 10k pa ata.

Yes medyo pricey si Jazel but her gowns are nice. She also quoted me 140K for the lace lace gown she designed for me. Others quoted it 90K lang. But she is really really good.

You girls might want to check Zandra Lim and Gretchen Pichay as well.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #569 on: February 26, 2015, 04:33:04 am »


Sis dcpdane, how is the fit of Rich Fontanilla? I actually contacted him also and ang bilis magsketch! His sketch was sooooooo nice as in one of the nicest ones I've seen kasi he really puts each and every small detail and he colors it pa! But my concern lang with him is the fit eh, parang I saw posts where the long sleeves of the bride had folds pa (I want long sleeves kasi) and was medyo maluwag. Oh, and also he hasn't replied to me within the past 2 days na. But grabe talaga his attention to detail, that's what made me want to contact him. Are you getting him sis?
[/quote]

sis i might if budget by late this year permits. otherwise, i'll go with bridehouse as von lazaro is designing my MIL's wedding gown this year for renewal and carmen lazaro -- the mother and owner of bridehouse -- is doing my ento dress. if she impresses me with my ento dress and rich by then is out of the budget, i'll have her as my backup. rich is nice but yes he hasn't replied to my other query din. i dunno why. gagawan daw nya gowns dogs ko. lols :) same dog lovers here.

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #570 on: February 26, 2015, 06:38:54 am »
^ thanks for this, sis! I guess I'll wait and see nalang. If he doesn't reply, I guess it will really be between Jazel and Von na.

Sis Tubby, thanks for the info sis!  :) was your gown super beaded or detailed? ang mahal mana yung quote niya!!

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #571 on: February 26, 2015, 07:30:40 am »
Sis dcpdane, how much did carmen lazaro charge you for ento dresses, if you dont mind me asking? Im still on the hunt for ento dresses. Hope they're affordable..

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #572 on: February 26, 2015, 07:38:53 am »
actually napilit lang sya ng MIL ko since isa lang akong papagawan nya ng ento, lahat kasi mga kaedad nya at bibili ng kanya-kanya. nahihiya ako i-ask kay MIL how much e. exception lang ata yung sa situation ng MIL ko kasi she initially didn't want to do an ento dress

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #573 on: February 26, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »
Ladies, can you suggest some designers na okay with evening gowns. Thank you :)

charm0220

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #574 on: February 26, 2015, 06:05:11 pm »
For evening gowns try Vania Romoff or Boom Sason

biancayapching

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #575 on: February 26, 2015, 06:53:48 pm »
newbie here! I'm currently hunting affordable designer for my Bridal Gown and for me ento.. my Top picks are

Carmen Lazaro (Bridehouse)
Haydee Garcia
Roxy Bagano

for Camen Lazaro affordable naman rates nya but my worry is ready to wear sya so iba iba na yung nagsukat ng gown na bibilin ko if ever and for sure same sila ng mga staff ni Von Lazaro so tiwala naman din ako sa pagka finish ng gown.. While kay Haydee Garcia she's nice and easy to talk to.. Ik like the fact na hindi nya pinu push yung design na gusto nya pero she explains the pro and cons of your desired cut if alangan sya and someone told me kasi my friend inquired abt her rates and nag pa consult ng design tapos sabi nya sakin naabutan nya seamstress ni Haydee nagmamadali cos He or she ata have a gown to finish from Pepsi Herrera and Veluz my friend also talked to her assistant and sabi ng assistant nya lahat ng laborers ni Haydee are from Pepsi, Edwin Tan and Veluz na nag si sideline kay Haydee so sobra akong na entice! Roxy Bagano also is affordable and ganda ng portfolio nya she's very into details also (which I love) pero ang layo kasi masyado ng shop nya though i'm still considering Her.. 


dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #576 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:19 pm »
hindi lang rtw si carmen lazaro sis. may custom sya 30k with accessories. nacucurious na talaga ako kay haydee garcia. saang planeta ko ba sya macocontact. hahaha di ko sya mahanap, IG lang pero wala ako nun e.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #577 on: February 26, 2015, 10:39:17 pm »
hindi lang rtw si carmen lazaro sis. may custom sya 30k with accessories. nacucurious na talaga ako kay haydee garcia. saang planeta ko ba sya macocontact. hahaha di ko sya mahanap, IG lang pero wala ako nun e.

Hi sis, may FB sya.  Naginquire lang ako a few days ago, pero upto now hindi pa sya sumasagot.  Baka nagpunta sa others message nya.  Anyways may number sya sa FB page nya. 09279649455.  That is also her viber number for overseas brides :)  Parang may nabasa ako na yung shop nya is along Visayas Ave. Hope this helps :)

rashimeh

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #578 on: February 26, 2015, 10:46:24 pm »
^ mabilis sia(haydee garcia) magreply sa viber mga sis. Dun ko sia lagi nacontact

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #579 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:58 am »
^sis dcpdane, laging nagpopost ng ads si Haydee Garcia sa wedding suppliers FB page, check mo dear:)

^yup sis biancayapching pede magpacustomize ng gown kay Carmen Lazaro (bridehouse). I will be meeting her again bukas to get my measurement and finalize na yung gown details (medyo excited hihi). I know mura sya for others pero namamahalan na ko sa kanya HAHA :p First choice is Divi talaga, kaya lang mas happy talaga ako dun sa mga gowns ni Ms. Carmen so push na din kahit medyo nagover budget ako sa wedding gown. Ok naman kay H2B so go na din ako:)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close