Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196941 times)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #480 on: February 08, 2015, 05:31:41 pm »
^share ko na din pala official photos namin from Happy Couples Photography. makikita nyo rin yung suits ng ento namin. Yung sa hubby ko naman tailor-made by Gardini.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.647624102015812.1073741880.338456456265913&type=3

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »
Thanks, sis FionaApple! I already sent the link to H2B. :)

Curious lang ako. Are the suits "new"? I remember before my cousin had us in rented gowns but the gowns we had were new. Then they had it rented after. Thanks!


maukris

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #482 on: February 08, 2015, 11:59:27 pm »
^sis Tubby, for our male ento, my husband called for a meeting and asked them if they will be willing to wear rentals. So we brought all of them to a tailor/suit rental establishment. Their measurements were taken and all of them wore suits that belong to a "set" for that cohesive streamlined look. Also we had a set of made-to-order bowties made for all of them. Each suit rental cost 900 pesos plus 2000 refundable deposit. For 6,300 (900 x 7 males or 1 best man, 3 secondary sponsors and 3 groosmen), which is nowhere near the price of one complete suit, all of our male ento members looked like they had customized suits and it looked cohesive because all the suits belong to only one set. (plus 14,000 or 2000x7, for the refundable deposit, pero refundable naman siya.)
 
each made to order bowtie cost us only 200. gardini rin ang gumawa.

Sis thanks sa info. Ang concern ko pano if sukat na lang nila ibigay nila, pwede kaya yun? Kasi suit lang naman balak namin rent. Para sana after the wedding kahit kunin namin okay lang.

mischabelles23

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #483 on: February 09, 2015, 12:05:46 am »
Hi!!! I will be getting "ELIZEBRIDE" for my wedding. she was recommended to me by a friend who is a stylist in pangako sayo. they're getting their pullouts from elizebride and his boss likes how classy her designs are kahit she's not really famous. i went to her shop and checked her gowns. pulido siya gumawa. nag down na din ako agad :)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #484 on: February 09, 2015, 12:57:56 pm »
Curious lang ako. Are the suits "new"? I remember before my cousin had us in rented gowns but the gowns we had were new. Then they had it rented after. Thanks!

nope. i think the suits are not new.

...pano if sukat na lang nila ibigay nila, pwede kaya yun? Kasi suit lang naman balak namin rent. Para sana after the wedding kahit kunin namin okay lang.

sis, do you mean coats lang ang balak mo i-rent? iba kasi pag coats, dapat i-fit talaga nung mgsusuot. try to call Gardini na lang kung papayag sila. pero i think it is not advisable. also kung coat lang ang ire-rent mo, baka hindi magmatch yung shade at texture ng fabric ng pants at ng coat. pangit tingan sa photos.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #485 on: February 09, 2015, 01:05:53 pm »
^will try to inquire nga rin pag uwi namin sa Gardini for our male secondary sponsors.. para same same sila.. :) carry pa ba two weeks before wedding? or too late na?

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #486 on: February 09, 2015, 02:44:29 pm »
^will try to inquire nga rin pag uwi namin sa Gardini for our male secondary sponsors.. para same same sila.. :) carry pa ba two weeks before wedding? or too late na?

pwede pa yun sis. :) wedding ko December. nag inquire kami august. pinabalik pa kami ng November pati sa measurements ng husband ko kasi mabilis lang daw gawin ang suits hindi gaya ng sa female ento. mga 2nd week ng november nagfit yung male ento namin. kinuha namin Dec. 19, wedding dec 20. freshly dry-cleaned siya.
sinoli namin after mismo ng wedding. we instructed the male ento to give their suits to one of the coordinators para masoli na namin agad.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #487 on: February 09, 2015, 03:05:23 pm »
thanks sis.. sige papacheck ko din kay hubby :)

margasyjuco

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #488 on: February 09, 2015, 09:47:42 pm »
ninetwenty, I agree with Chili1113 -- I was choosing between Vania and Maureen before I decided to go with an RTW gown instead.

bonzaigirl, ask the tailor to make the shirt with a French cuff. That's the double cuff style most commonly worn with cufflinks.

If rtw, do they also alter? :)

denyao

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #489 on: February 09, 2015, 10:40:51 pm »
Hi!!! I will be getting "ELIZEBRIDE" for my wedding. she was recommended to me by a friend who is a stylist in pangako sayo. they're getting their pullouts from elizebride and his boss likes how classy her designs are kahit she's not really famous. i went to her shop and checked her gowns. pulido siya gumawa. nag down na din ako agad :)

Hi Mischaelle, how much was the quote of ElizeBride?

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2015, 07:52:39 am »
january 2016 bride here, how early do you need to book the wedding gown designer?

I have already decided my max budget is 70k so Im targeting to get a designer that will give me a price of 50-60k because I believe that it will go up a bit pa when you want to add something etctect like with other suppliers.


bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2015, 08:36:16 am »
sis papemelroti, in some designers, they prefer a minimum of 6 months to make your wedding gown.  It depends on who is it that you are going to get, and when your wedding is.  I read in another thread that there are some designers who are already closed for January 2016. 

I do have a question as well, I already have an appointment booked for Mel Orlina for my June wedding, but that is just for consultation/ measurements taking, since I am an overseas bride.  Well, my question is, I have a budget for about 40-65 k na wedding gown.  Aside from Mel Orlina, who are other gown designers whom you think are also good?  One of my friends, who got married last December, her gown was made by Ronald Enrico, in fairness, ang ganda naman talaga.  Pero when I inquired eh his minimum na daw is 60k, and parang mejo aloof sya.Shempre tataas pa yun, :( tapos medyo mahirap yata sya hagilapin kasi eh Cebu based sya, pero depende pa sa sched nya kung andito sya sa Manila.  :(

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:36 am »
Hi sis papemelroti :) as soon as possible you can start scouting na. once you find your designer and you feel that he/she is the one, book him/her right away. if you're going for a designer/couturier you should have him/her booked 6 months before your wedding coz usually the first fitting + final sketch for wedding gowns are done on that period. Then 2-3 fittings wilk be done in the succeeding months.

For RTW gowns, I'm not so sure of the timeline but maybe the others can help.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #493 on: February 10, 2015, 12:31:42 pm »
Hi margasyjuco, most RTW salons I went to said they did their alterations in-house -- some of them include it in the price of the gown and some charge extra. I think Rosa Clara includes alterations in the price.

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #494 on: February 10, 2015, 07:16:55 pm »


sis, do you mean coats lang ang balak mo i-rent? iba kasi pag coats, dapat i-fit talaga nung mgsusuot. try to call Gardini na lang kung papayag sila. pero i think it is not advisable. also kung coat lang ang ire-rent mo, baka hindi magmatch yung shade at texture ng fabric ng pants at ng coat. pangit tingan sa photos.

Sis, nakita ko sa gardini na pwede na suit na 500 ang rental and 1000 ang deposit.
Ang concern ko kasi sis, laguna wedding, kaya pag pair pano ko na ulet makukuha sa kanila since 2days before and 2days after ang ang rental nila, pag nag extend, may additional fee na.
pag suit lang kasi, after the program sa reception, pwede na din namin kunin para someone can return it back to gardini. This is one of my not so problems kasi iba iba ang place ng entourage na lalaki and h2b is working overseas.

mdnextdoor

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2015, 07:32:53 am »
sis papemelroti, in some designers, they prefer a minimum of 6 months to make your wedding gown.  It depends on who is it that you are going to get, and when your wedding is.  I read in another thread that there are some designers who are already closed for January 2016. 

I do have a question as well, I already have an appointment booked for Mel Orlina for my June wedding, but that is just for consultation/ measurements taking, since I am an overseas bride.  Well, my question is, I have a budget for about 40-65 k na wedding gown.  Aside from Mel Orlina, who are other gown designers whom you think are also good?  One of my friends, who got married last December, her gown was made by Ronald Enrico, in fairness, ang ganda naman talaga.  Pero when I inquired eh his minimum na daw is 60k, and parang mejo aloof sya.Shempre tataas pa yun, :( tapos medyo mahirap yata sya hagilapin kasi eh Cebu based sya, pero depende pa sa sched nya kung andito sya sa Manila.  :(


Sis, more or less we have the same budget range and i had several designers in mind and ended up with mel orlina. I sent inquiries to mel orlina, coca couture and julianne syjuico. Not sure of the latter's last name. Basta close to that. The last two qouted my peg at least 90k. Grabe.. I can't imagine spending too much money on wedding gown. Kaya i chose mel orlina. She makes beautiful gowns, price is within budget and her shop is near my place. 

I booked her 2 weeks ago and my wedding is in december 2015. She will only accept 5 more brides for that month then stop na.. Busy month naman kasi, but still. She has a certain number of limit per month so I guess you'd better hurry in making decision kasi malapit na wedding mo, sis.. 😉

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2015, 10:10:29 am »
thank you sis mdnextdoor.  Hay.. grabe, well actually  i still have 15 months I am a June 2016 bride.  ;) I'm sorry, didn't mean to mislead you. I keep forgetting that it's only Feb.  and meron nga naman June of this year pa before June of next year ang dumating.  But as it is, I am an overseas bride, and the only time that I would get to meet any suppliers eh pag uwi ko ng march, and then that is it.  So talagang bonggang bongga ang paghanap ko ngayon ng suppliers, at magcanvass, kasi by March eh kailangan eh mameet ko na sila.  Para malaman ko kung okay na ba sila. hehe.. Lalo na yung gown designer, kasi minsan kahit magpasukat ako sa iba, eh kung iba naman pala yung style nya ng pagsukat.  Hay.  But thank you sis mdnextdoor.  Kung dati eh 40/60 ako kay Mel Orlina, ngayon eh 60/40 na ko sa kanya.  :D hehe

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:46 pm »
Hi sis papemelroti :) as soon as possible you can start scouting na. once you find your designer and you feel that he/she is the one, book him/her right away. if you're going for a designer/couturier you should have him/her booked 6 months before your wedding coz usually the first fitting + final sketch for wedding gowns are done on that period. Then 2-3 fittings wilk be done in the succeeding months.


For RTW gowns, I'm not so sure of the timeline but maybe the others can help.

Thank you. I dont have the reception and church finalized yet so I am channeling all efforts on finishing that. Plus, I am on family vacation next month without any european itinerary yet =(, moving to a new apartment and getting my license kaya I couldnt focus!

will inquire around. I dont need a sikat wedding designer, I just need to know that they can deliver

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #498 on: February 12, 2015, 03:08:41 pm »


Sis, more or less we have the same budget range and i had several designers in mind and ended up with mel orlina. I sent inquiries to mel orlina, coca couture and julianne syjuico. Not sure of the latter's last name. Basta close to that. The last two qouted my peg at least 90k. Grabe.. I can't imagine spending too much money on wedding gown. Kaya i chose mel orlina. She makes beautiful gowns, price is within budget and her shop is near my place. 

I booked her 2 weeks ago and my wedding is in december 2015. She will only accept 5 more brides for that month then stop na.. Busy month naman kasi, but still. She has a certain number of limit per month so I guess you'd better hurry in making decision kasi malapit na wedding mo, sis.. 😉

can you pm me the peg for your gown and the pirce that mel orlina quoted it for?

I like some of mel orlina's designs but they tend to look alike so Im a bit hesitant to ask for a facetime consultation with her. Julianne syjuco is doing my sisters gown. she might not advertise her services that much but she has a lot of overseas brides and pretty young pa, I can see her style evolving a bit more like mara chia




hannahimbag

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #499 on: February 12, 2015, 04:21:28 pm »
Update lang mga sis sa Designers, I am just deciding between 3 designers: Jazel Sy, Rich Fontanilla and Von Lazaro. 

Jazel Sy - Mostly Facebook lang kami nagchat but I have the her sketch na. He r design beautiful with minimal beadings.
Rich Fontanilla - Same like Jazel sa Facebook lang din kami nag-uusap. His design is lovely, well I must say his taste is elegantly sweet.  Full embroidery is 10k lower with Jazel
Von Lazaro- We will have a meeting this week, no sketch pa.

I am leaning more with Rich as his design is really good and I love it.  Plus point is he is very nice and I like his attitude, walang ere even if he is very talented and he is guess near Pampanga so it is better since my wedding's venue is in Clark.

I remember one sister is asking about Rich's contacts  :) feel free to contact me.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close