Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 197033 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Have any of you altered or changed your gown design/cut while the gown was being made? I already have an approved gown design and designer. However, when I went to Rosa Clara and tried on their gowns, I noticed that hindi ko bagay the long sleeved gown design I originally thought I had wanted and asked for. I dunno if it was just the gown I tried, because it was so loose, pero I looked so old with the long sleeves.

My gown hasnt been started on yet by the designer. OK lang ba to tell her if we can adjust the silhouette and sleeves as we go along production nalang?

 LOL na dyahe ako to ask my designer because as early as now lumalabas ang pagka demanding bridezilla ko. Good thing my designer has a super awesome personality and really listens to concerns. But medyo na dyahe lang ako because it sounds so demanding to tell her to keep herself open to changes as we go along.

caleeice

  • Guest
Last year when I booked my designer, I asked that a few changes be made when I met her this year during measurement-taking. I also brought pegs and she placed the printouts in my file. Sabi rin nya there was one bride daw sa dami ng mga changes/pegs, parang bible na file nya, so designer told her tama na yan ha.  :P So, I guess it's okay to change your mind as long as kaya pa (probably not major alterations) and that it will not delay the process.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
^if they haven't started on the gown yet then I think it's not a big issue to change your design..wala pa naman nasayang na material anyway.but try to finalise your thoughts kase abala pa din yon sa designer.

dazzle

  • Guest
hello hannahimbag, how did you get in touch with rich fontanilla? nagmessage ako sa facebook niya pero hindi siya nagrreply. nakakafrustrate :(

moizzzelle

  • Guest
Hi sis! Anyone familiar sa bridesdream? Promising kasi yung 55k expo package nila, good for 12 pax. Feedback naman if ever nakaexperience na kayo ng gawa nila. Thanks😘

Hi Sis! Okay Bridesdream. My highschool friend who got married last Jan 17 got their 55k package.

That's for her wedding dress, 2 mothers, her MOH, 3 secondary, 3 bridesmaid and 2 flower girls. Her bridal gown costs 25k nga pala.

j.adore

  • Guest
Mel Orlina has attitude problem daw talaga hehe pero clients still go to her kasi nga affordable at ok ang gawa.

Part of the gown process is to go to RTW shops and try on different types of gowns so you will know what you want or what looks good on you.
If the designer hasn't started on anything yet, it's ok to change the design. But once they start on it, make sure any changes would be minor.

Maybe it's similar to when you book a supplier, no more "researching"? Hehe

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thanks for all the tips and advice sisses!! I am feeling very confident that I made the right choice in choosing my designer..

Grabe she's so easy to deal with and talk to!! I just texted her and told her that I tried on some RTW dresses and discovered that a "fit and flare" silhouette is more flattering. She said we'll change it, no problem.

I really love pleasant and professional suppliers, and suppliers who won't take advantage by charging your for every little change you make!! 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:43:25 pm by Chili1113 »

Tubby

  • Guest
Hi, Girls -

Like most of you here - I also feel that it's tough to choose THE designer. I made some shortlist already and began e-mailing/calling and setting appointments with designers beginning January.

Here's my list:

1. Gretchen Pichay - She is really nice and I really had a good feeling after I met with her. She is very personal and I like her. She gave me two sketches and also some options to cut cost. Range of both is 70 - 90K. She told me that the style and fabric I want is kinda mid-range. I know that she can make 65K gowns but she told me that she also have gowns that went up to 130K.

2. Jazel Sy - I actually love her sketch and ideas. She really knows what she is talking about. She made me a good sketch BUT the price range she gave me was 80K - 140K. Whew!

Others on my list which I MIGHT set meetings with:

3. Maureen Reeca Cruz
4. Mel Orlina
5. Frankie De Leon - he made my cousin's wedding
6. Zandra Lim
7. Happy Andrada
8. Joe San Antonio
9. Kristel Yulo
10. Veejay Floresca
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:14:46 am by Tubby »

hannahimbag

  • Guest
Hello sis dazzle, he isn't responding dun sa page niya but I search his personal account and luckily he responded.  You can PM me your name then, sabihin ko sa kanya na magmemessage ka to inquire. 

By the way for those SG based, meron bridal fair tomorrow and Saturday register lang kayo sa Singapore wedding expo site nila.  And andun si Mel not too sure if fofollow up ko pa ang sa gown design ko.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:17:04 pm by hannahimbag »

charmed30

  • Guest
^andun si Mel sis? Dun kasi sa website puro season 2 suppliers lang ang nakalagay eh season 3 na ngayon.

hannahimbag

  • Guest
^andun si Mel sis? Dun kasi sa website puro season 2 suppliers lang ang nakalagay eh season 3 na ngayon.


not sure sis. Sana andun siya, last year's suppliers din nakita ko sa site. 

hello hannahimbag, how did you get in touch with rich fontanilla? nagmessage ako sa facebook niya pero hindi siya nagrreply. nakakafrustrate :(

Sis may number na ako ni Rich at sinabi ko na din na may fellow girltalker wants to check on his rates, kaso hindi ako makapagPM sayo. 

coffeeholic

  • Guest
good luck sa designer hunting sis Tubby! ako very happy ako sa gown ko kay Gretchen. pero tama yang moves na yan na hunt muna until makita mo yung swak sa taste and budget! :)

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
sis Chili1113 I was able to do that...yung pabago bago ng design heheh. Initially hinde ko din alam ano bagay na sleeves sa akin or mas bagay ba na wala. Actually hinde rin naman talaga alam ng designer yan unless nakasuot na syo, susunod lang sya sa gusto ng bride. Napagkasunduan na lang namin na tsaka kami decide pag andun na, thankful lang dun ako kase kahit yung sa ento ko binago nya yung tela nung nakita nyang hinde bumagay kahit gawa na. Sabi nga nya, nagpapaulit daw sya ng dresses basta hinde sya satisfied sa result.

Final fitting na ko next week :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
^Happy fitting sis!!! Who's your designer sis? I appreciate talaga flexible desginers like that. Even Veluz I heard also changes some elements of the gown as they go along if she sees that there is something not so flattering on the bride. You're right in saying that sometimes di mo alam until suot mo na yung gown. I guess dyan na papasok yung importance of working with a designer who is accommodating, and will really work with you to get the best result possible.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:46:26 pm by Chili1113 »

rave21lala

  • Guest
sis Chili1113, magkano gowns sa Rosa Clara?

Chili1113

  • Guest
^ Rosa Clara gowns are about 100k with no veil yet, but alterations are included.

Tubby

  • Guest
good luck sa designer hunting sis Tubby! ako very happy ako sa gown ko kay Gretchen. pero tama yang moves na yan na hunt muna until makita mo yung swak sa taste and budget! :)

Thanks, sis!

I met with 3 designers already. Most of them are not pressuring me to book but whenever they hear "December Bride" auto-panic kicks in. I kept on going back to Gretchen so maybe "this is it".  She gave me until May to decide but I wouldn't want to stretch it that long.

Can I see your gown, please?

Plus - Gretchen has excellent taste in lace fabrics! She showed me a lot of choices.

Sis rave2lala / Sis Chili1113 -
I went to Rosa Clara the other day as well. The gowns I fitted --- 110,000 to 115,000. Accessories not included and I don't know if alteration is not included in that as well. If you want bolero with it additional 10,000. These gowns are A-Line gowns. Ballgowns are 135,000.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:08:27 am by Tubby »

coffeeholic

  • Guest
^sis tubby you can check our wedding pictures here para makita mo yung gown ko. :)

http://cherryblossomsandfaeriewings.com/2014/07/ren-melos-love-and-logic-wedding-by-camzar-photography/

http://www.bridalbook.ph/wedding-articles/real-weddings/ren-melo

tama ang gaganda nga ng lace ni gretchen. until now pinupuntahan pa rin namin siya kasi may friend ako na ikakasal this year siya rin ang designer so kasama kami tuwing may fitting siya. :)

shrek250190

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #438 on: February 02, 2015, 03:56:44 pm »
Hi mga sis.  patulong naman.  torn between mel and jo...haayy...sino mas ok?  ang hirap. :-(

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #439 on: February 02, 2015, 05:20:01 pm »
sis Chili1113... Therese of Data Couture designer ko. She's new to wedding gowns but matagal na sya sa industry. At first hesitant ako, pero it turns out sa lahat ng suppliers ko sya pinaka-favorite ko heheh pampered na pampered ako pati entourage. Just last week pinabago ni MIL yung upper part kase gusto nya spaghetti strap daw, nasa contract na bawal syempre palitan but nung nakita nya na na-stress na ko ginawa na lang nya without any extra charge....can't wait to see the whole ento :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close