Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196875 times)

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2014, 01:04:58 pm »
May nagtry na ba sa rosa clara? Just to see kung anong flattering na design and meron ba sila yung sub brands nila na medyo hindi super mahal

f878

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2014, 02:05:32 am »
finally set a meeting with roxy bagano next monday.
aahhh!! halfway mark na ko wala pa rin ako'ng gown! *pressure*
if it doesn't work out with roxy (but hoping and praying that it will :D) off to divi agad ang drama ko...

arlon06

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2014, 02:56:34 am »
Update: Decided against Jazel narin. I just feel she is charging me too much a margin when the output will not be worth it since medyo half-baked ang beauty. Visited Jo Rubio.. although also expensive, he was fun to talk to. But his forte is studded gowns, which aren't very romantic for a wedding. Sort of nawawala yung pagka delicate ng bride. WIll be exploring more designers next weekend. Will update :)

X Patricia Santos (130k, unprofessional, expensive)
X Zandra Lim (70k, dont like the materials she will use, dont like design)
X Mara Chua (60k, does not seem that open to inputs, nakakawalang gana kausap)
~ Debbie Co (100k, still a maybe, does embroidery well, clean, with OOT service)
X Jazel Sy (115k, Overbudget, matipid sa beading, embroidery not pulido)
~ Jo Rubio (108k, still a maybe, overbudget, not delicate/ romantic)
X Claiza Bihasa (50-80k, bad reviews from friends since hindi daw mahabol for appointments)

Mahilig si Jo Rubio sa mga champagne gowns, hindi talaga white yung mga nasa studio nya. Haha!
Actually that is fine with me because I was really going to ask him for a nude base and white-r embroidery and embellishments. Takot lang ako when i saw the champagne he uses, too dark na yun for me. I think he will listen naman. Unlike another designer im considering who told me she doesnt want to make me a nude base (e yun nga gusto ko) kasi daw mas classic ang white.

I agree with you, very pulido yung beading kay Jo. But he only has a certain style, medyo magulo yung beading and embellishments nya. So im still thinking about it.

Have you tired checking Paolo Blanco, Boy Kastner Santos, Roxy Bagano? Maybe you'll like their style.

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:17 am »
May nagtry na ba sa rosa clara? Just to see kung anong flattering na design and meron ba sila yung sub brands nila na medyo hindi super mahal

i would have wanted to. but i did not plan on spending that much for a wedding gown so i opted not to. rosa clara ang peg ko for my gown, sana makuha ng mananahi ko. :) although i have seen my ento's gowns and they all turned out to be very well made. all of them loved their gowns. ako naman this sunday na ang fitting, so i hope, maging maganda ang resulta. :)

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2014, 09:31:54 am »

X Patricia Santos (130k, unprofessional, expensive)
X Zandra Lim (70k, dont like the materials she will use, dont like design)
X Mara Chua (60k, does not seem that open to inputs, nakakawalang gana kausap)
~ Debbie Co (100k, still a maybe, does embroidery well, clean, with OOT service)
X Jazel Sy (115k, Overbudget, matipid sa beading, embroidery not pulido)
~ Jo Rubio (108k, still a maybe, overbudget, not delicate/ romantic)
X Claiza Bihasa (50-80k, bad reviews from friends since hindi daw mahabol for appointments)

Sis sparklingjewel, have you tried looking at Mel Orlina or Von Lazaro Designs? I liked their designs and mid-range prices lang din sila.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2014, 01:45:27 pm »
Sis barbillie thank you sa suggestions... I know Mel Orlina as I got her to make me an evening gown before, (which was okay and exactly the style i wanted).. and I have been following her outputs up until the day I got engaged but I realized na hindi pa ako satisfied lang sa output nya kapag bridal gown na ang usapan. I think hindi lang yun yung style ko kasi hers is very girly and medyo may similarities sa ibang designers.

Von Lazaro i will check :) Thank you sis!

chizzyness

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #286 on: November 27, 2014, 03:12:40 pm »
^sis sparklingjewel.... you can also try CoExist by Camille Co .. she's one of the popular fashion bloggers. check mo sa instagram #Coexistbycamilleco or go to her blog. romantic din dating ng gown niya..

jopangs

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2014, 11:31:02 am »
After meeting and inquiring with a lot of designers, I finally decided to go with Joe San Antonio. :) She was recommended by my sister and I've seen her designs/gowns sa Bride and Breakfast. I like her designs and she listens to what design you want. She tweaks it naman if she feels na mas may babagay sa iyo na design or cut.

Good thing she's available for early next year na wedding. Yay!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2014, 11:49:17 am »
^ I just checked out the fb of Joe San Antonio sis. Nice the gowns and also for entourage! Would you know sis the price range for wedding and entourage gowns? I hope you dont mind sis. Thanks!!

jopangs

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »
^ Hi Sis!

For the wedding gown, her rates are on the mid-range. The rate depends on the fabric and the design. She can also work around your budget if the quoted price is a bit much. Price quote for the design I like was around 65K.

For the entourage, the range is about 6K-8K for gown with minor beadworks.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »
^ thats a great price range sis! Nice the designs on her fb, not gaudy even the frou frou skirts which I do not prefer, are nicely done. Although I already booked my designer... Ill visit her and inquire about entourage gowns =)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:24:42 pm by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2014, 09:15:01 am »
Thanks sa advice.. haha I do faintly remember Von Lazaro being cheap a few years back when I first joined GT and W@W. Kaya pala never ko sya naconsider recently, wala sya sa shortlist ko.

Sis Chili1113, I've checked out like 6 or 7 designers na.. just want to be really sure before I book. Im scheduled with Joe this Sunday :) Di ko parin sure if kaya nya yung peg ko pero will just check din kasi mid range lang sya vs. the others whose quote sakin is 6 figures. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2014, 10:02:07 am »
^ good luck sis sparklingjewel!! We seem to have checked out the same designers in the past.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2014, 05:18:41 am »
Thanks sis Chili1113! Updating all the designers I visited & gave the same pegs to:

X Patricia Santos (130k, unprofessional, expensive, period.)
X Zandra Lim (70k, dont like the materials she will use, dont like design, di nya magets what i like)
X Mara Chua (60k, does not seem that open to inputs, nakakawalang gana kausap however good ento rates if you like cheap)
X Jazel Sy (115k, Overbudget, matipid sa beading, nakukulangan ako sa beads or parang kahit madami naman hindi litaw sa pics, but she gets what i like)
X Claiza Bihasa (50-80k, bad reviews from friends since hindi daw mahabol for appointments)
X Rosa Clara (110k/115k/120k, if you like no to minimal beading and just lots of cloth. Not tulle)
~ Debbie Co (100k, still a maybe, does embroidery well/clean, with OOT service, medyo same itsura ng brides nya, mahal ento rates)
~ Jo Rubio (108k, overbudget, style is puro studded & super stand out = not delicate/ romantic. Medyo naturnoff ako sa contract na andami biglang inclusions like shoes, cocktail dress, ento etc which drove the quote up to 240k. Mahal ento rates nya.)
~ Joe San Antonio (80k, gave me a good sketch and does tulle skirts well, doesnt have much photos  so im concerned her beading may not stand out. Will only use swarovski sa gown if minimum 150k otherwise normal beading lang. Mas mura ento rates pero di ako nagagandahan, medyo looks cheap unlike Debbie's)

I think I've gone to just about every designer I thought had a chance, so i'll be picking from the last three within the week. :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:21:24 am by sparklingjewel »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2014, 02:18:41 pm »
^ Hehe  wonder how much Patricia Santos is na now? Her price to me was only 100k and with lots of Swarovski na. I met her the week that kim chu wore the nice gown for some event that made Patricia more well known. Heheh baka old prices pa quote niya sa akin.

Sayang I was gonna book her na sana, but I got turned off with the feedback I got from a former bride, and a former entourage member.

Sis sparklingjewel, buti ka pa your so matiyaga to meet designers. My wedding is 2016 pa but I have no patience hahah so I booked Richie Ortega na. I was getting worried lately bec some of the lace gowns Richie has been posting on her social networks aren't exactly my cup of tea. Good thing she posted some beaded and embroidered gowns that are nice, and which is what she will do for me. If not I would be nervous by now haha
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:23:12 pm by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »
Sis Chili1113 i went to Patricia Santos before the Kim Chiu event, and when she saw my peg she said, mura na yung 150k nya kasi daw 350k yung pinapagaya kong gown. And then I asked if she can't lower it na since it's way over my budget and i dont like naman overly tadtad, she said 130k sagad na since she doesnt want to do gowns na to my understanding, hindi tadtad. That's her signature, and it's not always nicely done (minsan nasasayangan ako sa beads hindi maganda na sobrang dami, nawawala na yung pagkadelicate) but that's her identity, so I left with the 130k quote and never booked her nalang, hehe.

I believe there are a lot of talented designers out there. Several of them are good in several styles, too. Kinakabahan din ako when my designer option suddenly posts gowns na hindi ko gusto pagkagawa. I think lahat naman tayo. Thankfully, I never felt forced to get just anyone. I had all the time i wanted to keep exploring options until my heart told me I found the one. :)

It was down to Jo and Joe for me. Two friends told me not to get Debbie, late daw magbigay gowns / ill-fitting pag super daming clients which is madami nga recently. When i asked Jo to re-quote without all the unnecessary items, it became 110k (sabi nya sakin nung day i met him 108k) and since this was still over my budget and I wasn't liking his studded gowns on instagram recently (hindi delicate/ elegant itsura), I decided to finally let him go.

I just booked Joe today, about 2 months since I met the first designer and less than 24 hours after she had sketched for me. She produced the best sketch out of everyone, sobrang ganda magdrawing not like Debbie na maganda output pero bano drawing so di mo naman mapicture, and she got exactly what i had in mind even yung details na hindi ko na nasabi. I was in awe. So in the end it was a combination of factors that made me book her: design + pulido beadwork, imported beads + within budget + bubbly personality + open to my inputs + accessibility. Everything just contributed to my choice. :) If hindi pa siya, wala na ako halos maconsider eh. I wanted an up and coming designer so the Francis Libirans are out of the question & the budget. Hehe. So glad you've found yours too!

*I did not book anyone for entourage yet. Overbudget pa yung mga pinakamaganda, yung mga within budget naman di ko gusto style. Will just keep searching ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:18:24 pm by sparklingjewel »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2014, 01:26:15 am »
^Congrats sis!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts re the designers you have met. I am happy you have found THE designer for you =)  I enjoyed looking at Joe's facebook. She has a wide variety of designs, and none of which are gaudy or tacky hehe Update us sis with the gown design process.

Actually matagal pa my wedding. But I booked a designer right away because, well I am very comfy with Richie, since she's made several gowns for me before and the fit is superb. Plus its easy to get it touch with her and her assistant. But of course, once we are brides it's a different story and we get very nervous about what the outcome will be. I just havent been liking the lace she has been using in wedding gowns lately.

But ok lang, because mine will be using embroidery and beadwork. OR maybe I am too picky about lace. For me its either its superb , extremely fine, and delicate lace; or I dont care for it at all. And perhaps that's why I am avoiding lace in my wedding gown because I know I wont be satisfied unless only the finest lace is used, which I know will be beyond what I am willing to pay for!! LOL kaya wag nalang. That's why I chose embroidery instead =)



« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:39:12 pm by Chili1113 »

yanieganda

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2014, 12:50:33 am »
Hi po,

does anyone tried CA's jr design team? hows the experience naman? thank you.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2014, 02:38:56 am »
We had our prenup last monday and I wore 3 different dresses from karimadon. I opted to buy rtw na lang coz we're very busy and no time to look somewhere else. Very happy that I got my dresses from there.. lahat nagustuhan ng photographer, coordinator at hmua ko.. bagay na bagay sa theme. I spent around 9k for the 3 dresses and it's worth it. :)

tsarigallano

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2014, 11:05:25 am »
I heard ON SALE ang Misueno this december. Anyone knows how much ang price range nila?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close