Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196888 times)

philpotts

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2014, 11:57:27 am »
^Hi sis coffee_art01, thanks for this info! I will look this up kasi halos lahat din ng napagtanungan ko 8k ang range.

Actually naisip nga ng mga bridesmaids ko (for their dresses since tatlo lang naman sila) to just look at shops na RTW muna kesa sa custom-made para pwede pa nila uli magamit yung dress sa ibang okasyon. I'm considering this.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:22 pm »

Another question sisses. kailangan ba same color ang entourage (bridesmaids and Secondary colors) sa theme ng reception?
Sorry for the weird question, but when I asked my caterer about the colors of the styling sa reception, he asked me if mag kaiba ba talaga ang kulay ng entourage sa reception. I got confused tuloy if importante ba na same color dapat.

hi sis! sakin din di same color ng gowns ng ento. kasi daw hindi daw maganda tignan if nagbiblend yung color nila sa color ng table cloth. she suggested na instead na tiffany blue ginawa nyang black yun table cloth tapos may accent nalang ng tiffany blue

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »
In our case, our motif consists of the colors black, white and peach. The girls will be wearing peach gowns. So our table linens will be in pearl white. But the table napkins will be peach..

scarlett1015

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #263 on: November 06, 2014, 01:45:08 pm »
Thanks to moonstar_004 and Chili1113 for your advice, will look up Kristel Yulo and Frankie de Leon :) still hoping to hear from someone somewhere who might have worked with Isabel Celdran, will keep and eye and ear out and backread also some more in the previous threads.

Happy preps girls! :)

jopangs

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2014, 11:43:24 pm »
I was able to talk to someone from Adora Couture. They don't accept bookings na for April 2015. :( They can accommodate weddings from May 2015 onwards.

So far, I have shortlisted Kirk Soberon. He replies promptly and gave me a workable amount for the gown I like. I showed the same design to other designers. They quoted me 75K and 70K, respectively. Their quotation is twice the amount the Kirk quoted.

I am considering him because of the budget and the location of his shop. I haven't seen much of his work (we only had email exchanges) but I've seen reviews about him. Wala pa naman negative reviews.

I'm still looking for other designers that can work within my budget. Based from the reviews, I think I'll contact Ammon Velasco and Emil Ocampo. Hopefully, they are still available on April 2015.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2014, 04:07:13 am »
Update: Just met with Jazel Sy. I feel like out of all the designers I've met, she gets what I want and just like Debbie Co, is open to my inputs the most. The only problem is the execution. Noticed that while they do embroidery, hindi sya fully beaded, like yung beading niya moderate lang, and not the full shape of the embroidery and if I will add daw ako pa sasagot ng extra stones/ swarovski, and yet she is charging me 100k + 10k for the veil and 5k OOT fee for Tagaytay. So thats 115k, which is unfortunate because i have a 100k budget nga as I told her.

Still no this-is-it designer for me :(

Meeting with Jo Rubio tomorrow, and will update again soon. So far:

X Patricia Santos (unprofessional, expensive)
X Zandra Lim (dont like the materials she will use, dont like design)
X Mara Chua (does not seem that open to inputs, nakakawalang gana kausap)
~ Debbie Co (100k, still a maybe, does embroidery well, clean)
~ Jazel Sy (115k, still a maybe but overbudget)


little lulu

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2014, 07:05:07 am »
First fitting ko pa lang for the muslin on the 25th. Huhu nagpapaliit pa ko ng tummy (beer belly). Payat naman ako. Sana nga,lumiit.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2014, 02:06:17 pm »
So thats 115k, which is unfortunate because i have a 100k budget nga as I told her.


sis, you may try merlene marcelo.. 80k for a fully beaded top with a layered/ruffles skirt.. something like this..
https://www.facebook.com/236202921754/photos/pb.236202921754.-2207520000.1415513058./10152085202231755/?type=3&theater

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2014, 02:11:20 pm »
I was able to talk to someone from Adora Couture. They don't accept bookings na for April 2015. :( They can accommodate weddings from May 2015 onwards.
I'm still looking for other designers that can work within my budget. Based from the reviews, I think I'll contact Ammon Velasco and Emil Ocampo. Hopefully, they are still available on April 2015.

sis, check mo din Kim Concepcion of KC Couture.  She can work on your budget too :)

xxIcePrincessxx

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2014, 11:26:31 pm »
mga sis, I just visited Edgar Allan na boutique and they have really nice wedding gowns around 30k  to 50k.  Actually my mom and I fell in love with one of his creations.. it really looks like a designer gown.. hindi yung tinadtad ng beading para lang magmukhang wedding dress hehe. Price of the dresses are reasonable so it's worth checking out :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #270 on: November 09, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »
it really looks like a designer gown.. hindi yung tinadtad ng beading para lang magmukhang wedding dress hehe. Price of the dresses are reasonable so it's worth checking out :)

LOL!! sorry sis, I just had to react to this. So funny yung "tinadtad ng beading para lang magmukhang wedding dress" heheh I love intricate beading and embroidery but I agree na dapat may sense yung placement ng embellishments. Ive seen gowns na parang sabog sabog yung beads, na parang nilagyan for the sake of having bead work.

coffee_art01

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2014, 04:30:26 pm »
^Hi sis coffee_art01, thanks for this info! I will look this up kasi halos lahat din ng napagtanungan ko 8k ang range.

Actually naisip nga ng mga bridesmaids ko (for their dresses since tatlo lang naman sila) to just look at shops na RTW muna kesa sa custom-made para pwede pa nila uli magamit yung dress sa ibang okasyon. I'm considering this.

Welcome sis! :) Ang tagal ko din naghanap. I actually considered getting an RTW dress na din. Yung mga branded like Zara, Dorothy Perkins, etc. Kaya lang wala ako makita na formal na type ko. If you will visit their shop, may mga finished product na. Check mo kung ok sa'yo. Madali din kausap yung owner, wala na halong pambobola, very straightforward.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2014, 09:54:45 pm »
Still no this-is-it designer for me :(

Meeting with Jo Rubio tomorrow, and will update again soon. So far:

X Patricia Santos (unprofessional, expensive)
X Zandra Lim (dont like the materials she will use, dont like design)
X Mara Chua (does not seem that open to inputs, nakakawalang gana kausap)
~ Debbie Co (100k, still a maybe, does embroidery well, clean)
~ Jazel Sy (115k, still a maybe but overbudget)

Update: Decided against Jazel narin. I just feel she is charging me too much a margin when the output will not be worth it since medyo half-baked ang beauty. Visited Jo Rubio.. although also expensive, he was fun to talk to. But his forte is studded gowns, which aren't very romantic for a wedding. Sort of nawawala yung pagka delicate ng bride. WIll be exploring more designers next weekend. Will update :)

X Patricia Santos (130k, unprofessional, expensive)
X Zandra Lim (70k, dont like the materials she will use, dont like design)
X Mara Chua (60k, does not seem that open to inputs, nakakawalang gana kausap)
~ Debbie Co (100k, still a maybe, does embroidery well, clean, with OOT service)
X Jazel Sy (115k, Overbudget, matipid sa beading, embroidery not pulido)
~ Jo Rubio (108k, still a maybe, overbudget, not delicate/ romantic)
X Claiza Bihasa (50-80k, bad reviews from friends since hindi daw mahabol for appointments)

Mahilig si Jo Rubio sa mga champagne gowns, hindi talaga white yung mga nasa studio nya. Haha!
Actually that is fine with me because I was really going to ask him for a nude base and white-r embroidery and embellishments. Takot lang ako when i saw the champagne he uses, too dark na yun for me. I think he will listen naman. Unlike another designer im considering who told me she doesnt want to make me a nude base (e yun nga gusto ko) kasi daw mas classic ang white.

I agree with you, very pulido yung beading kay Jo. But he only has a certain style, medyo magulo yung beading and embellishments nya. So im still thinking about it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:54:16 am by sparklingjewel »

nathanielle

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2014, 11:15:17 am »
^I attended a wedding where Jo Rubio was the designer. The gown looked really nice naman, really feminine. Pero hindi white yung color nung gown, more beige/tan. But it looked really pulido.

I've attended another wedding where Frankie de Leon was the bridal gown designer. Maganda rin, very feminine, tama lang yung beading, hindi gaudy, and the gown looked really "flowy" instead of "poofy."

Another designer I really liked was Joel Escober.  He doesn't do beading that much, pero mukhang "couture" yung gown nya. Really classy, if you can pull it off. Maganda yung fabrics nya.

dazzle

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2014, 11:49:41 am »
hello sis sparklingjewel, di ba masyado maganda output ni jazel sy? i'll be setting an appointment with her next week or next next weel. i fell in love with one of the gowns that she posted in instagram but i haven't seen pa tlaga any of her works in person. 80k lang max budget ko my gown.

may massuggest pa kayo mga sis? i don't like yung frou frou skirt pero gusto ko with beading and lace

thank you!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2014, 04:30:15 pm »
I've attended another wedding where Frankie de Leon was the bridal gown designer. Maganda rin, very feminine, tama lang yung beading, hindi gaudy, and the gown looked really "flowy" instead of "poofy."

Me too sis. I also like Frankie de Leon's work. It isn't gaudy as you said.

The tricky thing about beadwork is that it has to been done well and with some restraint. Halos lahat ng gown sa Philippines may beads. Even in divisoria meron. But personally I love beading, but it can easily look gaudy if it isn't done right.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:48 pm »
I super love my designer. kahapon all of a sudden gusto ko ng pearl buttons. and I messaged him baka pwede palitan insteadn a zipper pearl buttons nalang. sabi nya gawa na gown ko to think feb pa wedding ko pero check nya today nagmessage sya pwede pa daw palitan yay!!

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2014, 06:07:06 pm »
^ nice sis! Yung designer ko naman pag nakikitang hinde bumagay yung design binabago namin kahit pa gawa na. Like yung sleeves na lace, dapat 3/4 sya pero kanina 2nd fitting na-realize namin mas maganda short sleeves, so binago namin. Sa ento naman nagpalit kami ng tela sa bridesmaid kase hinde maganda tignan pala pag buo na yung dress. Inalter nya yung sa maid of honor ko din kahit tapos na.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2014, 08:07:45 pm »
hello sis sparklingjewel, di ba masyado maganda output ni jazel sy? i'll be setting an appointment with her next week or next next weel. i fell in love with one of the gowns that she posted in instagram but i haven't seen pa tlaga any of her works in person. 80k lang max budget ko my gown.

may massuggest pa kayo mga sis? i don't like yung frou frou skirt pero gusto ko with beading and lace

thank you!

Sis i also viewed Jazel's ig where she has nice gowns kaya nga I visited her. The ones she does for shoots / mga showcase events are prettier than the actual real bridal gowns. It could be the client's taste din. But for me, she had a gown very similar to what I was asking for, and it wasn't pulido. Yung embroidery hindi fully sewn on all sides, nakataas yung edges. Kulang sa beading, parang konti konti lang sya across the embroidery. Maganda naman yung design. Nakulangan lang tlaga ako sa execution. She told me she will only do beading to that level (pointing to the gown) and if I want extra i will have to provide the extra Swarovskis myself. So kulang for my requirement, and ang mahal pa ng quote, 115k na in total yung cost ko if ever sya.


fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #279 on: November 16, 2014, 08:09:39 pm »
Nag first fitting na yung mga members ng female entourage ko. All of them loved their dresses. I'm so happy. At excited na din ako magfit ng gown ko!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close