Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196946 times)

hallerski

  • Guest
hello sissies, i have a question.. diba yung designers, sila din ang magde-deliver ng gown sa wedding preps hotel?
me oot fee ba sila normally?  let's say sa tagaytay, me oot fee pa ba sila on top of the gown pricing?
TIA :)

sweetieanne18

  • Guest
hi! im new here overseas bride  :) my wedding will be on 0ctober 2015 can anyone here recommend me a wedding designer who can do a two in one wedding gown. naisip ko kasi sayang ang money if i only use the gown in just one day that's why  i decided na magpagawa ng two in one wedding gown para after the wedding i can still use it pa :) a designer will be like a Vere Wang gowns and my budget is only 30k-40k without beads. thank you  :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
^hi sis.. inquire ka sa couturier ko Manny Aquino Mondelo. He is doing a 2 in 1 gown din for me.. so 2nd look sa reception.. I think pasok budget mo..just tell him walang bead works. I can give you his contact details if you want. :)
You can pm me your email address.

shygirlme

  • Guest
^^mine is 25k kay Paul Rex Mateo. Wala din beads pero 2 in 1 gown

juwie

  • Guest
I had a change of heart.. Instead of Emil Ocampo, Mel Orlina will make my bridal gown instead. :)

But the ento gowns, groom's suit etc will still be made by Emil. :)

miaums

  • Guest
help mga sis!!!

mel orlina or debbie co? I'm planning to get the entourage gowns from debbie na, torn lang ako sa kanilang dalawa for bridal gown.

thanks!!!


sweetieanne18

  • Guest
^hi sis.. inquire ka sa couturier ko Manny Aquino Mondelo. He is doing a 2 in 1 gown din for me.. so 2nd look sa reception.. I think pasok budget mo..just tell him walang bead works. I can give you his contact details if you want.
You can pm me your email address.


thank you vitug.annie :) can you send me his website or can i have sample of your gown para makita ko yong gown that he made! this is my email lorieann_coronel@yahoo.com

flyknits

  • Guest
A couturier just priced me 25k and 35k for mother's gown. He's known here in the province. Just want to ask if how much rate usually for mother's gown ni Cecilio Abad? Actually, nagalit ako sa price. Mel Orlina quoted me 10-15k lang. Hindi lang sila nag click ng mga mothers.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
help mga sis!!!

mel orlina or debbie co? I'm planning to get the entourage gowns from debbie na, torn lang ako sa kanilang dalawa for bridal gown.

thanks!!!



Sis I have met with both of them and had a gown previously done by Mel, it didn't really fit well although the draping was nice. Medyo same price range sila but I would go with Debbie, i think she is a bit better with the draping and a bit more expensive but I would prefer that kesa mahal na nga hindi naman perfect. Hope it helps!

Chili1113

  • Guest
^ I agree with sis sparkling jewel. Ive had 3 dresses made by Debbie Co already - 1 gown and 2 cocktail dresses. I must say that the fit is good. Although I haven't tried Mel Orlina, so I can't personally compare.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Oohhh she has a lot to learn pa pala talaga.. Give her a couple of years and maybe she'll improve. Tho how much na kaya ang price niya by then. Gosh. Ang mahal considering na two years palang siya. But ano pala she was the designer of Kim Chiu's gown sa Star Magic Ball ano..

Ay jusko sis oo, sobrang unprofessional pa talaga. I never contacted her about the gown after that visit. I considered more designers and actually found out there are others who can do my peg for a lot less too. Plus, they were actually nice and very professional. :)

Updates on those I considered. I gave them all the same peg.. Illusion neckline, clean embroidery on the bodice, tulle skirt (not frou frou) for the bottom.

Patricia Santos - 130k. Ruled out since she badmouths her clients with other clients and has several slip-ups in scheduling and delivering gowns on-time. Seems to prefer those who are moneyed and give her expensive/ imported gifts. Plus she is expensive and refused to work with my budget even after I told her i didn't want super tadtad beading. Another sis also said two separate weddings she did, the gowns were not well-made and had to be repaired day itself..

Mara Chua - 60k. She had the best sketch out of all the designers I visited, and was also the cheapest. I just found her too reserved/ quiet that I am not sure if I will be comfortable telling her what I want and don't want in the details... Ganun ba talaga siya or she just doesn't like me? Kase I am quite sure my inputs will be necessary to get my perfect gown and if she doesn't take them well and wants me to just trust her completely then that is not what I want. Kahit si h2b hindi naging comfortable sa kanya, which is a minus point since I don't want my ento lalo na our moms being uncomfortable with her. She should be more accommodating than that if she wants business.

Zandra Lim - 70k. Very nice, accommodating, considers your inputs but talks very slow, inaantok ako. Hehe! Her entourage rates are very affordable compared to others but will not do entourage only. Gave me sketches from all angles and sample cloths for entourage, ang bait. Only reason Im not getting her is because she doesn't do clean embroidery, laging magulo, which is not what I want for my gown. Also, her sketch didn't impress me and she plans to use laser cut silk which i dont like.. i think it's a way to cut cost instead of doing full embroidery.

Debbie Co - 100k. OMG she is very very nice and chatty!! Spent 2 hours talking to her at her studio and she showed me all the fabrics and embroidery she's going to use. Also gave me sample cloths for ento gowns. Does not sketch well at all, but she's done what I want previously so ok lang. Her entourage rates are expensive though and overbudget so I am only considering her for my gown.

Jo Rubio - Replied but still hasn't scheduled me... no quote either. His loss if ever since hindi ako naghahabol ng supplier unless iisa lang talaga gusto ko :P

Vidal Clayton - 100k. Seems very down to Earth but we have not yet really met. Like Zandra medyo magulo rin style niya so I want to meet him to determine if he can get what I want.

Claiza Bihasa - Was planning to inquire with her but a friend of mine got her and said she is very disorganized, lies to her and is causing her so much stress. That's a no-no na agad sakin regardless of her price and talent.

I'll update again when i finally book my designer.. i hope this review helps everyone reading this :)




jopangs

  • Guest
Hello mga sis!

May Adora Creation brides ba dito? :) I've read good reviews about her. I would like to know her rates sa wedding gown and entourage gowns!

Thank you!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Sisses, sinong actually nakapagpagawa na ng gown kay Debbie Co? Ironically after i raved about her after I met her, my officemate tells me NOT to book her, as in sobrang against siya! Inconsistent daw in terms of fit and timing of delivery (late matapos) according to her past bride friends. Now im confused :( Anyone who actually got her for their wedding? TIA!

charm0220

  • Guest
hello sissies, i have a question.. diba yung designers, sila din ang magde-deliver ng gown sa wedding preps hotel?
me oot fee ba sila normally?  let's say sa tagaytay, me oot fee pa ba sila on top of the gown pricing?
TIA :)

I'm not sure with other designers.. pero with my designer may minimal fee lang.  She will make two gowns for me, I will be needing assistance talaga on the day.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
i just had my 3rd fitting with kristel yulo this past saturday. nakakaaliw, i can almost see the gown na. siguro 70% done. she's very precise sa fit, a pinch here, a pinch there. so far so good. i'm really glad that i went with her.

rikki21

  • Guest
Hi girls. have you tried for your entourage gowns - different shades of your chosen color,+ different styles of gowns? i have seen before different pastel colors + diffrent styles of gowns. I would like to try for my entourage different shades of blue + different style of gowns. I would like them to enjoy their gowns in terms of style and color, as they go on different body types as well. My concern lang is if it will look good on pictures.

caleeice

  • Guest
^Hmmm, if you want to have different styles of gowns in different shades of blue for your entourage, I suggest limiting the number of shades, e.g., royal blue for the maid of honor; midnight blue for the bridesmaids; and baby blue for flower girls. That way, it won't look too random and disorganized in photos. :) They won't exactly get to choose what shade, but they at least they are still free to pick the gown design. :)

j.adore

  • Guest
I did that in different shades of blue but organized into groups. Of course unique color ang maid of honor :)

moonstar_004

  • Guest
my maid of honor and bridesmaids will wear pale blush pink. secondary sponsors will wear nude. flower girls will wear pale mint green.

my junior groomsman(since there's a junior bridesmaid) will wear a suit with pale blush pink bowtie. the bearers will be wearing a bowtie in mint green.

mikamika

  • Guest
Ang hirap pala maghanap ng designer especially because I really want to stay on our budget for my dress.

So far I've contacted 3:
Amonn Velasco - quoted me 40k for my peg.
Mel Orlina - quoted me 60k. Medyo matagal magreply sa e-mail but I think calling is the faster option.
Maureen Reeca - hasn't given me a quotation yet. I like that she replies fast to my e-mails and even offered to call me.

I have yet to set an appointment with the 3. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one once I see their sketches and get to meet them personally. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close