Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196682 times)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2014, 03:50:32 pm »
Mga sis, what should I expect on the first meeting with the designer?  Nakapag inquire pa lang ako but I still dont have the gown in mind na gugustuhin ko. Also may parang fee ba on the first meeting? Lalo na if you are still scouting and di mo pa sure if kukunin mo siya?

Sis, it would be best if you first look at some designs. That make things easier because designers can give you a more precise quotation and it makes an easier discussion. After collecting some peg designs, what I did was first inquire through email through several designers. I then narrowed down my list to about 4 by checking past works, style, feedback and the price quotation they sent based on my pegs. I then asked for a meeting with the 4 designers. There, I showed my pegs, discussed whether they had ideas and suggestions. They will sketch a design and discuss details with me. They will also give me a more accurate quotation based on the actual design and materials to be used.

After meeting the 4, that was the only time that I, together with my mum and fiance, decided who I want.

Hope that helps :) Happy preps!

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2014, 03:55:37 pm »
We'll be in manila on the first week of december so I am planning to go to DIVI to find bridesmaids gowns there :) I hope i can get a good deal. :) any suggestions mga sis which shop to go? my budget is like 2k per gown?

lorenloyd

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2014, 04:06:22 pm »
hi mga sis, may nakapaginquire na ba sa inyo kay edd sy? pashare naman po ng experience at details

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2014, 05:44:28 pm »
Has anyone here worked with Vania Romoff or Maureen Disini? I'm particularly interested in the experiences of any overseas brides with regards to communication, updates etc. I'm based abroad kasi and I'm not sure if I want to work with a designer or just buy an off the rack dress here nalang para mas madali to do fittings/alterations.

au_chic

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2014, 07:26:25 pm »
We'll be in manila on the first week of december so I am planning to go to DIVI to find bridesmaids gowns there :) I hope i can get a good deal. :) any suggestions mga sis which shop to go? my budget is like 2k per gown?


168 mall - stall 4d-02.


The store is owned by Marie and Shiela Jacinto :)


The make heavily beaded bridesmaid's long gowns for 2500 and basic simple long gowns for 1800 :) They were recommended by a fellow bridesmaid a year ago, and the gown they made for her was lovely. They made her gown in around less than 2 weeks or so.


PM me if you want her number :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:38:40 pm by au_chic »

iamsuperizch

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2014, 01:52:20 am »
We'll be in manila on the first week of december so I am planning to go to DIVI to find bridesmaids gowns there :) I hope i can get a good deal. :) any suggestions mga sis which shop to go? my budget is like 2k per gown?

You might want to check out STYLE STAPLE (without space in IG) in FB.  Simple dresses na pwde na for bridesmaids for less than 2k.  May physical store din somewhere in White Plains.  She also do custom-made pieces.

Copper

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2014, 07:50:33 am »
Hi Sis Chili.
I was able to talk to patricia santos about 3 months ago and I asked for her starting price. She said if its lace and minimal beading it starts at 70k and if embroi it starts at 90k. Not sure though if nagtaas because of Kim's black dress...but for me its a normal design na among sa creations nya....naging stalker din ako ng creations nya for a while kasi.Valle Verde 5 or 6 ata ang shop nya

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2014, 06:45:08 pm »
Just wanted to vent out my sudden frustration. I had a wedding gown design in mind na since 2013, yung parang lace + frou frou trumpet/serpentina gown from Vera Wang. Now I'm wondering if I should look at other styles kasi it seems that's what everyone's getting done these days. Kainis lang haha.  :(

krisffee

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2014, 09:17:21 pm »
I feel for you sis! Now thats what everyone (or most) wants. Nag iiba na lang sa lace design and beadwork. Its getting harder to be different. Personally, Im looking for designs na hindi dramatic. Mala Ms Universe gowns na yung hinahanp ko haha! just because its classy and elegant and far from the fluffy kind  ;) Ang ganda nga nung kay Megan Young hihi!

Thanks sis chili113! I sent them emails na haha! Lagi ko nga check yung mail ko eh! excited lang haha!

Kristel Yulo replied na. 75k nga daw starting rate nila. based on my pegs, it would range 80k up! without the entourage gowns pa. Gretchen Pichay and Maureen Reeca Cruz quoted me 55k to 70k. It seems mga ganun yung average price ng pegs ko. hay. ang mahal magpakasal! haha!

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2014, 09:35:05 pm »
^may 10% discount pa yun if you pay in full. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2014, 09:56:46 pm »
Hi Sis Chili.
I was able to talk to patricia santos about 3 months ago and I asked for her starting price. She said if its lace and minimal beading it starts at 70k and if embroi it starts at 90k. Not sure though if nagtaas because of Kim's black dress...but for me its a normal design na among sa creations nya....naging stalker din ako ng creations nya for a while kasi.Valle Verde 5 or 6 ata ang shop nya

Sis was able to visit Patricia already and I have a feeling I will have her make my gown. She's really ok  to meet and talk with. I like that she talked about how she will cut the gown to make it flattering and that she designs her own embroidery.

Prices are a bit steep for someone only 2 years in designing, but  the talent, quality and taste is there. And the price she gave is steep but not unreasonable compared to other designers. 

Copper

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2014, 09:52:24 am »
sis chili, i agree with you. nice sya kausap and maganda talaga gawa nya :) embroi nya nice din ang patterns. nagtaas na ba sya ng rate nya?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2014, 02:36:39 pm »
sis, based on the price she quoted u three months ago parang di pa naman nagtataas ng price. But I am not sure also, kasi baka  price depends how much embroidery will be used. Mine is embroidered bodice and hem, but slim gown with a short train only. I think so far the price is fair, considering the workmanship.

Did you get her sis Copper?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2014, 02:46:10 pm »
I have a question to the brides here. May I ask:

1. how  far from your wedding did you book and give a dp to the designer?
2. Once a  the quotation is given, how long will that price be good for?
3. Has anyone had an experience of giving a dp to a designer as early as six months or more before start of gown production?

I am worried kasi magtataas ng price so baka mag down na ako. Good idea ba yon  or maaga pa masyado?

nene1117

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:52 pm »
parang depende sa designer sis..
meron kasi iba na max # bridal gowns lang sila per month..so mas ok kung mabook mo na siya kung siya talaga ang gusto mo..
and based dun sa mga nameet ko nang designers, they require 50% DP and price locked na yun and minsan nagbibigay sila discount if more than 1year ang booking mo

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2014, 04:07:52 pm »
thanks sis nene for the advice! yung gusto ko na designer, six brides per month lang. pero kasi jan 2016 pa ako. pero sige nevermind para ma price lock ko na din!!

nene1117

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2014, 05:16:14 pm »
Sis Chili1113, Jan2016 din ako.. pero now naghahanap na ako ng designer... dati plan ko next year na lang maghanap kasi sabi ko sa sarili ko papayat muna ako ng konti... but a friend of mine told me to scout na.. so far yung mga napagtanungan ko na mga designers ganun yung requirement nila..

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »
1. how  far from your wedding did you book and give a dp to the designer?
-- booked mine 5mos before the wedding date. My designer said it should be earlier, she actually doesn't want to accept me anymore beacause she already reached her max quota for the month. But I really wanted to get her and I wouldn't accept a NO haha.

2. Once a  the quotation is given, how long will that price be good for?
-should be final unless you want to add something more than what was initially agreed upon. I've encountered 1 designer who doesn't accept deviations from the original design once you've signed the contract.

3. Has anyone had an experience of giving a dp to a designer as early as six months or more before start of gown production?
-based from my designer's rule, dp of just 10k was done to reserve the slot. Then the xx% upon the initial fitting, then xx% on the next fitting and so on... last payment will be done upon pick up of the gown. A certain designer however has terms of 50% dp first, mejo mabigat. It actually depends per designer :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »
I have a question to the brides here. May I ask:

1. how  far from your wedding did you book and give a dp to the designer?
2. Once a  the quotation is given, how long will that price be good for?
3. Has anyone had an experience of giving a dp to a designer as early as six months or more before start of gown production?

I am worried kasi magtataas ng price so baka mag down na ako. Good idea ba yon  or maaga pa masyado?

Hi Chili1113. :)
My wedding will be on June 2015. I started looking for a designer last Aug. and just last week,  I paid 50% of the total cost. So that is actually 9 months before my wedding. He quoted me 65k for the gown but since I have been referred by a friend,  he gave the total package to me at 55k.. that includes everything na..like veil, pillows, cord, garters,  headdress, etc. And dahil overseas bride, he sent me swatches of the fabrics thay he will use so I can choose properly. Aside from that, he'll be taking my measurements in Dec on our 1 week vacation sa pinas. So may chance pako mag exercise. The good thing about booking early is that sometimes you get the old rates. Most of the wedding suppliers adjusts their rates during the last quarter of the year.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2014, 10:31:51 pm »
thanks for all the tips!! It is much appreciated. Im wondering if I wait till the end of  the year to book if the quotation will remain the same. But perhaps if I am sure, I should already give a dp! 
 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close