Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 196549 times)

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »
Has anyone booked with or has any feedback about Mitch Desunia? He has an on-going promo now and I am considering him. 18k na lang (from 35K) for bridal gowns for 2015 weddings. TIA! :)

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2014, 08:58:30 pm »
^sis cheezums, I haven't read the other thread but there's an existing Mitch Desunia thread. Might help you more

DominiqueL

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »
I recommend veluz!

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2014, 12:52:32 am »
@DominiqueL

Is 300k plus sulit? If find her gowns really pretty but the price was too steep for me.

How good are the materials and craftsmanship?  It's like paying for a Valentino or Prada gown kasi. hehe

photografairy

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »
Any Rosalyn Lagdameo brides here? How was it naman po? Matagal ba talaga siya magreply sa email? I texted her din kasi to inquire, she replied sa text just to give her email address pero it's been a week since my email to her. And Ano range ng rates niya? TIA!

krisffee

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2014, 11:09:27 pm »
wala pa rin akong designer :( the good news is im leaning towards kristel yulo does anyone know her starting rate?

sa dami ng designers, pano ba ako pipili? should i meet them first? pwede ba magpadesin kahit hindi pa sure na sila kukunin ko?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2014, 11:19:53 pm »
 
wala pa rin akong designer :( the good news is im leaning towards kristel yulo does anyone know her starting rate?

sa dami ng designers, pano ba ako pipili? should i meet them first? pwede ba magpadesin kahit hindi pa sure na sila kukunin ko?

sis, email or call the designers and the can give a price range. From there u can kinda short list which designers u wanna meet. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:57:21 am by Chili1113 »

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2014, 11:42:16 pm »
^^ Of course you should meet them first sis. Check their sample gowns para alam mo kung bet mo yung gawa nila. Ako I tried 2 designers sample gowns para lang alam ko anong bagay sa body type ko. Pero may dala na rin akong pegs nun tapos pinakita ko sila. The designer I chose walang sample wedding gowns but she presented sketches base sa binigay kong pics. I chose her because she's so very professional and very detailed sa ginagawa nya. Alam kong hinde sasakit ulo ko, ngayon sya pa nga yung maya't maya nagtetext, nagsesend ng emails, then set ng meetings. Hinde ko kailangan puntahan yung designer ko sya yung pumupunta malapit sa work ko para mag meet kami :)

Depende syo yan sis, sa akin malaking factor yung hinde ako ma-stress sa gowns at hinde rin mahirap para sa akin at sa entourage puntahan.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2014, 07:00:20 am »
wala pa rin akong designer :( the good news is im leaning towards kristel yulo does anyone know her starting rate?

i had a list of designers as well, but i only got to meet with von lazaro and kristel yulo. i got to meet von first, then kristel a couple of weeks later siguro. i went with kristel.

first reason being, i think her design range is really wide. she asked me so many detailed questions during our first meeting. what i don't like about my body, what i like about my body, etc. aside pa from the details of my gown peg.

second, i think my personality would jive better with her, than with von.

third, i find it easier to go to her studio, and i find her studio more pleasant. :)

her rates would depend on your peg. unlike veluz, na i think she has minimum rate na of 200 or 300k ba? they are very organized, and would offer a maximum of 10% discount depending on your payment scheme.

she would present to you several sketches on your second meeting, based on what you've discussed on your first meeting. i've had 2 fittings already, and kristel is very hands on.

i hope that helps. :)

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »
Hi ladies, has anyone gotten Camille Garcia lately? I've seen her featured in magazines and have visited her store and have no problems naman with her gowns' detailing and stuff. Want to know lang sana if actual output closely resembles what the bride had in mind during the design process.  :)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2014, 06:30:21 pm »
I chose my designer based on their forte with regards to style of the gowns. I find it sayang din sa talent ng designer kung malayo sa style nila.

I opted out Veluz dahil sa price and the gown I wanted is not heavy on beadworks. Avant garde naman yung kay John Herrera, medyo classic kasi yung gusto ko.

I contacted Maureen, she replied promptly but didn't got back to be, but it seems like her forte are the heavy skirts and I am not a fan of the style kasi di bagay sakin :)

abrilata

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »
wala pa rin akong designer :( the good news is im leaning towards kristel yulo does anyone know her starting rate?

Sis @ krisffee, I inquired with Kristel Yulo and she quoted my full lace gown at 90K to 130K which is really beyond my budget. Her gowns usually start 65K-70K. That's just her basic custom-designed gowns.

Maybe you can try with Mel Orlina or Jorge Palmos. How about Hana Saab-Tomacruz? There are a lot of options. It will depend on your budget, your style and your rapport with your designer since you want to be gorgeous on your wedding day. :)

I chose my designer based on their forte with regards to style of the gowns. I find it sayang din sa talent ng designer kung malayo sa style nila.


Sis @z0z, who's your designer? :)

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2014, 07:35:04 pm »
agree sis zOz  ;) I inquire before sa isang designer, sabi ko gusto ko sana lace lang and minimal beading or no beading at all, she replied nakakatanda daw ang lace. So dun pa lang alam kong hinde sya para sa akin. Sayang lang galing nila sa pag-beads kung papagawa ko eh lace lang naman.

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »
I got Zandra Lim :) she has a good mix of classic and modern. I learned about her kasi I have a friend na kinasal yung sister nya? Nagandahan ako sa gown, so ni-stalk ko kung sino yung designer.

I like kasi the "hubadera" look (hahahaha) na covered ng lace appliqués (labo ba since I said kanina classic).  Zuhair Murad, Elie Saab and Reem Arca yung mga designers na ganun and Zandra can do those.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2014, 10:12:25 pm »
Meeting with another designer this week! It took me forever to get an appt with this up and coming designer who I fear is now becoming super popular, and has increased prices.

In the last Star Magic  Ball this gown a famous actress wore of this .designer was all over the news. the star she dressed up is all over social media being tagged as best dressed. Overnight she gained like 4k new followers on IG.

Kakainis lang hahaha bec I do not like Showbiz designers at all!!!!  But I had been following this designer for a while and so I will see what design and price she will come up with for me for me 

Otherwise, I think I am OK na with Richie Ortega torres. Richie is so nice and easy to talk to and also has excellent   taste as well.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:15:18 pm by Chili1113 »

krisffee

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2014, 10:39:05 pm »
is the designer patricia santos?  :)

im totally in love with rosa clara gowns pero cant find a designer na ganun yung style. i want sana sophisticated elegance, something timeliness and feminine. not too much beading kasi baka di bagay sa morning wedding namin. maybe you know someone? halos frou frou and beaded top yung mainstream ngayon. i want to be a little different. tee hee!

charm0220

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2014, 02:31:52 am »
Hi z0z! we have the same designer din. my second fitting with Zandra Lim is on Sept. 19 na kaya super excited na :)

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:08 am »
^i swear hindi ako alagad ni kristel, but you can check out my couturier kristel yulo. what pulled me to her designs were they were all very romantic. nothing too heavily beaded(although i'm sure she can accommodate that as well). and parang her designs DON'T look the same. she's very detailed, kaya you can discuss with her what you want talaga.

i don't have my gown yet, feb 2015 pa 'ko, but so far my experience has been great.

dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:20 am »
Mga sis, what should I expect on the first meeting with the designer?  Nakapag inquire pa lang ako but I still dont have the gown in mind na gugustuhin ko. Also may parang fee ba on the first meeting? Lalo na if you are still scouting and di mo pa sure if kukunin mo siya?

dr.thereal.joy

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 14 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »
"Good morning. I would like to inquire about your wedding gowns/packages. If you don't mind can you sending it to (email add) ? Wedding will be (date). Thank you in advance."

Eto sis message ko. Sina Von, and Kirk pa lang nagrereply. Si Evelyn Guerero hinihintay ko pa. Still eyeing on 2 designers na naririnig ko maganda while yung isa is ka same subdivision ko.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close