watch now

Author Topic: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy  (Read 8056 times)

artificialstar

  • Guest
Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« on: June 16, 2014, 01:32:20 pm »
Hi mga sis,

Just curious kung ano yung definition nyo of being rich, your ideal monthly income, assets, everything.

Mine would be 150k monthly income, living on interest.  ;D

Post away mga sis!

sweet_cherry

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 01:46:58 pm »
if our passive income is equal to or greater than our gross active income.

pandapple

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:05:36 am »
by definition.. being able to afford the things i really want and do the things i want to do (ex. travel) without putting a strain on my account.  ;)

saberjade

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »

I think being rich is just being able to afford what you want without having to think about how it will affect your assets.

Like, right now, I'm not "rich" because I have to save up in order to afford things - like a new car, etc. But if I were rich, I can just buy a car when I want to with no problem. Of course, this would entail that I have funds or income that will support this lifestyle.

To me, it's not about labels or brands. It's about being able to make choices comfortably. People think if I were rich, I'd buy a Benz or Porsche. Actually, if I were rich, I'd buy whatever car I want. And that means I'm open to buying a humble Toyota or Suzuki, if that's really what I wanted. I don't need fancy things to prove my wealth~

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:36:07 am »
Living comfortably and being able to spend for anything without worrying of its impact to your future finances
Also being able to pay for emergencies like hospitalization in cash

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »
Not thinking about making money coz it's always been just there!

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 11:25:37 pm »
Having a private jet, if living a celebrity/A-lister life.

Usually, many rich people are ma-luho. However, some of them are not.

empire_maker16

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:17 am »
For me, ang totoong rich or wealthy ay hindi show-off. They dont buy things they dont need sila yung frugal but not cheap. Ang maluluho na "rich" yun yung mga taong hindi nila pinaghirapan ang pera nila. Ang mayaman for me yun yung tao hindi lang mayaman sa pera, pati sa talino, skills, wisdom, finance at business minded person.

You dont have to prove to anyone how rich you are by flaunting high-end brand luxury items. Because the "real rich people" is the owner of the high-end brand luxury companies that you buy.

Bottomline here is that having the "it" things doesnt mean you're rich but owning and creating company like that.... it makes your real rich...

And may nabasa din ako na you can say na rich ka if you have a cash on hand na $1M so sa atin mga 40-45M right? so wala pa ako diyan kaya im still an average people... but i believe makakarating din ako diyan.. haha :)

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 09:44:41 am »
This:

"Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time.” ―Stephen Swid

Man, what I would give to just have more TIME. :)

firemanPOT

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »
According to Forbes magazine "rich" as a person who earns in of $ 1M per year (about $83,333 per month or just under $20,000 a week). And "poor" as someone who earns less than $25,000 a year.


juni

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 06:58:34 am »
My definition of being rich is having so much more resources than you and your loved ones would need for comfortable daily living and any emergencies or unforseen expenses that may arise.  Tipong you don't need to work and you don't need to worry about the future kasi secure kayo na you all have more than you will ever need or want.

Annie M.

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 08:54:04 am »
i now measure wealth in terms of freedom. for example, the freedom not to work for a year (or more) because there's enough cash in my reserves. i want my money not only to buy me things, but buy me choices.  yung tipong i know i can quit my job if ayoko na sa boss ko or something, and hindi ako kakaba-kaba na wala akong panggastos.

According to Forbes magazine "rich" as a person who earns in of $ 1M per year (about $83,333 per month or just under $20,000 a week). And "poor" as someone who earns less than $25,000 a year.




according to forbes ay poor pala ako.  :-\

call me naive, pero i feel "rich" because i eat well, i have a year's worth of expenses in my emergency fund, i have a home (though di ko pa tapos mortgage), i can travel (on a budget), etc. this may be because i live/work in the philippines, where $25,000 USD per year -- or roughly P90k monthly -- is more than enough.

on a related note, an "middle-income family" pala sa pilipinas is defined as households with a per-capita income of P65,787 to P805,582 (as of 2013).

siguro nga mas magaan ang buhay dito.

http://businessmirror.com.ph/index.php/en/news/top-news/21237-middle-class-accounts-for-24-of-pinoys-study 







mameejhy

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »
For me, being rich is -

Being able to stop working (corporate) whenever I want. -- check!

Being able to travel (on a budget) whenever our family's schedule allows -- check!

Being able to buy clothes/ stuff (I don't shop regularly, though) without looking at the price tag -- check!

Being able to eat (fancy and street food) whenever I want -- check!

Rich naman pala ako! ;D

juni

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 11:28:34 am »
@sis Annie M.: In some areas, yes, mas magaan nga ang buhay dito sa Pilipinas.  Kasi dito kahit maliit lang ang sweldo mo like teacher or something e pwede ka pa magkaroon ng katulong.  Sa ibang bansa kailangan mo maging mayaman para lang maka-afford ng maid.  Your P90 thousand a month na income will go a long way here.

artegirl

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:38 pm »
for me it is

- when I don't have to know anymore the price of things I want/need
- when I don't need to work for more money and instead I need to work on how to spend my money, i.e. putting up a foundation

mrscardenas2011

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 09:00:25 am »
Not wanting more than what you have.   ;) 8)

LiveLoveInvest

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 10:44:51 am »
it really boils down to the type of "comfortable" life we want.

some may be comfortable with this while others not.

But at the end of the day as long as we're happy, we have food on our plates, roof on our heads, clothes to wear, we are considered by others to be rich or wealthy na.

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
Not having to worry about the future/growing old

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 11:50:55 am »
IF you can say:  I don't give a sh1t.     
Whenever & to whoever you gotta.   :D.

Nurse Lynj

  • Guest
Re: Your Definition of Being Rich/Wealthy
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:55 am »
Hi! :)
From the book, The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker, I learned:

-that there is a HUGE difference between being comfortable and being rich.
Being rich is about having the financial and time freedom to be able to live a lifestyle that I desire without having to work or rely on anyone else for money :)

Like ngayon the least I can think of is I want to be earning at least Php10M per month. Pero it's not about the amount talaga. Never have a ceiling on your income daw kasi nililimit lang natin sarili natin.

I also learned that true measure of someone's worth ay hindi income but NET WORTH which comes from these 4 things:

1. Income
2. Savings
3. Investments
4. Simplification

We need to grow ourselves to become the best we can be, and the money will just follow :) Success is not a "what" or "how much" but a "WHO" :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close