Author Topic: Filipino infestation in Singapore  (Read 7965 times)

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
Filipino infestation in Singapore
« on: June 13, 2014, 09:27:40 am »
just this morning while reading through my FB. Newsfeed, this article link was shard by a friend. I read it and honestly it makes my blood boil. I will share it here

Filipino infestation in Singapore-5 point guide to showing displeasure without breaking the law

Yes the Filipinos have long overstayed their welcome,and they must be advised in no less clearer terms that we are growing intolerant of their presence. Then again, let's do this through largely "peaceful", non criminal means. We recommend pissing them off in the following ways:

1. Reject, and ask for replacement

If you encounter a Pinoy waiter/waitress or customer service officer, tell them this: " Could you kindly ask a Singaporean staff to speak to me? Your standard of English-there is much left to be desired." If the idiot continues rambling on, tell him/her with a smile:" Your English sucks,  capisce?  Get the f*** out of my uncaring face and find me someone else pronto."

2. Step on 'em, push or shove'em

When the Peenoise get rowdy or obviously do not observe basic social decorum, a little "nudge" in the right direction won't harm. Just make it look accidental. Pump your fist in victory later when they are out of your sight. We understand sometimes they just don't get it, so a little more force must be employed. Like what this unsung hero did: This morning at Bishan Circle Line MRT I pushed a Pinoy out of the train before door closes.

3. Create an artistic mess on your plate when dining at Jolibee

Or any other Filipino themed restaurant/ food outlet. Toss food into your mouth, chew thoroughly, then spit it out. Bite another morsel and repeat. Do this till your plate is a masterpiece of regurgitated nastiness. Ask for the bill (pay in cash), scribble "Pinoy food f*****g tastes like s***" on the receipt and remember to leave that piece of paper behind.

4. Never render help when Filipinos are involved in serious traffic accidents

Stand on the side with your arms folded across your chest, peering curiously at the bloody setpiece. Do not call the ambulance. But you have our permission to take photographs so they can be tweeted later with the caption: Hopefully another Pinoy has breathed his last on the little red dot. RIP.NOT.

5. Pray for a flood of blibical proportions to descend upon Orchard Road on 8 June

Go to the nearest church and pray. Pray hard for divine intervention aloud. Make sure God (and the Pinoy sitting next to you on the same bench) hears every word.
There will be no Noah's Ark to save the partying Filipino motherfuckers when hell breaks loose, because Noah sure ain't Pinoy when we last checked. Let's watch them drown whilst eating popcorn on our HD TVs.

Edit: The event to celebrate Pinoy National Day has been called off. Glory to Jesus ! A-f*****g-MEN!

6. ( bonus point) Actually this is our favourite. If you see a Pinoy cashier at NTUC, Cold Storage or Giant, throw a can of Baygon into your shopping before approaching him/her to make payment. When the cashier picks up the insecticide spray ready to do a barcode scan, ask him/her wryly: " Is this effective against Filipinos?  Sorry, I meant cockroaches. "

Source: http://bloodstainedsg.blogspot.sg/2014/05/filipino-infestation-in-singapore-5.html?m=1

A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Filipino infestation in Singapore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:49:02 am »
the more they hate us, the more we should push forward.

a few decades ago what did Filipinos do to the Chinese in the Philippines? they barred them from entering the retail sector.

what did the Filipno-Chinese do then? they became manufacturers and importers. now they're rich and control a huge portion of the Philippine economy.

karma bites.

but, nag sipag din kasi sila. so naging powerful combination. (good luck plus hard work)

so dapat ganun din tayo. magsipag din tayo. sumikap payamanin ang bansa natin at sarili natin.
pero syempre alam natin mahirap yun dahil kurakot pa lang eh isang katutak na. wala din disiplina karamihan sa mga kababayan natin.

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 03:12:07 pm »
Sarap lang ipullout LAHAT ng Filipino workers sa Singapore.  Tignan ko lang lang kung saan pulutin yang mga PWEfessionals na yan.  Nakakataas presyon lang!!! Agree with akthung na dapat magsikap pagyamanin ang ating bansa at ang ating mga sarili.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 04:01:21 pm »
sis maraming willing. they can get from India, at marami din magagaling na Indiano. malaysia, thailand pwede. DH can come from Indonesia and other asian countries.

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:54:39 pm »
Thing is, whoever posted that article was very successful with what he did -- trolling. The blog was already taken down, but I'm sure the guy behind it has been already laughing his ars* off for what happened.

Russians are always tagged as terribly bad people and drunkards in movies -- wala silang pakialam dun so there's no trollbait and almost no negative memes (and most of the Putin memes are positive). I can cite more races pero magiging mahabang novel tong post na to.

It's pretty much known elsewhere na matindi tayo magreact (in other words, "madaling mapikon") when someone mentions our country and our race in a bad light -- kaya maraming natutuwa na gawan tayo ng negative memes, blogs like that, etc. -- we turn into easy trollbait.

There will always be people who have all the free time to do that. Either you make yourself be better or be an incognito to avoid trolls like them, or you leave them alone. It's not like they can harm you like that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:04:22 pm by nettai »
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

crazy_krizsa

• crazy for YOU...
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Baby I'm perfect for you...
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 11:35:29 pm »
As a Filipino living here in Singapore nag init taga ulo ko when my friend forwarded me this blog.
Obviously nakuha ni blogger ang gusto nya, attention. Dedma nalang ako as I know not all Singaporeans are like that blogger.
Always respect me... For I am the shameful and the magnificent one...

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 01:21:51 pm »

Mga ganyang hate blogs/emails ay dapat hindi pinapansin. Kasi once patulan mo, ikaw din naman ang talo.  Sometimes we resort to retaliating din ano ang mali sa kultura nila, and ending, race wars. Which is really not good.

sugar n spice

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 03:10:17 pm »
^agree. that's why he created that hate blog, to get attention. Pag pinatulan mo, i-shinare at sumikat matutuwa pa yon. Deadmahin na lang. Besides, not all Singaporean are like "that" blogger.
If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »
Each countries has its bad eggs.  Even in our own country has one:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/465770/pinoyabroad/news/pinoy-nurse-in-singapore-charged-over-seditious-fb-posts

In my three years stay in Singapore, I have always read nasty comments about Filipinos in Singapore and other hate blogs but guess what, I have never, ever experienced any discrimination in that wonderful country, I even have close friends who are indians and singaporeans.  Heck, in my old work, I never ate lunch with my lone filipino officemate coz she's got a competitive mentality.  Everyday, I ate with my indian and singaporean friends, even watch movies with them coz they are full of happy vibes unlike my filipino colleague who would often just want to chismis our other officemates.   

Up until now, me and my singaporean friend still corresponds. 

I guess my point is that these hate blogs and comments are not meant to be shared but to be ignored.  For me, mas nagdidiscriminate pa ang europeans and aussies as compared to singaporeans.  These blogs are created by few citizen and it should not reflect the country as a whole. 

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »
nag didiscriminate din ang Singaporeans. naku grabe. dito nga sa Australia dami ko namemeet na singaporeans na ganun.

pansin ko lang, if they're always friendly to you, it means you're not a threat.

if you're not a threat, its not always a good thing.  in a work scenario, it can mean that to the whole department or community, wala kang threat sa kanila. wala kang ibubuga.

pansin ko din, if they know you can out trump them, talagang competitive sila.

on the other hand, if you're one of the bosses, as in mataas talaga, of course halik paa naman mga yun.

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 08:34:03 pm »
^I'm sorry but I beg to disagree with your assumptions.  Too bad, your experience with them isn't a nice one. 

I have been in singapore for 3 years and with different clients (I am a consultant) so I kinda met a lot of locals.  Currently, my client is a local australian company.  So since I started with my new company, I mostly interact with my australian counterparts. 

A year ago, I worked with swiss and dutch colleagues so I pretty much have some experience with them but they eventually came around, you just need to make yourself known.

With my singaporean and indian officemates, they also came around probably because I chose to interact with them rather than with the filipino one coz the latter seems to be hated by everybody (including me).  But the singaporean stood out amongst these races for me.  I went to melbourne for few days, and got discriminated there by a local.  I lived in Singapore for a long time, not once did I encounter any discrimination. 

17glut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 11:06:48 pm »
I too have lived and worked in singapore for quite some time and to be honest, I never experienced discrimination directed specifically towards me at all especially me being a foreigner or being a pinoy - be it my bosses, colleagues, taxi drivers, hawker tenants, even yung mga store clerk sa mga minimart madali mo makakasundo basta wag mo lang talaga tataluhin, just greet them with a smile. Mas nakasundo ko pa mga singaporeans kesa sa mga kapwa pinoy sa totoo lang. Yung last na tinirhan ko nga dun kasama namin sa bahay yung singaporean chinese na mag-asawa, sobrang bait at napaka-understanding ikaw mismo mahihiya ka na hindi makisama sa kanila.

At para lang sa kaalaman ng lahat, may bahid din ng katotohanan yung bad sides ng mga local pero bihira mo lang maeencounter yan lalo na pag alam mo sa sarili mo na wala kang ginagawang mali at marunong ka lumugar. Sumunod sa batas at gamitin lang ang utak. Hindi maiiwasan na minsan bigla ka mapa-trobol sa kanila, pag ganun ikaw na umatras wag nang palagan pa. Madali din naman sila pakisamahan at pag nakuha mo tiwala ng mga yan, friends for life mo ang mga singaporeans - sila pa unang tutulong syo.

Gusto ko pa sana habaan ang post ko pero I'll just stop right here, you all heard what happened to the edz ello guy di ba?   :-X

cutemama

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 12:59:36 am »
^ yup sis ano nga ba nangyari dun? Hindi kaya nakaranas din siya ng discrimination from the locals?

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 02:34:54 am »
^I'm sorry but I beg to disagree with your assumptions.  Too bad, your experience with them isn't a nice one. 

assumptions? tapos experience?  hindi mo ata alam pinagsasabi mo sis.  dito pa lang kino kontra mo lang sarili mo

Each countries has its bad eggs.  Even in our own country has one:

nag didiscriminate din ang Singaporeans. naku grabe. dito nga sa Australia dami ko namemeet na singaporeans na ganun.

YUN naman pala. "each countries has its bad eggs...."

lahat nga ng bansa may bad eggs.  so you mean to say, walang bad eggs sa singapore?? eh pano yung mga singaporeans na nabloblog noon na anti-pinoy? hindi mo ba nakikita yun?

(ingat ingat lang sa english at baka magkamali sa mga sinusulat mo sa work. consultant ka pa naman.... at kinokontra mo ulit yung sinasabi mo)

eh eto

http://www.dailystormer.com/singaporeans-are-way-more-racist-than-whites/

how about the academic paper na

Everyday Racism in Singapore
SELVARAJ VELAYUTHAM
Centre for Research on Social Inclusion, Macquarie University

and a...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28953147

susmio. esep esep naman. yun nga probability ng magkaroon ng iilang bad eggs hindi mo tinake into consideration. so  yung experience mo ba, yun na ba yung mundo?

ang discrimination kahit saan meron yan.  lawak lawak naman

dami ko na din kilala umalis ng SG dahil sa kanila pinapasa ang trabaho ng officemates nila.

FYI, bago kayo nag singapore tumira ako doon. Lee Kuan Yew era pa. which HINDI niyo naranasan. sa holland village kami nakatira. marami mababait na singaporeans, friends pa din kami hanggang ngayon. lagi ako dumadalaw dyan and vice versa. pero meron din maloko at demeaning TULAD NG IBANG LAHI. kapwa natin pinoy discriminating din eh.

just to be clear, and i hope your education will clear up your thinking and your limited experience and global exposure, sinasabi ko meron din rotten eggs, at may nagdidiscriminate din. hindi ko din sinasabi lahat

and a lot of them have migrated to Aus too. we see them here!!!!

case closed.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:57:18 am by akthung »

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 07:00:11 pm »
^Aktung, cool ka lang...  This is supposed to be a healthy conversation.  I am not attacking you in any way, I am just saying I disagree. 

I really don't see the point for that uncalled post of yours pertaining to mine, no need to attack my post.  I hope you respect other people's opinion as I have respected yours.   You can disagree but i hope you do it without attacking me.

Stop insinuating a conflict here in GT, please.

Sis 17Glut, Yes.  There are taxi drivers who are not polite pero majority naman are nice basta kausapin mo lang sila, same with aunties sa hawkers.  Meron kami madalas kainan sa tiong bahru hawker, then pag nakikita nya kami, lagi na sha nakasmile which is before hindi naman.  And its true, pag nakita nila na hindi ka sumusunod sa batas, talagang makakatikim ka.  I think singaporeans have very strong personality.  They really do speak their mind.  As long as you don't create trouble, i think you'll be fine.  Otherwise, walang magtatagal na mga pilipino sa SG.

angeleigh

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:52 pm »
(ingat ingat lang sa english at baka magkamali sa mga sinusulat mo sa work. consultant ka pa naman.... at kinokontra mo ulit yung sinasabi mo)

Foul. :)

17glut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 07:58:46 pm »
^ yup sis ano nga ba nangyari dun? Hindi kaya nakaranas din siya ng discrimination from the locals?

nobody exactly knows kasi accdg sa mga balita na lumabas noon na kesyo na-hack daw sya or what. At dahil nga matagal tagal din ako nakapag trabaho dun I have speculations of my own pero I'd rather keep those to myself na lang. You can search about the edz ello saga and from there you can draw conclusions of your own pero refrain na lang from posting it anywhere just to be safe.

Sis 17Glut, Yes.  There are taxi drivers who are not polite pero majority naman are nice basta kausapin mo lang sila, same with aunties sa hawkers.  Meron kami madalas kainan sa tiong bahru hawker, then pag nakikita nya kami, lagi na sha nakasmile which is before hindi naman.  And its true, pag nakita nila na hindi ka sumusunod sa batas, talagang makakatikim ka.  I think singaporeans have very strong personality.  They really do speak their mind.  As long as you don't create trouble, i think you'll be fine.  Otherwise, walang magtatagal na mga pilipino sa SG.

Exactly. Aware din naman kasi sila sa mga nangyayari at hindi lahat sa kanila tulad ng mga napapabalita. It can't be helped kung may iba nakarananas ng hindi magaganda while they are staying there. Singaporeans in general are a very well-disciplined people kaya hindi maiiwasan na ganun sila makitungo, ibang pinoy kasi sadyang pasaway lang talaga nadadamay ang mga nananahimik at nagttrabaho ng maayos, may pagka-squatter na nga sa sariling bansa tapos dadalhin pa rin nila sa abroad at ako mismo nasaksihan ko yun sa mga housemates at katrabaho kong pinoy.

17glut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 10:47:15 am »
I just spent 5 days to work there on a project, it was a pleasant stay. I did not experience any discrimination.

And feedback lang na naririnig ko sa mga friends ko na nakatira sa s,  mapili daw sila sa work, and sympre yung mga pinoy don since nagiipon, e tanggap [textspeak!] ng tanggap ng work. Kaya daw mas gusto nila ihire ang pinoy. Kaya siguro 'infested' ang sg Ng pinoy.

Sana nga kung may pasaway na pinoy dun, sana marealize nila na nakakahiya naman.

usually friendly ang mga locals once they find out na turista ka, ako everytime I encounter a nosy one I just say na I'm on a business trip and instantly magiging mabait na sila sa kin  ;D common to sa mga taxi drivers lalo na pag napupunta na usapan about the population of foreigners in SG.

Hindi rin totoo na tanggap lang ng tanggap ang mga pinoy ng work dun, ako mismo natuto akong pumalag pero in a nice way naman like pag hindi ko talaga toka ang isang duty tapos sa kin binato sinasabi ko talaga ang opinion ko hindi yung basta na lang tatanggi tapos nakasimangot pa ang itsura. Pag ganun kasi ginawa mo unti-unti ka tatanggalan ng assignments hanggang sa bigla ka na lang matetengga sa isang duty at ppwede mo rin ikatanggal yun pagdating ng annual evaluation. Nasa pakikipag-usap lang talaga yan lalo pa na boss ang kausap mo. In my experience sa pinasukan kong company, maayos kasi mag trabaho mga pinoy pati ibang lahi tulad ng myanmar, indian, etc kasi yung mga local, although ok sila barkadahin pero pagdating sa work, well, sabihin na nating may katotohanan yung na-point out mo.

As far as pagiging pasaway din ng mga pinoy, nakow, madami yan. Basta kung ano yung mga nakikita mong ginagawa ng mga pinoy sa pinas ganun na ganun din ang ginagawa pag nasa abroad.  :-X

sugar n spice

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 02:32:42 am »
Hi xtine! I hope you won't be offended with what I have to say. After all, as you said
This is supposed to be a healthy conversation.  I am not attacking you in any way...

I somehow understand where Aktung was coming from. Kasi you started your comment with
when he was not assuming but sharing his experience.

Stop insinuating a conflict here in GT, please.
in here, you sounded bossy. There's the word "please" but then you started it with the word "Stop". That's how I actually talk to my kids or staff kapag mataas na ang presyon ko. Konting rambol at konting change ng wording and it wouldn't sound as bossy.

No offense meant. I just hope you can understand why there's this tendency that you can get that kind of reaction. I may say it was not very gentlemanly of him (sorry aktung).

Anyway, ingat na lang din po sa pagbibitaw ng salita. However, if that's really how you express your thoughts then sino bako, diba?

Just my two cents :)
If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 12:30:45 pm »
^Thanks sugar n spice, noted on that.  I really do appreciate it. 

I guess I really came off as somebody who would speak my mind but not to the point of constantly pushing what I want. Everybody can disagree as well without any hint of emotions or anger towards anybody, its a matter of being open minded to the other's opinions even if it is not a popular one. 

One can disagree without attacking a fellow poster (judging her as a person, etc).  I believe that's the purpose and rule here in GT. 

I think its a filipino thing that would take offense if somebody tells them that they disagree with the statement, it's something I can't change. 

And about that "stop insinuating a conflict here in GT",  I meant it and I don't feel sorry for it.  I did it twice here in GT to protect a Gtalker from being bullied  And I wouldn't mind saying it again.

To go back to the topic, there are a lot of hate blogs pertaining to Singapore being a racist country, because of the constant racism going on in cyberspace, but it's just all sentiments of few.  There are laws within SG that condones these acts.  Also, as pointed out by sis 17glut, singaporeans are disciplined people and its something that I do admire from them, they even scold their own citizen if they feel that the others are not following the rules.  In my own country where people are okay with breaking the rules, we can really learn from them. 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close