watch now

Author Topic: Pregnant after a stillbirth  (Read 2833 times)

anniegurl

  • Guest
Pregnant after a stillbirth
« on: May 31, 2014, 06:56:10 am »
I gave birth to a sleeping baby boy dec 31 2014, i just found out that im pregnant again. Im excited and scared at the same time. I pray that I bring home my baby alove this time. CAn anyone share their experiences?

thanks

fab_mom03

  • Guest
Re: Pregnant after a stillbirth
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:53:56 pm »
Hello sis, mine was not a stillbirth though I was closely monitored and kung na-late lang siguro ako ng konti sa appointment ko baka di ko na din nakitang buhay yung baby ko. He lived 4 days. Anyway, as much as I would like to congratulate you, I know how nerve-wracking it can be to be pregnant again after a loss. It has been an emotional roller coaster for us. When I got pregnant again in 2012, I was more stressed than excited, though I tried my best to enjoy my pregnancy, knowing that any minute could be the last. But the only thing that got me through is my faith. I attended mass every sunday even though I was put to bed rest. I prayed so hard, eventhough my faith in Him was put to test when we lost our son. I followed my drs orders, went through gazillions of labtests and check ups, utz, nst, bpp. It was really physically and emotionally exhausting. All I can say is, no matter how hard it gets, just trust your body, and dont ever blame yourself. Trust your doctor. Just pray hard, and surround yourself with positive and supportive people :) And always talk to your baby angel to watch over you and his baby bro/sis. All the best and I will include you in my prayers sis <3

shinta

  • Guest
Re: Pregnant after a stillbirth
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:51:14 am »
^same tayo sis, not a stillbirth but I lost my first baby 2 days after I delivered him due to complications from meconium aspiration. Tapos I only have one ovary left. I also have thyroiditis which affects my fertility and I'm not young anymore, 34 yrs old. Feeling ko the odds were against me.

But thankfully, I got pregnant again after 3 years. And totoo, nakakapraning minsan. Kung pwede nga lang maging kabuwanan ko na agad, not because I want to skip the pregnancy, but because I want to make sure na we'll get to the last month safely. I'm counting the days till I'm 20 weeks pregnant kasi by then, baby will produce his/her own thyroid hormones and will be relatively stable. Until then, I'm at risk for miscarriage. Then after that I'm sure I'll anxiously wait till the 38th week.

Kahit both pregnancies ko may mga hurdles at mas hirap ako ngayon with morning sickness, I'm just thankful everyday that God gave me a chance again and keep praying na sana this time, He'll give us this baby. Iwas stress din ako, pero minsan di din maiwasan ma-stress sa kaka-isip. Magpapalit ba ako ng OB, ng Endo, san ako manganganak, finances etc. Kaya nakakapraning talaga.

But prayers, faith and a positive mind get me through everyday.

anniegurl

  • Guest
Re: Pregnant after a stillbirth
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:12:11 pm »
thanks sisses for sharing your experiences. i had my ultrasound last monday and i cant help but get teary eyed when i heard my baby's heartbeat. week before i had my ultrasound galing kami hk and it was so tiring. and i thought may nangyari na masama sa baby siguro praning lang talaga ako. good thing baby is ok heartbeat at 166 :-) i try to stay positive all the time and always pray to my little angel to guide me and his kapatid. prayers to you sisses, kaya natin to.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close