For a person who travels a lot -- it is worth getting a Rimowa. The clothes remain neatly packed & accessible. The mesh cover with partitions neatly holds small items like underwear, make-up, etc.
I bring samples of my skincare products, or repack in leakproof small containers.
For other daily-use items, instead of 1 medium bottle - I bring the equivalent in several small-sized bottles. So, instead of say 1 big bottle of mouthwash. I bring 4 small versions of mouthwash. I throw away as consumed, so I don't carry useless packaging around. (Same for sunblock, alcohol, mga ganon).
I nail down my clothes to 3 interchangeable sets, the LBD/pants-suit, 2 super big scarves, or 2 long mufflers -- jacket, a coat, 2 pairs of shoes, 3 bras, 4 panties, 3 undershirt tanks, 4 socks, pair of leggings, a hat. 2 short nightgowns. All fit into the biggest sized carry-on.
So, for Warm Weather Destinations: a mini skirt, jeans, shorts with 3 tops & LBD & Uniqlo's Airish tanks - all washable in the shower, dry & wear.

A cotton Givenchy super big scarf (double duties as a skirt over shorts/mini for attire-strict places). An Hermes silk very large scarf to dress up my attire for chichi restos/dinners. I wear my Lanvin sneakers everywhere, & have dressy flats to alternate. Big floppy hat to stick in bag.
For Chilly/Cold Weather Destinations: 2 jeans, 1 slacks & 3 tops. Uniqlo thermal tanks & leggings. A dressy suit top with matching pants. My Moncler jacket & coat. Add: cashmere cardigan, cashmere pull-over, leather gloves. Long wool mufflers, instead of scarves. A furry hat.
Ankle boots or rubber shoes (depends on itinerary, or if with kids) & knee high boots. Definitely, broken-in boots.
Do not scatter your other stuff in your hubby's/kids' suitcases -- You may be traveling with unnecessary stuff if you don't discipline yourself to your own suitcase.